Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Can't find any mention of this friendly anywhere, where did you see this?

1 minute ago, Ford Prentice said:

See the last couple of pages of the East Fife thread.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Gorgie Boot boy
10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Worked with him for a year or so. Great guy I respected a lot. 

I knew Jim when i was a schoolboy, i respect him a lot too as an adult.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Forrester High? Portobello?

Forries and Deans livingston.

Go back a page.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

2 hours ago, bazman said:

For me Cochrane just looks like he's missing a yard of pace. Always looks like he's running through mud. Technically no doubt he's a great wee player but the other side may bold

him back

Have thought that from day 1. Shows up in reserve games as well. They have tried the old coaching methods to improve his running style but to no avail. 

1 hour ago, Disco Ball said:

They cant get White fully fit ... he is complaining of niggles and reluctant to train at the level needed 

Shame.  Not costing us a lot though as he came in on a low basic with appearance add-ons being significant. 

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Yeah he is a bit of a national hero, was probably a real nice lad .The reputation he had and the way he got the Scotland rugby lads playing, can never be taken away from him or us .Like you say a fascinating guy. Looking back can see that he was a winner, although back in them days anyone at the end of his mauling, would say he was a dirty *******..His favorite saying was, he would come down on you like a tonne of bricks. 14 or not. We were a bunch of little ***** to though. 

I was in South Africa in 1997 when Telfer and McGeechancoached an unfancied British Lions team. His training sessions were thought to be brutal and his pre match speaches are a thing of legend. I had the good fortune to meet him at a few functions and he was a good crack but you wouldn't want to mess with him. His club and Country meant everything to him and it came across in his after dinner speaches. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, 5-1Jambo said:

I was in South Africa in 1997 when Telfer and McGeechancoached an unfancied British Lions team. His training sessions were thought to be brutal and his pre match speaches are a thing of legend. I had the good fortune to meet him at a few functions and he was a good crack but you wouldn't want to mess with him. His club and Country meant everything to him and it came across in his after dinner speaches. 

I feel terrible as i was a bad lad, all my fault. Thinking back on it today i can see that he was a real leader, wanted the best for us all. He personally gave me a load of chances, i never let him down or played in a losing side during my brief stint at Rugby. I was only at Forries a year same at Deans. Can still hear his voice ripping through me, we were shaking with fear as he prowled. Your all a let down to yourself s, get out there and sort it out.  

2 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Can he not get punted then,  on medical grounds or something?..

He looks really timid even in the training videos.

Robbie & JJ have their work cut out getting rid if the last remnants of dross that they inherited. 

I'd forgotten JJ was back with us :jj:

Did Falkirk not put 6 past Raith? 

on the scale of we were pleased with our result against East Fife, that’s a decent result for them. Their 6th goal was decent football

Gorgie Boot boy
10 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Forries was shite. Moved to Tynecastle after 4 months. Best move I made. No transfer news then :lol:

Seemingly White and Damour are shite, and folk here are hoping they get palmed off pronto.

I wouldn't of had them at the club in the first place. Always thought were waste of cash.

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Did Falkirk not put 6 past Raith? 

on the scale of we were pleased with our result against East Fife, that’s a decent result for them. Their 6th goal was decent football

Some chat on that game on the Hearts v East Fife Thread

2 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Both of you are on ignore. Next one says it joins You.

Good for you. Personally I quite enjoy your inane ramblings.

Leveins Battalion
20 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Good for you. Personally I quite enjoy your inane ramblings.

🤣🤣

They make up 93% of posts on KB these days,guys relentless.

18 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Indeed. Not suspicious activity at all.

There was another poster with a similar style, it almost seemed like English wasn't his first language.

Anyone else see that Jimmy Dunne started for Burnley in midweek? 

So whoever made up that "Dunne Deal" was more full or pish than the Tynecastle toilets on match day

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Seemingly White and Damour are shite, and folk here are hoping they get palmed off pronto.

I wouldn't of had them at the club in the first place. Always thought were waste of cash.

Wighton and Damour. 

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Craig has at least got a chance.

Robbie may think so. His new project. I just hope he realises sooner rather than later. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, jr ewing said:

Robbie may think so. His new project. I just hope he realises sooner rather than later. 

I said a lot on Craig, i am seeing him in a new light. That light dimmed when Chrissy showed more appetite, Wighton was there ready and all but lacks that desperado worldy. He has the talent. Give him the chance to win his place, that is all he is worth right now. I have called him Shighton a few times in the past, that was different times though. Since then he has been at Arbroath had a good doing and scored some goals. My recent optimization is from watching the Hearts TV highlights of training bounce games 11v11 and a friendly from friday night. At the moment he gets a break, competition time is where he will be judged. If up to me none of them would be near Hearts.

Leveins Battalion
11 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

500 posts in a week.

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I said a lot on Craig, i am seeing him in a new light. That light dimmed when Chrissy showed more appetite, Wighton was there ready and all but lacks that desperado worldy. He has the talent. Give him the chance to win his place, that is all he is worth right now. I have called him Shighton a few times in the past, that was different times though. Since then he has been at Arbroath had a good doing and scored some goals. My recent optimization is from watching the Hearts TV highlights of training bounce games 11v11 and a friendly from friday night. At the moment he gets a break, competition time is where he will be judged. If up to me none of them would be near Hearts.

500 posts a week of nonsense.🤣🤣

Maybe I'm being optimization and need a good doing.😎

Tom Hardy’s Dug
14 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I think he has this luxury.

We have 3 players that realistically could get on average 15 goals each this season - Boyce, Naismith and Walker. Haring and Halkett could get 5+ each. Olly is good for maybe 8 to 10 at this level.

Thats without factoring in the Roberts and Frear who look lively and above Championship level and good for a few goals this season.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think he has this luxury.

We have 3 players that realistically could get on average 15 goals each this season - Boyce, Naismith and Walker. Haring and Halkett could get 5+ each. Olly is good for maybe 8 to 10 at this level.

Thats without factoring in the Roberts and Frear who look lively and above Championship level and good for a few goals this season.

Agree with this.   Think we're going to see some entertaining football.    Defence worries me for the bigger games and potential Cup runs but hopefully that will get sorted.   Other than that what gives me the fear is covid uncertainty and I'm hoping it doesn't derail the season. 

42 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Anyone else see that Jimmy Dunne started for Burnley in midweek? 

So whoever made up that "Dunne Deal" was more full or pish than the Tynecastle toilets on match day

Of course it was. Another Agent fantasist exclusive. Those thinking it could feasibly happen are almost as deluded as him. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Of course it was. Another Agent fantasist exclusive. Those thinking it could feasibly happen are almost as deluded as him. 

I don't mind people sharing gossip or 'ITK' info tbh,   but I do object to posters who say things or insinuate things as if it's as a matter of fact,  like this particular 'agent' did.   That, is just sad, attention seeking nonsense. 

allanwilson1970

What worries me is that Irving apart it seems Robbi does not rate the others to be at the right level for us to be playing them this season. If you told me at  ages19/20 that McDonald, Cochrane, Henderson would be as close to first team as me I would have thought you had gone mad. Even Connor Smith by now I thought would have been good enough. The first priority is to win the league and that is what I care about but surely we should be producing players at 19/20 who are ready. Obviously something has gone wrong for that not to be the case.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

What worries me is that Irving apart it seems Robbi does not rate the others to be at the right level for us to be playing them this season. If you told me at  ages19/20 that McDonald, Cochrane, Henderson would be as close to first team as me I would have thought you had gone mad. Even Connor Smith by now I thought would have been good enough. The first priority is to win the league and that is what I care about but surely we should be producing players at 19/20 who are ready. Obviously something has gone wrong for that not to be the case.

Be more worrying if he played players that weren't good enough. 

Best players, correct positions age - doesn't matter. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I don't mind people sharing gossip or 'ITK' info tbh,   but I do object to posters who say things or insinuate things as if it's as a matter of fact,  like this particular 'agent' did.   That, is just sad, attention seeking nonsense. 

My problem with him is how he kept hounding one poster for ITK posts he thought were untrue then does it himself.

35 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

500 posts a week of nonsense.🤣🤣

Maybe I'm being optimization and need a good doing.😎

I like his optimization of this forum. 

14 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Is his middle name. 

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

My problem with him is how he kept hounding one poster for ITK posts he thought were untrue then does it himself.

Indeed. He used to hound Notts, who was probably the most ITK person on here. 

1 hour ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Awful lot of assumptions in this post

allanwilson1970
36 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Awful lot of assumptions in this post

Do you think the assumptions are wrong? I am just saying what I see, I hope I am wrong BTW and that 2-3 of them are regulars.  

5 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Do you think the assumptions are wrong? I am just saying what I see, I hope I am wrong BTW and that 2-3 of them are regulars.  

How can you judge anything on the basis of a couple of friendly matches? Surely the time to pick holes in anything is after a fair number of league matches.

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Andy Halliday is happy with a deal we have offered him. Would be surprised if he didn't sign 

How long ago was it we offered it Daza? I didn't believe this saga until now. 😆Assume he has more enticing offers from USA or England or he would come to us?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Andy Halliday is happy with a deal we have offered him. Would be surprised if he didn't sign 

I'm just relieved we didn't sign Bryson after he was released although he'll probably be great at St J now.

I'd prefer Smith, Irving and Cochrane to get more chances however signing Halliday might mean White and Damour will leave as Halliday can play both their positions.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

McDonald and Cochrane both had injury setbacks and don't seem to have recovered their earlier promise yet. Smith seems to be progressing nicely though and seems to be in Neilson's plans.

2 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

There's a part of me that think Robbie does rate, and does want the youngsters to do well, but on the flip side this is such a big season for us to go straight back up that he doesn't want to rely and put extra pressure on the younger ones, and so has brought in a few older and more experienced players to carry the burden.

18 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

ok. What else does it mean then? You may as well say it now.

Damour isn't exactly a looker is he, and he's married with kids so it sort of throws your analogy straight in the bin.

5 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Damour been told he can leave if he finds a club .. but any club that has shown an interest baulks at the wages he wants (parity with what he is on just now).  Uche found a club on the wages he was asking ... so heres hoping.

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

😂😂😂

Been saying since January that we should snap him up. Would be delighted if we do.

Same mate. He's not stauner worthy but the reaction would be :laugh: