Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Stephen Kingsley played as a triallist for Falkirk today against Raith.

Playing with his old club to get fitness up I imagine.

25 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Stephen Kingsley played as a triallist for Falkirk today against Raith.

Looks like we have no interest in him if that’s the case. 

Heart of Darkness
1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

No. I am on two warnings as it is.I have fought my way through the gauntlet at Forries. No chance i am being mugged off as one of them lot. So i will save myself first.

The gauntlet at Forries!! 😲

The dimly lit corridor connecting the Techie block to the main building in the old skool 😬

Many a kicking been done in the 80's 🤕

😆😆😆

Heart of Darkness
1 minute ago, Heart of Darkness said:

The dimly lit corridor connecting the Techie block to the main building in the old skool 😬

😆😆😆

Sorry it's not on the transfer theme 😳

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Heart of Darkness said:

😆😆😆

The exact spot, usually before the tongues off the Janny

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Heart of Darkness said:

Carnage!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Didn't even smoke Bud was getting smokes off me for protection as well. Part reason i had to box my way through them ***** . lol

Heart of Darkness
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Didn't even smoke Bud was getting smokes off me for protection as well. Part reason i had to box my way through them ***** . lol

You needed to be fast or legs of steel to make the exits on the far side or the safety of the classroom. 😆😆😆😆

I had forgotten all about the corridor of doom!!

Cheers for the memory reboot. 👍

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

You needed to be fast or legs of steel to make the exits on the far side or the safety of the classroom. 😆😆😆😆

I had forgotten all about the corridor of doom!!

Cheers for the memory reboot. 👍

Yeah also Telfer cracking yer skull into oblivion , was a celebration when he left. Ended up deputy head at Deans, **** me was he excited.

33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Looks like we have no interest in him if that’s the case. 

Indeed. He's obviously closer to the glue factory than to Tynecastle if he's Falkirk level. 

Gorgie Boot boy
27 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Carnage!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣ee

Can still smell the corridor, a mixture or oil and shite. Maybe that was the dinner hall

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Indeed. He's obviously closer to the glue factory than to Tynecastle if he's Falkirk level. 

I'd be surprised if he ends up at that level so assume it's as suggested that he's trying to show/build his fitness to win a deal elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I usually say that when i get up, at night time after i brush my teeth look in the mirror, i say .

Mon the Hearts.

Funny enough, i find myself doing it in the best Eubanks voice i can imitate, the one before he gets knocked on his hole right enough.

Bockthing ith a mugth game. And hibth are a bunch of ***th. 

jamboinglasgow

If Damour goes then it helps us a lot. I do think he could have turned things around and been a good player for us, but potentially his wage can be better used for other players to build a strong squad. There is two weeks to go, so can see a busy period of comings and goings.

22 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'd be surprised if he ends up at that level so assume it's as suggested that he's trying to show/build his fitness to win a deal elsewhere.

Possibly. 

Heart of Darkness
51 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Can still smell the corridor, a mixture or oil and shite. Maybe that was the dinner hall

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Heart of Darkness
1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Yeah also Telfer cracking yer skull into oblivion , was a celebration when he left. Ended up deputy head at Deans, **** me was he excited.

Telfer...........was he the suited Arithmetic Head? 🤔

Gorgie Boot boy
3 hours ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Telfer...........was he the suited Arithmetic Head? 🤔

Jim Telfer the Scotland Rugby Guy, i forget what he was at Forries apart from a  *******.

have we just resigned ourselves to the thought that Cochrane is not going to be a first team player. Would have liked to see him given a lot of game time this season.

3 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Jim Telfer the Scotland Rugby Guy, i forget what he was at Forries apart from a  *******.

Fascinating guy, Jim Telfer:

https://www.worldofbooks.com/en-gb/books/tom-english/the-grudge/9780224083218?gclid=CjwKCAjw2Jb7BRBHEiwAXTR4jRcpFu0jZAjt4cS0Iq6FJU56rXHZWS-nznf4rxcxv4K3627tzuPQgBoCldIQAvD_BwE

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, jambo in iraq said:

have we just resigned ourselves to the thought that Cochrane is not going to be a first team player. Would have liked to see him given a lot of game time this season.

Cochrane had a good game against celtic 3 years ago and hasn't kicked on since. I think we need to realise he probably isn't going to make it.

3 hours ago, jambo in iraq said:

Has to earn it in training 

16 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Cochrane had a good game against celtic 3 years ago and hasn't kicked on since. I think we need to realise he probably isn't going to make it.

He's, what? 18, 19? His biggest issue, without having inside track, is he came in at 16. At his age, if he hadn't played a single 1st team game, he'd still have a chance.

Not saying he'll do it, but writing him off is daft.

They all take different paths, develop differently. Harry Kane always springs to mind. At 19/20, he looked destined for a career at Leyton Orient as a good guess.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He's, what? 18, 19? His biggest issue, without having inside track, is he came in at 16. At his age, if he hadn't played a single 1st team game, he'd still have a chance.

Not saying he'll do it, but writing him off is daft.

They all take different paths, develop differently. Harry Kane always springs to mind. At 19/20, he looked destined for a career at Leyton Orient as a good guess.

For me Cochrane just looks like he's missing a yard of pace. Always looks like he's running through mud. Technically no doubt he's a great wee player but the other side may bold

him back

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yep heard Damour is away. 

I hope so. Even if he came good he must be one of our biggest earners. There’s no need for us to be paying such big bucks especially in the championship so would be good for him to be off our books. Happy to swap him for a wee nippy sweety in the middle of the park. 

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, john thomas said:

Also states he hasn't actually kicked a ball since March . Would infer he is not too bothered about playing ?

Tbf, most of our team are in the same position. 

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, DS98 said:

Damour has been bombed. Not sure about White

Ze Germans? He is French after all, in 2020 I wouldn't be surprised. 

14 hours ago, DS98 said:

Damour has been bombed. Not sure about White

They cant get White fully fit ... he is complaining of niggles and reluctant to train at the level needed 

2 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

They cant get White fully fit ... he is complaining of niggles and reluctant to train at the level needed 

Can he not get punted then,  on medical grounds or something?..

He looks really timid even in the training videos.

Robbie & JJ have their work cut out getting rid if the last remnants of dross that they inherited. 

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

I hope so. Even if he came good he must be one of our biggest earners. There’s no need for us to be paying such big bucks especially in the championship so would be good for him to be off our books. Happy to swap him for a wee nippy sweety in the middle of the park. 

Is it not the case that we are legally entitled to reduce wages when we drop down a division?

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that all contracts must incorporate SFA requirements etc and one of these allows clubs to scale down wages in our situation.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Is it not the case that we are legally entitled to reduce wages when we drop down a division?

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that all contracts must incorporate SFA requirements etc and one of these allows clubs to scale down wages in our situation.

not true, but we did put relegation clauses in contracts.. not sure which players 

22 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

shock. We better ditch this policy of signing crocks 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Yeah he is a bit of a national hero, was probably a real nice lad .The reputation he had and the way he got the Scotland rugby lads playing, can never be taken away from him or us .Like you say a fascinating guy. Looking back can see that he was a winner, although back in them days anyone at the end of his mauling, would say he was a dirty *******..His favorite saying was, he would come down on you like a tonne of bricks. 14 or not. We were a bunch of little ***** to though. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Either Hibs or a special character

Both of you are on ignore. Next one says it joins You.

11 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Yeah he is a bit of a national hero, was probably a real nice lad .The reputation he had and the way he got the Scotland rugby lads playing, can never be taken away from him or us .Like you say a fascinating guy. Looking back can see that he was a winner, although back in them days anyone at the end of his mauling, would say he was a dirty *******..His favorite saying was, he would come down on you like a tonne of bricks. 14 or not. We were a bunch of little ***** to though. 

Honestly, I appreciate that at 14 you probably wouldn’t have liked that. In saying that though, to have been coached by that guy, you should probably feel a bit honoured looking back now. That book is absolutely fantastic by the way, thoroughly recommended it. Would be even more fascinating to someone like yourself who I assume was coached by him. The bit about him taking teams over to NZ to train against local sides is unbelievable. 👍

Get White to **** and bring in Halliday. Cover at LB and midfield, means Watson gets closer to the first team if needed and we get a player that is better than what we had. 

All I want this window is Halliday 😭

Gorgie Boot boy
22 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Honestly, I appreciate that at 14 you probably wouldn’t have liked that. In saying that though, to have been coached by that guy, you should probably feel a bit honoured looking back now. That book is absolutely fantastic by the way, thoroughly recommended it. Would be even more fascinating to someone like yourself who I assume was coached by him. The bit about him taking teams over to NZ to train against local sides is unbelievable. 👍

When i started at Deans he was onto me fast, told me with glee that i was in his Rugby team. Thankfully there were no tongs at Deans or he would be giving me the 6 of the best i was due from Forries. He then chased me, after i told him my Dad will do him if he talks to me like that again. Ended up my dad knew him and i got it off him as well. Coached by him, i did play a few games for his Rugby team  as Fly half at school , I am not a Rugby fan, One of the Hasting brothers lived round the corner from me in Livingston would see them now and then. One night Scott crashed his car into the side of a house facing my mums, ended up helping to drag him out as the car went on fire. 

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Gorgie Boot boy
12 minutes ago, OTT said:

Get White to **** and bring in Halliday. Cover at LB and midfield, means Watson gets closer to the first team if needed and we get a player that is better than what we had. 

All I want this window is Halliday 😭

Leo came on as a sub in yesterdays Hearts v Spartans game.

55 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Worked with him for a year or so. Great guy I respected a lot. 

21 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Leo came on as a sub in yesterdays Hearts v Spartans game.

Can't find any mention of this friendly anywhere, where did you see this?

5 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Can't find any mention of this friendly anywhere, where did you see this?

See the last couple of pages of the East Fife thread.