Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

2 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

What a load of shite. Wright  has been training with Hibs, so I doubt we had any interest.

Wright is another one I would have taken, width is lacking in this squad.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

What was the Celtic clause, that if they offer terms he agrees to we would have had to release him?

Chancing little ^^^^. The vermin deserve him. He'll be in for a shock going from tinpot to premier league.

Felix Lighter
Just now, Last Laff said:

You said you wouldn’t want players signing who had a future desire to join Celtic.  Hickey has and will.  If Daza is correct and it’s a big if then I’m also of similar nature.  Although we done similar with Lafferty and it worked out well I wouldn’t want similar occurring. 

Except I didn't say that. I said, a club specific clause as part of a contract.

Felix Lighter
8 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

If the Celtic clause was correct then we were 100% right to say say no. Had he said he wanted a release clause in contract for any club then you can negotiate a figure you both happy with then it up to him to earn his move. If it just Celtic then he showing not a bit of class to the club who trying to buy him. 

Exactly.

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Wright is another one I would have taken, width is lacking in this squad.

Your at at the Ham.

9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

What was the Celtic clause, that if they offer terms he agrees to we would have had to release him?

Chancing little ^^^^. The vermin deserve him. He'll be in for a shock going from tinpot to premier league.

Probably more of if Celtic offer a million or something hes the chance to go.  It actually shows ambition tbh and if it wasn’t another prem club specifically I would be all for it. 

12 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Its amazing the relatively easy ride they get compared to us. 

£250k whilst the players are being asked to take cuts and deferrals cannot create a happy squad.  

Borders Jambo
1 minute ago, OTT said:

£250k whilst the players are being asked to take cuts and deferrals cannot create a happy squad.  

This, plus I really don't want someone who has a clause in their contract allowing them to move to one of the OF.

Its maybe just me but smacks of disrespect and is v vermin/feeder club.

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hibs will be hoping Celtic come for him next summer, or even in January.

Ridiculous for them to spend that much money while mass redundancies are ongoing at Easter Road and their players are on wage cuts plus the original deferred wages that they won't get until next year.

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

didn't they say that they would not sign any players until their current players salaries were back up to normal levels after deferals. Or have they counted asking them to take wage cuts as their wages going back to normal?

Leveins Battalion

Some amount of Vermin on here,Drey Wright would've been a great signing.hahahaha

A guy who has assisted 3 goals and scored 0 the past 2 years.

babertonjambo
30 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The guy is a goal machine in the tinpot league we're likely to be in, he could have had any clause he wanted ffs.

We have got Boyce and Naismith who will score goals for fun in that league. Both of whom are far better players than Nisbet.

i would much  rather we spent £250K on a player who will improve our team as opposed to someone who wouldn't even have been a guaranteed starter.

tokyowalnut

I wonder what that odious prick Kenny McIntyre will have to say about the Hibs signings. He was desperate on the podcast last week for someone to agree with him that Hearts players would be upset at the Craig Gordon signing. No doubt he will be full of praise for Hibs signing the Fat Fifer.

Edit: just read he is actually Glaswegian, not a Fifer before someone points this out 🙈

Edited by tokyowalnut

14 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its boring. I have said so many times, if you think he talks nonsense and no gossip is true then just dont listen to him and ignore him. I enjoy reading the rumours because rumours are fun, most rumours dont come true but I dont care. 

I think there is an element of jealously from some posters towards Daza, Daza gets positive comments from people when he posts and other posters want that (not a surprise a few who are berating him have tried to post ITK information that didn't come true.)

Nailed it.

Leveins Battalion
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Have you heard of Liam Boyce? You honestly think the two are comparable, and we've shot ourselves in the foot by Hibs signing Nesbit and Boyce saying he's staying even if in the Championship?

You can't see Boyce scoring 15+, even with a 27 game reduced season...?

Get Liam Boyce the service and nobody will score more in Scotland.

3 hours ago, I.T.K said:

I dont think we can make many moves until we know which league we are in. 

Probably true pal. 

3 hours ago, Baxfee said:

I’m the other way. There will be so many free agents we don’t need to rush. If a player goes somewhere else fair dos. Let’s look at others - they may be the better option 

Maybe. If we're in for guys like Drew Wright and Scott Nisbet though, we should call it a day. 😂 

1 hour ago, Mister Dee said:

Nesbit is the new James Keatings. Goals in the lower leagues, but not much else. 

This is why he would have been a perfect signing for us this year.

9 minutes ago, babertonjambo said:

We have got Boyce and Naismith who will score goals for fun in that league. Both of whom are far better players than Nisbet.

i would much  rather we spent £250K on a player who will improve our team as opposed to someone who wouldn't even have been a guaranteed starter.

For me relying on an injury prone near 34 y/o is more risky. Boyce should score a barrowload but I don't trust the rest even in the Championship. If they can't do it against Hamilton and St Mirren then no reason to believe they'll suddenly become Vardy like in the second tier.

1 minute ago, ExPatTam said:

Not at £250k.

May as well re sign Gavin Reilly. He's good for it at Championship level as well. 

Just now, ExPatTam said:

who do you play him in front of though?

3 of our 4 strikers have played at, and scored at higher levels than Nesbit and are full internationals

26 minutes ago, babertonjambo said:

They will score goals for fun - if fit.  Long term they aren’t going to be the solution though. 

Plenty folk on this thread getting worked up about the so called move to Celtic clause but it could all be pish. I suspect nobody knows the terms of the boy's Hibs contract except for Hibs, Nesbit and his agent. He's away to hibs, i guess we will see if he's any good through time but hopefully we get someone in of equal or better potential. If we even require anyone. As it stands, we will be playing a 27 game league season. We should have enough with what we have to get out that league.

Fitzroy Pointon
37 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Some amount of Vermin on here,Drey Wright would've been a great signing.hahahaha

A guy who has assisted 3 goals and scored 0 the past 2 years.

:laugh2: Honestly have never heard of the guy.  If that's there replacement for Boyle then no one has anything to worry about.  

Saying that, they could sign Messi, Ronaldo and Cavani and we would still turn them over at ER with Uche up front himself.  

44 minutes ago, babertonjambo said:

Agree, with Naismith being in the creative pocket while banging them in plus setting Boyce up, the goals should come flowing.

I lived up north for a few years and saw some incredible Boyce displays when we was with County. He should be able to hit some good numbers this season.

The boy Nisbet may turn about to be a player, then again he might turn out to be another James Keatings or Gavin Reilly. 

Naisy and Boyce have both claimed they are staying put. If there is anyone on here claiming they would rather have Nisbet than either Naismith or Boyce then they are Hibs. Simples. 

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

You said you wouldn’t want players signing who had a future desire to join Celtic.  Hickey has and will.  If Daza is correct and it’s a big if then I’m also of similar nature.  Although we done similar with Lafferty and it worked out well I wouldn’t want similar occurring. 

He didn't say that.  You just made that up.  Why?

Is £250,000 the confirmed fee? Quite a bit of cash for a guy who has played most of his career in the lower divisions. All be it he's scored a lot of goals the past two seasons. A bit like Shankland, if he can score 3/4 of those goals in the Premier league then it would be a good signing but he could equally be out of his depth and a waste of money. He's not especially young either if they are thinking about development potential and sell on value. 

16 minutes ago, theshed said:

The hibs fans on hear trying to make out they are hearts is embarrassing 

The wierdos try and justify it as a good old wind up . 

The sadest of sadsacks . 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

The guy is a goal machine in the tinpot league we're likely to be in, he could have had any clause he wanted ffs.

Agree with that. Shame we missed out on him, have to look at ourselves and why we didn't get him. As for wingers he'll do is not the attitude, it's got us in trouble and is why we are where we are. We have to look for the best possible, your internationalist for example as daza says is more like it 

Edited by rudi must stay

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Agree with that. Shame we missed out on him, have to look at ourselves and why we didn't get him. As for wingers he'll do is not the attitude, it's got us in trouble and where we are. We have to look for the best possible, your internationalist for example. 

Tbh I don't know much about the boy Wright except he has pace and can be developed, much like Boyle when they signed him. Neilson needs to shake up that squad whatever the league. It will be no cake walk in the second tier, every one of these clubs will have a cup final when they play us. 

Leveins Battalion
Just now, JackLadd said:

Tbh I don't know much about the boy Wright except he has pace and can be developed, much like Boyle when they signed him. Neilson needs to shake up that squad whatever the league. It will be no cake walk in the second tier, every one of these clubs will have a cup final when they play us. 

Utter Pish.

13 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

Is £250,000 the confirmed fee? Quite a bit of cash for a guy who has played most of his career in the lower divisions. All be it he's scored a lot of goals the past two seasons. A bit like Shankland, if he can score 3/4 of those goals in the Premier league then it would be a good signing but he could equally be out of his depth and a waste of money. He's not especially young either if they are thinking about development potential and sell on value. 

Quite a bit of cash when they’ve laid off 70 members of staff.

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

It will be an absolute procession in the second tier. 

18 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

Mate we are better than them. It is a good signing. 250k is nothing for a boy thats scored his level of goals. 

Just because it is Hibs that signed him it doesn't change the above.

Haringshairband
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Mulraney had pace and could be developed. Hibs are gambling on potential. Could go wrong, could be a good move. I agree we do need a shake up of the first team.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Quite a bit of cash when they’ve laid off 70 members of staff.

That is also true. Was thinking about it more from a "would I want Hearts to buy him" point of view and I don't think I would want us paying as much as that for someone who is unproven at Premier league level. Especially when we have proven strikers with international experience.

1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Mate we are better than them. It is a good signing. 250k is nothing for a boy thats scored his level of goals. 

Just because it is Hibs that signed him it doesn't change the above.

His goals are mostly at L1 level though so still think it's a gamble. Like I said he scored 18 last season, if he scores 3/4 of that in the Premier league you would say money well spent but he could struggle to step up. It could go either way at the moment and if we signed him I would feel the same. 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It will be an absolute procession in the second tier. 

I think Gordon will be a crucial signing if we're in the 1st division

2 hours ago, Felix Lighter said:

I hope you're right about us knocking back the celtic clause. I hope it becomes common practice at Hearts that any OF obsessed youngsters are told thanks, but no thanks. find an alternative route because we know when the OF start tapping you up via smsm you down tools, and take the huff until you get your "dream move". 

Price specific clauses are fine, club specific not.

The fact that we re-signed Walker probably suggests we are not going down that route. 

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I'd rather stuck with Boyce who has scored more in the league above but hey thats maybe just me