Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Vlad the impaler

Really not fussed either way for Nesbit as feel we’re well covered in the striker department. The positive if true that we went in late for him though is that there’s clearly money to spend on the right player. Hopefully creative midfielder 🤞🏼

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

A 4 year deal seems quite long for someone totally untested in the top league. Good luck to the guy but can't say I'm overly fussed.

jamboinglasgow

This tweet from a St Johnstone fan account about Drey Wright made me laugh

Reading the comments from Saints fans below it (with a pinch of salt as fans rarely are complementary of a player moving to a rival) they think he showed early promise but never really delivered. Plus players mvoing from St Johnstone to Hibs rarely work out.

Im sure all the kids Hibs have released will be happy to see their futures at that club sacrificed to bring in a blob from Dunfermline - I'd expect the Hibs first team guys will be asking why they're being asked to take big wage cuts while the club are spunking money out £250k 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Im sure all the kids Hibs have released will be happy to see their futures at that club sacrificed to bring in a blob from Dunfermline - I'd expect the Hibs first team guys will be asking why they're being asked to take big wage cuts while the club are spunking money out £250k 

''He's just a blob from Dunfermline,blob from Dunfermline,He's just a blob from Dunfermline''

The Blob.

Edited by Leveins Battalion

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Jeez hubz sign Ceptic fan - they just cant resist their big cousins boaby 

Erm Liam Boyce is a massive Celtic fan. 

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

A 4 year deal seems quite long for someone totally untested in the top league. Good luck to the guy but can't say I'm overly fussed.

Fek the good luck.  

manaliveits105

Nice that we made hubz pay more  than they wanted for the pizza muncher  too GIRFUY 

only a matter of time before the bouncing boyle heads to their big team

Just now, Last Laff said:

Fek the good luck.  

Aye, I meant it more like the 'break a leg' kind. Literally.   😁

alicante jambo
57 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Fek the good luck.  

I agree. Hibs will be feeling good the now 10000 plus season tcks sold, new players being signed  and their bitter rivals been voted out the top league. This feel good factor they have right now could go to pot in 1 week. If we win this case you watch them muppets going berserk and claiming the system is corrupt bla bla bla. Even better if we get reinstated a lot of them have voiced that they will give back the season tickets. Of course a lot of fans have paid in full but thousands have taken to finance option of paying up. They could be spending money relying on their fans keeping their season tickets.

50 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I work with a Raith Rovers fan who's pretty well in with the club, he told me they couldn't wait to get rid of Nisbet because of his appalling Billy big baws attitude, he's said to me this morning that the lad has talent, but he'll be another Riordan/O'Connor esque type of player with a severe lack of class about him, so should fit in well. 

Also, I wonder what the 70 odd people or so who were made redundant by Hibs are thinking about them spending money on players now? Where's the outrage in the press about it? If that was Hearts, it would be a major story! They get it so easy from the press that it's embarrassing, although I believe that they're close to selling Boyle as well, but that cash should really be paying the deferred wages etc. 

To be honest I don't know the first thing about him so I'm not going to greet because he hasn't signed. For me, if you have the option of signing for Hearts and Hibs and you choose Hibs then hell mend you. Obvious lack of ambition right there. 

Not like them to sign a "Billy big baws" either. Look forward to him running from cops, crashing his car or being banned from every boozer in the town. Next.

Heartsofgold
20 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That's exactly how I look in football strips and I'm a truly fat *******.  He looks like a few runs up and down the Gullane sand dunes will be needed.

22 minutes ago, theshed said:

That a XXXXXL he’s wearing?

Aye he's a chunky monkey aint he. Maybe sell them Vanaceck's shorts

Fitzroy Pointon
3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

That's exactly how I look in football strips and I'm a truly fat *******.  He looks like a few runs up and down the Gullane sand dunes will be needed.

:gok: Same.  I was thinking he has similar love handles to me.  

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

They could tie him to a tractor and drag him round to flatten the sand

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

To be honest I don't know the first thing about him so I'm not going to greet because he hasn't signed. For me, if you have the option of signing for Hearts and Hibs and you choose Hibs then hell mend you. Obvious lack of ambition right there. 

Not like them to sign a "Billy big baws" either. Look forward to him running from cops, crashing his car or being banned from every boozer in the town. Next.

He was at Raith one season and scored 30 goals.  I don’t think any Raith fan would have a bad word to say about any player doing that. 

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I think he spouts a load of pish tbh. Fair enough if you want to hang on his every word but he's had a mare in this thread so far.

Every team on the planet has fans who hear things, some come off and some don't. People need to stop being such babies about it.

manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He was at Raith one season and scored 30 goals.  I don’t think any Raith fan would have a bad word to say about any player doing that. 

In the 3rd tier 

FTH

thank you hibs for giving me this wonderful "new" opportunity........that I squandered last time and you've decide not to give any more youngsters by closing the farm

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

In the 3rd tier 

FTH

Obviously.  The Raith fans would hardly have wanted rid though would they?  

25 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

''He's just a blob from Dunfermline,blob from Dunfermline,He's just a blob from Dunfermline''

The Blob.

😂😂😂 

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Impressive but we'll see if he can make the step up. If he does I look forward to a Nisbet thread on here updated every time he scores a la Shankland. If he doesn't, which I sincerely hope is the case then meh.

If we're spending 250k I'd rather we did it on a midfielder who can pass the ball forwards and score the odd goal.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

For those not wanting to click the link, the key points are:

- Gordon is going to cut appearnce fees, win and goal bonuses and instead offer a bonus for finishing top 4.

- 70 staff made redundant including Scouts, coaches and staff who were popular and there a long time

- players are not happy at the wage and bonus cuts as well as the number of staff made redundant. 

As we have shown last few years, having no bonus incentive really works against a team.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Thought Police

There was similar hype about Reilly making the move up from the Championship. Let’s see how it pans out for them.

manaliveits105
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not good they have snapped up Nesbit, good chance they will make a lot on him down the line. Pish in fact.

Nah hes just a blob from Dunfermline 

Felix Lighter
33 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

We went for him earlier in the week, hibs were told to match our bid which eventually they did.  We said no to the Celtic clause he wanted, hibs said yes to that clause, offered more wages while we said he would be 2nd or 3rd choice. We walked away and hibs rolled over to him. Not a last minute bid from us

I hope you're right about us knocking back the celtic clause. I hope it becomes common practice at Hearts that any OF obsessed youngsters are told thanks, but no thanks. find an alternative route because we know when the OF start tapping you up via smsm you down tools, and take the huff until you get your "dream move". 

Price specific clauses are fine, club specific not.

How often do we see lower league goals scorers fail to live up to that promise when they play in the Premier league.  History is littered with players like Nisbet. I can think of quite a few we have had right back to Gerry McCoy. 

Edited by Deevers

Carl Weathers
11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Up to 70 staff redundant.

They are ****ing shameless. 🤣

What really annoys me is that no pundits will come out and criticise them. 

22 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Impressive but we'll see if he can make the step up. If he does I look forward to a Nisbet thread on here updated every time he scores a la Shankland. If he doesn't, which I sincerely hope is the case then meh.

If we're spending 250k I'd rather we did it on a midfielder who can pass the ball forwards and score the odd goal.

Of course and he’s got it all to prove.  I was merely replying to the post that said a Raith fan was happy he left as he was trouble which is clearly either complete bitterness because he went to Dunfermline or is fantasy. 

12 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

I hope you're right about us knocking back the celtic clause. I hope it becomes common practice at Hearts that any OF obsessed youngsters are told thanks, but no thanks. find an alternative route because we know when the OF start tapping you up via smsm you down tools, and take the huff until you get your "dream move". 

Price specific clauses are fine, club specific not.

I’m glad we never had that attitude when we signed Hickey. 

Felix Lighter
Just now, Last Laff said:

I’m glad we never had that attitude when we signed Hickey. 

Does Hickey have a celtic clause in his contract?

Nesbit is the new James Keatings. Goals in the lower leagues, but not much else. 

7 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Does Hickey have a celtic clause in his contract?

That contract that has under a year to run and he’s expressed his desire to go back to them?  Probably not, it has got a **** off percentage of transfer fee to them though. 

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Fair enough about the fans, but those closer to the club that actually run it, hated the lad because of his attitude, I also questioned why they would let a 30 goal striker go to my Raith supporting mate, and his reply was that is attitude was so bad that they wanted him out, even though he scored loads of goals. To be fair though, I haven't heard the same issues around Dunfermline, and I live there, so he's maybe shaken the attitude issue. 

Borders Jambo

Who cares now, he is a vermin player so hope he has a nightmare season

Any further rumours about who we are interested in/what positions we are looking to fill?

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

We went for him earlier in the week, hibs were told to match our bid which eventually they did.  We said no to the Celtic clause he wanted, hibs said yes to that clause, offered more wages while we said he would be 2nd or 3rd choice. We walked away and hibs rolled over to him. Not a last minute bid from us

:D 

What an absolute mickey mouse outfit they are. That clause is a disgrace and shouldn't ever have been entertained by any party. Effectively saying I'm here for a move to Celtic. Embarrassing. With us refusing it, why the hell would Hibs agree to it? Better wages plus being 1st or 2nd choice surely means they are beating the offer comfortably already?

Just as a side note, I wonder if we could do similar to Liverpool the next time we get a bid from the OF for a player, agree the deal contingent on them agreeing a 'penalty' fee for coming in for our players again for a set period of time, e.g. 5 years. 

Felix Lighter
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

That contract that has under a year to run and he’s expressed his desire to go back to them?  Probably not, it has got a **** off percentage of transfer fee to them though. 

None of which has anything to do with my OP. 

To reiterate, if Daza is correct and Nisbet was told to beat it over his celtic clause request then I support the clubs stance and I hope it is a policy that continues.  

adambraejambo

If the Celtic clause was correct then we were 100% right to say say no. Had he said he wanted a release clause in contract for any club then you can negotiate a figure you both happy with then it up to him to earn his move. If it just Celtic then he showing not a bit of class to the club who trying to buy him. 

The guy is a goal machine in the tinpot league we're likely to be in, he could have had any clause he wanted ffs.

10 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Fair enough about the fans, but those closer to the club that actually run it, hated the lad because of his attitude, I also questioned why they would let a 30 goal striker go to my Raith supporting mate, and his reply was that is attitude was so bad that they wanted him out, even though he scored loads of goals. To be fair though, I haven't heard the same issues around Dunfermline, and I live there, so he's maybe shaken the attitude issue. 

That makes more sense now suppose :) still think it’s more of them being bitter he left to join Dunfermline more than anything although I always though Lewis Vaughan was a better player before injury also (another Hibee but a good laddie). 

4 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

None of which has anything to do with my OP. 

To reiterate, if Daza is correct and Nisbet was told to beat it over his celtic clause request then I support the clubs stance and I hope it is a policy that continues.  

You said you wouldn’t want players signing who had a future desire to join Celtic.  Hickey has and will.  If Daza is correct and it’s a big if then I’m also of similar nature.  Although we done similar with Lafferty and it worked out well I wouldn’t want similar occurring.