Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That would be huge.

I count 7 players leaving there, who is the only one of the 8 staying?

It would be Ferguson? I think

31 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

He looks set to replace Cosgrove at Aberdeen.

MASSIVE FALL OUT at Aberdeen. Aberdeen fined the 8 players 4 weeks wages which has caused a lot of upset amongst several players.

Bryson AND Devlin have had their contracts terminated. Should be confirmed today. McCrorie has been signed to cover their positions. McInnes and Aberdeen only spoke to the player and The Rangers yesterday and got the deal done. Hibs are furious as they had agreed terms and a deal with The Rangers.

Cosgrove and Mckenna have both handed in transfer requests in light of their wage fines. Both will be sold as their is interest in England.

Logan, Hedges and McGeough are apparently the others to leave.

More news to come. Sound like a lot of trouble for the sheep! Fantastic.

Thank god Aberdeen beat us to the guy Bryson as he’s been a failure and will be an expensive one 

Glamorgan Jambo

If Levein still had an input Rudy Gestede would be out the front of the Gorgie Suite with a scarf above his head this afternoon.

a classic target man who, when I watched him at Cardiff many years ago, couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo.

1 minute ago, theshed said:

Thank god Aberdeen beat us to the guy Bryson as he’s been a failure and will be an expensive one 

McGeough has hardly kicked a ball for them also. Yet another injury prone player.

kingantti1874

Now I’m the first to have a go at John Murray (not that I know him but our transfer policy in recent years has been outrageously bad)

but I have been told that he was constantly over ruled by Levein who signed players and didn’t sign players . The example I was given was Levein sent him to watch Uche and the report that he came back With was - never good enough for heart!! I understand this happened multiple times and players identified by Murray have subsequently gone on to do well elsewhere.

im in no way ITKx just a story I was told by someone involved in the game for another club, no idea if true but a strange one to make up

33 minutes ago, neilr61 said:

Disagree, Makes hibs finishing 3rd more likely 

Wouldn't concern yourself with those tramps. They will not finish 3rd or even 4th.

We will dump them at Hampden too.

FTH

43 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

MASSIVE FALL OUT at Aberdeen. Aberdeen fined the 8 players 4 weeks wages which has caused a lot of upset amongst several players.

Bryson AND Devlin have had their contracts terminated. Should be confirmed today. McCrorie has been signed to cover their positions. McInnes and Aberdeen only spoke to the player and The Rangers yesterday and got the deal done. Hibs are furious as they had agreed terms and a deal with The Rangers.

Cosgrove and Mckenna have both handed in transfer requests in light of their wage fines. Both will be sold as their is interest in England.

Please let this be true. 

Seymour M Hersh

Was looking at the Daily Mail prior to coming on here and they had a piece about McCrorie having a medical at Aberdreich. As for the rest of it well it would be funny as **** and potentially end their season before they have a point on the board. :lol:

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

McGeough has hardly kicked a ball for them also. Yet another injury prone player.

I remember rumours on here we were in for him. Lucky escape given his injuries but if he’s injury free would be decent. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I remember rumours on here we were in for him. Lucky escape given his injuries but if he’s injury free would be decent. 

Definitely but that doesn't happen very often. Maybe he will end up back at the Hobos.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Now I’m the first to have a go at John Murray (not that I know him but our transfer policy in recent years has been outrageously bad)

but I have been told that he was constantly over ruled by Levein who signed players and didn’t sign players . The example I was given was Levein sent him to watch Uche and the report that he came back With was - never good enough for heart!! I understand this happened multiple times and players identified by Murray have subsequently gone on to do well elsewhere.

im in no way ITKx just a story I was told by someone involved in the game for another club, no idea if true but a strange one to make up

This is where my "good John Murray story" comes in. 

When Stendel first arrived there was a meeting between Levein, Murray, Budge and Stendel. It would be fair to say things got rather heated with Murray and Levein blaming each other for the shite recruitment. Murray seemingly rolled out a list of players he had recommended to Levein that had been ignored by Levein. 

He then left the meeting abruptly. 

17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

according to someone last week, he is only being kept on to work with JJ to move players out, not on incoming players (which is being left to Robbie and his coaching staff.) 

The JJ and RN bit is true. Don't know about the Murray thing though.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

That would be huge.

I count 7 players leaving there, who is the only one of the 8 staying?

Hayes, he only just signed and has deferred his wages for a year.

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

When Stendel first arrived there was a meeting between Levein, Murray, Budge and Stendel. It would be fair to say things got rather heated with Murray and Levein blaming each other for the shite recruitment. Murray seemingly rolled out a list of players he had recommended to Levein that had been ignored by Levein. 

Imagine how big Leveins list was.:levein2:

''Yes Rafa looked like a Andy Robertson on  Youtube,well Ricky Sbragia told me Perreria was better than 

Schmeical at Euro 92''

:Shoosh:

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I really don't know anything much about John Murray however what I do know is that any Scout will put forward players as recommendations based on the criteria set out by the Coach/Manager.

He will say he wants a particular type of player and the Scout will come back with his suggestions on who is available.

It is then entirely up the the Coach/Manager to decide on who he wants. If he feels that the correct type of players are not being put forward then the Scout should be emptied.

From what you are saying it seems the correct call was made in emptying the Coach/Manager.

1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

Heard the other player in hot water was Matty Kennedy. No idea if he's included in the apparent exodus though! 

Superb reading. If this is all true then not only are Aberdeen in absolute meltdown, but Hibs have been done over into the bargain and look set to lose out on a marquee signing, who would likely have become one of their best players. We should be hovering like vultures here if there's a possibility of snapping up a couple of players. Would certainly take Devlin to give us a full ensemble of centre backs, and I would maybe consider Bryson for his experience and for the fact that the Championship is about his level now.

Cosgrove and McKenna will command decent transfer fees, so no point in even discussing them. 

Edited by Batistuta87

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hayes, he only just signed and has deferred his wages for a year.

Wonder if he can defer his fine? 

34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I was told a very similar story from a scout for Hearts. The report on Uche was he was a big strong battering ram but not good enough for Hearts. Levein went against it and signed him anyway.  I wouldnt say Levein made a wrong call on Uche but there are perhaps other who are in a similar boat

AFC forums citing a decent source for Bryson and Devlin contesting their fines and having their contracts terminated, along with uncertainties over McGeouch, Logan, McKenna, Hedges, Cosgrove and a few others. Could be something in this... 

Watching with interest... 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

AFC forums citing a decent source for Bryson and Devlin contesting their fines and having their contracts terminated, along with uncertainties over McGeouch, Logan, McKenna, Hedges, Cosgrove and a few others. Could be something in this... 

Watching with interest... 

I wonder if Cormack is using this as an excuse to get rid of players to cut their wage bill to save money

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I wonder if Cormack is using this as an excuse to get rid of players to cut their wage bill to save money

And force the sale of their 2 biggest assets while they are still worth money.

51 minutes ago, theshed said:

As soon as aberdeen noticed levein fancied bryson they should've ran a mile :lol:  

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Aberdeen will be delighted if Bryson terminates his contract.

Have to say I was disappointed at the time that we didn't get him as I rated him as a player, loads of experience played at a decent level consistently. His time at Aberdeen has been a nightmare with injuries ect..still reckon he could do us a turn if fit, just my opinion HHGH!!

9 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Aberdeen will be delighted if Bryson terminates his contract.

It was JJ who took Bryson to Clyde and he tried to sign him from Kilmarnock in 2010 too I believe. Wouldn't be surprised to see us linked if he does leave

1 minute ago, micole said:

Have to say I was disappointed at the time that we didn't get him as I rated him as a player, loads of experience played at a decent level consistently. His time at Aberdeen has been a nightmare with injuries ect..still reckon he could do us a turn if fit, just my opinion HHGH!!

Jeffries very much an admirer

33 years old

Injury problems

Probably on a high wage

Problems off the pitch

Played less than 10 games in over a year

Sign him up for 4 years.

Just been told Aberdeen have told Curtis Main, Scott Wright and Anderson they can find new clubs. They won't have any players at this rate. They are going for a small squad this season. Wow.

I'm wondering if they are in financial trouble...

1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Anyone else find it annoying Dykes is quoted £2m going to QPR and far bigger clubs are likely to get Hickey for £1.8m. Feel we should be asking for £3m minimum. I know the contract situ doesn't help and yes Dykes is a striker who generally cost more but still feel we could and should be demanding more.

No

Always a premium for  goal scorer.

Good deal for Livingston. Might survive this season. 

3 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Just been told Aberdeen have told Curtis Main, Scott Wright and Anderson they can find new clubs. They won't have any players at this rate. They are going for a small squad this season. Wow.

They are about to sign a boy from the huns.  I wouldn’t think Cormack is also short of a few bob.  Would take Main as Uches replacement tbh. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Heard one or two things myself. As others have said, Murray was blanked(recommended John Stead among others) but Levein wanted Uche. Reasons told I wouldn’t post here as to cause a stooshie and it being second hand info.  

As for the much talked about forward issue.(as in development). The old set up wanted players to learn more how to play the number 10 role as they thought that’s how the game was going!  We’ve lost some decent out and out young strikers due to not towing the line.

Mental.  

PS...but Murray is still a very hard man to work with, I’m told.  

Edited by Debut 4

Hungry hippo
15 minutes ago, RS86 said:

It was JJ who took Bryson to Clyde and he tried to sign him from Kilmarnock in 2010 too I believe. Wouldn't be surprised to see us linked if he does leave

Would all depend on fitness. Definitely was a quality player but he hasn't got going at Aberdeen at all.

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

I love a good John Murray story. 

Weirdly enough I met him a few years ago at a Springsteen gig at Hampden and he loved talking about Hearts. Nice guy but football is constantly evolving and fresh people are needed to keep progressing. Sad but we all have our sell by dates. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Heard one or two things myself. As others have said, Murray was blanked(recommended John Stead among others) but Levein wanted Uche. Reasons told I wouldn’t post here as to cause a stooshie and it being second hand info.  

As for the much talked about forward issue.(as in development). The old set up wanted players to learn more how to play the number 10 role as they thought that’s how the game was going!  We’ve lost some decent out and out young strikers due to not towing the line.

Mental.  

PS...but Murray is still a very hard man to work with, I’m told.  

Murray and Levein arguing reminds me of Harry and Loyd falling out in dumb and dumber.

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Would all depend on fitness. Definitely was a quality player but he hasn't got going at Aberdeen at all.

He would still skoosh the fizzy pop league this season. 

1 hour ago, theshed said:

It’s not like us to miss out on an expensive, injury prone flop. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

according to someone last week, he is only being kept on to work with JJ to move players out, not on incoming players (which is being left to Robbie and his coaching staff.) 

True, folk have to remember JJ is just an advisor to the Board on a smallish retainer and not an employee  He certainly won’t be putting in 40-50 hour weeks. 

9 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

You're killing me man! :laugh:  Keep it up 👌

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

100% correct if what I have been told is true. Also numerous players that he has recommended but we haven’t hired have gone on to be decent at other clubs, Wright at St.Johnstone for one, Gogic another. 

6 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Weirdly enough I met him a few years ago at a Springsteen gig at Hampden and he loved talking about Hearts. Nice guy but football is constantly evolving and fresh people are needed to keep progressing. Sad but we all have our sell by dates. 

You should probably read the story I posted then. 

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Murray and Levein arguing reminds me of Harry and Loyd falling out in dumb and dumber.

Given money spent on players I think CL has a briefcase of IOUs like Lloyd did.... ::troll:: 

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

I believe that happened as you outlined it.