Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, E3OBE said:

So have we just sold the only two players in the whole squad with even an grain of pace or running in them? (Clare & Washington).

I'm sure Robbie has his targets in mind and we need to trim the budget for the championship, but I'm worried for the strength of our squad with the cup semi final in mind. Hibs have definitely strengthened, whereas we've lost  2 of our (probable)starting 11.

If Smith leaves, as has been rumoured for some time, we're starting to look a lot weaker. Even worse when Hickey inevitably departs.

I know we're heavy on numbers and need to get the overall squad numbers down but I'd much rather we had been able to offload Damour rather than either Washington or Clare.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think he was referring to the English Championship.

No shit Sherlock 😜

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Although he had a bad injury that cut short his career at Hearts Tomaschek was a massive presence and leader around the Club .... not all contributions are made on the park. When injured he was always volunteering for fan based events or promoting the Club (Jack McConnell used him many times when promoting Edinburgh sporting initiatives) 

Didn’t know that, still not value for money I’m afraid.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Not sure when Nicholson did that either to be fair. He's talking about this goal. I think you might be thinking or Gordon Smith?

Another GK gaffe. Smith was too slow, should’ve been moved to RB. 

After a period of relative serenity from

me this is where I am going to start losing the rag with some of our “family”.

We’ve been punted down a league and have reduced the wages of all players.

Most if not all players will have an agreement that as a result of all of that they will be entitled to leave the club without us being dicks about it.

Oh and there is the not insignificant loss of income of £4/£5m that we have to deal with.

We’re not going to have to cope with Hearts fans turning into complete ******s again are we?

Edited by Jammy T

Diadora Van Basten

Sean Clare played really well at right back and was pretty poor anywhere else.

I would probably have rather Smith left and Clare played right back but am don’t think it will be that much of a loss.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hearts made big money from JJ signings - Weir, McCann, Niemi, Cameron.....

You’ve said this before, Weir was sold for £250k. We made just under £6m off those four which was pretty good back then. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Saint Jambo
10 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

I'm sure Robbie has his targets in mind and we need to trim the budget for the championship, but I'm worried for the strength of our squad with the cup semi final in mind. Hibs have definitely strengthened, whereas we've lost  2 of our (probable)starting 11.

If Smith leaves, as has been rumoured for some time, we're starting to look a lot weaker. Even worse when Hickey inevitably departs.

I know we're heavy on numbers and need to get the overall squad numbers down but I'd much rather we had been able to offload Damour rather than either Washington or Clare.

This is why playing the cup semi is such a ridiculous proposition by the SFA. It simply can't be fair to expel one of the 4 teams to a lower league, with the impact that has on budget and therefore squad. The transfer window is going to make a total farce of the cup.

Leveins Battalion
14 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

I assume we are actively trying to get rid of Damour,whether there are any takers is another story.

On a larger scale some of the Sunderland players on £40k a week refused to leave,even after double relegations.

Not all players have a conscience,care about the long term survival of a club etc,they are in it for money and money only.

I guess we'll find out in due course how crazy bat shit Leveins contracts are.......

19 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Somebody commented earlier that we now lack pace. It’s a bit of a concern tbh. Garrucio is quick but without Clare and Washington we urgently need fast players. 

7 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

This is why playing the cup semi is such a ridiculous proposition by the SFA. It simply can't be fair to expel one of the 4 teams to a lower league, with the impact that has on budget and therefore squad. The transfer window is going to make a total farce of the cup.

Spot on. I really do wish the club make a big issue about this as the media just don’t get it.  

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Fantastic!

Glad you agree you were waffling! 👍

43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’ve said this before, Weir was sold for £250k. We made just under £6m off those four which was pretty good back then. 

I know - I was answering a poster who was again casting doubt on JJ’s transfer record.

Felt like he'd finally turned a corner under Stendel. A bright light in the darkness tbh. 

I hope we've got a sell on fee agreed. 

Best of luck to him. 

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

So is Washington away, or just rumours?

Seemingly agreed a 2 year deal with charlton but not official yet

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not one of JJ’s traits or strengths. Open book and always has been. 

JJ tells it as it is - that’s a strength in my book.

19 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

I don't think that's realistic given he was a 4th division player in England before joining us and has scored just 5 in 40 games for us. 

And he’s shite. 

Holyrood_Hearts
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

All clubs at our level will be hit and miss with transfers. Comes with the territory.

Overall JJ has a good record however there is one massive blot on the copybook (no it’s not Gordan Petric)  .. his nose was massively  out of joint when we resigned Rudi Skacel.. he wanted to sign Toni Capaldi Instead If I remember 😂😂😂

Insanity Jim ! complete total and utter lunacy.. 

whisper it but a few on here agreed with JJ as well 😂😂😂 the “you should never go back” brigade 

I remember that. Rudi was signed by Vlad when JJ wanted a left back 😂

Holyrood_Hearts
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

It was as close to a wonder goal as we scored that painful season 

It took me a second to work out which goal, that the one that took a huge deflection & wrong footed the keeper? 

Hectormasson
16 minutes ago, bazman said:

Seemingly agreed a 2 year deal with charlton but not official yet

Not be sorely missed ......

Holyrood_Hearts
4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

KK said on that Si Ferry show that JJ told him he wouldn't believe some of the stuff that was going on. I can't imagine the training was that bad, leads me to believe it was the contracts that were dished out.

Gotta trust Robbie and JJ. Not that I'd be upset to lose anyone other than Boycey.

Sorry but when did he say that? Wasn’t it when KK signed for Hearts years ago?

https://www.transfermarkt.us/jim-jefferies/spielertransfers/trainer/663/plus/0/galerie/0?station_id=3273#/

There’s been a lot of chat regarding JJ’s signings in comparison to our most recent tenures.

I must admit that I thought a lot on here were remembering JJ’s signings more favourably and there would be a lot of guff but if you look at the link above it is mainly positive. Which is all you can ask for.

I don’t have any issues with the club moving on Washington, Clare and Hickey for fees. The last two were in the last year and weren’t likely to sign on.

Plus as much as I think the squad we had would be more than enough on paper to get promoted you’ve got to remember how poor they were last year. Sometimes just refreshing a few faces brings out better performances across the board. 

Kenneth Dubeke
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hearts made big money from JJ signings - Weir, McCann, Niemi, Cameron.....

Weir was sold for £250,000. We got a decent fee for Niemi, although we paid Rangers £500,000 and eye watering wages for 2 years. Good fees for Cameron and McCann. Both were excellent players for us. Top notch 

McCann even signed a new deal to ensure we maximised our fee. A top man 

Kenneth Dubeke
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not one of JJ’s traits or strengths. Open book and always has been. 

Budge may need to have a word 

9 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Weir was sold for £250,000. We got a decent fee for Niemi, although we paid Rangers £500,000 and eye watering wages for 2 years. Good fees for Cameron and McCann. Both were excellent players for us. Top notch 

We got £2m for Niemi which is better than “decent” in my book. He earned every penny of his “eye watering” wages with fantastic performances week in week out.

JJ’s signings should not just be judged on the ones we got money back on.

Others he signed we got little or no fee when they left but the ‘value for wages’ of the likes of Bruno, Flogel, Adam, Hamilton, Fulton, Salvatore, Rosset, etc, was first class.

Just noticed JJ also signed Steven Pressley....

Edited by Thomaso

Kenneth Dubeke
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We got £2m for Niemi which is better than “decent” in my book.

JJ’s signings should not just be judged on the ones we got money back on.

Others he signed we got little or no fee when they left but the ‘value for wages’ of the likes of Bruno, Flogel, Adam, Hamilton, Salvatore, Rosset, etc, was first class.

Adam was on huge money. So was Flogel 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Two of  our best players. Yes

I heard Smith is away soon aswell but I think we all expected that one.

Austin MacGlee
4 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Ironically, some of Cathro’s signings were proven better players than many of the ones we got more of a tune out of with other managers. Nobody will ever persuade me Tsziolis (sp?) is a bad player. Same applies to the Greek defender and Isma.

Yup, was sad to see Isma go to be honest, he offered something different up front.

Agree re: Tziolis too, he just lost interest by the looks of him but definitely not a bad player.

Rick Sanchez
24 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Sorry but when did he say that? Wasn’t it when KK signed for Hearts years ago?

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

I heard Smith is away soon aswell but I think we all expected that one.

Decks are well and truly being cleared.

I think our 1st team squad will look like this by the end of August

Gordon

Zlamal  GK

Brandon

Berra

Halkett DEF

Souttar

Garrucio

Haring

Walker

Lee   MID

Irving

Naismith

Boyce

The rest will be punted!!

We will add some new faces and make up the rest of the squad with Cohrane,McDonald,Connor Smith etc.

Kenneth Dubeke
3 minutes ago, lou said:

However much it was, it wasn't too much 😁

Certainly paid they're way. Might've played a part in the debt escalation under pieman though 

5 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

We were top of the league when he made his debut

And the team crumbled as our 5 most important players got injured.

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gordon

Zlamal  GK

Brandon

Berra

Halkett DEF

Souttar

Garrucio

Haring

Walker

Lee   MID

Irving

Naismith

Boyce

We will add some new faces and make up the rest of the squad with Cohrane,McDonald,Connor Smith etc.

Surely that’s too light in numbers? An injury crisis like the last two season would see us going down to league 1🤣

Leveins Battalion
Just now, GinRummy said:

Surely that’s too light in numbers? An injury crisis like the last two season would see us going down to league 1🤣

Yip thats why i said we will add a few.:greggy:

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Gordon

Zlamal  GK

Brandon

Berra

Halkett DEF

Souttar

Garrucio

Haring

Walker

Lee   MID

Irving

Naismith

Boyce

Don’t think Souttar will be here next season. 

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Zen Jambo said:

Don’t think Souttar will be here next season. 

Can't see him going anywhere to be honest,needs an injury free season before he gets a move.

Souttar not going anywhere.

Washington, Uche, White & Hickey will leave. Smith is a possibility too.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Who were you before? 

Who bested you in the noble, but modern art of JKB verbal combat in the past? 

You're like the annoying, drunk glaswegian on holiday who comes crashing in on conversations with his "banter". 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You laugh, but we lose our first game, season called by a vote.... 

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Disappointed at the lack of Damour's name!

Need that wage gone.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Can't see him going anywhere to be honest,needs an injury free season before he gets a move.

You’d hope he’d stay, right? 

I’m not convinced his injury history will overshadow his potential and a fair price to an EFL club...

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Well, I hope that’s my theory given the kibosh. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You laugh, but we lose our first game, season called by a vote.... 

We won’t be losing to Dundee. If Dundee’s finances allow them to make the firs game.