Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Sorry to see both Clare and Washington go but understand the club has to cut it's cloth accordingly. Decent additions and a few more get rids and we should be alright. Tricky getting players to play a truncated season I'd imagine but we're Hearts and that should be enough for some. In Robbie I trust

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

13 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

I think the fact that Hickey, Clare and Washington are leaving and we have plenty of players in the current squad that could do a job to replace them just highlights how big our squad was. It also highlights that our squad to be in this position shows how badly managed they have been. Obviously would have liked these players to stay but not that bothered about them leaving either. Trust Neilson to make the right decisions. 

Keep reading about our huge squad Taking into account our injury problems etc how much bigger than others was it ?

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

A good enough side to win the Championship, but a horrific lack of pace all round.

Exactly. 

Nielson states he needs pace and I’m sure he will try and sign some players with pace. But the First two players to leave are probably the fastest players at the club in Clare and Washington. 

When I think of the calibre of those two, and how they were talked up when they signed, it is so depressing to see how little we got from them. Now they are off, having been two of the 5 or 6 highest paid players at the club from what we are led to believe. 

I so genuinely hope this is the end of the recruitment nonsense and we can improve it from here. 

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

Not important enough for us to win it. He also hit the underside of the stand roof at least twice from inside the box last season! 

Important enough for us to get to the final ffs!

Think it's a great bit of business to get a fee for Clare... he is not suited for the Scottish game.  Would prefer if Washington stays.

6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Sorry to see both Clare and Washington go but understand the club has to cut it's cloth accordingly. Decent additions and a few more get rids and we should be alright. Tricky getting players to play a truncated season I'd imagine but we're Hearts and that should be enough for some. In Robbie I trust

I have not read the whole thread obviously or I would'nt be asking but have these two actually been told they can leave the club and have they signed for other clubs.

I saw it reported that Oxford Utd were interested in Clare but other than that nothing?

Nothing on the Hearts website about this. Is it just paper talk or genuine?

6 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Would be surprised if Warnock doesn’t try to get Damour. Rates the guy very highly.

Its weird that, isnt it. Warnock very successful at English championship level, but i cant for the life of me work out what he gets from Damour

12 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

We need to look at the bigger picture here, it's OK building a team/squad to get us back to the premiership however Garuccio, Wighton and Uche aren't good enough for the premiership which means building a team for championship then trying to move players on next season again and rebuilding again. 

All three were badly affected by injury last season. I am happy to reserve judgement until we see how they perform this season. We will struggle to attract better players until promotion is assured.

6 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Would be surprised if Warnock doesn’t try to get Damour. Rates the guy very highly.

He obviously didn't rate him that highly as he hardly ever played him. Having said that though I would be delighted if he came in for him.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Heard we got back what we paid for him.  Don’t know if true or not. 

He was a free agent was he not? As such we wouldn’t have paid any fee for him.

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

He was coming  back from a long term injury when he signed and thrown in too quickly, same story for a few others too. 

He wasn't fit enough initially and was played all over the place which didn't help him settle. 

We saw under Stendel what a good player be can be if managed correctly. 

I championed him for as long as I could. His performances did improve, but they really couldn't get any worse!

Oxford Utd is his standard. He won't be shouted at from the stands, so he wont be frightened to touch the ball. 

In a nut-shell, he wasn't good enough to play for Hearts.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm old school and been a regular since 1964. 

Played at a decent level until the late 1970s.

What the feck is a '10' ? Is it the same as 'in the hole'.

Also. What is a 'false number 9' ? 

Agree with the rest of your post, jamboj. 

Yeah, a 10 is the same as 'in the hole'. Generally a second striker, played behind a traditional centre forward. Often the middle of the three in a 4-2-3-1 formation. 

Vlad the impaler

Here’s hoping we’ve had the foresight to put a sell on clause into the 3 deals. Clubs making as much money on them

now as initial fees

john thomas
2 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

I championed him for as long as I could. His performances did improve, but they really couldn't get any worse!

Oxford Utd is his standard. He won't be shouted at from the stands, so he wont be frightened to touch the ball. 

In a nut-shell, he wasn't good enough to play for Hearts.

More a comment on our fans than Clare's ability

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He was a free agent was he not? As such we wouldn’t have paid any fee for him.

Sheffield Wednesday had offered a contract, which he rejected. Therefore we were due them a development fee.

Edited by DC_92

4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

More a comment on our fans than Clare's ability

Not for me. He wasn't good enough.

It's a perfectly legitimate charge.

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I agree. 

Given the proper supply Boyce and Hemmings could both rattle in 20+ each as well as stick it up the Lochend Cockends. 

I was just thinking the same. Well said 

Austin MacGlee
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Guys, we are in the championship.. we will want as few players earning north of £5k per week as possible. 

CUTS are the priority - not fees.

Correct.

We need to sort out the wage mess left by Levein. Some of the contracts dished out to dross like Damour is nothing short of scandalous.

Thank God Robbie and JJ are competent!

Rick Sanchez

Gordon/Zlamal

O'Donnell/Brandon

Halkett/Hamilton

Souttar/Berra

Garuccio/White or New Signing

Haring/New Signing

Halliday/Irving

Frear/New Signing

Naismith/Walker

Jones/Moore

Boyce/Hemmings

Would skoosh the Championship and wouldn’t be too crazy on wages. 

Punt the rest.

Edited by Rick Sanchez
Added Jordan Jones.

4 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Correct.

We need to sort out the wage mess left by Levein. Some of the contracts dished out to dross like Damour is nothing short of scandalous.

Problem is it will be the better players who leave and the dross on long contracts we are left with!

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

👍 cheers mate.

I agree. Clare is not a 10.

what is he, he can’t defend - he isn’t a right back. Wing back in a midfield 5. ?

Moore did well in a couple of games earlier in the year but I don't think he has what it takes, even for the Championship. I'd be worried if he's a starter for us this season.

rudi must stay

It appears to me that youth will be the way this season. Look at all the transfer activity in the top league, and we've barely signed anyone 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

what is he, he can’t defend - he isn’t a right back. Wing back in a midfield 5. ?

Defensive mid was where he looked best. 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Moore did well in a couple of games earlier in the year but I don't think he has what it takes, even for the Championship. I'd be worried if he's a starter for us this season.

Set up a goal v Rangers. Wouldn't write him off 

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Set up a goal v Rangers. Wouldn't write him off 

Yeh I am in the moore to kick on camp this season.

Glamorgan Jambo
29 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He obviously didn't rate him that highly as he hardly ever played him. Having said that though I would be delighted if he came in for him.

He played him a lot in the championship. Especially his first season where he steadied Cardiff from being relegation fodder to play off candidates.

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aye wing back in a 5 or right of a 3 in 4-2-3-1

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm old school and been a regular since 1964. 

Played at a decent level until the late 1970s.

What the feck is a '10' ? Is it the same as 'in the hole'.

Also. What is a 'false number 9' ? 

Agree with the rest of your post, jamboj. 

A False 9 is a striker who drops deep into the midfield to get onto the ball and drive forward. They'll pass and move with some help from playmaking midfielders. Usually you'd play a false 9 along with a traditional number 9 poacher/goalscorer and Naismith has kind of done the false 9 thing for us, but we haven't had a poacher/goalscorer. 

A number 10 is an attacking midfielder who as you say sits "in the hole" between the midfield and strikers.

kingantti1874

Who else do we think (hope) will go

Doyle 🤞🏻 

Damour 🤞🏻
Wighton 🤞🏻 

I think we will keep Uche, not the greatest on the world but will cause mayhem for the majority of championship defences.

i think we will likely lose Smith, hope not but I think he will go.. 

Aidy white, clearly a good player when he can get a run of games, don’t think he will ever get a run of games. I’d release 

Calum Morrison - think I am one of his few fans, not a world beater for sure but I always thought we were a better, more balanced  side with him in it..

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It appears to me that youth will be the way this season. Look at all the transfer activity in the top league, and we've barely signed anyone 

Defensive mid was where he looked best. 

I would not read too much into the Premiership signing players, they started last weekend so teams needed to replace players in time. The lower leagues dont start till mid October so plenty time to find players. I do think we will be limited with the number of players we sign, Neilson has talked about only 3 players (2 wingers and a Centre midfielder) and to be honest, apart from a striker if Uche, Wighton and Washington leave, I cant see where else we would sign players.

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

This is also true. We certainly mugged off Atalanta with that sale.

I also agree that we need to get our wage bill down but we can’t just tear up contracts and get players to leave. Sell the ones that we can get a fee for and bully the others in to leaving or try and legally drop their wages.

Every time I hear the mere mention of the name Damour, I physically want to vomit. Never again should we follow the mantra of signing players and throwing money about like confetti like the previous incumbent who has single handedly been responsible for wasting millions. 

All Hearts players had relegation clauses in their contracts , confirmed by AB around the same time she said she wasn’t worried about it (turn of the year), those could include escape clauses and I would imagine reduced wages for the championship, like others have said I’m not overly worried about who leaves , Robbie has a while to find replacements and get the team gelling , even Damour should be able to shine in the Championship ,surely 😀😀?????

17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Doyle 🤞🏻 

Damour 🤞🏻
Wighton 🤞🏻 

I think we will keep Uche, not the greatest on the world but will cause mayhem for the majority of championship defences.

Aidy white, clearly a good player when he can get a run of games, don’t think he will ever get a run of games. I’d release 

Calum Morrison - think I am one of his few fans, not a world beater for sure but I always thought we were a better, more balanced  side with him in it..

Have you ever seen CM get to the bye line and deliver because I haven't! Continually checked his run rather than get to the line and rolled it back for Michael Smith to put it in, usually poorly and from an area that is much easier to defend. 

Edited by bobskeldon

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Get off your high horse. Everyone knows our squad is not good enough. They need to moved on where possible. Nowhere did I say they need to be emptied tomorrow. Any opportunity to rid ourselves of the least talented bunch of footballers I have ever witnessed, should be taken.

We agree on that, but you can’t just get rid of players on good money if they won’t go, at a time when there’s thousands of players at the same level without a club. If that’s the case then Neilson will need to utilise them in a league that was already crap before they lost a huge chunk of their income. Thankfully we have another one out the door today with Washington away to Charlton, unfortunately we might need to wait until guys like Garuccio and White are out of contract next summer to get an upgrade at LB, in the meantime they should be ok in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

Have you ever seen CM get to the bye line and deliver because I haven't! Continually checked his run rather than get to the line and rolled it back for Michael Smith to put it in, usually poorly and from an area that is much easier to defend. 

I remember a Scottish cup tie against livvy where vanacek made his debut and every cross Morrison put in were over hit. 

Always looks threatening on the ball when going forward

44 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Correct.

That's right: they never signed dross when manager.  Oh wait....

Edited by JamboAl

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

You would like to think that could be coached but there hasn't been a lot of that in recent years.

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

I remember a Scottish cup tie against livvy where vanacek made his debut and every cross Morrison put in were over hit. 

Always looks threatening on the ball when going forward

Looks like the roadrunner lol.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Yes when he first broke into the team when Smith wasn’t there he crossed it most times. As I used to sit in row 5 of the new stand I witnessed first hand how Smith would shout for the ball off CM, making him turn back. Smith would then be closed down and pass it back himself, then it’s hoofed. hardly anyone criticised Smith for passing it back or crossing it to the one or two bodies in the box. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Also interesting from his Wiki is he was a youth player at Rangers (did not know that) and he made his first league appearance for them in the lower division coming on as a substitute for Lee McCulloch - expected soon to be assistant.

What I remember was that genius McCoist saying he wasn’t good enough for them when they were in League 1 and he went to Cowdenbeath in the league above and scored over 30 goals. I think he scored a hat trick against the Pars in the playoff at East End park to keep them up. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Barack said:

I'm still not convinced Lee will start the season in all honesty. 

Yeah, I would agree, if others are trying to leave, I cant see why he suddenly will want to play in the Championship.

45 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

He played him a lot in the championship. Especially his first season where he steadied Cardiff from being relegation fodder to play off candidates.

Did he. I only really saw them on TV when they were in the Premiership and he hardly featured then.

Rick Sanchez
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

I think everyone has. Surely to God he'll get a run of games? If not, we might as well punt him too...

It would be an ideal opportunity for him to get a run of games, although he couldn't break into the Dunfermline team.

Praying Haring holds up but he may need to be rested every once in a while.

34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Doyle 🤞🏻 

Damour 🤞🏻
Wighton 🤞🏻 

Get rid of those 3 and it's an excellent pre-season too in terms of punting. With the Hickey, Clare and Washington sale we should make just less than 2 mill in sales, along with 2 bigger wages off the books. Great business. 

We don't need these players to win this tinpot league this year, our current lot and a couple of wingers should do it under decent management.