Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Quality. 

Folk are going to lose their shit, till he starts banging them in :) 

I've wanted us to sign  him since he left Forrest. 

You can't think like that, it offends folk. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Having Boyce and Naismith should be more than enough for the Championship (although I consider myself on the cautious side and don’t think we’ll perform anywhere near the level that we did last time). I’d like to see someone come in as backup but Cummings for one will not want to be backup and seems an unnecessary disruption potential.

We'll need more than 2 strikers. 

Uche and Wighton away, 1 in would make sense. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Where is Wighton away to? 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Mr Cumdog has the winning goal in the Scottish cup semi written all over him. 

Edited by GinRummy

Tennant's  6's
Just now, GinRummy said:

The beginning of karma working for us..

It's the kind of thing that you could almost seen happening 

Just now, Tennant's 6's said:

The beginning of karma working for us..

It's the kind of thing that you could almost seen happening 

We’ve had a chunk of **** you type fate but it’ll turn for us. 👍

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed. But having it be Cummings seems an unnecessary expense and potential risk. There will be many options for signing or loaning that would be willing to be backup or part time for little cost that ‘could do a job’.

Captain Canada

It's very generous calling Wighton a striker - 13 goals in 126 appearances. 

As a comparison, Halkett has 18 in 156 games. 

I'd like to see us sign a striker who can head the ball well and wants to attack crosses into the box.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Agreed. But having it be Cummings seems an unnecessary expense and potential risk. There will be many options for signing or loaning that would be willing to be backup or part time for little cost that ‘could do a job’.

But Cummings has already done a job in the championship and has said he wants to play for us. I get he’s a bit of a bam but worth the risk imo. 

5 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

What goes around comes around. Your obsecion with me and my posts are quite something. 

Yet you continue to ask him for updates. You’re just a weirdo who likes to think he’s ITK when in truth you don’t have a clue.

Wighton's Championship level so might as well hold on to him. He scored a few for Arbroath in the handful of games he played before lockdown, and if crowds are going to be reduced then that's even better for him. 

Edited by kila

6 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Yet you continue to ask him for updates. You’re just a weirdo who likes to think he’s ITK when in truth you don’t have a clue.

Just to see if he comes back with any other pish. I don't think I'm ITK however whatever you think pal. 

12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Just to see if he comes back with any other pish. I don't think I'm ITK however whatever you think pal. 

Heard any rumours? You have called a few things right. 

Edited by GinRummy

BackOfTheNet
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

But Cummings has already done a job in the championship and has said he wants to play for us. I get he’s a bit of a bam but worth the risk imo. 

As backup to Boyce and Naismith? Wages and potential fees that could be reserved for next season’s Premiership season (presuming promotion is a given as everyone says it is). If we were talking about a commanding box to box midfielder we’ve been screaming out for I’d be willing to let bammery slide but bringing someone like him who (as stated previously) has not been prolific for 3 years so and we have no idea if he’s still capable of doing it or not as 3rd choice forward just seems wholly unnecessary.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As backup to Boyce and Naismith? Wages and potential fees that could be reserved for next season’s Premiership season (presuming promotion is a given as everyone says it is). If we were talking about a commanding box to box midfielder we’ve been screaming out for I’d be willing to let bammery slide but bringing someone like him who (as stated previously) has not been prolific for 3 years so and we have no idea if he’s still capable of doing it or not as 3rd choice forward just seems wholly unnecessary.

Fair enough points. Extra credit for using the word bammery. I’m not desperate for him to sign but it’s been proven to be his level and I think he’d score goals. I do agree there are more important positions to fill though. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I've not, I just pass on whatever I hear whether it's right on wrong. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He contracted for another year. Doubt we’ll pay a fee for him

Naismith and Boyce starters for this coming season. That's a given. But Ive yet to see anyone on here mention the other 2 or 3 strikers we will undoubtedly need for when they both get injured/suspended (just look at last season for the stats). With Washington gone and Uche looking like he's going who is coming in?

Ainsley Harriott

Is the Cummings to hearts thing being reported by any media sources? Could it just be someone hearing it from a taxi driver?

I'd be delighted if we sign Cummings. Definitely need another striker in the squad with Uche going. 

The other player I would like to see us re-sign is Billy King. He's a similar age to Cummings and was a big part of the Hearts team that won the Championship, with pretty decent stats for goals and assists as I recall.

Can't see Robbie signing him given that if memory serves he moved him on from both Hearts and United. But he fits the bill of what he's looking for in a fast direct winger. Younger and in my opinion better than Frear.

Like Cummings he hasn't exactly set the heather on fire in the last few years and is currently at St Patrick's (I think) although possibly out of contract with them.

I know I'll get pelters for suggesting signing another ex-Hearts player. But the case I would make for him is that since he left none of his replacements have performed as well as he did eg Zanatta, Mulraney, Morrison, etc.

I always rated him more highly than Nicholson because he had a better end product and looked to cross more than shoot. Never felt he got a fair crack at Hearts when we got promoted.

His confidence may be shot but I don't think he's had any major injury. Would love to see him get the chance to prove himself even just to give him a week or two of training as they did with Frear.

Finlay James
3 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I'd be delighted if we sign Cummings. Definitely need another striker in the squad with Uche going. 

The other player I would like to see us re-sign is Billy King. He's a similar age to Cummings and was a big part of the Hearts team that won the Championship, with pretty decent stats for goals and assists as I recall.

Can't see Robbie signing him given that if memory serves he moved him on from both Hearts and United. But he fits the bill of what he's looking for in a fast direct winger. Younger and in my opinion better than Frear.

Like Cummings he hasn't exactly set the heather on fire in the last few years and is currently at St Patrick's (I think) although possibly out of contract with them.

I know I'll get pelters for suggesting signing another ex-Hearts player. But the case I would make for him is that since he left none of his replacements have performed as well as he did eg Zanatta, Mulraney, Morrison, etc.

I always rated him more highly than Nicholson because he had a better end product and looked to cross more than shoot. Never felt he got a fair crack at Hearts when we got promoted.

His confidence may be shot but I don't think he's had any major injury. Would love to see him get the chance to prove himself even just to give him a week or two of training as they did with Frear.

Hi Billy 👋

22 minutes ago, Jambogally said:

Screenshot_20200815_210355_com.instagram.android.jpg

😂😂 Hello sir.. sounds like a dodgy spam email where he offers his russian war chest.

Keep us updated with the chat!! 

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Rick Sanchez

That conversation was on the 8th...way before his whole 'IYKYK' chat with a maroon napkin.

Looks like a potential goer...who was ITK with this? Sure someone was.

BackOfTheNet
46 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

My stance on your first paragraph is documented so you were already onto a loss and then I saw the first line of your second paragraph and stopped reading. You’re either on the wind up or just one of these fans that can’t see past former players when it comes to new signing possibilities. Very peculiar behaviour.

See Lyon are now interested in Hickey and we've apparently not accepted a bid for him yet. Hopefully a bidding war will start soon.

kingantti1874

Jason Cummings is one of our own, you just ****ing know if he sighed he’d score against the hibees..

he’s a dick, but if he’s our dick I’m fine with it .

Hopefully we see a striker coming in , who is more than just championship quality, we need to building for the following season now.Been good to see RN moving along a lot of the squad players 

As others have said not a fan of Jason Cummings personality and the baggage that could potentially come with that, However tbf he knows how to bang them in at scottish championship level and we all know that deep down he is one of us, despite him ramming it up us a few times.

I for one am on board with this even for just the absolute seethe that it would give to the hibs fans, anything that winds them is fantastic.

P.s i would also take hemmings if uche is to leave too.

11 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

P.s i would also take hemmings if uche is to leave too.

Hemmings signed for Burton.

If Cummings was to come we would be very unlikely to pay a fee would need him to be released or loaned, elsewhere, Frear deal should get over the line soon, Issue for most clubs us included is due to the pandemic clubs are not looking to offer longer term deals, whereas players are now looking for longer deals to have security and not have worries next year if there’s still issues around the virus etc.  Some happier to accept lower terms elsewhere but have a longer contract length which can both go against us but could also work in our favour.

BackOfTheNet

If Cummings is to cost anything in fees and/or be on anything other than a squad player’s wages (as in not first team level) then we should move on. Needless signing in that regard. Not proven at all at Premiership level and we should only be paying fees and decent wages to those we know can do it we get promotion. I do however feel if Ikpeazu leaves we need more depth in the striking department. Roberts is said to be someone who can play there too and maybe for Championship that’ll be fine, along with some younger players like Henderson or McDonald. But if we do bring someone in we’ll be able to do so without fees and in on lower wages that Cummings would demand who’d be able to be decent level of backup. We’d be looking for a Keatings style signing (not him obviously), no need for the unnecessary wage or fee expenditure and unnecessary behavioural risk of Cummings at this time. It’s not a must fill position.

11 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What's wrong with Hendo, Irving and Mcdonald 

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

What's wrong with Hendo, Irving and Mcdonald 

Nothing, other than they’re still fledgling. And if you look above your post you’ll see I even mention Henderson and McDonald as a little depth to the forward positions. If you’re referring to my box to box comment I’m talking about a Cameron/Hartley type, if you’re saying Irving is that I’m less than convinced, but I do see his potential, not in that role though. You’ve quoted my comment saying the only time we should even consider a bampot like Cummings (and paying his wage demands) would be if he could play in a position needed rather than just fine in as back up to what we already have. So not sure the point of your comment unless you missed the point of mine?

Finlay James

Hickey leaves and Cummings signs.

Cummings takes Hickey's number 51 squad number.

Cummings scores the 3rd in a 3-0 win in the semi final v the wee team and celebrates in front of the vermin with a lovely 🤚☝️

Tears and snotters galore 🇱🇻❤️

apparently before Cummings move to shrewsbury his agent had a meeting about a possible easter road return. Dempster told him he'd never play for the club (hibs) again.

that and being a boyhood hearts fans, i think he'd be keen should opportunity ever arise. For some reason i could just see it work

NaturalOrder74
28 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Hickey leaves and Cummings signs.

Cummings takes Hickey's number 51 squad number.

Cummings scores the 3rd in a 3-0 win in the semi final v the wee team and celebrates in front of the vermin with a lovely 🤚☝️

Tears and snotters galore 🇱🇻❤️

I’ll leave at half time if we’re only 3-0 up by then tbh