Black Lives Matter Protest.

Ainsley Harriott

John Findlay

The problem in the USA, is the very easy access to firearms for all. Left wing, right wing, centre, White supremacists, BLM, whoever, all have access to them and they all use them. The bottom line is they are all in the wrong, none of them are right. They are all as bad as each other. If someone comes along and starts talking sense, then they shoot them. Plain truth is it was a country born on violence from the start and it has been perpetuated by the film industry from the start. To many Ameticans cannot tell the difference between art and real life, because they are very badly educated. Americans may not like reading this but, it's the truth.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• The Real Maroonblood

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

The problem in the USA, is the very easy access to firearms for all. Left wing, right wing, centre, White supremacists, BLM, whoever, all have access to them and they all use them. The bottom line is they are all in the wrong, none of them are right. They are all as bad as each other. If someone comes along and starts talking sense, then they shoot them. Plain truth is it was a country born on violence from the start and it has been perpetuated by the film industry from the start. To many Ameticans cannot tell the difference between art and real life, because they are very badly educated. Americans may not like reading this but, it's the truth.

You reap what you sow. You allow civilians to carry various weapons then wonder why they use them to kill or protect themselves. 
Weapons of some sort will always be used even with strict laws and policing but lax laws is a recipe for trouble. 

Sometimes you read something and you get a wee itch at the back of your neck that the problem is not isolated. At the time of the Minneapolis shooting of George Floyd I got the wee itch. It then transpired that policemen in that department had as many as eighteen disciplinary charges and were still employed. I opined then that it indicated to me a shortage of discipline, policy and control and general management deficiencies. I thought it was only that department but now it seems the police as a whole are controlled by some influence other than their Force managers. 

This has provided me with a new itch. The President has been swift to either involve Federal personnel or make the offer. In this recent occasion he offered the National Guard. He introduced a military style uniformed group in Portland That wee tic at the back of my neck now has me wondering, has Donny given up hope of winning the election, and when he does will he with the aid of anti  BLM people create an environment and response of extreme strength which will be dealt with by camouflage wearing personnel, carrying long weapons, tear gas, and other pseudo protective  equipment so that when the loss of the election is announced he will refuse to leave office complaining it has been rigged and fill the streets against any protest with the same camouflaged  goons he is using where he can now. It is not quite yet but will soon become a state of normalcy.

I now nominate myself a complete member of the conspiracy group.

Edited by Sharpie

I have so many questions?

Why did a 17 year old laddie deem it his duty to defend properties with an automatic rifle?

Why was he being chased?

Why are folk chasing someone clearly carrying a weapon?

Why did the police not immediately apprehend him?

Why can't some Americans realise that the problem of guns is not having more and bigger guns?

William H. Bonney
45 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Why did a 17 year old laddie deem it his duty to defend properties with an automatic rifle?

Why was he being chased?

Why can't some Americans realise that the problem of guns is not having more and bigger guns?

The answer to all those questions is they are American .

Americans are ****ing dumb. 

49 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

The cult of police and law and order worship in the US, coupled with a strong belief in many quarters that property actually holds greater value than human life.

Mix that with rhetoric that America is "under attack" (something that's been going in right wing talk radio and media more broadly for decades now) and this is what you get.

50 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Why was he being chased?

My understanding is he'd already shot someone. The police did nothing—he was able to shoot two more people, killing one, then leave and drive back to Illinois. So people took matters into their own hands to try to protect themselves.

52 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Same as above

53 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Because they exist to protect property, not people. They were giving him water and thanking him for being there prior to him shooting three people and killing two.

54 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

There are places with healthy gun cultures. Switzerland comes to mind.

9 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

The answer to all those questions is they are American .

Americans are ****ing dumb. 

This is the answer to that last question, at least.

image.png.2f4b832db9a0518013cc8a11d45e7427.png

Peaceful Arsonists, peaceful thugs, peaceful hooligans.

It's all peaceful, well mostly.

CNN the definitive and authorised purveyors of Fake News, mostly.

Edited by alfajambo

4 minutes ago, Gone said:

2020 will end with civil war in the states. An absolute shambles!

Morbid, but we could really see a presidential assassination attempt

I’d say Biden is probably more at risk. 

15 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

image.png.2f4b832db9a0518013cc8a11d45e7427.png

Peaceful Arsonists, peaceful thugs, peaceful hooligans.

It's all peaceful, well mostly.

CNN the definitive and authorised purveyors of Fake News, mostly.

Dizzying spin . . . by you.

Here's a map of Portland, inset, and where what chaos occurred, was:

Listening to Trump or his cronies, the entire city was burning down and DUH LIBRULZ WON'T DO ANYTHING. I'll be curious if similar maps for Kenosha are produced.

Meanwhile, the way news is actually reported across the media remains a major problem:

118539220_5079208915423379_972088200830641713_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=LW1OcyX_aYcAX8dx6f6&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-1.fna&oh=fafccadef82258a8c5a34dfd9b455fdf&oe=5F6C1F29

9 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Meanwhile, the way news is actually reported across the media remains a major problem:

I absolutely agree with you.

The standard of reporting and journalism from across the spectrum is very often reprehensible.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I’d say Biden is probably more at risk. 

If Trump loses the election, the Secret Service will need to step up the security on Biden. The Trump cultists will be outraged.  

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Gone said:

Probably only in cities run by the democrats. 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Gone said:

🤞

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Probably only in cities run by the democrats. 

Those are certainly the ones Trump has indicated he will put in his sights, yes.

10 hours ago, Justin Z said:

The cult of police and law and order worship in the US, coupled with a strong belief in many quarters that property actually holds greater value than human life.

Mix that with rhetoric that America is "under attack" (something that's been going in right wing talk radio and media more broadly for decades now) and this is what you get.

My understanding is he'd already shot someone. The police did nothing—he was able to shoot two more people, killing one, then leave and drive back to Illinois. So people took matters into their own hands to try to protect themselves.

Same as above

Because they exist to protect property, not people. They were giving him water and thanking him for being there prior to him shooting three people and killing two.

There are places with healthy gun cultures. Switzerland comes to mind.

This is the answer to that last question, at least.

Switzerland eat dogs and Toblerone . So don't be using them as as good examples for anything. 

7 hours ago, alfajambo said:

I absolutely agree with you.

The standard of reporting and journalism from across the spectrum is very often reprehensible.

:munny:

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Switzerland eat dogs and Toblerone . So don't be using them as as good examples for anything. 

Wait...Switzerland eat dogs???

Really?

15 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Wait...Switzerland eat dogs???

Really?

Yip! And Cats. 

Edited by ri Alban

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yip! And Cats. 

Source ri,  had veal there in 1974 on a school trip, no dugs or cats.

Edited by Harry Potter

The Internet

In some parts of the world they eat lambs and ducks 

Marthalamb1_285263492_457355851-2-920x77

:sob:

Rumours that cows and pigs are slaughtered routinely for human consumption too. 

11 hours ago, King prawn said:

What an absolute basket case of a country. 

Apropos of nothing - "basket case" is an Americanism originating from WW1 meaning a soldier who had lost all their limbs and had to be carried in a basket. How it came by its current meaning is anyone's guess.

highlandjambo3
23 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Why was he being chased?

Hi,

Not being picky or trying to score points but, just for info:

I believe that civilians in America cannot own or buy an automatic weapon, they can however buy a semi automatic weapon I.e one that reloads after every shot but cannot fire a burst of rounds.  These weapons are identical to their military counterparts I.e. M16 (or AR15 which is the Chinese equivalent), and to look at them you would not notice any difference.  Of course with the semi automatic rifle you can fire as quickly as you can pull the trigger.......so much the same difference......I suppose the rifle associations and government agreed to this limitation to avoid a lot people getting shot every day.....Oh wait 

I did read somewhere that the average number of Americans shot and killed DAILY is 40, it only ever makes the headlines if there is a mass shooting though, 40 individual deaths spread over the whole country is basically accepted.

Edited by highlandjambo3

57 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Hi,

Not being picky or trying to score points but, just for info:

I believe that civilians in America cannot own or buy an automatic weapon, they can however buy a semi automatic weapon I.e one that reloads after every shot but cannot fire a burst of rounds.  These weapons are identical to their military counterparts I.e. M16 (or AR15 which is the Chinese equivalent), and to look at them you would not notice any difference.  Of course with the semi automatic rifle you can fire as quickly as you can pull the trigger.......so much the same difference......I suppose the rifle associations and government agreed to this limitation to avoid a lot people getting shot every day.....Oh wait 

I did read somewhere that the average number of Americans shot and killed DAILY is 40, it only ever makes the headlines if there is a mass shooting though, 40 individual deaths spread over the whole country is basically accepted.

I'm not sure if it was either a fully automatic or a semi automatic rifle, I heard it described as a "Long Rifle" I took it from that that it was a Bolt Action Haunting Rife?

Semi Automatic rifles are also legal in the UK but in rimfire calibers only, as are semi automatic shotguns (not in .22 obviously)

Just now, Cade said:

skynews-kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-gunman_

Doesn't look like a bolt action hunting rifle to me

I didn't say it was, I said i heard it was on the news, that clearly isn't.

AlphonseCapone
14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Who doesn't like Toblerone :24_shocked:

7 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Can you not eat your cat or dog here if you own it? 

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Who doesn't like Toblerone :24_shocked:

Do you know why Toblerone is the shape it is?

Quite embarrassing listening to the gun nuts playing soldier. 

Taking it upon themselves to involve themselves in something so they get an excuse to whip out their guns and show everyone what a man they are. Fat ****ing idiots. 

What happens now when protesters start bringing guns for 'self defence'? 

Giving 300 million virtually unfettered access to firearms. ****ing genius move lads. 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm not sure if it was either a fully automatic or a semi automatic rifle, I heard it described as a "Long Rifle" I took it from that that it was a Bolt Action Haunting Rife?

Semi Automatic rifles are also legal in the UK but in rimfire calibers only, as are semi automatic shotguns (not in .22 obviously)

As I said, if it was fully automatic then it was an illegal weapon, semi auto only for the nut jobs.

AlphonseCapone
31 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Do you know why Toblerone is the shape it is?

To look like mountains? 

8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

As I said, if it was fully automatic then it was an illegal weapon, semi auto only for the nut jobs.

You're close, there is actually a permit scheme for fully automatic and other highly regulated weapons enacted by the National Firearms Act of 1934. It's very complicated. It was enacted because of gangsters having automatic weapons in the 1930s, during alcohol prohibition. The St Valentine's Day Massacre in 1929 was one of the incidents that spurred the passage of the act.

I do not believe the gun the murderer was carrying was an "NFA item".

Incidentally, the current line being trotted out by the conservatives celebrating this murderer are that he was there to clean graffiti (with his bucket, mop, and assault rifle, apparently), and that he was attacked by "rioters". He thus defended himself. They conveniently leave out the fact that people were trying to neutralize him because he'd already shot someone in the face, and the police were doing nothing to stop him from shooting more people, which he successfully did.

Even I didn't think it was possible for these people to stoop this low, and yet here we are.

Edited by Justin Z

Meanwhile the paralysed man in hospital has his handcuffs taken off in the last hour, and the teenage shooter has his hearing put off for a month. 

well, that’s going to calm things down. 

BLM is definitely good for Trump. He can paint them as violent thugs, leftists and anarchists and wed them to Biden and Democrats to scare moderate white suburban voters that probably know he's a clown but can be swayed with fear. It could work for Trump to nudge him back up to that 45% level that means he wins again, married to the voter suppression to quash any larger black mail ballot turnout.