Black Lives Matter Protest.

Ainsley Harriott

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Justin Z said:

even more tragic than the attempt in this thread to point to that fringe, mental behaviour as if it's typical of the whole group.

What, like pointing to rogue police officers'behaviour as if it's typical of the whole group?

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

What drug dealing murderers? 

The ones that sell drugs and murder folk.

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Aaah, the black lives matter thread, where British and Scottish fanatics come together in their hatred of all things brown.

Folk are well within their rights to hate all things brown tbf.

51 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Nationalism is the hotbed of racism bud. 

Agreed.

51 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Defending the shooting of unarmed black people is racist whatever flag you're shagging.

You could re-word that as "Defending the shooting of unarmed people is arsehole behaviour whatever flag you're shagging."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• The Real Maroonblood

40 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

What, like pointing to rogue police officers'behaviour as if it's typical of the whole group?

This 100%🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Aaah, the black lives matter thread, where British and Scottish fanatics come together in their hatred of all things brown.

It always amuses me that the woke virtue signalling sanctimonious arseholes are always the 1st to bring skin colour into any conversation. 

23 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

It always amuses me that the woke virtue signalling sanctimonious arseholes are always the 1st to bring skin colour into any conversation. 

It always amuses me that thick ***** use the term virtual signalling.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I haven’t seen anyone defending that. Nobody could fail to be appalled by the shootings and George Floyds murder unless you’re really ill in the head. 

That’s because there isn’t anyone defending it. The horrific murder of George Floyd and the needless shooting of Jacob Blake could both have been easily avoided with better policing, end of. There is no proof whatsoever that either were racially motivated. 

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:spoton:

9 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

It always amuses me that thick ***** use the term virtual signalling.

Glad I could bring some light hearted amusement to your moral crusade 

1 minute ago, JimKongUno said:

Glad I could bring some light hearted amusement to your moral crusade 

My moral crusades were the Miners strike, anti Apartheid and stop the poll tax in no particular order. Your moral crusade IS accusing people on a football forum of being virtual signallers. 

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Bruh. The entire idea that it's "rogue police officers" has been put paid to on a daily basis since these protests began, as departments across the country use weapons banned in warfare against peaceful protesters—gassing groups of mums in some places, ffs—not that it wasn't entirely before that. And that's without even getting into anything structural or race-related.

It's been done to death on this thread alone. Your response kind of reminds me of the creationist argument that transitional fossils aren't evidence of evolution, they're just two different "kinds" of animal or plant or whatever—and then when another transitional fossil is discovered between two existing ones, it's still "but they're distinct species." And on and on it goes, the fingers remain in the ears, the la la la's continue, and people can continue to engage motivated reasoning and pretend there's any kind of equivalency being pointed out by your pithy question.

A civilian in Kenosha shoots 2 people killing 1 of them, he'd apparently shot and killed someone else earlier which is why the crowd were attacking him. Walked up to several police vehicles, weirdly they didn't shoot him, or even arrest him. Warning graphic content.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Bruh. The entire idea that it's "rogue police officers" has been put paid to on a daily basis since these protests began, as departments across the country use weapons banned in warfare against peaceful protesters—gassing groups of mums in some places, ffs—not that it wasn't entirely before that. And that's without even getting into anything structural or race-related.

It's been done to death on this thread alone. Your response kind of reminds me of the creationist argument that transitional fossils aren't evidence of evolution, they're just two different "kinds" of animal or plant or whatever—and then when another transitional fossil is discovered between two existing ones, it's still "but they're distinct species." And on and on it goes, the fingers remain in the ears, the la la la's continue, and people can continue to engage motivated reasoning and pretend there's any kind of equivalency being pointed out by your pithy question.

I was only highlighting the perils of sweeping generalisation, JZ. 

I just find it difficult to accept that the entire US law enforcement infrastructure is effectively some form of Sturmabteilung engaged in a perpetual 

Murderous Kristallnacht against anyone who isn't white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant. Maybe it is. **** knows, I don't live there, but from my relatively uneducated view from the other side of the Atlantic it appears that societal problems in the US run far, far deeper than murderous paramilitary cops and disenfranchised rioting black people. The current impasse is merely another symptom of a fundamental structural inequality and the lasting physical and psychological legacies of colonialism and chattel slavery.

... and your creationist analogy was only mildy patronising by your own exceptional standards. :lol:👍

52 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

... and your creationist analogy was only mildy patronising by your own exceptional standards. :lol:👍

You should've seen the meme I considered posting. :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

I was only highlighting the perils of sweeping generalisation, JZ.

You were, but not "only". You were also talking shite, which you immediately "copped" to

from my relatively uneducated view from the other side of the Atlantic

Well exactly. But you're right, sweeping generalisation is bad...

I just find it difficult to accept that the entire US law enforcement infrastructure is effectively some form of Sturmabteilung engaged in a perpetual 

Murderous Kristallnacht against anyone who isn't white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant.

... and skepticism is good. Nothing wrong with finding it difficult to accept. But engaging in skepticism is not what people like Dawn are doing when they ignore the evidence put before them and refuse to consider even the idea that there might be a problem. Especially while wishing death in a fire on me, while bent cops watch instead of helping, before I ever get the chance to drink Scottish beer in Scotland again. That's just being a reactionary. That's fingers in ears, creationist-level stuff. It's beyond poor.

Anyway, I don't want to call police "equal opportunity" murderous Kristallnacht engagers, because they do maim and kill minorities at a rate greater than white people, but one of the funniest things to me about being called a wokescold or virtue signaller on this issue is that having seen what American police do to people with my own eyes, legally speaking and otherwise, and how those violations are protected in our system. A lot of my motivation is born out of self-preservation.

it appears that societal problems in the US run far, far deeper than murderous paramilitary cops and disenfranchised rioting black people. The current impasse is merely another symptom of a fundamental structural inequality and the lasting physical and psychological legacies of colonialism and chattel slavery.

Yes, exactly! It does. And when we're talking about armed actors of this problematic state that has many roots in just what you described—in slave patrols!—would it really come as such a surprise with a heritage like that, that they just might be that bad? Further proof for me is that we've known about organised white supremacist infiltration of law enforcement for almost a decade and a half—something I'd argue could have only occurred if there was a deep structural problem, ripe for exploitation.

For me, the solution is burning that giant pile of shit to the ground and coming up with something that actually benefits the citizenry. But it's not just a hard line like mine that gets pushback. Even the tiniest suggestion that maybe we need some reform is met with reactions like Dawn's the other night. The idea that maybe police departments investigating themselves has indeed turned out to be a total farce and citizen oversight is needed. The argument that qualified immunity, which is a legal protection that shields police from just about every rights violation imaginable, ought to be abolished. The fact that police unions sweep countless incidents of misconduct under the rug as part and parcel of their existence.

Or, taking issue with the assertion that it's just a few bad apple rogue cops, when there's the oft-cited study from the 90s that shows that 40% of police officers had complaints of domestic abuse reported against them (with how many more gone unreported?), for starters.

All of this is always met with screeching and namecalling instead of engagement. It's hardly unique to this forum. Nor is falsely equivocating "the perils of sweeping generalisation" with a good faith effort at assessing the available data. But they need to stop if something is going to be done to help the people this hurts the most.

Edited by Justin Z

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

You were, but not "only". You were also talking shite, which you immediately "copped" to. 

It would appear that I don't have a monopoly on that during this particular exchange. 

42 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Well exactly. But you're right, sweeping generalisation is bad...

... and skepticism is good. Nothing wrong with finding it difficult to accept. But engaging in skepticism is not what people like Dawn are doing when they ignore the evidence put before them and refuse to consider even the idea that there might be a problem. Especially while wishing death in a fire on me, while bent cops watch instead of helping, before I ever get the chance to drink Scottish beer in Scotland again. That's just being a reactionary. That's fingers in ears, creationist-level stuff. It's beyond poor.

Anyway, I don't want to call police "equal opportunity" murderous Kristallnacht engagers, because they do maim and kill minorities at a rate greater than white people, but one of the funniest things to me about being called a wokescold or virtue signaller on this issue is that having seen what American police do to people with my own eyes, legally speaking and otherwise, and how those violations are protected in our system. A lot of my motivation is born out of self-preservation.

Yes, exactly! It does. And when we're talking about armed actors of this problematic state that has many roots in just what you described—in slave patrols!—would it really come as such a surprise with a heritage like that, that they just might be that bad? Further proof for me is that we've known about organised white supremacist infiltration of law enforcement for almost a decade and a half—something I'd argue could have only occurred if there was a deep structural problem, ripe for exploitation.

For me, the solution is burning that giant pile of shit to the ground and coming up with something that actually benefits the citizenry. But it's not just a hard line like mine that gets pushback. Even the tiniest suggestion that maybe we need some reform is met with reactions like Dawn's the other night. The idea that maybe police departments investigating themselves has indeed turned out to be a total farce and citizen oversight is needed. The argument that qualified immunity, which is a legal protection that shields police from just about every rights violation imaginable, ought to be abolished. The fact that police unions sweep countless incidents of misconduct under the rug as part and parcel of their existence.

Or, taking issue with the assertion that it's just a few bad apple rogue cops, when there's the oft-cited study from the 90s that shows that 40% of police officers had complaints of domestic abuse reported against them (with how many more gone unreported?), for starters.

All of this is always met with screeching and namecalling instead of engagement. It's hardly unique to this forum. Nor is falsely equivocating "the perils of sweeping generalisation" with a good faith effort at assessing the available data. But they need to stop if something is going to be done to help the people this hurts the most.

f73.gif

46 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

You should've seen the meme I considered posting. :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

GIRFUY :D 👍

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

f73.gif

:lol: The most important bit was this:

So yeah, the answer is yes, it might be hard to imagine US police are that bad from across the Atlantic, but my view is they are, and my OP gave like 1% of the reason why I think that.

Also just want to be sure to be clear, the creationist analogy was never directed at you! Sorry if I offended.

Edit: Oh, and yes—

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It would appear that I don't have a monopoly on that during this particular exchange.

You never will when we're having a chat. EGDmCdR.gif

Edited by Justin Z

10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

f73.gif

GIRFUY :D 👍

:rofl:

I watched the news this morning about the turmoil in Wisconsin over the shooting of a black man. Police are alleged to haver driven past on more than one occasion the shooter a white man who was walking about openly carrying a long gun. There has been no more protagonist for the police than I, but I honestly find it difficult in the United States to give my support to police actions.  I have often told in an effort to be humorous our experience after Royal Visits to go on a Bye Law campaign against buckets without lids. As generally working class men we knew this was actually wrong, the purpose was not to keep the streets clean but to boost through the fines the budget which had been hit as a result of the Royal Visit. I see a similar situation in the United States, except that lives are at risk. I watched Trump peak to an audience of Police Union leaders, he said all the right things for their ears. I am aware that two guest at the Republican Convention are a couple who brandished firearms at protestors who they said were a threat to their lives and properties. I gain the impression that police are being directed not to Serve and Protect, but are being counselled to act with violence as necessary those who are perceived to be a threat to they and their future. I am sure there are many good men just like I myself when I obeyed orders to administer fines on ordinary people because to not do so would risk my own position. As in many things it is not they who speak aloud,  but those who fail to speak who are the problem.

I then become a conspiracy theorist, I m starting to believe that Trump has accepted the high possibility of an election loss, I also feel if not complicit in all the violence and disorder he is content to use it  to further his action in case of a loss to implement actions to refuse to step down and will be in his opinion forced to use martial law to maintain peace and order in a fatally flawed society.  The demonstrations have wandered from their original purpose, no longer anything to do with black or any other lives. White supremacists are using it to implement their actions, sadly many blacks are using it in their words to get reparations for previous cruel and criminal treatment, the problem is they are doing exactly the same criminal acts to gain justice, and that is wrong. The mob scenes, the violence ,deaths, criminal acts, police services that have lost their way, and use on occasions of unidentified law enforcement personnel all strike a similar chord to nations we seen in the 1930's, in South American dictatorships, and which no one like me who watched American movies, through the forties to today, and thought if people died and went to heaven it had to be in America, sadly that is not the direction I see the United States go without dramatic change in the near future.  

What is the cause of this mayhem, a total loss by both political parties what their duties really are and to whom. I would suggest that the whom are We The People.

10 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

What is the cause of this mayhem, a total loss by both political parties what their duties really are and to whom. I would suggest that the whom are We The People.

Cheers Bob, and as usual, you hit several nails square on the head, especially with this last bit.

Weakened Offender
8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The ones that sell drugs and murder folk.

Folk are well within their rights to hate all things brown tbf.

Agreed.

You could re-word that as "Defending the shooting of unarmed people is arsehole behaviour whatever flag you're shagging."

Check Mr Important 😁

3 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

A civilian in Kenosha shoots 2 people killing 1 of them, he'd apparently shot and killed someone else earlier which is why the crowd were attacking him. Walked up to several police vehicles, weirdly they didn't shoot him, or even arrest him. Warning graphic content.

Hard to believe that we're watching this but at least it makes a mockery of the "virtue signalling" wankers. Its ****ed up.

3 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Not weird at all, this has been the typical police reception of proud boys and white nationalists who infiltrate these protests.

Here's a sampling of the right wing stuff this guy might've been reading before he decided to do this, from a Facebook group with a "call to arms" event:

Image  Image

Image  Image

"I fully plan to kill looters and rioters tonight" – "When the shooting starts, make sure that somebody is sending a live feed", etc

@fancy a brew already pointed out the police left the shooter alone as he walked past them—after he'd shot someone. Earlier in the thread, one nameless poster openly mocked the very idea that protesters might feel the need to bring rifles to protect themselves. This was after one of them got shot and killed by a driver who'd already tried to run people over.

Now, the police have done nothing to stop this guy, even after he'd already shot someone. Because of that, he was able to shoot someone else.

Edited by Justin Z

There's now video of the Kenosha police giving water to and thanking racist militia, allegedly including the murderer.

https://twitter.com/savantifa/status/1298519920049680384

Many people have been saying this entire time that cops hew not just to the right, but to the racist, nationalist right. This isn't the first time they've been seen as chummy with literal Nazis.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Check Mr Important 😁

Well you appear to be. 👍

White militia guy arrested on various charges relating to him firing into the crowd of protesters.

At the time, the police simply allowed him to walk away.

He is 17 years old.

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Hard to believe that we're watching this but at least it makes a mockery of the "virtue signalling" wankers. Its ****ed up.

Something we can agree on. It's going to end in an almighty fecking bloodbath

Everyone needs to take a look at themselves. The polis, the politicians, the arseholes organising the 'protests', the arseholes going around looting and the arseholes encouraging the arseholes doing the looting. And the arseholes going around shooting the arseholes doing the looting. 

None of it is helping the situation. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

17 years old the shooter was. 

Black, white, Christian, Muslim, right wing, left wing, incel - changes often but what stays the same is the fact he's male. Another young man indoctrinated into violence. Doesn't get highlighted enough. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

EgXuYn0XoAATWtf?format=jpg&name=small

24 hours after this pair were given a starring role in Trump's re-election campaign a rifle welding kid kills and maims civilians.

You reap what you sow.

13 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

EgXuYn0XoAATWtf?format=jpg&name=small

24 hours after this pair were given a starring role in Trump's re-election campaign a rifle welding kid kills and maims civilians.

You reap what you sow.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/kenosha-gunman-kyle-rittenhouse-arrested-for-after-cops-let-him-flee-out-of-state/

Cell phone footage shows Kenosha police telling armed insurrectionists, “We appreciate you guys. We really do,” and giving them bottles of water. Shortly after this video was taken, one of these men shot and killed two protesters and wounded another.

. . .

Another video shows Rittenhouse open fire with a rifle after he fell to the ground and then calmly walk toward police vehicles with his hands raised in surrender. Other people can be heard yelling that he had shot someone.

However, no officers are seen getting out of the vehicles, which continue advancing toward protesters, to apprehend Rittenhouse — who then fled the state and was considered a fugitive.

Wisconsin Governor (democrat) has refused federal offers of assistance in Kenosha and says he has more than enough state police to deal with any flare ups.

Trump sends in his federal goon squad anyways.

Same guys that caused all the problems in Portland.

I'm sure this will calm things down. :whistling:

Edited by Cade

13 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Nationalism is the hotbed of racism bud. 

Globalism is what Stalin wanted. Globalism is what Hitler wanted. Globalism is what the fascist Chines want. Globalism is what those that back BLM want. Globalism is what those that back antifa want. 

I was brought up by clever people that had lived though, and fought in, the first and second world wars.

At the age of six I was taken to, and left in, the history section of the Fountainbridge library. From then on I spend a lot of time there.  

My father, even though mostly bed ridden because of the war for a lot of the time I knew him never talked about the war. One day three Australians turned up at the door. I was eight years old. Turned out my dad had saved them and they had come to see how he was doing. I listened to them for three days like a deer in the headlights. One of the Australians told me that because of what I was reading he thought I would appreciate a little nudge in the right direction and he was going to give me a list of three names. He told me they were monsters and that I should find out all I can about them. He told me to keep an eye out for the third because he will be one of the main people behind the next bunch of Nazis. I suggest you do the same as i did (have a look) and hopefully you have the ability to figure it out. The first name was Prescott Bush. He massively funded the Nazis and was the father of the shit that would become the head of the CIA who then became the President of the USA while having a son that became President of the USA. I was astonished that the Guardian published an article in 2004 that, all be it only brushed the surface, told the truth about him. Don't believe me? Go look it up. The next name was Prescott Bush' very good friend and business partner. He thought so highly of her that he introduced her to Hitler. He was also the money while she was the brains behind Planned Parenthood all the way back to it's beginnings.

Margret Sanger. She was adamant that the ***** must be wiped of the face of the earth along with any that the elite deem unworthy of existence. Sanger was a very good friend of Hitler (go read the letters they wrote to each other). Hitler is on record saying he got all his ideas where it came to the master race, from Margret Sanger. How many millions murdered?  

The third. George Soros. 

I wish I had asked that Australian how he knew what he told me. He might have told me.  

You may be able to persuade yourself that what I bring to your attention is something out of the twilight zone. If so, beware. What they say about not learning your history is true.

You could be a brown shirt and not know it. 

Here is the article on Prescott Bush and if you go look, there's shit lots more. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

The word in my post above that turned into ***** was a word that begins with n and ends with an o. That was the word used by Margret Sanger when telling all who she thought should be wiped of the face of the earth. 

10 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

What in the world are you talking about?

:lol:

Already cleared this up for everyone over in the Trump thread . . .

6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

tenor.gif

The Internet

Think niblick has ascended to a higher plane and is producing paragraphs none of us mere mortals can fathom. 

Unknown user

I'm no expert in concentrated gibberish, but I think this is one of those sets of alt-right bollocks you've heard about. Soros donates to the left, Soros is evil, Soros is fascist, ergo the left are fascist and evil. And they might not even know it.

And we know this because an Australian said.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm no expert in concentrated gibberish

You should probably seek a second opinion. 👍

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We need more qualifications IMO, or so I've been told.

Life is a tough gig, Shmit, with plenty of hurdles along the way, but if anyone can fashion a silk purse out of a pig's ear then it's you. :)

8 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

The word in my post above that turned into ***** was a word that begins with n and ends with an o. That was the word used by Margret Sanger when telling all who she thought should be wiped of the face of the earth. 

Nacho?

They had 'run out' of nachos in my local Spar yesterday. This is all starting to make sense.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Life is a tough gig, Shmit, with plenty of hurdles along the way, but if anyone can fashion a silk purse out of a pig's ear then it's you. :)

Ah you

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Nacho?

They had 'run out' of nachos in my local Spar yesterday. This is all starting to make sense.

Laughed

9 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

Globalism is what Stalin wanted. Globalism is what Hitler wanted. Globalism is what the fascist Chines want. Globalism is what those that back BLM want. Globalism is what those that back antifa want. 

I was brought up by clever people that had lived though, and fought in, the first and second world wars.

At the age of six I was taken to, and left in, the history section of the Fountainbridge library. From then on I spend a lot of time there.  

My father, even though mostly bed ridden because of the war for a lot of the time I knew him never talked about the war. One day three Australians turned up at the door. I was eight years old. Turned out my dad had saved them and they had come to see how he was doing. I listened to them for three days like a deer in the headlights. One of the Australians told me that because of what I was reading he thought I would appreciate a little nudge in the right direction and he was going to give me a list of three names. He told me they were monsters and that I should find out all I can about them. He told me to keep an eye out for the third because he will be one of the main people behind the next bunch of Nazis. I suggest you do the same as i did (have a look) and hopefully you have the ability to figure it out. The first name was Prescott Bush. He massively funded the Nazis and was the father of the shit that would become the head of the CIA who then became the President of the USA while having a son that became President of the USA. I was astonished that the Guardian published an article in 2004 that, all be it only brushed the surface, told the truth about him. Don't believe me? Go look it up. The next name was Prescott Bush' very good friend and business partner. He thought so highly of her that he introduced her to Hitler. He was also the money while she was the brains behind Planned Parenthood all the way back to it's beginnings.

Margret Sanger. She was adamant that the ***** must be wiped of the face of the earth along with any that the elite deem unworthy of existence. Sanger was a very good friend of Hitler (go read the letters they wrote to each other). Hitler is on record saying he got all his ideas where it came to the master race, from Margret Sanger. How many millions murdered?  

The third. George Soros. 

I wish I had asked that Australian how he knew what he told me. He might have told me.  

You may be able to persuade yourself that what I bring to your attention is something out of the twilight zone. If so, beware. What they say about not learning your history is true.

You could be a brown shirt and not know it. 

Here is the article on Prescott Bush and if you go look, there's shit lots more. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

Thanks for keeping it simple and to the point

11 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

All 3 nba games off tonight as the players are boycotting in protest. 

And the tennis in New York suspended today for the same reason.

I dunno how i feel about that tbh

16 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Cheers Bob, and as usual, you hit several nails square on the head, especially with this last bit.

Yep. The looting, rioting and lawlessness are all symptons/consequences.

It the root cause that the politicians notably need to get to the bottom of.

But never will.

Edited by DETTY29

Ron Burgundy

Hopefully BLM and their right wing counterparts wipe each other out.

It must be shite being a law abiding citizen in America.