• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

The Real Maroonblood
16 hours ago, weehammy said:

51 pages of this interminable thread while the one about the police officer shot dead right here in the UK attracted 11 posts before shuffling off the main page of the board.

That’s a good point.

Pretty sad and embarrassing.

One is an isolated incident by which an arrested person with hands cuffed behind their back was able to keep possession of a firearm and resulted in the tragic death of a police officer.

The other is a global movement protesting 400 years of systematic and state sponsored slavery, rape, brutality, murder, racism, disenfranchisement, prejudice and exclusion which has affected millions.

But you bash on with whatever pathetic whataboutism point you were trying to make.

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, Cade said:

One is an isolated incident by which an arrested person with hands cuffed behind their back was able to keep possession of a firearm and resulted in the tragic death of a police officer.

The other is a global movement protesting 400 years of systematic and state sponsored slavery, rape, brutality, murder, racism, disenfranchisement, prejudice and exclusion which has affected millions.

But you bash on with whatever pathetic whataboutism point you were trying to make.

Thank you. Nailed it.

23 hours ago, weehammy said:

51 pages of this interminable thread while the one about the police officer shot dead right here in the UK attracted 11 posts before shuffling off the main page of the board.

I think you need to have a word with a Mod.

I've double checked, and the post you made on that thread seems to have disappeared.

:look:

8 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

If the cop had shot the cop killing guy instead, JZ and Cade would have the pages up around War and Peace proportions. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If the cop had shot the cop killing guy instead, JZ and Cade would have the pages up around War and Peace proportions. 

Probably.

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

In regards Breanna Taylors boyfriend was he the drug dealer or was it her ex boyfriend? 

Her ex was the one police were looking for. Neither her nor the guy she was with at the time had a history of drugs. 

These threads are always really useful at highlighting the people you shouldn't pay any attention to. Lots of people who haven't the faintest idea about racism beyond what comes out their own mouths trying to dictate to other people what they should think.

2020 folks.

31 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Her ex was the one police were looking for. Neither her nor the guy she was with at the time had a history of drugs. 

Cheers. 

I haven't followed the case closely and wondered if it was a case of flying with the crows. What a waste of life. 

Now here's something you don't see very often.

Motion for Release of Grand Jury Transcripts

A grand juror who reviewed the Breonna Taylor case has filed this motion describing improper behaviour on the part of the Kentucky Attorney General, who is a noted Trump supporter, alleging that he used the grand jury “as a shield to deflect accountability and responsibility for those decisions.”

The motion also asks for grand jurors to have permission to talk about what didn’t take place during the proceedings, including “any potential charges and defendants presented or not presented.”

Typical Trump corruption as you'd expect, and if the recordings reveal the AG's office were basically acting as defense lawyers for the cops and didn't even give the grand jury the appropriate charges to consider, I'm sure the apologists will handwave this miscarriage of justice away just as readily as they handwave away cops beating down an apartment door and raining dozens of bullets on innocent people. :smile:

rudiatemyhamster

One thing is for sure is the lassie would still be alive if her boy friend had left his gun at home.  The police man that shot her will also have to live with it for the rest of his life.  A tragic tale of gun couture.

2 hours ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

One thing is for sure is the lassie would still be alive if her boy friend had left his gun at home.

That is absolutely not for sure at all. It's not even for sure that the boyfriend shot first.

2 hours ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

The police man that shot her will also have to live with it for the rest of his life.

Haven't seen any words from him. His colleague?

Mattingly, the officer who was shot by Walker in the thigh, sent a mass email to more than 1,000 colleagues on September 22, defending his actions and showing no remorse. “I know we did the legal, moral and ethical thing that night,” he wrote. “It’s sad how the good guys are demonized, and criminals are canonized.”

Criminals? Nobody in that apartment was one. **** this guy. We can at least be sure he will quite happily live with it for the rest of his life.

Edited by Justin Z

7 hours ago, Justin Z said:

That is absolutely not for sure at all. It's not even for sure that the boyfriend shot first.

Mattingly, the officer who was shot by Walker in the thigh, sent a mass email to more than 1,000 colleagues on September 22, defending his actions and showing no remorse. “I know we did the legal, moral and ethical thing that night,” he wrote. “It’s sad how the good guys are demonized, and criminals are canonized.”

Criminals? Nobody in that apartment was one. **** this guy. We can at least be sure he will quite happily live with it for the rest of his life.

Out of interest, do you see this as a case for BLM? Or that there is racism involved? 

It just seems like poor policing and potentially down to her BF firing first? 

On 28/09/2020 at 10:57, Nunya Business said:

These threads are always really useful at highlighting the people you shouldn't pay any attention to. Lots of people who haven't the faintest idea about racism beyond what comes out their own mouths trying to dictate to other people what they should think.

2020 folks.

Not sure which side you are firing at- the people who see racism in everything, or the ones who defend people accused of racism?

9 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Out of interest, do you see this as a case for BLM? Or that there is racism involved? 

It just seems like poor policing and potentially down to her BF firing first? 

Yeah, I do, but as I have said before, BLM have shown they are concerned with all lives, unlike "All Lives Matter" folks, who have en masse cheered Kyle Rittenhouse for murdering people.

BLM have never denied white people get murdered by police too. Their focus is on the barriers that exist for families of victims of police violence to get justice. We are seeing those barriers in full force in Breonna Taylor's case. They protested for months and months in Louisville to try to hold police responsible, and the above has been the result. And they continue to work for all victims regardless of race.

That's the far more important point than whether the LMPD and the other government agencies involved in all this also happen to be terrible at their jobs, which I think is pretty clear.

rudiatemyhamster
19 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Sorry Justin - I didn’t mean to make excuses for anyone.  My main point was without gun culture nobody gets killed.  My  second point is that if you kill someone you have to live with that for the rest of your life.    

Just now, rudiatemyhamster said:

Sorry Justin - I didn’t mean to make excuses for anyone.  My main point was without gun culture nobody gets killed.  My  second point is that if you kill someone you have to live with that for the rest of your life.    

Definitely agree, no need to apologise. The US's gun culture is a culture of death. We wouldn't have the first clue what to do with a "healthy" gun culture like Switzerland's, for example, much less not have a gun culture at all.

What's sick to me though is that cops caught up in these incidents repeatedly show zero remorse for their actions—or even the barest hint of humanity.

Just now, rudiatemyhamster said:

I doubt this is real. 

No it's real, that was a legitimate advertisement on Breitbart.com almost exactly a year ago. Saw it with my own eyes.

1 minute ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

However I would like your view point on the Film ‘Snow White’

Less farfetched than any plot for a "2020 in America" series or film would be, that's for sure :lol:

rudiatemyhamster
Just now, Justin Z said:

Definitely agree, no need to apologise. The US's gun culture is a culture of death. We wouldn't have the first clue what to do with a "healthy" gun culture like Switzerland's, for example, much less not have a gun culture at all.

What's sick to me though is that cops caught up in these incidents repeatedly show zero remorse for their actions—or even the barest hint of humanity.

I don’t know about that but America does have a criminal industrial complex where people are essentially rounded up on irrelevant charges and looked up with a degree of unacceptable force.  From this, I understand the point of BLM.  

rudiatemyhamster
Just now, Justin Z said:

No it's real, that was a legitimate advertisement on Breitbart.com almost exactly a year ago. Saw it with my own eyes.

Less farfetched than any plot for a "2020 in America" series or film would be, that's for sure :lol:

Im thinking that Snow White wouldn’t be made today for a variety of reasons which could be classified as either overt or subconscious racism 

Kind of an irrelevance because it’s not a film kids would enjoy today.

But it is a mute point to consider  will Snow White be removed from the record or will it be available in 10 years time.

i feel things have moved so fast in the few years - I am not particularly left wing but I did find George of the Jungle racist and couldn’t believe it was even entertained as a concept.

This all aligns to the removing statues argument - how much of history due you remove from the record.

For me there is evolution and progress and the removal of statues is devise.  Just rename a street or put up a new statue.  The old ones go a museum.

2 minutes ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

I don’t know about that but America does have a criminal industrial complex where people are essentially rounded up on irrelevant charges and looked up with a degree of unacceptable force.  From this, I understand the point of BLM.  

Yes, exactly. The racist history of this is indisputable, and started with the constitutional amendment that outlawed slavery.

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

So what'd they do in the South? They re-wrote petty offences on the books into criminal offences, brought bogus charges against newly-freed slaves, and repopulated the cotton fields and mines and railroads with chain gangs. The legacy of that is the carceral state of today—the author of the piece I linked detailed how when he was in prison, he was paid 15¢ an hour to make chairs that were sold for 4x the cost of labour and materials.

It's my understanding that it was legal for prison guards in Louisiana to flog chain gang prisoners into the 1990s, though I've been unable to verify that.

1 minute ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

For me there is evolution and progress and the removal of statues is devise.  Just rename a street or put up a new statue.  The old ones go a museum.

This seems fair enough to me.

rudiatemyhamster
21 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Yes, exactly. The racist history of this is indisputable, and started with the constitutional amendment that outlawed slavery.

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

So what'd they do in the South? They re-wrote petty offences on the books into criminal offences, brought bogus charges against newly-freed slaves, and repopulated the cotton fields and mines and railroads with chain gangs. The legacy of that is the carceral state of today—the author of the piece I linked detailed how when he was in prison, he was paid 15¢ an hour to make chairs that were sold for 4x the cost of labour and materials.

It's my understanding that it was legal for prison guards in Louisiana to flog chain gang prisoners into the 1990s, though I've been unable to verify that.

This seems fair enough to me.

Not fully up to speed on  BLM but would like guidance on the following:

1). Blacks are not at the bottom of the racial class system.  I am led to believe that is illegal immigrants often South Americans.  What is the BLM position on this.

2) The tactics of intimidation by BLM

activists I disagree with and need to understand the reasoning for them.  Note - I actually believe it is these tactics which will lead to a Trump election victory.

3 hours ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

Not fully up to speed on  BLM but would like guidance on the following:

1). Blacks are not at the bottom of the racial class system.  I am led to believe that is illegal immigrants often South Americans.  What is the BLM position on this.

I can't speak for BLM. My guess is their position on a question like this would be, "the existence of multiple racism-based issues in the United States is an argument for anti-racism generally, and our movement is inclusive of and not harmed by them."

3 hours ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

2) The tactics of intimidation by BLM

activists I disagree with and need to understand the reasoning for them.  Note - I actually believe it is these tactics which will lead to a Trump election victory.

If you mean general media reporting on these so-called "tactics," you may be right.

93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds

However, it's been pretty rare overall and as you can see from the numbers is not what the movement is about by-and-large. Furthermore, many of the ones that ended up problematic have been traced to white supremacists.

rudiatemyhamster
On 01/10/2020 at 01:11, Justin Z said:

I can't speak for BLM. My guess is their position on a question like this would be, "the existence of multiple racism-based issues in the United States is an argument for anti-racism generally, and our movement is inclusive of and not harmed by them."

If you mean general media reporting on these so-called "tactics," you may be right.

93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds

However, it's been pretty rare overall and as you can see from the numbers is not what the movement is about by-and-large. Furthermore, many of the ones that ended up problematic have been traced to white supremacists.

Not convinced by stats.  But I have to admit I don’t really know much about it to pass an educated comment.  It’s a foreign country and I rely on the media - just like I do for Ukraine and Egypt. 

• 1 year later...
WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, Cade said:

All 4 defendants in the Colston statue dunking case found not guilty of criminal damage.

Priti Patel will be seething.

What a shame.

The law of the land prevailed. The usual media suspects will also be seething.

.:greggy:

Edited by WorldChampions1902

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So criminal damage isn't an offence anymore. Might go out tonight and wreck a few cars :wattie:

Better be quick.

New Government law coming soon says 10 years for damaging a monument. 

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So criminal damage isn't an offence anymore. Might go out tonight and wreck a few cars :wattie:

The law is an ass.

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

What a shame.

The law of the land prevailed. The usual media suspects will also be seething.

.:greggy:

Did it?

I find it hard to see how throwing a statue into water is anything other than criminal damage. 

Whether there should be a statue is another matter although these things are rarely black and white. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

Did it?

I find it hard to see how throwing a statue into water is anything other than criminal damage. 

Whether there should be a statue is another matter although these things are rarely black and white. 

:laugh2:

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

The nick of them celebrating like they’re the Birmingham 6. Bunch of privileged tossers. 

Tossers.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

The nick of them celebrating like they’re the Birmingham 6. Bunch of privileged tossers. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Tossers.

Why wouldn't they be celebrating?

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Did it?

Whether there should be a statue is another matter although these things are rarely black and white

:oohmatron:

5 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Gammons sizzling, lovely 

If I wasn't a great fan of Burns's poetry would it be okay to assemble a squad to get rid of his statue?

Or rabid unionists and the various Wallace ones?

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Justify it on environmental grounds?

Spitonastranger
11 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

If I wasn't a great fan of Burns's poetry would it be okay to assemble a squad to get rid of his statue?

Or rabid unionists and the various Wallace ones?

Wasn't aware both were slave owners.