Black Lives Matter Protest.

Ainsley Harriott

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Of course it doesn't.

I don't presume every fifth person was carrying a machine gun, why would peaceful protesters be armed? 

You should, in Texas.

"Peaceful" law enforcement officers are armed at all times. Is there a difference?

I mean, besides that they are firing tear gas and rubber bullets at protesters exercising their rights, constantly, creating tension where it didn't exist. Attacking protesters who are protesting police brutality and the consequence-free murder of the citizenry, and who are not raising their weapons at anybody.

But other than that, is there a difference?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s Texas isn’t it? I’m assuming every fifth person is carrying one. Does not justify shooting to kill at someone.

I'm guessing that if you carry a machine gun around, you should be prepared for someone else to shoot at you

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Of course it doesn't.

I don't presume every fifth person was carrying a machine gun, why would peacefull protesters be armed? 

I doubt that many carry machine guns, but many carry firearms in Texas. That’s an issue of its own. The video however shows someone shooting someone to death for holding a different view to them. There’s absolutely no justification.

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

"Peaceful" law enforcement officers are armed at all times. Is there a difference?

Of course there is, they are the police!!

Do you honestly think people should be walking about with machine guns at a protest?

Do the "peaceful protesters" have the same level of training and experience at handling such firearms?

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I doubt that many carry machine guns, but many carry firearms in Texas. That’s an issue of its own. The video however shows someone shooting someone to death for holding a different view to them. There’s absolutely no justification.

Were both parties armed?

Marty Byrde
10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

All I see there is a guy being murdered in cold blood. Another human being lifting a firearm and firing it at another human being with the intention of ending their life. It’s absolutely horrific. For folk to say the victim “deserved” it, because they are presumably “left” wing in their politics is frankly disgusting.

Nice bash at spinning what I said. I'll clarify for you. 

Did he deserve to die? - No.

Is he a lefty gimp? - IMO yes. 

Was he armed with a machine gun? - Yes.

Did he fire his weapon first? - Again, gonna say yes. That's what I hear. Do you hear that?

Can I see why he'd get fired back at In Texas if he did? - Yep.

You take your chances. That's it.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Were both parties armed?

Yes. Only one was using theirs to murder people though.

Just now, Marty Byrde said:

Nice bash at spinning what I said. I'll clarify for you. 

Did he deserve to die? - No.

Is he a lefty gimp? - IMO yes. 

Was he armed with a machine gun? - Yes.

Did he fire his weapon first? - Again, gonna say yes. That's what I hear. Do you hear that?

Can I see why he'd get fired back at In Texas if he did? - Yep.

You take your chances. That's it.

No spin required. Those were your words. The lefty gimp got what he deserved.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yes. Only one was using theirs to murder people though.

Sorry but if you turn up wearing a sub machine gun to a protest you're asking for trouble no matter if you're on the right or the left.

There's no justification in having one, I'm saddened by the death of anyone, protesting should be an absolute right in any democracy.

Marty Byrde

No spin required. Those were your words. The lefty gimp got what he deserved.

Did he fire his weapon? You don't want to answer this.

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Of course there is, they are the police!!

Is that the police who are abducting people off the streets in unmarked vehicles without showing badges or other identification?

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Do you honestly think people should be walking about with machine guns at a protest?

What I honestly think, and the reality in the United States, especially right now, are very different things.

Do the peaceful protesters have the same level of training and experience at handling such firearms?

They often have more.

Just now, Marty Byrde said:

I didn’t see or hear him fire it, no. The photos you provided show him pointing it at the ground. Is there a longer video, that I’ve not seen, where he does? 

5 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Happy to. No.

Besides, your fantasy version of this incident is beyond ridiculous anyway anyway. Five shots from a rifle, and a stationary driver in a stationary vehicle is unharmed and can, several seconds later, fatally shoot back with a handgun? Your continued need to lie that he did to justify your joy at someone's murder to everyone else is unsurprising, but you need to come up with a better mask for your glee.

Or you know, actually, you don't. Just admit you're glad that a leftist is dead and quit pretending you wouldn't be if he didn't "deserve" it.

Edited by Justin Z

Just now, Justin Z said:

Is that the police who are abducting people off the streets in unmarked vehicles without showing badges or other identification?

What I honestly think, and the reality in the United States, especially right now, are very different things.

They often have more.

Are the Police not catching looters and rioters after the event as is done by Police forces all over the world? Your wording is deliberately inflammatory and biased, I'd not trust your news sources as you'd not accept mine, to me you're the most racist/facists and hypocritical poster on here,  I'm surprised you lowered yourself to answer me!!!

"They often have more"

No, obviously they don't, as if they did they'd not turn up at a protest wearing a machine gun.

You're wokeness really clouds your vision, we'll never agree, we both think each other is an areshole so best not reply to each other👍

Trying to get my head around someone being happy about someone being murdered. Honestly struggling with that. Utterly contemptible and in need to professional help.

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I didn’t see or hear him fire it, no. The photos you provided show him pointing it at the ground. Is there a longer video, that I’ve not seen, where he does? 

You're wrong though, he definitely fired it five times and with a rifle accurate to six inches at 100 yards, missed the mark entirely every time. Then they went for a tea break, then the other guy shot him three times.

Just now, Justin Z said:

You're wrong though, he definitely fired it five times and with a rifle accurate to six inches at 100 yards, missed the mark entirely every time. Then they went for a tea break, then the other guy shot him three times.

Yeah, apparently you just don’t know anything about the southern states of the US and handguns though. ☹️

11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Are the Police not catching looters and rioters after the event as is done by Police forces all over the world?

tenor.gif?itemid=14359850

Your wording is deliberately inflammatory and biased, I'd not trust your news sources as you'd not accept mine, [snip] I'm surprised you lowered yourself to answer me!!!

Now now, your inability to understand the situation in my country, where I am presently, is no reason to get personal. Here's but one thread documenting instances of police overreach. It's all there for you to decide for yourself, rather than "trusting" anything.

"They often have more"

No, obviously they don't, as if they did they'd not turn up at a protest wearing a machine gun.

Yes, they do often have more. Gun nuts here are, well, nutty. How much training a person has in using a firearm, and whether he decides to go to a protest with it, are completely unrelated and your non-sequitur makes no sense.

You're wokeness really clouds your vision, we'll never agree, we both think each other is an areshole so best not reply to each other👍

That you can't address people's arguments or points without using propaganda labels for them betrays how little you think for yourself, and how much of a reactionary you are.

Edited by Justin Z

Governor Tarkin

We need more posters thinking each other are arseholes imo.

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Trying to get my head around someone being happy about someone being murdered. Honestly struggling with that. Utterly contemptible and in need to professional help.

I've been quite happy at the demise of a couple of folk tbf. 

9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yeah, apparently you just don’t know anything about the southern states of the US and handguns though. ☹️

Or open carry, or how bizarrely dedicated gun nuts are to practicing their craft, or police brutality and abuse of power. Certainly not, having lived in one of the yeehaw hillbilly muh freedom trio for most of my life, and practiced as a criminal defence lawyer. Absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.

Image may contain: 4 people, text that says "Why is it when something happens it is always you three? Florida Texas Arizona"

Edited by Justin Z

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

I've been quite happy at the demise of a couple of folk tbf. 

That's a fair shout.

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

That you can't address arguments or points without using propaganda labels for them betrays how little you think for yourself, and how much of a reactionary you are.

I promise this'll be my last reply so you're welcome to your predictability childish last word, but.........🤣🤣🤣🤣 FFS you're that far up your own sanctimonious arsehole you'll not even see how totally hypocritical that paragraph is!!!! It should be tattooed on you!!!!

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Now now, your inability to understand the situation in my country, where I am presently, is no reason to get personal. 

I'm going to screengrab this and post it back to you next time you hang shit on me for my unhealth hatred of Celtic and Craig Levein. 👍

There seems to be propaganda and lies coming from both sides but the US will only get away with their fight fire with fire policy for so long before the whole country goes up in flames. Every crisis, every recession and every national protest just seems to fuel more drastic action and more inequality. Doesn’t seem that long ago that American governments were criticising the soviets then China for putting troops and special undercover units on the streets to deal with protests. 

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm going to screengrab this and post it back to you next time you hang shit on me for my unhealth hatred of Celtic and Craig Levein. 👍

:lol: But I've lived there. Totally different, Gov :wink:

9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

[snip]

Sure mate, whatever helps you feel better 😊

You take care now.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There seems to be propaganda and lies coming from both sides but the US will only get away with their fight fire with fire policy for so long before the whole country goes up in flames. Every crisis, every recession and every national protest just seems to fuel more drastic action and more inequality. Doesn’t seem that long ago that American governments were criticising the soviets then China for putting troops and special undercover units on the streets to deal with protests. 

For the avoidance of doubt though. If that horrific scene had been switched about so it was BLM protestors who just murdered some armed rightwing guy, I’d be just as saddened. It’s a video clip of someone being murdered in cold blood. I cant get my head around people not being sickened by it, regardless of who is protesting about what. 

I remember seeing footage of two soldiers driving in to an IRA funeral procession when I was a kid... they were dragged out the car and killed. No matter who was believing what, it should be harrowing to any right minded person.

For the avoidance of doubt though. If that horrific scene had been switched about so it was BLM protestors who just murdered some armed rightwing guy, I’d be just as saddened. It’s a video clip of someone being murdered in cold blood. I cant get my head around people not being sickened by it, regardless of who is protesting about what. 

I remember seeing footage of two soldiers driving in to an IRA funeral procession when I was a kid... they were dragged out the car and killed. No matter who was believing what, it should be harrowing to any right minded person.

I wasn’t commenting on the clip in particular. It was horrific and as you say harrowing. Again, not commenting on that particular clip but clips being shown out of context (or partial clips with some of the footage deliberately cut or missing) can be very misleading. 

I remember the IRA one as well. Quite awful and left a lasting impression. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I wasn’t commenting on the clip in particular. It was horrific and as you say harrowing. Again, not commenting on that particular clip but clips being shown out of context (or partial clips with some of the footage deliberately cut or missing) can be very misleading. 

I remember the IRA one as well. Quite awful and left a lasting impression. 

Totally. I was pretty young at the time. Leaves something in there when you see something like that. Can’t un-see it. At that age you don’t see the this side or that side of it. All you see and subsequently remember is two lives being snubbed out.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

21 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:spoton:

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Do the "peaceful protesters" have the same level of training and experience at handling such firearms?

P.S. Buddy boy, the man who was murdered was ex-military. I think it's a safe bet he definitely had more firearms training and experience than your average cop.

3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

But a peaceful protester with a machine gun???

Yes, like these peaceful protesters who entered the Michigan state capitol building and 'peacefully" ranted about lockdown measures.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-01-at-5.02.01-AM-696

Armed-militia-group-stands-in-front-of-g

The legislators in there didn't get their peaceful intent and left the building. They should have consulted Trump, who said they were 'very good people'

Trump calls protesters who carried guns into the Michigan state capitol ‘very good people’

Tom Cotton (Republican Senator for Ankansas), says that slavery was a "necessary evil" so that the USA could become a mighty nation that could abolish slavery out of the goodness of its heart.

Ummmmmm...........

23 minutes ago, Cade said:

Tom Cotton (Republican Senator for Ankansas), says that slavery was a "necessary evil" so that the USA could become a mighty nation that could abolish slavery out of the goodness of its heart.

Ummmmmm...........

And oddly the likes of Canada and Australia, both also ex British colonies, didn't need a history of slavery to become top quality nations.

The Republicans don't seem to be getting the zeitgeist of this era. How dimwitted do you need to be in this particular era to try to justify slavery in any way shape or form.

10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Yes, like these peaceful protesters who entered the Michigan state capitol building and 'peacefully" ranted about lockdown measures.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-01-at-5.02.01-AM-696

Armed-militia-group-stands-in-front-of-g

The legislators in there didn't get their peaceful intent and left the building. They should have consulted Trump, who said they were 'very good people'

Trump calls protesters who carried guns into the Michigan state capitol ‘very good people’

These arseholes are as bad as anyone, equally as bad as the BLM protesters who turned up with machine guns, if they got themselves shot I'd have as little sympathy.

Edited by Dawnrazor

The danger of relying on particular "sources"...

image.thumb.png.69f877032c2858714691ae7c696932b7.png

...is when they're QAnon affiliated, make things up out of whole cloth, then change their headline in real time after getting retweeted by Trump, to create plausible deniability. "Oh but we said 'allegedly'". Who was making that allegation? "Uhh..."

But as we already know, some people are content to believe fantasies rather than confront the reality of what's going on, and get very emotional when you force them to. :smile:

In fact, let's talk about this canard of "violent protest", "looters" and "rioters".

Tyler-texas-man-gets-choked-by-Trump-sup

This is violence. Physically assaulting another person—this campaign manager is about to be slammed into a stone memorial. A Democratic committeewoman was also punched. Watch the videos, it's chaos.

So why was there no crowd dispersal from police at this event? Why no tear gas? They're simply responding to rioting and violence when they do that, right? :rolleyes:

All the lies that are told about why Black Lives Matter protests are constantly gassed are just that: lies. It's not due to "threats" or "danger". It's a continuation of the very oppression they are protesting against in the first place, and this highlights that.

When a "pro-police" crowd turns violent against other citizens, the police do absolutely nothing. No red herrings on who started it or why: bottom line, it turned violent and police did absolutely nothing like what they do against peaceful protests whose messages they don't like.

Edited by Justin Z
Added link

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

In fact, let's talk about this canard of "violent protest", "looters" and "rioters".

Tyler-texas-man-gets-choked-by-Trump-sup

This is violence. Physically assaulting another person—this campaign manager is about to be slammed into a stone memorial. A Democratic committeewoman was also punched. Watch the videos, it's chaos.

So why was there no crowd dispersal from police at this event? Why no tear gas? They're simply responding to rioting and violence when they do that, right? :rolleyes:

All the lies that are told about why Black Lives Matter protests are constantly gassed are just that: lies. It's not due to "threats" or "danger". It's a continuation of the very oppression they are protesting against in the first place, and this highlights that.

When a "pro-police" crowd turns violent against other citizens, the police do absolutely nothing. No red herrings on who started it or why: bottom line, it turned violent and police did absolutely nothing like what they do against peaceful protests whose messages they don't like.

And anybody who doubts all that must have been living in a lala land where Trump doesn't exist for the last 4 years. He's capable of anything.

His niece recently gave an interview in which she said that she's terrified over what he may do if poll numbers keep falling and the pressure builds.

She said he's "capable of anything"

You think of something, anything, no matter how bizarre, he's capable of it. Launching nukes? Capable of it. Martial law? That's already starting. 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

And anybody who doubts all that must have been living in a lala land where Trump doesn't exist for the last 4 years. He's capable of anything.

His niece recently gave an interview in which she said that she's terrified over what he may do if poll numbers keep falling and the pressure builds.

She said he's "capable of anything"

You think of something, anything, no matter how bizarre, he's capable of it. Launching nukes? Capable of it. Martial law? That's already starting. 

All of that is true but much of it wouldn't have even been possible without decades of malfeasance by both major parties. We have given a grotesquely large amount of discretion and power to the executive branch. We did it for three main reasons.

First, to make us feel safe.

Second, so that Congress never had to make any hard decisions or take responsibility for them.

And third, because we figured no dictators would ever get elected. All of those things are wrong.

As I've said before, it's time to eliminate DHS, which was always an incipient fascist organization. I mean, it's got the word "Homeland" right in the ****ing name. And it's time to eliminate ICE. The idea that we can't "secure the border," without an organization that didn't exist until like 2003, is an absolute nonsense.

These organisations coordinate with local police departments, which we have spent decades militarising (which accelerated under Obama).

It's all trash.

Edited by Justin Z
fixed typo

3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

New idea.

Get rid of the plaque and replace Dundas with a statue of Wiley!

Nah, not that Wiley

Details about Ultra Rare! Looney Tunes Wile E Coyote Failed Trap ...

This Wile E.

doctor jambo
On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 01:11, Cade said:

Ummmmmm...........

He was correct in that all "great " civilisations were built using slavery-

Mongol, Arabian, Hellenistic, roman, Egyptian, British, Aztec, Mayan- every continent, every empire.

Was it necessary?

Probably- free labour.

Was it acceptable? By the standards of the time, sure.

Was it repugnant by todays standards? Of course

27 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

He was correct in that all "great " civilisations were built using slavery-

Mongol, Arabian, Hellenistic, roman, Egyptian, British, Aztec, Mayan- every continent, every empire.

Was it necessary?

Probably- free labour.

Was it acceptable? By the standards of the time, sure.

Was it repugnant by todays standards? Of course

He's now completely backtracked on his comments.

An example of the violent protests going on.

Obviously not violent at all. This is pretty representative of 99% of the "action". Actually, the similarity to Scottish Independence marches, of which I have participated in two, struck me. Shows the difference: Nothing or very little kicked off at the Indy marches because police didn't start attacking us as we marched and chanted. They were there to protect and serve, not to tear gas and take head shots with "non-lethal" rounds.

(warning: graphic photo)

How an as-yet free society handles free expression, versus a totalitarian, repressive one, summed up.

doctor jambo
49 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

He's now completely backtracked on his comments.

He shouldn’t really.

He is correct.

If he believes it - own it.

Sadly cancel culture has ended debate.

our amazing buildings are testament to our past- good and bad.

As are the pyramids, parthenon, machu pichu,

colloseum.

Slavery. Unaffordable otherwise, yet beautiful.

Most great buildings in Glasgow .

12 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

He shouldn’t really.

He is correct.

colloseum.

Justifying slavery while bemoaning cancel culture. Jesus Christ

Not to mention the sheer historical nonsense of this. Athenian slaves, though they existed, according to many sources got paid in building the Parthenon, and slaves could buy their freedom. Slaves did not build the Pyramids. Slaves did not build Machu Picchu. Jewish slaves built the Colosseum and nearly 2,000 years later many of the descendants of those slaves died in the Holocaust, good thing we learned our lesson by calling it a "necessary evil", at least we got a nice building out of it eh?

The American institution of hereditary slavery was an abomination by any standard, as is slavery generally. There were plenty of people contemporary to the American practice who didn't mince words in so describing it. An abomination is all it ever was. You sitting here apologising for it . . . unreal.

Edited by Justin Z

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

He shouldn’t really.

He is correct.

colloseum.

Cotton wasn't simply saying slaves contributed to building America. He used the word "necessary", as if it was a justification. Two very different things. 

Also, his comments came as he denounced a campaign to have American history taught not from the war of independence or the declaration, but from earlier, when the first slave ships arrived. That's the definition of cancel culture. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Mostly paid slaves.

😄

And focusing on slavery in the past but not much said about present day slavery?

Such as the sex trade.

Here in the UK.

Sorry not the right colour and not right on.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
2 minutes ago, jake said:

Mostly paid slaves.

😄

And focusing on slavery in the past but not much said about present day slavery?

Such as the sex trade.

Here in the UK.

Sorry not the right colour and not right on.

Those causes have champions. 

If everybody had to prove their cause was the most worthy, or had to caveat their fight with making sure they nodded to every other cause out there, nothing would ever change. 

Maybe that would suit some, I dunno. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Justifying slavery while bemoaning cancel culture. Jesus Christ

Not to mention the sheer historical nonsense of this. Athenian slaves, though they existed, according to many sources got paid in building the Parthenon, and slaves could buy their freedom. Slaves did not build the Pyramids. Slaves did not build Machu Picchu. Jewish slaves built the Colosseum and nearly 2,000 years later many of the descendants of those slaves died in the Holocaust, good thing we learned our lesson by calling it a "necessary evil", at least we got a nice building out of it eh?

The American institution of hereditary slavery was an abomination by any standard, as is slavery generally. There were plenty of people contemporary to the American practice who didn't mince words in so describing it. An abomination is all it ever was. You sitting here apologising for it . . . unreal.

At no point did I justify slavery.

Many things look bizarre looking back.

Intend not to judge the past by modern belief systems.

47 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

At no point did I justify slavery.

"We have to study the history of slavery and its role and impact on the development of our country because otherwise we can't understand our country. As the founding fathers said, it was the necessary evil upon which the union was built."

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

He is correct.

. . .

colloseum.

K.

54 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Cotton wasn't simply saying slaves contributed to building America. He used the word "necessary", as if it was a justification. Two very different things. 

Also, his comments came as he denounced a campaign to have American history taught not from the war of independence or the declaration, but from earlier, when the first slave ships arrived. That's the definition of cancel culture. 

Nailed it.

50 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Those causes have champions. 

If everybody had to prove their cause was the most worthy, or had to caveat their fight with making sure they nodded to every other cause out there, nothing would ever change. 

Maybe that would suit some, I dunno. 

Twice in a row.

They do have champions, thankfully, and all of it is not okay, in any time at any place:

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

The American institution of hereditary slavery was an abomination by any standard, as is slavery generally.