Black Lives Matter Protest.

Ainsley Harriott

I hope the black power fist doesn't continue when fans are back in the stadiums. Black nationalism and raised clenched fists should have no place in football. Nothing but victim culture and inverted  bigotry.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

Ron Burgundy
27 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I hope the black power fist doesn't continue when fans are back in the stadiums. Black nationalism and raised clenched fists should have no place in football. Nothing but victim culture and inverted  bigotry.

It surely will have died down by then. You can see already that the hashtag has run its course.

They have shat in their own nest regards public support with their own incredibly racist views.

8 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It surely will have died down by then. You can see already that the hashtag has run its course.

They have shat in their own nest regards public support with their own incredibly racist views.

Agreed mate. The odious views of bigot Nick Cannon are widespread among black nationalists and the fist is their symbol. All these clowns have jumped on a bigoted bandwagon.

I don't know how to convince conservatives that systemic racism is a real thing, that persists, and would, even in the absence of white people who hate black people.

Here's McArdle's attempt.

How to explain systemic racism to non-liberals like me

Well-designed studies show that discrimination against various signifiers of “blackness” persist in our labor markets. That’s one reason black Americans are disproportionately concentrated in lower-skilled, lower-paid service and manufacturing jobs that require their physical presence, and where many of them were exposed to the coronavirus, while the whiter office workforce safely telecommuted this year.

Note that this could happen even if the people making discriminatory decisions have no particular animus toward black people.

. . .

One can acknowledge this without endorsing every solution advanced by social justice activists. But if you think that it is a major social problem when large numbers of people are pushed to the margins of important aspects of ... life — well, then you should believe that it’s a problem even when you aren’t one of those marginalized.

24 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I don't know how to convince conservatives that systemic racism is a real thing, that persists, and would, even in the absence of white people who hate black people.

Here's McArdle's attempt.

How to explain systemic racism to non-liberals like me

Well-designed studies show that discrimination against various signifiers of “blackness” persist in our labor markets. That’s one reason black Americans are disproportionately concentrated in lower-skilled, lower-paid service and manufacturing jobs that require their physical presence, and where many of them were exposed to the coronavirus, while the whiter office workforce safely telecommuted this year.

Note that this could happen even if the people making discriminatory decisions have no particular animus toward black people.

. . .

One can acknowledge this without endorsing every solution advanced by social justice activists. But if you think that it is a major social problem when large numbers of people are pushed to the margins of important aspects of ... life — well, then you should believe that it’s a problem even when you aren’t one of those marginalized.

Not sure what this cobblers has to do with UK. Boatloads of Africans and others wouldn't be crossing that English Channel every day if it was otherwise. They're coming here because it's a perceived paradise for them.

12 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Boatloads of Africans and others wouldn't be crossing that English Channel every day if it was otherwise.

Even accepting the first part of this statement as unqualified truth, this is what is known as a false premise. An easy example:

- If the streets are wet, it has rained recently.

- The streets are wet.

- Therefore it has rained recently.

There are plenty of other reasons why the streets might be wet. There are plenty of other reasons Africans and others—boatloads every day, allegedly—might be crossing. One of them might even be the longstanding catastrophic effects of empire on their lives.

38 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Even accepting the first part of this statement as unqualified truth, this is what is known as a false premise. An easy example:

- The streets are wet.

There are plenty of other reasons why the streets might be wet. There are plenty of other reasons Africans and others—boatloads every day, allegedly—might be crossing. One of them might even be the longstanding catastrophic effects of empire on their lives.

Eh dude, it was the collapse of 'Empire' in Africa that ushered in incompetent mainly tribal regimes and dictatorships that caused the catastrophe, debt bailed out and now back all over again, although the main problem now is unsustainable birth rates which is why Western aid to sub Saharan Africa without birth control pre-conditions is just pouring gasoline into a furnace. Johnson and Patel need to secure than Channel you'll agree. Tow em back like the Aussies do.

56 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

- The streets are wet.

article-2239078-163B22DB000005DC-437_308

6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Eh dude, it was the collapse of 'Empire' in Africa that ushered in incompetent mainly tribal regimes and dictatorships that caused the catastrophe, debt bailed out and now back all over again, although the main problem now is unsustainable birth rates which is why Western aid to sub Saharan Africa without birth control pre-conditions is just pouring gasoline into a furnace. Johnson and Patel need to secure than Channel you'll agree. Tow em back like the Aussies do.

Exactly, the left are always blaming the government for everything, personal responsibility doesn't mean a thing to them, that's maybe why the streets are wet??

10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Exactly, the left are always blaming the government for everything, personal responsibility doesn't mean a thing to them, that's maybe why the streets are wet??

I'm a moderate on most issues but at some point you have to say enough is enough. Derek Chauvin, okay, bad American white cop, lock him up, but not my problem and not an excuse for some of the nonsense that it's spawned.  

Brad Gledhill, murdered last week, stabbed to death by a gang of asian kids, if thus was the other way about can you imagine the cover in the press it would get??? White kid murdered by Asians, not a peep.

Tommy Brown

See another English Bobby is in bother. Filmed restraining a black suspect by kneeling on his neck.

What an arsehole. Is it just stupid arrogance that he thinks he can get away with this tactic that has caused mayhem worldwide.

Marty Byrde
17 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

article-2239078-163B22DB000005DC-437_308

I wonder if  our American Hearts fan got that one?

Eric was some boy.

Edited by Marty Byrde

13 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

See another English Bobby is in bother. Filmed restraining a black suspect by kneeling on his neck.

What an arsehole. Is it just stupid arrogance that he thinks he can get away with this tactic that has caused mayhem worldwide.

The man being restrained was carrying a knife, resisting arrest and was due to be back in prison. He is back in court this morning at 10 am where he will know doubt be sent back to prison. The arrest was warranted. 
The method of restraint is questionable but the guy has history and is violent. These incidents are rarely depicted in full when some random is filming them. 

The Real Maroonblood
41 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

The man being restrained was carrying a knife, resisting arrest and was due to be back in prison. He is back in court this morning at 10 am where he will know doubt be sent back to prison. The arrest was warranted. 
The method of restraint is questionable but the guy has history and is violent. These incidents are rarely depicted in full when some random is filming them. 

Using the softly approach on this bam could’ve resulted in the policeman receiving serious injury.

So **** him.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Using the softly approach on this bam could’ve resulted in the policeman receiving serious injury.

So **** him.

You rarely here “fair cop guv“ these days they all want to make arrest as difficult as possible. Stop the struggle and comply with the instructions from the officers. 
The judiciary need to penalise resisting arrest heavily on top of the original crime. That way it may make criminals think first. Obviously drunks and drug up criminals won’t but that shouldn’t stop the police from using whatever force necessary to restrain and arrest them. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

You rarely here “fair cop guv“ these days they all want to make arrest as difficult as possible. Stop the struggle and comply with the instructions from the officers. 
The judiciary need to penalise resisting arrest heavily on top of the original crime. That way it may make criminals think first. Obviously drunks and drug up criminals won’t but that shouldn’t stop the police from using whatever force necessary to restrain and arrest them. 

Fully agree.

22 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The police need to stop arresting criminals 

They need to stop arresting black criminals. Doubt we'd have the same outcry if the criminal was non black

Tommy Brown

You call out a cop for being an arsehole and posters twist away from the point being made 

If you see the footage, the two officers had it under control. But one decides to use the kneeling on the neck routine. 

The guy was dangerous and deserved to be arrested, that had nothing to do with my post.

rudiatemyhamster

I’ve always wondered what about Mexicans.  Are they black or white.  Was the Michael Jackson song a pedo anthem for his love of Mexican boys....

44 minutes ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

I’ve always wondered what about Mexicans.  Are they black or white.  Was the Michael Jackson song a pedo anthem for his love of Mexican boys....

They're Mexicans I think.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

You call out a cop for being an arsehole and posters twist away from the point being made 

If you see the footage, the two officers had it under control. But one decides to use the kneeling on the neck routine. 

The guy was dangerous and deserved to be arrested, that had nothing to do with my post.

Arsehole?

I think that may have annoyed some .

Guys got a knife most of us will back away.

They dont have that luxury.

They are also governed by rules that you or I are not.

I'm tackling someone with a knife I'm using anything to stop him.

Half bricks anything.

Yes it's right we hold the police to a standard but having watched the video I cant see arrogance or arseholery .

Just a guy with a screaming crowd under threat under pressure.

They're not robots ffs .

So aye the arsehole bit ....come on eh?

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

77698112_policeareracist.thumb.jpg.d34b4e3a7ca865d3058f5721ff1e4fd9.jpg

Hundreds? How many cops are there  in the US? And how many people  in the US belong to racist Facebook groups?

Francis Albert
On 17/07/2020 at 15:15, Justin Z said:

- The streets are wet.

Sorry but I am struggling to.think.what the hundreds of other reasons why the streets might be wet could be. The street cleaner machine comes around occasionally but just wets the gutters and a wee bit beyond. I suppose water cannons occasionally do.the job. And tsunamis? And ice melting on a hot spring day. An over zealous car washer using a hose? Overflowing sewer. Burst water main. But beyond that? 999.times out of 1000 or much.more the street gets wet because of rain.

Edited by Francis Albert

On 15/07/2020 at 16:28, OTT said:

That is disgusting reading. Replace where it says black with white and you're genuinely talking about some pseudo-nazi-eugenics style thinking.  Its absolute poison.

The fact that people like that are able to climb to the top of these organisations is deeply worrying. None of that disgusting word soup lends credibility to the BLM movement. I watched the George Floyd murder and it made me feel physically sick. There is an absolute need for a movement like BLM over in the states. We're not talking about one isolated incident. Its not regular either but it is regular enough to highlight the need for change. Chris Rock has a great bit where he talks about Airline pilots and how they don't have 'bad eggs' because if they did a lot of people would die. I think the same of Police. Its not a profession where bad eggs can be tolerated. IIRC the Netherlands have very intense psychological tests officers need to sit to even get into the Academy to weed out these sorts. Certainly something they could look into. Credibility is incredibly important as change doesn't just happen, it needs wide ranging support as that lends the cause credibility. Frankly ridiculous statements like the post you've quoted quite rightly scares credible people away from getting behind them. That woman should be nowhere near the BLM movement. 

These calls to 'defund the police' seem lacking in credibility too. Like it requires too much explanation. Well defund what? Demilitarising the Police clarifies it better and should really IMO be the slogan they get behind. Ironically, defunding is the worst thing they could do. Its incredibly doubtful that cuts would come from the more militarised aspects of the police force, more than likely it would be essential services like mental health training or other areas which attempt to promote positive social engagement with communities. It should be about promoting training in deescalation, increasing the length of time they are trainees etc. People more in tune with this will have better ideas than me. 

Anyway, she's disgusting and doing the BLM movement zero favours at a time where people reluctant for change are trying to dig their heels in. She's just handed them a massive 'we have no credibility' banner on a silver platter.

I agree with everything you say.

The BLM movement generally in Toronto has widespread support across the entire community, but the local leadership of the movement is shrill, fanatical and intolerant and are not doing the movement any favours by their behaviour.  They have lost credibility because of racist crap like you referred to from Yusra Ali. Their only approach to anything is loud and confrontational, which might work for a little while, but in the end it will turn people away.

Francis Albert

Caught a bit of the coverage of practice for the Hungarian grand prix today as the cricket was rained off. This supposed sport must be the most capitalist of all sports. Yet Lewis Hamilton while bedecked head to toe with every symbol  of well paying  capitalism does the black panther salute and takes the knee in support of BLM, when one of the core aims of the organisation bearing that name  is to overthrow capitalism. Strange

Edited by Francis Albert

The Mayor of Portland, Oregon is furious and demanding that Trump withdraws all federal agents.

This is after snatch squads of federal agents from several different bureaus have been snatching people off the street.

In tactical camo gear.

In unmarked vans.

Without reading rights.

Throwing hoods over suspects.

Zip-tying hands and feet.

Releasing them without charge a few hours later.

All of this without the Mayor's knowledge or consent.

The Oregon State Attorney General is in the process of suing the federal government over this blatantly illegal and unconstitutional suppression.

Trump's playing politics, over-riding local law enforcement in a Democrat-run City and State to appear to be laying down the law.

This is nothing to do with law enforcement but 100% to do with politics with both eyes firmly on the election in November.

Derek Chauvin will benefit from due process of law to defend himself from these allegations. He will not be summarily executed by law enforcement.

Fired Minneapolis officer Derek Chauvin, wife charged with tax crimes

They underreported more than $460,000 in earnings and owe the government nearly $38,000, according to the charges.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
39 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Derek Chauvin will benefit from due process of law to defend himself from these allegations. He will not be summarily executed by law enforcement.

Fired Minneapolis officer Derek Chauvin, wife charged with tax crimes

They underreported more than $460,000 in earnings and owe the government nearly $38,000, according to the charges.

Kills a guy for passing a shoddy $20 bill. Meanwhile, underreporting his earnings by a cool half mil over six years. Nice guy.

Shooting at BLM protest in Austin Texas late last night.

A Black Lives Matter protest in Austin, Texas, turned deadly late Saturday after a motorist tried to drive through the crowd and then allegedly shot a demonstrator.

Video of the incident.

6 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Another lefty gimp who played with matches and got burned quite badly.

I'm not clear what you're trying to say. You like people being shot? Protesters deserve to be shot? The shooter is justified driving a car into a crowd then killing someone?

Or something else?

8 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

That's really ****ing disgusting.

People have the "gall" to protest, as is their constitutional right, an utter ******* tries to run them over and then shoots at them, killing one, and you come out with "lefty gimp."

Get to ****.

Marty Byrde
29 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

That's really ****ing disgusting.

People have the "gall" to protest, as is their constitutional right, an utter ******* tries to run them over and then shoots at them, killing one, and you come out with "lefty gimp."

Get to ****.

I know right, he was just peacefully shooting his peaceful machine gun at a car, in a peaceful way.

The motorist should have done the right thing after being fired at, and let the mob trash his car and give him a doing.

:laugh:

P.S Stick me on ignore son as I clearly bust your melon something awfy. Thinking of you here.

:kirklol:

11 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

I know right, he was just peacefully shooting his peaceful machine gun at a car, in a peaceful way.

The motorist should have done the right thing after being fired at, and let the mob trash his car and give him a doing.

The actual **** are you on about? Nobody shot at the driver. The driver honked and sped towards the protesters, tires screeching, before opening fire moments later. Unprovoked. The man who was murdered was pushing his fiancée's wheelchair just prior. What an aggressive act. Then after the motorist had scattered the crowd, tires pealing, the victim approached the car. With weapon drawn? Nope. He was fired on and killed without so much as a warning. By a coward.

Why lie about a man's death?

11 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

P.S Stick me on ignore son as I clearly bust your melon something awfy. Thinking of you here.

See I'll let you in on a little secret: Your need to lie about the circumstances of a murder to try to impugn "lefty gimps" shows you up as the worst sort of person.

That you'd lie and think you're clever or funny for winding up someone capable of a bit of empathy for a murdered human being—regardless of their political persuasion—just shows it further.

Edited by Justin Z

1 hour ago, Marty Byrde said:

WTF are you on about? 

30 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

:kirklol:

What machine gun?

(I mean what machine gun was discharged?)

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What machine gun?

(I mean what machine gun was discharged?)

None was, nor was one even raised or aimed. Only a handgun was. Fired from the same car driven by the same arsehole who tried to run over a group of people moments before.

Marty Byrde
10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What machine gun?

This one m8.

Ed1wYFWXkAAFThe?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Can also hear two different caliber gunfire in the video, first a rifle the second a pistol but I wouldn't exactly say I'm Rambo or anything. What do you think?

Peaceful protester.

Edited by Marty Byrde

1 minute ago, Marty Byrde said:

This one m8.

Ed1wYFWXkAAFThe?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Can also hear two different caliber gunfire in the video, first a rifle the second a pistol but I wouldn't exactly say I'm Rambo or anything. What do you think?

Peaceful protester.

Honestly can’t believe you are scrambling around trying to justify murder on political grounds. 

Just now, Marty Byrde said:

Ok m8 👍

It is. You are trying to justify cold blooded murder on the basis of left and right political persuasion. ****ing contemptible.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Another car driven into a crowd of people. So much energy used in analysing whites, blacks, alt-right, Muslim jihadists etc. Nowhere near enough attention being used on asking why is it men? Almost always men. Why are men so easily radicalized online, no matter what the cause?

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Gun is pointed at the ground in all those photos.

But a peaceful protester with a machine gun???

1 minute ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Another car driven into a crowd of people. So much energy used in analysing whites, blacks, alt-right, Muslim jihadists etc. Nowhere near enough attention being used on asking why is it men? Almost always men. Why are men so easily radicalized online, no matter what the cause?

All I see there is a guy being murdered in cold blood. Another human being lifting a firearm and firing it at another human being with the intention of ending their life. It’s absolutely horrific. For folk to say the victim “deserved” it, because they are presumably “left” wing in their politics is frankly disgusting.

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

But a peaceful protester with a machine gun???

It’s Texas isn’t it? I’m assuming every fifth person is carrying one. Does not justify shooting to kill at someone.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s Texas isn’t it? I’m assuming every fifth person is carrying one. Does not justify shooting to kill at someone.

Of course it doesn't.

I don't presume every fifth person was carrying a machine gun, why would peacefull protesters be armed? 

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You might be underestimating, tbh.