• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

105705856_10216697041479865_4384783792717783508_n.jpg

Chuck you seem really exercised by this Bubba Wallace thing. Of course, Jussie Smollett and Wallace have nothing whatsoever to do with each other, well, except for one thing.

The two situations don't even begin to compare--Bubba didn't discover the "noose" himself, but rather had it reported to him. He reacted like anyone put in his position would, thinking he had been targeted. So why are you so wound up?

Go on, you can spill it. We're all Jambos here. 

I asked this on the Trump thread because I couldn't find this one.

I'll ask again here...

Given Chauvin's record of misconduct, would a 3 strikes policy work for law enforcement officers?

1 hour ago, Boof said:

I'll ask again here...

Given Chauvin's record of misconduct, would a 3 strikes policy work for law enforcement officers?

Doubtful; it'd only make them act in a worse manner re covering things up.

Three strikes doesn't work. If you are on your third strike, you will do anything not to get arrested. Which is why there are so many violent crimes and arrests.

28 minutes ago, Cade said:

Doubtful; it'd only make them act in a worse manner re covering things up.

Three strikes doesn't work. If you are on your third strike, you will do anything not to get arrested. Which is why there are so many violent crimes and arrests.

Aye - I think the three strikes is a complete load of pish but could it possibly encourage LEOs to act in such a manner that they don't get any strikes? This Chauvin guy was - as far asI can tell - in the high teens of misconduct charges.  Surely someone should have been overseeing that he was (or certainly appeared to be) a wrong 'un...AND doing something about it.

Having three strikes would also mean that each "strike" would only be applied for serious breaches, all the minor stuff would just get ignored under a three strikes system but under current regulations will result in sanctioning.

Like when a ref is deciding whether to give a 2nd yellow or not, they let things go that would normally result in a 1st yellow.

So the Burnley clown and girlfriend were sacked from jobs despite no crime per police but black power salutes are all hunky dory. Not quite squaring that one.

The Real Maroonblood
25 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

So the Burnley clown and girlfriend were sacked from jobs despite no crime per police but black power salutes are all hunky dory. Not quite squaring that one.

I couldn’t careless what they did but getting sacked.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they take this to an industrial tribunal and win it.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A big unfare dismissal claim coming.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Well, the silly banner hardly constituted gross misconduct. I didn't see the name of any employers on the thing.

5 minutes ago, the general said:

Pretty mental scenes in Brixton last night

The blm nonsense here is just degenerating into general lawlessness and lack of respect for police. Could be a permanent fixture.

11 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Famously, the Bundestag put this to a democratic vote before action was taken :rolleyes: :rofl:

Image may contain: 4 people, outdoor, text that says "HISTORY BEING ERASED IN 1989. NOW NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THIS IS."

There's a whole **** ton of people who have no idea what that is. 

Ainsley Harriott
22 minutes ago, the general said:

Pretty mental scenes in Brixton last night

Poor scones will be the rest of societies doing. Those young black lads must be the victims

13 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

There's a whole **** ton of people who have no idea what that is. 

Going by the clothes my  guess would be it's Aberdeen fans putting the finishing touches to their state of the art £50m stadium. 

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Well, the silly banner hardly constituted gross misconduct. I didn't see the name of any employers on the thing.

Exactly. 

Farcical. 

4 hours ago, Boof said:

I'll ask again here...

Don't see why not. Should never have been a copper in the first place. 

You really should have some good qualifications to be a cop. And people skills. 

Big Ronnie Coleman is a very good example of what a copper should be. A Gentleman. 

Steroid taking aside. 

Edited by ri Alban

33 minutes ago, Cade said:

Brixton was nothing to do with BLM.

It was an illegal rave.

Best discussed in the pandemic thread.

I get it wasn't directly related but increased violence on police is surely a spin off. The whole thing is a potential crime fest. 

Edited by JackLadd

41 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Where's the do-gooders claiming the riots in Brixton last night were just disadvantaged youths. 

Import the third world... Get the third world. 

Don't think anyone would defend the gang violence in Angel Town. Its a proper shithole with huge gang issues, they held a massive music event that may or may not have purely been there to lure the police in. 

Brixton is a great spot to spend an afternoon but like most places in London, struggles with gang violence. The people growing up in Angel Town are certainly disadvantaged though, if you're unlucky enough to be born in these communities your chances of getting out are slim. Its a totally different mindset from mine  - I wouldn't even pretend to understand any of London's race issues, nor would I blame it on the third world. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Just now, The Brow said:

Don't think anyone would defend the gang violence in Angel Town. Its a proper shithole with huge gang issues, they held a massive music event that may or may not have purely been there to lure the police in. 

Brixton is a great spot to spend an afternoon but like most places in London, struggles with gang violence. The people growing up in Angel Town are certainly disadvantaged though, if you're unlucky enough to be born in these communities your chances of getting out are slim. Its a totally different mindset from mine  - I wouldn't even pretend to understand any of London's race issues, nor would I blame it on the third world. 

Good post. 

But much more thoughtful and considered than the one you quoted deserved. 🙂

22 minutes ago, The Brow said:

I wouldn't even pretend to understand any of London's race issues, nor would I blame it on the third world.

That's because you're not a racist. :smile:

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

That's because you're not a racist. :smile:

ah yes. 

Well there is that 😄

I play football with a lot of black guys who are in and around shit areas with large gang issues. Most are genuinely sound and just get on with life as best they can. Each and everyone of them, however, wouldn't call the police if they were in trouble, ever. That has to change but I don't know how. They could start without profiling but then those in favour say that it is all stats based, which it is, but that in itself just spirals into the same behaviours as the stats don't have any context. 

Its very, very complicated. I find it interesting how its, generally, perceived in Scotland as to down here. Having black friends telling you the problems they have faced from the police definitely makes you see things in a different light. My mate Bas is from Sri Lanka,  earlier this year, we were walking down the street and someone yelled '******' out a window. Utterly bonkers behaviour but he says it happens all the time. 

Some folk think the UK doesn't have racism issues. Eh? 

AlL LiVEs MaTTeR

Francis Albert
On 25/06/2020 at 12:16, Cade said:

Brixton was nothing to do with BLM.

It was an illegal rave.

Best discussed in the pandemic thread.

The sight of police standing by while mobs indulge in criminal activity will inevitably encourage others to indulge in criminal activity.

BLM UK is not just a spontaneous uprising of the dispossessed outraged by events in Minneapolis.. It is a well organised movement whose stated aims are to overthrow capitalism and British institutions like Parliamentary democracy, the police and legal system. Anarchists in short who will be delighted by the Brixton events.

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The sight of police standing by while mobs indulge in criminal activity will inevitably encourage others to indulge in criminal activity.

BLM UK is not just a spontaneous uprising of the dispossessed outraged by events in Minneapolis.. It is a well organised movement whose stated aims are to overthrow capitalism and British institutions like Parliamentary democracy, the police and legal system. Anarchists in short who will be delighted by the Brixton events.

If what you’re saying about BLM UK is correct COVID-19 and Minneapolis was an opportunity for this movement to kick off.

I would suspect the security service is aware of this.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Cade said:

:conspiracy:

It's all a communist plot!

Grow up FFS

More anarchist than communist. Check out the BLMUK Facebook page.

Of course that may be a plant by the security services to discredit BLMUK ("It's a conspiracy!"). 

Of course the vast majority of protesters don't believe that shit … the BLMUK hard core will view them as "useful idiots" much  like the followers of Stalin and Mao and Hitler who remained loyal to the cause  long after their atrocities became known.

Edited by Francis Albert

Graphic design is obviously this guy's passion. :lol: Between this, and all the Hun comments below Sevco's tweets about Jermaine Defoe's support of kneeling pre-game--"#AllLivesMatter", "I only kneel to the Queen", etc.--at least you know who you stand with if you do the same.

:greggy:

Image may contain: text

jack D and coke
On 13/06/2020 at 14:30, Pasquale for King said:

But they’re not all bad according to some. 

Weejy polis are utter scum. Always have been. 

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

More anarchist than communist. Check out the BLMUK Facebook page.

Of course that may be a plant by the security services to discredit BLMUK ("It's a conspiracy!"). 

Of course the vast majority of protesters don't believe that shit … the BLMUK hard core will view them as "useful idiots" much  like the followers of Stalin and Mao and Hitler who remained loyal to the cause  long after their atrocities became known.

The hard core of BLM in London appear to be from the Black Revs who I think formed from a Black caucus break away from the SWP. I've lost touch a bit in the last 10-15 years but it really looks to me like there are attempts to mainstream this movement. The Patrick Hutchinson photo opportunity with Bryn Male, Millwall hooligan and ex copper, caught by Reuters leading photographer while the Police looked on, stinks of set up to me. Of course I may just be an old cynic. The other alternative is worse to be honest.

4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Interesting use of the pejorative expression ‘hun’ by the guardian of liberal values.

I wasn't sure which simple illustration of the fallacy of your implication fit better, so here, have both.

So much for the tolerant left : ToiletPaperUSA

https://i.redd.it/oyikgkc522r21.jpg

P.S. I'm not a liberal. :thumbsup:

jack D and coke

I’m seeing all this “spend your money in black businesses” now carry on and I’m surely not the only one thinking this isnt right, this is proper, in your face, blatant racism! Surely?! How are they getting away with this??? :lol: Outrageous!? No??! Am I a white privileged racist?? Am I not “woke” Should a black person not employ me -and instead look to find a black person? Is this not what they’re going on about??? This is ok? Surely not?!!

If this is all about bringing us together they’re doing a ****ing good job of dividing us all. 

jack D and coke

During the riots black businesses putting up signs saying “this is a black run business” meaning don’t smash my windows or loot my shop but whitey next door is all cool😂

Bernie Eccleston right?

Libertarian
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m seeing all this “spend your money in black businesses” now carry on and I’m surely not the only one thinking this isnt right, this is proper, in your face, blatant racism! Surely?! How are they getting away with this??? :lol: Outrageous!? No??! Am I a white privileged racist?? Am I not “woke” Should a black person not employ me -and instead look to find a black person? Is this not what they’re going on about??? This is ok? Surely not?!!

If this is all about bringing us together they’re doing a ****ing good job of dividing us all. 

You are absolutely correct. I haven't got a racist bone in my body but BLM just fills me with despair as they represent identity politics on steroids. Judging people on their race is never a good idea. We are all human beings end of 

26 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t know and am not really sure🤷🏻‍♂️

Black people supporting black businesses isn’t a new concept. it’s basically support community message. 

It’s something we see from other groups of people a lot. ‘Buy British’ and was even campaign by indepedence supporters about supporting Scottish business and boycotting others 

I guess those supporting the view would argue its positive discrimination. I’m not sure the way to combat discrimination, is with discrimination no matter how much I may understand the rational 

I have said previously on this thread I’m not sure what BLM aims are it seems more an outpouring of anger than to actually addressing issues. 

Sadly I find myself agreeing with your last para. There is a very much a ‘not with us your against us mentality’ which I really don’t think is great for try to ensure equality and equal opportunities. It’s a incredibly complex subject which people seem intent to boil down to binary issue. 

As side note I note the Simpsons are going to stop having white actors voice characters of race. 

The Scottish independence campaign was against 'Britishising' Scottish products, backed by WM Unionist creeps born in Scotland. 

"Buy Black" can either be viewed as the black community being urged to help bring each other up by investing in their own community OR can be viewed as an active boycott of all non-black companies. 

The true intent will change from person to person.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Cade said:

"Buy Black" can either be viewed as the black community being urged to help bring each other up by investing in their own community OR can be viewed as an active boycott of all non-black companies. 

The true intent will change from person to person.

In other words it’s a lot of cobblers.

GlasgoJambo
36 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I have said previously on this thread I’m not sure what BLM aims are it seems more an outpouring of anger than to actually addressing issues. 

I think you’ll find this interesting. I know it’s a big ask to expect someone to listen to a lengthy YouTube video posted by a random on a message board, but as a contextual analysis of the protests - at least from the American perspective - I think there are some compelling observations.

GlasgoJambo
15 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Graphic design is obviously this guy's passion. :lol: Between this, and all the Hun comments below Sevco's tweets about Jermaine Defoe's support of kneeling pre-game--"#AllLivesMatter", "I only kneel to the Queen", etc.--at least you know who you stand with if you do the same.

Similarly, free speech advocacy makes for unusual bedfellows. 

37 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Scottish independence campaign was against 'Britishising' Scottish products, backed by WM Unionist creeps born in Scotland. 

😃 Its's important to have that constant reminder that anything bad in Scotland is because of WM or Unionists.

2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

😃 Its's important to have that constant reminder that anything bad in Scotland is because of WM or Unionists.

:spoton:

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Its the 21st Century encapsulated.

If black folks want to use black only businesses, then horse on. 

jack D and coke
46 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Its the 21st Century encapsulated.

If black folks want to use black only businesses, then horse on. 

How about they start practising what they’re preaching instead? I’d absolutely love to see some prominent White sportsmen and pop stars etc do the same. 
There would be meltdown and well you know it. 
They are racists these BLM lot. They are making things worse. 
Still can’t believe the “this is a black business” signs in their windows. If that didn’t put in plain sight what was going on here nothing will. Outrageous.