Black Lives Matter Protest.

Ainsley Harriott

Nucky Thompson
14 minutes ago, parker said:

The state of some of the people in here. It's like a who's who of the Kickback angry white men club. 

Enjoy your irrelevance. 🥩

Away and get angry at some old statues looney 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

skynews-winston-churchill-statue_5011530

:jjyay:

To be fair, I'm sure a wee bit of freshly painted context wouldn't harm the bejowled old racist? I'm sure it'd wash off - the Thames is only a few metres away. 

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, parker said:

The state of some of the people in here. It's like a who's who of the Kickback angry white men club. 

Categorising a group because of their skin colour. RACIST!!!!!

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, parker said:

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Took the boy two swings in the space of a few minutes and he still embarrassed himself. :lol: No wonder these statues are getting washed so easily if this is the resistance.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, parker said:

Took the boy two swings in the space of a few minutes and he still embarrassed himself. :lol: No wonder these statues are getting washed so easily if this is the resistance.

What are you on about?

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a lot of cobblers.

I know, he's a fecking hypocrite. 

Replace black with white in his sentence and the post would get shot down in flames

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Replace black with white in his sentence and the post would get shot down in flames

Exactly.

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, parker said:

Angry white mens club🙄 Some would call you out for racism in that wording, I’ll not lower myself. I’m angry at the thugs going out and causing destruction and vandalism to these statues. If they want them brought down, they should go about in a civilised manner and through the appropriate channels.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, parker said:

:rofl:

Rip doon the statues :vangry:

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Angry white mens club🙄 Some would call you out for racism in that wording, I’ll not lower myself. I’m angry at the thugs going out and causing destruction and vandalism to these statues. If they want them brought down, they should go about in a civilised manner and through the appropriate channels.

Well I look forward to those with the courage of their convictions to come forward and say what they really think. Shame you won't.

In the meantime..

Colston.jpg?w968h681

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yup, just try not to lower yourself to their level.

luckyBatistuta

Well I look forward to those with the courage of their convictions to come forward and say what they really think. Shame you won't.

In the meantime..

Colston.jpg?w968h681

So you seem to be suggesting that you know what I really think, let’s see your courage then?

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So you seem to be suggesting that you know what I really think, let’s see your courage then?

Sound buddy. I've put my thoughts below.

Spoiler

ggov7xcucaeenqzv_1591564703.jpeg?tr=w-81

Captain Sausage
14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yup, just try not to lower yourself to their level.

👍

Edited by Captain Sausage

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, parker said:

Sound buddy. I've put my thoughts below.

Hide contents

ggov7xcucaeenqzv_1591564703.jpeg?tr=w-81

So exactly what I thought. Someone who claims to have the courage, but has absolutely none. 

Nucky Thompson
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

So exactly what I thought. Someone who claims to have the courage, but has absolutely none. 

Aye. Statues can't fight back

luckyBatistuta
23 minutes ago, parker said:

In the meantime..

Colston.jpg?w968h681

17 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Still waiting, what am I thinking oh courageous one?

Tick Tock

Well this has been fun. I'm off with my pals Jeremy C and Owen J to get some last minute rope and spray paint shopping in before tomorrow. 

Delighted the silent majority are taking matters into their own hands while the Tommy Robinson wannabees cry on Kickback about following process.

Rule Britannia. 

Nucky Thompson

Hopefully the Police start becoming more heavy handed on the 'protesters'

Bring out the riot gear

Act like savages, get treated like savages

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, parker said:

Well this has been fun. I'm off with my pals Jeremy C and Owen J to get some last minute rope and spray paint shopping in before tomorrow. 

Delighted the silent majority are taking matters into their own hands while the Tommy Robinson wannabees cry on Kickback about following process.

Rule Britannia. 

:rofl:

Nucky Thompson

I'm off with my pals Jeremy C and Owen J to get some last minute rope and spray paint shopping in before tomorrow. 

:rofl:You're a day late. They brought forward the protest by 24 hours because they were scared of the counter protest by the Tommy Robinson wannabes 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:rofl:You're a day late. They brought forward the protest by 24 hours because they were scared of the counter protest by the Tommy Robinson wannabes 

The poster is definitely a fruit loop.
I’m sure the person also posts with another username.

Nucky Thompson
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

That's exactly what I was thinking

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, parker said:

Rule Britannia. 

I’ll say what I think you’re thinking... I’m a sad little individual who has no facts to back up any of my posts. 

What I’m thinking...You have to be one of the most pathetic posters on this thread.

doctor jambo

see the statue of Robert the Bruce has been defaced. He was a "racist king" apparantly....

Rewind over a century and most of the country was overtly racist.

Even now huge swathes of the world are racist.

I fail to be convinced that peoples lives are generally so devoid of real issues that they can take offence at things that happened to relatives of theirs who were compost long before they were brought into being.

Is racial reconcilliation predicated on the destruction of monuments to people whos thoughts were very much normal at the time?

There would be nothing left of history

47 minutes ago, parker said:

In the meantime..

Colston.jpg?w968h681

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, parker said:

:lol:

You say that as if there's anything wrong with angry white men.

17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It'll be some chap from another Hearts forum doing a spot of gentle trolling, or that Italian priest fellow, or both.

23 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Damn - thought I was being subtle! My other username is 'Churchill Sleeps With The Fishes 1874'. Thank god you and picked-last-for-everything Nucky T cracked the case. 

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not at all. Some of my best friends are angry white men.

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It'll be some chap from another Hearts forum doing a spot of gentle trolling, or that Italian priest fellow, or both.

That roaster is a possibility.

I was raised in Edinburgh, strolled around the downtown area, where many of the statues are/were located, and I don't recall ever looking at them with any interest, they were there and seemed to have always been there, I honestly wonder if other than an act of defiance on behalf of BLM it will make any difference to the general public or their views. I used to do something similar as a bairn in the pram throw my toys out to show my mother who was boss, I found rather quickly that she was well aware of her position and my action had absolutely no affect on the standing situation ,could the statue thing have a similar result with the general population.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I was raised in Edinburgh, strolled around the downtown area, where many of the statues are/were located, and I don't recall ever looking at them with any interest, they were there and seemed to have always been there, I honestly wonder if other than an act of defiance on behalf of BLM it will make any difference to the general public or their views. I used to do something similar as a bairn in the pram throw my toys out to show my mother who was boss, I found rather quickly that she was well aware of her position and my action had absolutely no affect on the standing situation ,could the statue thing have a similar result with the general population.

I'm the same, I never took any notice of the statues in Edinburgh.

Over the last few days you'll have had weirdos sitting in their bedrooms on their laptops googling every statue in the UK looking for things to get offended about

Governor Tarkin

Not at all. Some of my best friends are angry white men.

:D

46 minutes ago, parker said:

Alban, don't open the spoiler below. Seriously - I'm saying it as a friend who's worried about your mental health. You seem like you're on the edge and I'm worried opening might make you do something stupid like posting your thoughts on Kickback again.

Hide contents

Churchill-and-Stalin-002.jpg

"What's that, boy? You want to go for a swim? In the Thames? I'll get my comrades on it."

Ach, well, I tried. :(

I find it distasteful that someone uses the cruelty of mental health problems as a snide way of insulting another poster. I have a number of friends and my now gone elder sister who suffered from dementia. They were not mentally disturbed people they were victims of a mental health issue that came with age. 

The two men in the picture were heroes for what they done dispatching from this planet the little fascist nazi Hitler. Unfortunately Stalin later became or at least it became known that he was just another Hitler with a different political view, and little else different. You certainly are a trying individual.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, benny said:

Hard to imagine but this thread is getting worse.

Just ignore the nosey one. 

luckyBatistuta
13 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I find it distasteful that someone uses the cruelty of mental health problems as a snide way of insulting another poster. I have a number of friends and my now gone elder sister who suffered from dementia. They were not mentally disturbed people they were victims of a mental health issue that came with age. 

The two men in the picture were heroes for what they done dispatching from this planet the little fascist nazi Hitler. Unfortunately Stalin later became or at least it became known that he was just another Hitler with a different political view, and little else different. You certainly are a trying individual.

Disgusting Bob, he’s been trolling all over this thread. He doesn’t seem to care who he upsets and no depth he won’t go to in his quest for a reaction. Where are the mods?

Jambo-Jimbo
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Disgusting Bob, he’s been trolling all over this thread. He doesn’t seem to care who he upsets and no depth he won’t go to in his quest for a reaction. Where are the mods?

Exactly, he's picking on multiple posters hoping that someone reacts and says something that will get them banned.

Surely that's against the rules to deliberately goad other posters, like you say, where are the mods?

21 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I'm no the one to ask that,😁, you notice how polite my answers have been, . I am sure trolling must be an offence. 

Ibrahim Tall
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm the same, I never took any notice of the statues in Edinburgh.

Yep. Even the ‘Dundas’’ statue, despite being in the square god knows how many times up until last week I couldn’t have told you who was on top of the column if you’d paid me.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I'm no the one to ask that,😁, you notice how polite my answers have been, . I am sure trolling must be an offence. 

It is indeed 😊👍

6 hours ago, redjambo said:

For those interested in modern slavery, the Wikipedia page is a good a one to start with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_slavery

It includes the following:

"Since slavery has been officially abolished, enslavement no longer revolves around legal ownership, but around illegal control."

We still have a way to go.

Theres a blind eye and a deaf ear for modern slaves .

25% of whom are children.

Amounts to 10 million child slaves .

We are miles away .

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

If nobody paid any attention to the statues and nobody knew who they were before, what difference does it make if they're taken down now as a statement of reparation?

3 hours ago, parker said:

Damn - thought I was being subtle! My other username is 'Churchill Sleeps With The Fishes 1874'. Thank god you and picked-last-for-everything Nucky T cracked the case. 

Bless you sweetheart, your trolling is P5 level...

6 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I have just read  few days of posts, and would like to make a couple of comments. A couple of post s have stated there was no slavery in Britain. I think of the wee boys who were sent up chimneys to clean them, I don't think they had a union or minimum wage rules.

My own father raised in a mining community, his father at one stage had the contract to go into the mines and get what wasn't enough for the owners to pay miners to do. My father still a child and his older brother were the labour for this venture, small if any capital investment for that from the father.

Black face, again as a child we went guising, one of the favorite make up was either shoe polish or soot to blacken our faces. This was not a racist statement by us, but in a way it was. Black people in the movie business were not the Sydney Poitiers Denzel Washingtons etc, they were generally the subject of jokes, insults, and being demeaned, but we as kids loved them because they were generally funny, and seemed to our unformed as yet minds happy.

There is some talk at least here that the cop and Floyd knew each other from working security in the same night club, and that there was bad feeling, the person who started this rumor has now stated he was confused about the people and the assertion was wrong.

Demonstrators have now taken over an area in Seattle Washington. This has caused a police precinct to be abandoned, the authorities are prepared to live with it, I am sure realising if they do nothing the motive of the demonstrators to get the police to react with tear gas and rubber bullets becomes redundant and time will without action be the solution. President Trump  has warned if they do nothing he will and will move in the military.

I personally am quite surprised at the number of extremely violent police arrests that have been filmed but either not shown or just ignored by most of us .

As far as the criminal record of the deceased I had wondered about that, there were veiled comments but nothing direct. From the good graces of a member on here I was furnished with the full record.  There was no doubt in my mind that there was a period when he was not a pillar of society. There was also a period it seems when he was trying to achieve that status. Whatever his status in the eyes of we members of the public as individuals it is not the responsibility or duty for the police to invoke their opinion of a persons character and how that influences how they treat them be it mentally or physically.

The US police it has to be said face a level of potential violence daily that war like in some areas.

No doubt there are some who shouldnt be in the job but theres bound to be times when they get nipped.

The US is militarized.

In a way its surprising theres not more deaths at the hands of the police.

7 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

If nobody paid any attention to the statues and nobody knew who they were before, what difference does it make if they're taken down now as a statement of reparation?

:spoton: