Black Lives Matter Protest.

Ainsley Harriott

Ainsley Harriott

I'm thinking of having a wee house party tonight but will make it a BLM gathering. That makes it ok right?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Funny how complaining about anti-racism protests and anti-Scotland posts go hand in hand. Unionists really are a sad bunch

Funny how separatists will jump on any left wing cause that's going in a rather obviously fake way. Seems to go hand in hand.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Funny how complaining about anti-racism protests and anti-Scotland posts go hand in hand. Unionists really are a sad bunch

I want a protest to force the SG to allow the opening of Beer Gardens immediately.

The other protests can GTF.

spirt of 98
On 18/06/2020 at 11:58, Cade said:

Dominic Raab thinks that taking a knee comes from Game of Thrones and is a symbol of submission

:vrface:

Good lad DR don’t take the knee for anyone bar asking his wife to marry him and for the Queen. I won’t be dictated to by anyone either. If I feel like taking the knee I will if I want to clap for the NHS I will. If I am told to do these things it means nothing. For clarity I won’t be taking the knee..... for nae one bar Sir Rudolph  Skacel! 

Edited by spirt of 98

1 minute ago, spirt of 98 said:

Good lad DR don’t take the knee for anyone bar asking his wife to marry him and for the Queen. I won’t be dictated to by anyone either. If I feel like taking the knee I will if I want to clap for the NHS I will. If I am told to do these things it means nothing. For clarity I won’t be taking the knee..... for nae one bar Sir Rudolph  Skacel! 

Does taking the knee for the Queen not come under submission. Weirdos kneeling for these people. 

spirt of 98
Just now, ri Alban said:

Does taking the knee for the Queen not come under submission. Weirdos kneeling for these people. 

Don’t know don’t care, if I decide to do it I’ll do it. I won’t be dictated to by anyone. There more bang on about it the more I dig in and think f.... off! 

seriously this movement is typical of the millennials always want to be offended and if there nothing to be offended about they latch on to other people’s struggles to give themselves something to moan about. 

Just now, spirt of 98 said:

Don’t know don’t care, if I decide to do it I’ll do it. I won’t be dictated to by anyone. There more bang on about it the more I dig in and think f.... off! 

seriously this movement is typical of the millennials always want to be offended and if there nothing to be offended about they latch on to other people’s struggles to give themselves something to moan about. 

The only time I'd bow for a king, is when I go for his nose. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I bow to no other human being.

You beat me to it.

It’s a lot crap bowing.

9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You beat me to it.

It’s a lot crap bowing.

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I bow to no other human being.

Unless your wives kick ye in the baws. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

What I find sad is that many Scottish Nationalists seem to see everything through a Nationalist prism. So everything (a racist killing in Minneapolis and BLM/anti imperialist protests, Coronavirus, Brexit etc ) all become Nationalist vs Unionist issues.

The term anti-Scotland (no doubt soon to be applied to this post) is also a strange one. . What exactly does it mean? Does it just mean Unionist? If so  the majority of Scottish voters are anti-Scotland.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I want the SG to deport all traitors. Round them up! 

What's the definition of a traitor in this initiative?

1 hour ago, red21 said:

What's the definition of a traitor in this initiative?

Anyone who asks for the definition of a traitor.

Francis Albert
On 19/06/2020 at 14:54, I P Knightley said:

I've been reading that there are moves to abolish "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" from being sung by England rugby supporters. I wonder if we could throw in a request for Flower of Scotland at the same time?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53096584

What's making me smile is the avoidance of confronting the reason that the song made its way into the Twickenham crowds. It's been a 'rugby' song as long as I've been involved in the game - i.e. the 1970s in Edinburgh. It has nothing to do with English rugby* and everything to do with the Juan King hand gesture to accompany "coming for to carry me home". 

* Some would claim (and the man does himself) that it really caught on at Twickenham when Martin 'Chariots' Offiah played there in a Middlesex sevens tournament. A few drunken wags in the crowd made the link between his nickname and the song we'd all sung in rugby clubhouses and on buses for years before that. If, instead of Offiah, it had been someone called something like Abe Lincoln playing, the 'official' song of the RFU crowds could have been Father Abraham. 

There's absolutely no excuse for Flower of Scotland; we got by perfectly well with Scotland the Brave through the 1970s. Harrrumph!!

OK I am losing touch. Why is banning an African-American  spiritual written by an ex-slave,  a protest song against slavery, being considered and debated? 

Francis Albert

For anyone interested in race, and the relations between the races, in America beyond a few words on a placard in a BLM demo I can't recommend highly enough the documentary film on BBC2 at 9.00 tonight "I am not your *****" based on an essay and interviews and media appearances by the author and "activist" (in todays terminology) James Baldwin.

Baldwin, who used the English language more powerfully than almost anyone of his time, or indeed any time, verbally eviscerates on a chat show a white Professor (from Harvard?) who dares to suggest that Baldwin belongs with him, as a fellow author and intellectual rather than with black protesters.

There is also a description of a meeting between leading black authors and activists (including Baldwin)  and the then Attorney General and President Kennedy's right hand man  Robert Kennedy which will surely destroy anyone's belief that RFK and by extension JFK  were "progressives" on race matters.

The background to the film is the Civil Rights movement, the assassinations and the riots of the 1960s.

In light of recent events the film makes you wonder how much has really changed in the last 50 years.

(And it is interesting  that one thing that has changed is that you can't use the historic,  then "respectful") word for black people at that time without being censored. An example of the ongoing distraction from real issues through virtue signalling rather than addressing the real problems).

Edited by Francis Albert

31 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Fully signed up now that ‘ distinguished author’ Irvine Welsh is on the case. Lobbying today to replace Dundas at the head of that column. And why not?

Irvine at the statue today. Noticed there's calls for Henry Dundas to be replaced with Jamaican slave Joseph Knight - thus the banners and flags .

Knight's freedom in 1778 through the Scottish courts, effectively abolished any claim to slavery in Scotland.

Joseph Knight's lawyer.... was Henry Dundas :biggrin:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
32 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

(And it is interesting  that one thing that has changed is that you can't use the historic,  then "respectful") word for black people at that time without being censored. An example of the ongoing distraction from real issues through virtue signalling rather than addressing the real problems).

This kind of thinking and language is one of the issues being protested IMO. 

White guys pontificating with "actually that word is fine, actually this used to be acceptable, actually that's virtue signalling, actually those are not the real issues you should be focussing on, actually let me tell you what the real problems are" and so on.

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

This kind of thinking and language is one of the issues being protested IMO. 

White guys pontificating with "actually that word is fine, actually this used to be acceptable, actually that's virtue signalling, actually those are not the real issues you should be focussing on, actually let me tell you what the real problems are" and so on.

This is a historic documentary about the 1960s. The censored word was the one commonly used by Martin Luther King. Should we censor his speeches too? I am not talking about the N word that was extremely offensive  back then as now, but the word black people then commonly used used to describe themselves.The word in the title of the documentary listed in every TV guide and airing tonight on BBC2, a film which with that title got an Oscar Nomination and a BAFTA.

Watch the film and learn a few things!

Edited by Francis Albert

Major incident at a BLM protest in Reading. Apparently number of standings. Air Ambulances in attendance. 
No other info at present.

Just what we need during this pandemic, putting emergency services workers under pressure and in danger. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Major incident at a BLM protest in Reading. Apparently number of standings. Air Ambulances in attendance. 

Just what we need during this pandemic, putting emergency services workers under pressure and in danger. 

A*******s.

9 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Most reports now say it has nothing to do with the protest that finished quite some time before it. 

Nucky Thompson

Fecking weirdos should have just stayed at home.

Race war they want, race war it seems they are going to get :facepalm:

17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Most reports now say it has nothing to do with the protest that finished quite some time before it. 

As ever with these incidents and reporting the story changes as more time passes. 

Police have launched an investigation at a park where a Black Lives Matters protest took place earlier.
Thames Valley Police said it was aware of reports of an incident in Forbury Gardens, Reading, amid reports of a multiple stabbing.
Two casualties are being treated at the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
Home Secretary Priti Patel tweeted to say she was "deeply concerned" to hear of the reports.
She added: "My thoughts are with everyone involved, including police and emergency responders at the scene."

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Police have launched an investigation at a park where a Black Lives Matters protest took place earlier.
Thames Valley Police said it was aware of reports of an incident in Forbury Gardens, Reading, amid reports of a multiple stabbing.
Two casualties are being treated at the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
Home Secretary Priti Patel tweeted to say she was "deeply concerned" to hear of the reports.
She added: "My thoughts are with everyone involved, including police and emergency responders at the scene."

“Deeply concerned.”

**** off.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Care to explain?

These assaults are happening all the time so she comes out with that.pish now.
Is that clear enough for you?

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

This is a historic documentary about the 1960s. The censored word was the one commonly used by Martin Luther King. Should we censor his speeches too? I am not talking about the N word that was extremely offensive  back then as now, but the word black people then commonly used used to describe themselves.The word in the title of the documentary listed in every TV guide and airing tonight on BBC2, a film which with that title got an Oscar Nomination and a BAFTA.

Watch the film and learn a few things!

Just watched it.

Powerful intelligent and a reminder of the crimes against humanity.

And the power of reasoned argument.

Good shout FA.

10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

These assaults are happening all the time so she comes out with that.pish now.
Is that clear enough for you?

Indeed they are. And always by Neanderthals. 

Reports (Telegraph) saying 3 dead. I was hoping 

these types of terror attacks had stopped. Sadly not. 

Three people have died in what is believed to have been a terror-related incident in Reading.

One person has been arrested and Sky News' home affairs correspondent Mark White has been told that early indications are the incident was terrorism.

Sky understands there have been three fatalities, but this has not been confirmed by police or emergency services.

The Press Association is reporting that the arrested man is Libyan.

36 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

This incident obviously on the wrong thread now. 

What?  When the ***** is stabbing people shouting lives for lives justice/ freedom for blacks?  **** off.  

Edited by Last Laff

10 hours ago, Last Laff said:

What?  When the ***** is stabbing people shouting lives for lives justice/ freedom for blacks?  **** off.  

Reports I’ve read don’t say what the Libyan was shouting. 

Mr Wort said: 'The park was pretty full. One group of friends were sitting drinking when one lone person walked through, suddenly shouted some unintelligible words and went around, trying to stab them.

Id be interested to read the report you are referencing. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

Governor Tarkin
26 minutes ago, weehammy said:

And if she said nothing no doubt you’d slag her for that too sadcase.

For clarification, Patel is a boot. 

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Careful, some on here will label you a racist!

I'm more than comfortable with that. 

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, jake said:

She has a lovely face tbf.

👍

She does indeed, jake. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, weehammy said:

And if she said nothing no doubt you’d slag her for that too sadcase.

:rofl:

I P Knightley
On 20/06/2020 at 16:46, Francis Albert said:

OK I am losing touch. Why is banning an African-American  spiritual written by an ex-slave,  a protest song against slavery, being considered and debated? 

Beats me. Some very thin skins out there, or they're desperate to be seen to be terribly right on. 

There's some who seem to believe it was only introduced to Twickenham when England selected the black player, Chris Oti and, therefore, that it's racist. As I mentioned before, it could date further back to when Martin Offiah played there; nothing to do with him being black, though, the guy's nickname is "Chariots".