Riots in Minneapolis

annushorribilis III

42 minutes ago, Tazio said:

In response to the rap issue. The classic gangster rap album was surely Straight Outta Compton by NWA. Where did that album and a lot of its anger come from? Daryl Gates’ LAPD. A police force that considered the general black and Hispanic population of LA as fair game in trying to take down gang culture. A targeting of young men as something to be done day to day creating huge resentment. Of course there is a certain element of egg or hen there but the dislike of the police didn’t come from a rappers pen, it was there before the lyrics. 

Is the misogynist lyrics police state inspired?

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Justin Z

• Sharpie

• The Internet

• alwaysthereinspirit

55 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You just sidestepped everything I said.

Tell you what though, why not quote me congratulating legions, should be easy to find if you're right. 

Attitude .

Well done legions for agreeing with me but dont forget you didnt.

Your last reply to him was riddled with that.

17 minutes ago, jake said:

Is the misogynist lyrics police state inspired?

Not at all and I don’t condone them. But that isn’t what you mentioned when you condemned rap music. 

17 minutes ago, jake said:

The facts dont support this post.

Democrats have done nothing for black Americans.

Except send them to prison and war.

Wake up .

Yes the system is broken for black people, always has been because of slavery.

A vote for the Democrats won't change things. They aren't protesting against the Republicans... 

1 minute ago, kila said:

Yes the system is broken for black people, always has been because of slavery.

A vote for the Democrats won't change things. They aren't protesting against the Republicans... 

Slavery is alive and well.

Slavery has been perpetrated throughout history.

It's a card played 

And bad policemen does not mean black Americans cant succeed.

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not at all and I don’t condone them. But that isn’t what you mentioned when you condemned rap music. 

So I suspect you think Trumps language inspires racism?

Or along those lines.

There are without doubt policing issues.

How many police officers in the US are black?

Police chiefs etc?

Its politically motivated and Biden trying to make political gain is a disgrace since his advocatin of imprisoning along with his black president record numbers of black people.

Black Americans need to vote anything but democrats imo.

Just now, jake said:

Or along those lines.

Police chiefs etc?

Its politically motivated and Biden trying to make political gain is a disgrace since his advocatin of imprisoning along with his black president record numbers of black people.

I genuinely don’t have a clue what the hell your belief systems are. You’re like a ****ing bluebottle flying around a room bouncing off everything in the Hope something sticks. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, jake said:

Attitude .

Well done legions for agreeing with me but dont forget you didnt.

Your last reply to him was riddled with that.

I have no idea what you're trying to say but you made a claim, back it up. Show me where I've congratulated legions.

I'm sure the man himself will tell you he's had zero change from me over the years.

1 hour ago, jake said:

Or along those lines.

Police chiefs etc?

Just out of curiosity Jake, do you live in the US, or have you spent any significant amount of time here?

2 hours ago, jake said:

The facts dont support this post.

Democrats have done nothing for black Americans.

Except send them to prison and war.

Wake up .

Fairs fair they did send a black man to the White House certainly not up to now a regular occurrence. Others certainly have been there before him but they were cooks waiters and porters.

I'm not sure who's dumber, tbh.

Brenden Dilley Is Just Waiting Until Trump ‘Gives Us the Green Light’ to Start Gunning Down Protesters

“If for any reason the president of the United States feels that it’s not getting done the way it should and decides to put out the tweet that says, ‘My fellow Americans, my fellow 2A-loving Americans, it’s time to take up arms against these assholes,’ you are all ****ed in under an hour,” he continued. “[We’re] waiting for that one tweet, that one emergency text message from the ****ing president of the United States that gives us the green light to finish this entire thing in under an hour.”

“It will not be law enforcement. It will not be one of these slow, bureaucratic, justice system wheels of justice turning,” Dilley concluded. “It’ll be a group of people you didn’t even know ****ing existed because we were at our houses, we got off work, we were with our families, but we were ready for that call. And if that call ever does come, you will be ****ed seven ways from Sunday. So I suggest you back down.”

SpruceBringsteen
37 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

As with all of these grifters (who to a person have literally no beliefs other than what makes them cash at that precise moment) it's 100% the solitary toothed rubes who enrich them.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, jake said:

Yes

And that's your argument?

Your drunk.

Hows voting democrat went for black Americans?

Statistically?

Stateside or Presidential.

Grow up

Civil Rights act, 1964.

10 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Brenden Dilley Is Just Waiting Until Trump ‘Gives Us the Green Light’ to Start Gunning Down Protesters

“If for any reason the president of the United States feels that it’s not getting done the way it should and decides to put out the tweet that says, ‘My fellow Americans, my fellow 2A-loving Americans, it’s time to take up arms against these assholes,’ you are all ****ed in under an hour,” he continued. “[We’re] waiting for that one tweet, that one emergency text message from the ****ing president of the United States that gives us the green light to finish this entire thing in under an hour.”

“It will not be law enforcement. It will not be one of these slow, bureaucratic, justice system wheels of justice turning,” Dilley concluded. “It’ll be a group of people you didn’t even know ****ing existed because we were at our houses, we got off work, we were with our families, but we were ready for that call. And if that call ever does come, you will be ****ed seven ways from Sunday. So I suggest you back down.”

Trump is absolutely dumber than that guy... he actually believes what he is saying.

9 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

As with all of these grifters (who to a person have literally no beliefs other than what makes them cash at that precise moment) it's 100% the solitary toothed rubes who enrich them.

Two of my favourite JKB posters who actually live in amongst that utter shit show... not surprised they agree.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

42 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

This video is specifically for Jake, but everyone will gain from watching it. 

I assumed Jake was banned from the thread??

:cornette:

1 minute ago, Cade said:

They're building a wall around the White House as we speak

:rofl:

are they making the protesters pay for it

1 hour ago, Cade said:

They're building a wall around the White House as we speak

:rofl:

Surely one of our graphic designing whiz-kids can do something with this?

Donnie's Bunker, perhaps?

51ZH90REBAL._SY445_.jpg

Just watched 13th on Netflix. It is extremely relevant just now, and very sadly highlights how the recent appalling murder of George Floyd is something which has been happening for decades in the US. 

America truly has racism integrated into society, but I think what is perhaps even more worrying is that most of those who are racist don’t even know it. I know one American woman and she is as racist as they come, but she just doesn’t see it. No longer an acquaintance of her anymore thankfully. 

We are far from being perfect in Scotland, but I really am proud to live in a country which is multicultural and welcoming and actively promotes this at Government level.  I am not for 1 second saying everyone in Scotland is tolerant, in fact most of us are ignorant, and bigotry is a huge problem. But what I do see is changes slowly being implemented through generations, comparing the 80’s when I grew up to now for example.  

If this could extend to all forms of bigotry, racism, xenophobia, homophobia etc our country will continue to improve....hopefully.

millerjames398
On 03/06/2020 at 22:43, Morgan said:

Hell mend them all.

Hell mend their arseholes after the bloods and crips, take their turns on them in the slammer Morgan 😬😂

J.T.F.Robertson
On 03/06/2020 at 14:40, Sharpie said:

There are some things in life Jake that we as small little atoms in the sphere of life and space can do nothing about. Politically we certainly can be interested but as you found out on more than one occasion there are a million different opinions, the most important one is to vote which many decide not to do.

What influences young black men, just like young  white men, schoolmates, workmates, brothers sisters, parents, but I would suggest particularly the environment within which they live.

I guess in a way I am a wailer, but not over every black death. Starvation,famine, war thats there not here and nothing I can do about it. But when I watch a man deliberately use for an extended period of time his knee on another mans throat I get a wee bit agitated, I do get a bit more agitated when he listens to the man beg for his life, and call for his mother something I have experienced under different circumstances, but nonetheless heartbreaking. I am not as enraged as some, but I do understand the anger at how easy it was for this man to do this, while being observed by three other police offices all of whom have taken an oath to serve and protect. I also realise that in the United States there is reasonably strong evidence that some police see black persons, in fact  all those of color as being different and not entitled to the same treatment that would be offered a white person under the same circumstances.

I cannot claim to be a black lives matter, you see I am enough of a human being to believe that all lives matter .

Having studied people by education and thirty six years of serving them I accept that some people join groups such as demonstrators, looters and arsonists and shout black lives matter, because some of them deep down don't feel that they matter, so they join in to feel wanted and. part of something.

Bob, you're way to wise and open-ended to be debating with certain folk on here who see only in black and white with no shades inbetween.

As you intimate there is a never ending list of atrocities carried out by humanity on itself going back centuries if we care to. Problem is, in theory anyhow, we should learned at least something from them by now, sadly our "evolution" isn't moving nearly as fast as it needs to. Basically, we're a lost cause.

Present company excluded. ;)

J.T.F.Robertson
20 hours ago, Justin Z said:

3 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Bob, you're way to wise and open-ended to be debating with certain folk on here who see only in black and white with no shades inbetween.

As you intimate there is a never ending list of atrocities carried out by humanity on itself going back centuries if we care to. Problem is, in theory anyhow, we should learned at least something from them by now, sadly our "evolution" isn't moving nearly as fast as it needs to. Basically, we're a lost cause.

**** me! I rest my case.

alwaysthereinspirit
5 hours ago, Tazio said:

And now Rev Al Sharpton has turned up, inevitable really. 

The man has never met a camera he didn’t like.

There has been endemic racism in the US almost from the first days and their civil war didn't change that.

Regarding the US civil war and resulting confederate monuments the type of people who go around with confederate flag bumper stickers will often argue that the war wasn't about slavery it was about 'states rights'. Which is true to some degree. It was about slave states rights to spread slavery to newly opened territories.

But it didn't start because of the emancipation proclamation which Lincoln didn't pass until almost 18 months after the war had started. This slavery thing was a difficult issue for Lincoln. While he was morally and politically opposed to slavery he was playing a political balancing act trying to keep on board as much support for his presidency as he could. His favoured option was to contain slavery as best he could and let it die a natural death as he thought it would.

I have doubts about that. While I think it would have become less economical to keep large numbers of slaves as cotton cultivation and harvesting became more mechanised they would have retained smaller numbers. Simply for 'old times' sake and to continue having captive free servants they could do anything they wanted with.

When Lincoln was elected he made no mention of ending slavery en masse but he did run on a platform of keeping slavery out of the territories which had not yet become states as the country pushed out to the West. Incidentally as they went 'emancipating' the natives from their land. But that's another story.

The election of Lincoln who the Southerners knew would prevent them spreading slavery into newly opened territories was the spark that kicked it off. The Southern states seceded.

Then, as the war progressed, the Southerners who had an economy largely based on agriculture were being massively out produced by Northern industry, had little in the way of a navy so their ports were blockaded by the North were cut off from trade. Can't use ports then you can't transport your cotton to Europe for money to fight this war.

Their greatest hope which they were constantly agitating for was to get the British into the war on their side. If that happened the Royal Navy would soon appear, rout the Northern navy and open up the ports. Now they could sell their cotton in return for both money and weapons. If that had happened it's highly likely it may have become a stalemate at best.

With British support the Southerners would be unbeatable and the country would have broken up. This was actually in British interests in a number of ways. They could see what was coming. A rapidly expanding continental sized power was developing which would in time ultimately become a challenge to British global dominance. Plus there was massive lobbying in Britain on behalf of the wealthy owners of the cotton mills finding themselves suddenly cut off from cheap American cotton.

On the other hand there was a very strong abolitionist movement in Britain so, 18 months after the war began, Lincoln signed the emancipation proclamation. A major motive being to keep the British out of the war. He knew when he did this there was no way the British could now enter the conflict to support slavers against abolitionists. It was a crafty foreign policy coup de grace.

Following the now inevitable defeat of the confederacy the KKK quickly formed to maintain the white supremacy they had become accustomed to. Remind those blacks who is still master around here despite this emancipation abomination. Confederate monuments didn't become common until much later with the bulk being erected in the 20th century as blacks began to organise civil rights movements. For things as simple as the right to vote which they were being denied in numerous ways and that denial of a vote was continued right into the 1960's.

The confederate flag and confederate statues were never intended as anything but a reminder to blacks that you better stay in your place or else. The only thing that's changed is we can't operate our system of black oppression quite so openly but it's still there and don't you forget it.

They were in effect operating an apartheid system in the South which many seem to forget. Remember all the international condemnation South Africa got until they abandoned apartheid in the early 1990's? They were a pariah state many would not trade with and were excluded from international sporting events such as the Olympics.

And yet just a couple of decades or so earlier in the Southern US they were doing pretty much the same thing albeit with a veneer of pretence that they weren't.

And all this is exactly why these confederate flags and monuments are nothing but the glorification of racism and oppression. You will hear some claim it's part of our history, I say so what. It's a shameful part that cannot be morally glorified in public spaces. You think these statues are a magnet for history buffs?

Their place if anywhere is in a museum not a public place where statues of people who actually earned legitimate admiration for good or great deeds are placed.

The Nazi era is an even more recent part of German history. Yet we see no claims that this means there should be statues of Hitler and Himmler etc placed in German parks and squares. They don't even have statues of Generals such as Rommel who was not a Nazi, was never involved in atrocities, and was admired by all sides as one of the greatest generals of the war. And ultimately ended up dead for a peripheral part in the 20th July plot to kill Hitler.

These flags and statues all on their own with the fervent support for them are clear evidence if any more were needed that US society on every level is riddled with anti black racism which I feel you would have to say overall the blacks have patiently endured and worked for change in legitimate ways.

2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Yes you are quite right Jim, but my dealing with Jake go way back and it got a bi toxic, so now I try to debate with all and try not always successfully to do it with some reason and understanding of the other view. This subject I find very close to my heart for numerous reasons but primarily the profession that I spent years being in and gave me an excellent life particularly retirement.

Reported today that at a meeting the Minneapolis city council of eight all agreed that the police department should be abolished. Quite a major step that I would counsel should be thoroughly thought about.

SpruceBringsteen

Here's the video you'll be seeing all day. 75 year old man now in hospital in a serious condition.

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Here's the video you'll be seeing all day. 75 year old man now in hospital in a serious condition.

What a disgrace.

Bloody hell. No one helps him. This macho bullshit Trump promotes has to end. 

Disgusting. Knocking an old man over then leaving him bleeding on the ground, tough guys eh!

Edited by GinRummy

It looks like the cop who pushed him goes to check on him, but is told not to.

Apparently 2 suspended without pay.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/buffalo-protester-pushed-to-ground-starts-bleeding-video-shows-2-cops-suspended-reports

Governor Tarkin
On 04/06/2020 at 04:24, Justin Z said:

****ing hell.

:cornette:

2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

This makes me really sad.

2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Just disgusting. 

John mcCartney
4 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Reported today that at a meeting the Minneapolis city council of eight all agreed that the police department should be abolished. Quite a major step that I would counsel should be thoroughly thought about.

It all needs reformed and made accountable and transparent enough.
Disgusting police state that it is.They have too much power those krunts.
Brutality yet again,kid in California gunned down this week .

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/04/vallejo-police-kill-unarmed-man-california

YouTube video of the incident in which it's somewhat easier to see how mindless and unnecessary this push was. He appears to be immediately bleeding from the ear according to a bystander.

I just don't get it. It looks to me like he's holding a police helmet he has found and is trying to give to them.

Then a 'peace' officer aggressively pushes a geriatric for no discernible reason? No comprehension that they're easily knocked over and far more fragile than the young? Unbelievable.

"One person was injured when they tripped and fell" according to the initial Police report....

:seething:

That is exactly how Ian Tomlinson died.

King prawn

I don’t know why, I don’t know these people, I’m fortunate enough that I don’t have to encounter this on a day to day basis but I get enraged when seeing those videos. 

These guys are power hungry as feck and it all spouts from the crap coming from Trumps twitter page. 

The country is an absolute mess and I can only see this getting worse

That one officer genuinely looks concerned and the boy beside him (looks as if he's in charge) tells him to ignore it and move forward. Disgusting

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

YouTube video of the incident in which it's somewhat easier to see how mindless and unnecessary this push was. He appears to be immediately bleeding from the ear according to a bystander.

I just don't get it. It looks to me like he's holding a police helmet he has found and is trying to give to them.

Then a 'peace' officer aggressively pushes a geriatric for no discernible reason? No comprehension that they're easily knocked over and far more fragile than the young? Unbelievable.

The film of an  elderly man being pushed violently to the ground by a riot geared policeman was nothing less than shocking, as were the number of police officers who walked past see the blood seeping from the back of his head and offer no help.  Now there is an uproar against police, and rightly so, do any of you recall the uproar when I described a police officer who hid round a corner while the children he was responsible to protect were murdered. I described him s a coward, an opinion that has been proven by the charges laid against him for his actions. Instead of either ignoring my comment I was criticised and asked if my life was ever at risk, and had to defend my opinion by relating an incident where exactly that happened. Not during police service. Something I learned in life as a person, as a manager, as a father was if you let the smaller, perceived minor things slip by, ultimately you will end up with a big problem, the death of George Floyd is the big one.

I'm actually getting sick and tired of seeing these sort of videos that just give me the seethe every time I see them.

America is ****ed, their Police are ****ed, and they answer to absolutely no-one.  They have been taking every single liberty they like, knowing fine well there is no-one to pull them up on it.  I seen a picture earlier where they shot an homeless man, who was in a ****ing wheelchair, in the forehead/eye.  The blood was streaming from his face, and yet the fat, weak-minded, pathetic, p***y, small d****d mother****ers still had guns trained on him:

dt0mybnnr1351.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=

What the **** is that achieving?

People are protesting Police Brutality, so these dense pricks think the answer is to show more of it

Edited by tian447

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I'm actually getting sick and tired of seeing these sort of videos that just give me the seethe every time I see them.

America is ****ed, their Police are ****ed, and they answer to absolutely no-one.  They have been taking every single liberty they like, knowing fine well there is no-one to pull them up on it.  I seen a picture earlier where they shot an homeless man, who was in a ****ing wheelchair, in the forehead/eye.  The blood was streaming from his face, and yet the fat, weak-minded, pathetic, p***y, small d****d mother****ers still had guns trained on him:

dt0mybnnr1351.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=

What the **** is that achieving?

People are protesting Police Brutality, so these dense pricks think the answer is to show more of it

That seems unreal.