Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

Surprised to see so many posts continuing to be added to this thread.

Are they not away yet?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I didn’t think Levein could be defended any further but that’s a complete and utter stoater :lol: even before the Sir Alex and Davie Moss comparisons. 

Keep the amateur psychology going, Laff.

It will fail just like your efforts to remove CL before his contract expired.  It was just a waste of hot air but I suppose if that's all you have to offer then we'll just have to put up with it. :lol: :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Surprised to see so many posts continuing to be added to this thread.

Are they not away yet?

No, the Levein lovers are still here.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

No, the Levein lovers are still here.

Masochists. :biggrin2:

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Keep the amateur psychology going, Laff.

It will fail just like your efforts to remove CL before his contract expired.  It was just a waste of hot air but I suppose if that's all you have to offer then we'll just have to put up with it. :lol: :lol:

What efforts to remove him before his contract expired :lol: it’s a football forum not a board room ya dolt.  It’s about opinions.  

You seem delighted he stayed till the end, ripping cash out the club on the other hand though.  Weirdo behaviour. 

16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

What efforts to remove him before his contract expired :lol: it’s a football forum not a board room ya dolt.  It’s about opinions.  

You seem delighted he stayed till the end, ripping cash out the club on the other hand though.  Weirdo behaviour. 

Thought he was most recently on a back shift and ‘doing important work with the academy and a bit more than that’ 😎 

It's a new dawn..it's a new day. It's June and things have changed. 

Time for us all to move on and face the future.

Looking back on this time is not good for the heart or soul.

6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, I'll be supporting Hearts next season and Likley on here defending managers and players while others are ripping them for arse paper. 

I'll be supporting them if they represent Hearts, try it. 👍

Bully for you! 😂

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

This is the trouble with you Laff.  You make up stories until you are BLUE in the face.

My opinion is twofold about him staying to the end

1.  I have never been comfortable about players/managers returning to a club because, rightly or wrongly, I get the impression it rarely works.

2. I think he should have gone when he had the heart problem.

I do admit however I  get some pleasure seeing the likes of you getting your knickers in a twist over him.  It can be fun to watch sometimes.  Keep up the comedy..👍

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Thought he was most recently on a back shift and ‘doing important work with the academy and a bit more than that’ 😎 

True.  That will show me and every other person forming an opinion on the internet that really tried so hard to oust him from the club before expiry of his contract.  JamboAl wins again. 

31 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

This is the trouble with you Laff.  You make up stories until you are BLUE in the face.

My opinion is twofold about him staying to the end

1.  I have never been comfortable about players/managers returning to a club because, rightly or wrongly, I get the impression it rarely works.

2. I think he should have gone when he had the heart problem.

I do admit however I  get some pleasure seeing the likes of you getting your knickers in a twist over him.  It can be fun to watch sometimes.  Keep up the comedy..👍

What stories have I made up? A couple of examples wouldn’t go a miss as you seem to question people and want evidence all the time.  If not an apology will do and if you aren’t man enough for that just shut your mouth. 

You take great pleasure in your simple mind that people “failed to remove Levein” (you’ve said this numerous times to various people over the past few days) taking glee that he seen the remainder of his contract out.  Which means you have been happy he’s been taking a wage from the club having been sacked in October last year. 

Heres a simple yes or no for you then hotshot.

Are you happy that Craig Levein has left the club? None of this deflecting about leaving for his own health or anything.  Are you happy he’s left the club? 

Yes? No? 

Edited by Last Laff

Just now, Last Laff said:

True.  That will show me and every other person forming an opinion on the internet that really tried so hard to oust him from the club before expiry of his contract.  JamboAl wins again. 

foiled again mate eh? Wonder how the all important review of the medical department went. Something that only needed done AFTER CL was relieved of all other titles and wasn’t deemed necessary during the worst run of injuries anybody can ever remember. Assume the results of the review have been kept in-house. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

foiled again mate eh? Wonder how the all important review of the medical department went. Something that only needed done AFTER CL was relieved of all other titles and wasn’t deemed necessary during the worst run of injuries anybody can ever remember. Assume the results of the review have been kept in-house. 

Im sure he done a splendid job at whatever he was doing in the medical department mate and it will look good on his CV, that and winning the championship as director of football (poor Robbie Neilson).  Reference available on request also one presumes.  AM seems to blag himself into any job possible and it’s never his fault either so I’ve no concern for him.  I take it he decided to move on also as Ann stated at the time it was up to him as to what he wanted to do.    I still don’t know that how my twisted plot, with others to try and remove Levein from his role of caretake medical chief operating officer by posting opinions on the internet was completely foiled and I failed :lol:  Al actually sees that as something to slag people off for in his ****ed up head.  And no Al, I’m not on furlough, I work at home over this period so you won’t be able to slag me for that either like you done other posters.   He’s a Brain Surgeon Rocket Scientist Who looks like Brad Pitt shagging Shania Twain you know. Well impressed me. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Im sure he done a splendid job at whatever he was doing in the medical department mate and it will look good on his CV, that and winning the championship as director of football (poor Robbie Neilson).  Reference available on request also one presumes.  AM seems to blag himself into any job possible and it’s never his fault either so I’ve no concern for him.  I take it he decided to move on also as Ann stated at the time it was up to him as to what he wanted to do.    I still don’t know that how my twisted plot, with others to try and remove Levein from his role of caretake medical chief operating officer by posting opinions on the internet was completely foiled and I failed :lol:  Al actually sees that as something to slag people off for in his ****ed up head.  And no Al, I’m not on furlough, I work at home over this period so you won’t be able to slag me for that either like you done other posters.   He’s a Brain Surgeon Rocket Scientist Who looks like Brad Pitt shagging Shania Twain you know. Well impressed me. 

🤣🤣🤣

Randy Marsh
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I thought he was an English teacher?

12 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I thought he was an English teacher?

That’s his spare time I think 👍 

Guest ToqueJambo

Given how many folk seemed to want Neilson out despite how well he did, I suspect "[Insert Name] Out" threads are going to be an annual thing unfortunately. And if they can't moan about the manager they'll find something else. Why not just give these people their own sub-forum to babble on incessantly about how shite things at Hearts are. Call it The Asylum or something.

35 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Given how many folk seemed to want Neilson out despite how well he did, I suspect "[Insert Name] Out" threads are going to be an annual thing unfortunately. And if they can't moan about the manager they'll find something else. Why not just give these people their own sub-forum to babble on incessantly about how shite things at Hearts are. Call it The Asylum or something.

I know what you mean, some people will never be happy but wanting Levein out long before he was relieved of his duties was a valid and correct stance imo. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

That was the second one, they had a review before and everything was great apparently.

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You want Stendel out 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆😃😂🤣😅

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

What stories have I made up? A couple of examples wouldn’t go a miss as you seem to question people and want evidence all the time.  If not an apology will do and if you aren’t man enough for that just shut your mouth. 

You take great pleasure in your simple mind that people “failed to remove Levein” (you’ve said this numerous times to various people over the past few days) taking glee that he seen the remainder of his contract out.  Which means you have been happy he’s been taking a wage from the club having been sacked in October last year. 

Are you happy that Craig Levein has left the club? None of this deflecting about leaving for his own health or anything.  Are you happy he’s left the club? 

Yes? No? 

YES

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You want Stendel out 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆😃😂🤣😅

No I don't. He's already out. My position is he didn't convince me he'd be the best option for the massive money he's on in the Championship season. He's on way more than Neilson and Levein were on (Levein for doing two jobs). If I had to chose I'd take Robbo on way less wages for the Championship but keep Stendel if reconstruction happens.

If Stendel takes a very large pay cut and genuinely wants to manage down there I'm fine with him staying for the Championship. I like him as a person and the way he wants to play but I can't see how's he's convinced anyone he's the real deal yet. I'm also not convinced the high press is suitable for the Championship.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

That I am delighted he saw out his contract.  That I am a Levein lover. i've done this in blue for you.

There you go again.  I did get pleasure seeing the likes of you being made to wait until the contract end date but otherwise would have preferred him to have gone when he had his heart trouble.  To help you yet again in baby steps, he lost out financially by staying in that, had he been sacked in October he would have received full pay for the contracted period whereas for the last 3 months he's been on half pay(or maybe 70% if furloughed)

Thank you for the respect.  I did not expect such adulation from you.

Yes? No? 

YES

Just had a look again at your diatribe again and thought I should elaborate.

31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No I don't. He's already out. My position is he didn't convince me he'd be the best option for the massive money he's on in the Championship season. He's on way more than Neilson and Levein were on (Levein for doing two jobs). If I had to chose I'd take Robbo on way less wages for the Championship but keep Stendel if reconstruction happens.

If Stendel takes a very large pay cut and genuinely wants to manage down there I'm fine with him staying for the Championship. I like him as a person and the way he wants to play but I can't see how's he's convinced anyone he's the real deal yet. I'm also not convinced the high press is suitable for the Championship.

Surely if, and it’s a big if given current circumstances, he has the right players, the high press would work in just about any league. 

44 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

YES

Excellent 👍

As for the request prior to that, call it quits time 👍

36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So he’s not convinced you he’s the real deal nor will his tactics work in the Championship but you want him to stay and are most certainly or didn’t want Stendel to get erm “out” :lol:  class. 

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Excellent 👍

As for the request prior to that, call it quits time 👍

What request?

Jingle Bells
16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I bet that hurt Al. 😍

Think Al must be from the era when Hearts Fans could create a riot in a telephone box.

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So if you had to choose you’d pick Robbo, but you don’t want Stendel out if we stay up but would be happy enough for him to be here if we are in the Championship but you’re not convinced. Glad we cleared that up then. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Surely if, and it’s a big if given current circumstances, he has the right players, the high press would work in just about any league. 

It works in any league, he doesn’t even understand what it’s all about,  I’ve tried to explain it to him a few times but it’s a lost cause.

Guest ToqueJambo
26 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

So he’s not convinced you he’s the real deal nor will his tactics work in the Championship but you want him to stay and are most certainly or didn’t want Stendel to get erm “out” :lol:  class. 

To be fair I can see why you would struggle with understanding that it's possible to not be convinced by someone but still be willing to let them prove themselves? And is he too expensive for the championship or not? Clearly yes as he's not currently our manager.

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It works in any league, he doesn’t even understand what it’s all about,  I’ve tried to explain it to him a few times but it’s a lost cause.

It really doesn't work against teams of cloggers that have no intention of playing any football. We saw that very clearly last season. We did better against teams that are willing to play football against us and worse against teams happy to pack defence and hit long - which is what EVERY team in the Championship will do. You leave yourself open to long balls over the top, and Scottish teams - especially the worst ones - are more than happy to play that type of football all day long with zero interest in entertaining. It's a lot of effort for minimal return IMO. The other team is just going to lump the ball up so you're expending energy for nothing. better to focus on keeping the ball, and creating openings rather than winning the ball back. Obviously you have to win the ball back but the high press is most effective as a tactic against teams that like to play out from the back.

Neilson showed how to win in the Championship at a canter. Weren't you watching?

In fact he's shown it twice now. You buy better players in every position, especially strikers who know where the goal is. You make yourselves the fittest team in the league. Then you play possession football that tires out the other team. The high press assumes the other team will have the ball a fair amount. They won't, so we should focus on possession football and taking chances, not training to press other teams in possession. Of course you can still play a pressing game when the other team has it but it shouldn't be the way you set up the entire team.

I've tried to explain this to you a few times but it's a lost cause.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So if you had to choose you’d pick Robbo, but you don’t want Stendel out if we stay up but would be happy enough for him to be here if we are in the Championship but you’re not convinced. Glad we cleared that up then. 

I've wanted Robbo since the end of 2018/19 if we went down the replace Levein route. I have no doubt Robbo would not have done as badly as Stendel but I was persuaded Stendel was the man and I'm still willing to give him a chance. I'm staying I'd feel a lot more optimistic with Robbo because he's proven that he can do well in that league and Stendel has proven nothing as yet.

28 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Think Al must be from the era when Hearts Fans could create a riot in a telephone box.

Somebody should let him out of it.

9 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

Agree,  hopefully CL forms his own Football Club and they can toddle off to support  it.

9 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They probably would.

Yeah, that’s what I’m about to do, for having the temerity to state that the personal abuse is out of order... have a word with yourselves, seriously. :lol:

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It really doesn't work against teams of cloggers that have no intention of playing any football. We saw that very clearly last season. We did better against teams that are willing to play football against us and worse against teams happy to pack defence and hit long - which is what EVERY team in the Championship will do. You leave yourself open to long balls over the top, and Scottish teams - especially the worst ones - are more than happy to play that type of football all day long with zero interest in entertaining.

Neilson showed how to win in the Championship at a canter. In fact he's shown it twice now. You buy better players in every position, especially strikers who know where the goal is. You make yourselves the fittest team in the league. Then you play possession football that tires out the other team. The high press assumes the other team will have the ball a fair amount. They won't, so we should focus on possession football and taking chances, not training to press other teams in possession. Of course you can still play a pressing game when the other team has it but it shouldn't be the way you set up the entire team.

I've tried to explain this to you a few times but it's a lost cause.

Thanks for showing you don’t get it 👍🏽👏🏾. High press is about getting the ball back ASAP, no matter where it is, get it back and DOMINATE possession not assume that the other team has it 😱🙈.  Man City and Liverpool play it against some of the biggest, fittest long ball teams like Burnley and it seems to work fine doesn’t it? As I said to you last time we had this chat, most teams pressed us and it ended up with Danny Wilson hitting hopeless long diagonals. James Keatings played more games than any other striker and he wasn’t better than most down there. We had 20 players score for us which was more important than Zeefuik bring top scorer with 12 goals.

Im glad you know better than Pep and Klopp, the two best managers in the world 🤔😂😅😃😆🤪

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I've wanted Robbo since the end of 2018/19 if we went down the replace Levein route. I have no doubt Robbo would not have done as badly as Stendel but I was persuaded Stendel was the man and I'm still willing to give him a chance. I'm staying I'd feel a lot more optimistic with Robbo because he's proven that he can do well in that league and Stendel has proven nothing as yet.

Robbo did well in 2002-3 down there, have we not learnt anything from hiring managers that did well that long ago? Having seen his ICT teams in the flesh and on tv i’m not at all convinced that he would do that good a job, his teams played like Leveins to be honest.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thanks for showing you don’t get it 👍🏽👏🏾. High press is about getting the ball back ASAP, no matter where it is, get it back and DOMINATE possession not assume that the other team has it 😱🙈.  Man City and Liverpool play it against some of the biggest, fittest long ball teams like Burnley and it seems to work fine doesn’t it? As I said to you last time we had this chat, most teams pressed us and it ended up with Danny Wilson hitting hopeless long diagonals. James Keatings played more games than any other striker and he wasn’t better than most down there. We had 20 players score for us which was more important than Zeefuik bring top scorer with 12 goals.

Im glad you know better than Pep and Klopp, the two best managers in the world 🤔😂😅😃😆🤪

Thanks for showing you don't get it. Why focus on a system based on getting the ball back from teams when most (all really) teams in the championship won't have it for long and when they do get it they have no intention of holding on to it for long? We'll be turning back the whole time. You can press and play possession football but Stendel on the evidence I've seen is all out press. His high defensive line cost us big and ultimately firmly put us at the bottom of the league.

My point is the Championship is not the place for any football philosophy, including or even especially the gegenpresse or whatever it's called. It's the place for what Neilson did - be better, fitter and keep the ball more than the other teams. Don't worry about chasing down teams that don't have the players to do anything with it anyhow. It's a total waste of energy and a total waste of training time. Focus on recruiting and training players who are good on the ball and play a simple system designed to create chances for strikers who will be playing against largely awful defenders and goalies.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m about to do, for having the temerity to state that the personal abuse is out of order... have a word with yourselves, seriously. :lol:

:lol:

24 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You sound like Billy Davies.

Could you actually hear me?

I'll need to make a softer hit on the keys.

20 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Like the personal abuse dished out on here by the Levein fanboys to anybody who questioned where Levein was taking our Club? That kind of personal abuse??

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robbo did well in 2002-3 down there, have we not learnt anything from hiring managers that did well that long ago? Having seen his ICT teams in the flesh and on tv i’m not at all convinced that he would do that good a job, his teams played like Leveins to be honest.

If you assume hiring a manager is a lottery, which it is, Robbo for me is the safest best out there in terms of affordable, experienced, motivated candidates who you know 100% would give absolutely everything. If not him, I'd be open to Naismith as player manager and see if he can do an Alex Neil or Doddie. The key is it has to be someone who really wants to be there as well as someone with some obvious talents and so on. As I say, I'm all for Stendel staying if he's up for it and takes a massive wage drop. It's going to be the weakest Championship possibly ever so you have to back him he'd be able to do the job. Does he really want to is a big question though.

Jingle Bells
27 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Somebody should let him out of it.

True, however he does seem to be unduly argumentative about a situation, which he is ultimately happy with.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Like the personal abuse dished out on here by the Levein fanboys to anybody who questioned where Levein was taking our Club? That kind of personal abuse??

You are the sneaky wee abusive wimp who stirs things up and then shouts from behind the shoulders of others Tammy. Your posting history is just a total cringe.