SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Aussie Jambo
2 hours ago, Whatever said:

It’s ‘waive’ you illiterate, hibs loving idiot.

And whilst I’m at it, ‘Likley’ isn’t, and never ****ing will be, a word.

tenor.gif

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 hours ago, Jambo66 said:

I agree with that and I really hope they don't. As I have posted previously, I am and remain confident that we will win. If we do, then we will almost certainly have succeeded in bringing down the SPFL. I would regard that as a triumph. In some ways even better than reinstatement, because I am firmly of the view that the corruption endemic in Scottish football needs to be rooted out.

I don't want us to be awarded a pile of compensation as it would undoubtedly ruin several clubs. However, we do need to get rid of the utter nonsense that has clubs voting against reconstruction for the principal reason that Brora is too far away to get to. Football is a business and the clubs that want to run it as a business are subject to the votes of clubs like Albion Rovers. That is unsustainable.

I think we should have a pyramid structure, but clubs below "senior" football should not be allowed promotion simply because they win the Lowland or Highland League. They should have a robust business plan, minimum standards for facilities and so on. That does not mean a 10,000 all seater stadium because the cost of that is crippling as has been seen in the past, but there do need to be some basic requirements.

All of these things should be overseen by a governing body that is independent of the clubs. No ex-OF placemen and the like, but real administrators who understand the economics and appreciate the important part football plays in the lives of so many.

Am I dreaming? Perhaps, but if we don't at least try, then nothing will ever change.

Think on this. The chairman of Cowdenbeath is an absolute diehard Sevco fan and always will be. He is only involved with Cowdenbeath because he can't be involved with Sevco. I know he comes from there originally, but he is no fan. The way he votes has nothing to do with the betterment of Scottish football and we all know it. We need rid of this nonsense and this is our chance.

There are already minimum standards in place.  All of that already happens now.  You can't even get into the Lowland/Highland League without having a license and there are various requirements at different levels.

Also (and I know this isn't exactly what you were saying), you don't simply get in now by winning the Lowland or Highland League.  Instead, self-protectionism wins the day as the Lowland and Highland League champions have to play off just to get into a playoff against the bottom SPFL side.  It's far too difficult for clubs to get into the league.  There are plenty of non-league sides who have the potential to contribute more than some of the lower SPFL sides.  

In the case of this season, of course, winning the Lowland/Highland League wasn't even enough to have a playoff...

Edited by Stanley_

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

What do we expect (different from want) the outcome to be from Arbitration?

1. We lose, relegated with parachute payment.

2. We win but still relegated with £m's as compensation 

3. We win stay up, and leagues called null and void

4. We win, and reconstruction happens promotion, no relegation and extra teams in set up.

Did I not read quite a few pages back that the arbitration panel cannot make reconstruction part of any award to us & PTFC?  I think they can make an award of no promotion or relegation (slightly different from null & void as champions would still be awarded) and the other three you mentioned. 

Aussie Jambo

Just a thought. But if and when football restarts after this nightmare fiasco and knowing fine well that the SFA referees will be baying for our blood from any game we play. Could we in theory use film footage of said misuse of power and take the referees to court? Jus sayin. Compile a dossier of fouls, penalties and sendings off and say we were blatantly picked on? That would keep those shitehawk bassas in black or salmon off our backs? Putting it out to the masses. 

soccer-referees-takes-out-player.gif

Chuck Berry
2 hours ago, Jambo66 said:

I think we should have a pyramid structure, but clubs below "senior" football should not be allowed promotion simply because they win the Lowland or Highland League. They should have a robust business plan, minimum standards for facilities and so on. That does not mean a 10,000 all seater stadium because the cost of that is crippling as has been seen in the past, but there do need to be some basic requirements.

They already do, it's called SFA Club Licencing and without meeting the requirements and holding a Licence, you cannot play in the LL or HL, nor enter the Scottish Cup or become an SFA member.

Nelly Terraces
31 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Scotland's a great place to live. 

Apart from the football authorities that is 😏

Had to laugh at that Nelly bloke moaning about Scotland being full of bitter people in a post full of bitterness 😂

Not bitter at all my friend - apologies if I gave that impression. Just giving a rather expeditious observation on living back here having lived in London for 8 years and having travelled extensively. You'll find I'm a pretty upbeat guy really, and lead a fairly contented life, (and for which I am extremely grateful, especially these last few months), you'll be pleased to hear.:)

Anyway, let's hope the judicial process in this country ensures we both have something to smile about in the next few days eh. Cheers!

7 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

They already do, it's called SFA Club Licencing and without meeting the requirements and holding a Licence, you cannot play in the LL or HL, nor enter the Scottish Cup or become an SFA member.

I was more thinking about a future with considerably fewer senior teams. There are whole bunch of teams currently regarded as senior who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near senior football. 

Cowdenbeath were in the Championship when we were there. Think about that for a moment!

Edited by Jambo66

2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

No you are incorrect. Mr Christie sang the song "Is this the way to Amarillo."    Lol.  

Hide contents

Nah Jams that was Linford Christie. Easy mistake

3 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

I was more thinking about a future with considerably fewer senior teams. There are whole bunch of teams currently regarded as senior who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near senior football. 

Cowdenbeath were in the Championship when we were there. Think about that for a moment!

Got a 0.0 draw with Rangers..........

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

5. We win no relegation and no promotion. That's effectively what we are asking for.

Null n void would be most fun. Second most fun would be your option here, which is the petition.

There's a lot to be said for rushed reconstruction which also gets Brora and Kelty in too, though. We'd have the highest of high grounds there. Big old told you so all round and when the season and subsequent seasons are just fine, we'll have shown up the petty, jealous and vindictive lot up for what they are. Watching DUtd gleefully accept it would be fun.

5. We win no relegation and no promotion. That's effectively what we are asking for.

💯% - that’s the only way we win!

Just now, TheBigO said:

Null n void would be most fun. Second most fun would be your option here, which is the petition.

There's a lot to be said for rushed reconstruction which also gets Brora and Kelty in too, though. We'd have the highest of high grounds there. Big old told you so all round and when the season and subsequent seasons are just fine, we'll have shown up the petty, jealous and vindictive lot up for what they are. Watching DUtd gleefully accept it would be fun.

More like they'll be the ones rushing it back to the table if we win our petition. Would be great to see the Calpol 3, who all voted against league reconstruction, suddenly think it's the best thing for Scottish football.

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I expect still relegated with compensation 

That’s a loss!

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, JKBMod 3 said:

Once again,

Cut out the politics!!

If only the clubs did that too then everything would have moved on. :(

2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Undecided, 3 or 4. Option 3 tickles me but i guess 4 is fairer on other teams. Though why i give a flying ramjam **** about a lot of them i dont know. Guess im just a squidgy lovey big softy 

3&4 are losses!

Think we just need to retain our premier place which is rightfully ours!

Chuck Berry
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

What do we expect (different from want) the outcome to be from Arbitration?

1. We lose, relegated with parachute payment.

2. We win but still relegated with £m's as compensation 

3. We win stay up, and leagues called null and void

4. We win, and reconstruction happens promotion, no relegation and extra teams in set up.

Isn't it just 1 and 3 in play though?  We either lose and take our medicine, or we win and promotion/relegation is annulled.

I still cannot believe we've got to this stage with them.

Seems the equivalent of playing high stakes poker when you've not got a bolt to your name. Assuming reinstatement isn't possible due to time, they literally cannot afford to lose. If they have to pay us cash, I don't understand how they do it. Every club is toiling, so assuming the 'members organisation' crap rears its head then clubs will go to the wall. But this isn't our problem, they had two chances plus Rangers investigation to do the right thing and refused. This is 100% on them.

I cannot get over the stupidity of it. A competent executive should have made this clear (although a competent executive would never have put forward a resolution which could result in legal action), that the financial implications are severe if they lose and that any compensation falls upon the members to come up with. Frankly, I think some Chairmen are looking to the OF like some sort of safety blanket to bail them out. Outside of the top 6 I don't think the rest can afford to take a hit to what effectively amounts to a transfer fee sized figure each (which none of them pay, since they're already all skint!!).

4 minutes ago, kila said:

More like they'll be the ones rushing it back to the table if we win our petition. Would be great to see the Calpol 3, who all voted against league reconstruction, suddenly think it's the best thing for Scottish football.

Yeah that's kinda what I mean. And it getting voted or pushed thru even funnier in a way. All our legal fees paid please and then this all becomes sit back and laugh at them shaking our heads, rolling our eyes.

Vote yes, though. We have integrity.

Null and void?

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Null and void?

Don’t think we would ever want null and void ....

that means all fixtures played are null and the season effectively never happened, all results expunged. 
Think that would be a legal and commercial catastrophe.

It’s certainly NOT what Hearts want or have Included in their petition.

gowestjambo
4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I thought he was a Hibby. Probably my mistake. I didn't really know George too well. 

Did you know Alan (Ally) McLeod at Carrick Knowe ?

Another great player.

No that name doesn't ring a bell - was he younger or older than George?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, kila said:

It's extremely puzzling why they all voted against reconstruction, particularly knowing that Hearts were always clear that they were going to go to court if 'relegated' and that Partick were also in the frame to do so. Unless they are all extremely thick they must, at least, have been aware that there was a possibility that they might lose their promotion so why not go for the belt and braces of reconstruction? I can only think they were 'got at' in some way by the clubs and board members who's vested interests caused them to push relegation in the first place. There's been something nasty throughout this whole relegation/promotion/title award debacle, with two clubs being cast as the villains instead of two of the three victims of self interest and SPFL mismanagement they so clearly are.

3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

It's extremely puzzling why they all voted against reconstruction, particularly knowing that Hearts were always clear that they were going to go to court if 'relegated' and that Partick were also in the frame to do so. Unless they are all extremely thick they must, at least, have been aware that there was a possibility that they might lose their promotion so why not go for the belt and braces of reconstruction? I can only think they were 'got at' in some way by the clubs and board members who's vested interests caused them to push relegation in the first place. There's been something nasty throughout this whole relegation/promotion/title award debacle, with two clubs being cast as the villains instead of two of the three victims of self interest and SPFL mismanagement they so clearly are.

You got it ... they’re all extremely thick!

Chuck Berry
28 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

You do realise that there are now around 150 senior clubs split between SPFL, HL, LL, EoS, WoS, SoS?

If you mean there should be fewer teams in the SPFL, then I would agree. At the very least L2 clubs should be absorbed into the HL and LL Pyramids.

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I thought he was a Hibby. Probably my mistake. I didn't really know George too well. 

Did you know Alan (Ally) McLeod at Carrick Knowe ?

Another great player.

Do you know if this is the same Ally McLeod that ran Tall Oaks BC for a number of years?  If it is then I know him.

Edited by wavydavy

merseyjambo

Scottish football needs to take a long hard look at itself and work out a way forward. 

Not wishing to look towards England but the top clubs need to consider what is best for them. The EPL and EFL which look after the remaining 72 teams are 2 separate entities. Clubs like Rochdale and Macclesfield have no say when it comes to what happens in the EPL so why on earth should teams like Albion or Cowdenbeath be dictating to the top clubs in the league.

Outwith the Premier League there are another 10 or so full time clubs. 

Is it time to consider criteria that there is a SPL2 (championship) then restructure and regionalise the divisions below and have a 2 division structure below for east and west which would incorporate highland and lowland league sides. The west could include some of those junior clubs who I believe are looking to form a west of Scotland lowland league set up. Clubs like Glenafton and Auchinleck are far more likely to bring a large away support to clubs like Albion and Clyde than a team like Elgin will. It reduces costs. It would allow SPFL clubs to put colts teams into a regional league they could not be promoted from (should they wish to do so). Next year clubs like Albion and Annan will have trips to both Peterhead and Elgin. 

While not making it a closed shop, to get promoted into the top 2 tiers, you would need to meet certain criteria. These clubs would be run by a separate organisation with regards rules and regulations and the clubs in the top 2 leagues would still be under the SPFL banner.

Scottish football needs to get away from big businesses being dictated to by clubs who turn over less in a year than some do in a month.

Get Roy Craig back as the youth players would love it the Technical Coaching has never been the same since he left the club when Robbie left in 2016 

Selkirkhmfc1874
45 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

That’s a loss!

Wouldn't see it as a loss if we got several million pound compensation but obviously I'd prefer we were reinstated but we'll then be at a severe disadvantage considering teams are already back training and playing friendly fixtures with league starting 20 days 

WorldChampions1902
25 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You got it ... they’re all extremely thick!

Some of them are so thick, they voted against reconstruction based on false premises. Clearly hadn’t even been bothered to read the proposal and rejected it on what they “thought” was in the document.

Utter morons.

NaturalOrder74

What’s the story then did united get enough money to be involved ? Is tomorrow not the day it kicks off ? 

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I have this feeling we will win our case but the arbitration panel will decide that relefation and compensation will be the best solution. 

The compensation better be massive or it will be all for nothing. If its not then i hope we have the opportunity to appeal and go back to court. 

So. Option 2

Doesn't that depend on whether the SFA Arbitration process has the power  to make a detailed  instruction to the SPFL on how to enact a suitable remedy for us & Thistle   ?   

Byyy The Light
29 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Scottish football needs to take a long hard look at itself and work out a way forward. 

Not wishing to look towards England but the top clubs need to consider what is best for them. The EPL and EFL which look after the remaining 72 teams are 2 separate entities. Clubs like Rochdale and Macclesfield have no say when it comes to what happens in the EPL so why on earth should teams like Albion or Cowdenbeath be dictating to the top clubs in the league.

Is it time to consider criteria that there is a SPL2 (championship) then restructure and regionalise the divisions below and have a 2 division structure below for east and west which would incorporate highland and lowland league sides. The west could include some of those junior clubs who I believe are looking to form a west of Scotland lowland league set up. Clubs like Glenafton and Auchinleck are far more likely to bring a large away support to clubs like Albion and Clyde than a team like Elgin will. It reduces costs. It would allow SPFL clubs to put colts teams into a regional league they could not be promoted from (should they wish to do so). Next year clubs like Albion and Annan will have trips to both Peterhead and Elgin. 

While not making it a closed shop, to get promoted into the top 2 tiers, you would need to meet certain criteria. These clubs would be run by a separate organisation with regards rules and regulations and the clubs in the top 2 leagues would still be under the SPFL banner.

Scottish football needs to get away from big businesses being dictated to by clubs who turn over less in a year than some do in a month.

Totally agree with all of this. It needs somebody to take the initiative, the problem is the self interest that we all have seen.

I don’t really don’t think it’s rocket science to make our game attractive to tv and sponsors once getting over the initial huge hurdle of changing the set up. 

13 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

What’s the story then did united get enough money to be involved ? Is tomorrow not the day it kicks off ? 

As of a few minutes ago, the three walk donation pages totalled £44,711 of which should be removed 2.9% fees of £1,297 & additional charges of 25p per donation from about 2.1k idiots amounting to £525. 

So far it's therefore just shy of £42.9k & should fund a couple of days at arbitration. 

Edited by harrywragg

7 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

As of a few minutes ago, the three walk donation pages totalled £44,711 of which should be removed 2.9% fees of £1,297 & additional charges of 25p per donation from about 2.1k idiots amounting to £525. 

So far it's therefore just shy of £42.9k & should fund a couple of days at arbitration. 

All that money and they have yet to take 1 single step.

16 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

All that money and they have yet to take 1 single step.

Would it not just be great, if by the time they set of Utd are back in the Championship 

11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Then you should have read the relevant section of the thread. There was a discussion on the qualifications of a dentist to give advice to the Scottish Government on when the season should start.

I did read that particular section, I just found the direction it was heading rather distasteful when we should have been discussing the topic in hand. but thanks for trying to dumb it down for me.

I still don't understand why clubs voted against the reconstruction. It's ****ing mental. 

14-10-10-10, with Hearts, Partick and Stranraer staying up, Kelty and Brora coming up into the bottom, and some teams like Inverness and Falkirk getting a bonus promotion should have been the only logical outcome.  Kelty even said they would take no prize money, so it wouldn't have any affect on the end of season money... And Clubs still voted it down. 

We could have even arranged play offs for the teams that would "come up" in the spaces that would have been created - 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th play a one off game, 2nd v 4th, 3rd v 5th.  Winners of the first round playing each other, Winner takes all, at a neutral venue. 

Scottish football is one of those things that's so ****ing easy to sort out, yet no-one seems to want to. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

I still don't understand why clubs voted against the reconstruction. It's ****ing mental. 

14-10-10-10, with Hearts, Partick and Stranraer staying up, Kelty and Brora coming up into the bottom, and some teams like Inverness and Falkirk getting a bonus promotion should have been the only logical outcome.  Kelty even said they would take no prize money, so it wouldn't have any affect on the end of season money... And Clubs still voted it down. 

We could have even arranged play offs for the teams that would "come up" in the spaces that would have been created - 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th play a one off game, 2nd v 4th, 3rd v 5th.  Winners of the first round playing each other, Winner takes all, at a neutral venue. 

Scottish football is one of those things that's so ****ing easy to sort out, yet no-one seems to want to. 

It comes down to the very short term nature of Scottish football clubs chairmen.

For the Premiership, if it becomes 14 clubs with a 6/8 split, then you play every club twice (home and away) then play every team in your split twice home and away. But for some clubs with 12 teams you should get 3 home games against the old firm meaning 3 games with full away attendance. If say you get 3000 old firm fans at each game for £25 a ticket then that game brings in  £75,000 from away attendance. If a normal game brings in 750 away attendance (outside Hearts and Aberdeen) and you cant charge as much due to lack of interest (say £22) then that only brings in £16,500.

So you face a situation where a 14 team league, if you dont get into the top split then you get one less old firm game. So it means you are down £75,000. Even if you get two extra home games playing in the bottom group that only brings in an additional £33,000, no where near how much you would have got if it was a 12 game season.

Basically in this example for the sake of £42,000 quite a few Premiership clubs would not see the league worth it (and thats before you take into account how the original money from TV from Premiership would need split 14 ways instead of 12 ways.)

For League Two, you have the issue that clubs in the league seeing how successful promoted non-league teams have gone (they were 1st and 2nd in League Two this past season before the intruption) shows that clubs who are promoted are better than the clubs already in the league. Meaning less chance of promotion and more chance of relegation. So better to not let those clubs in.

In short, clubs voted against it because they are only interested about themselves and in that only what is best now for the club.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah that's kinda what I mean. And it getting voted or pushed thru even funnier in a way. All our legal fees paid please and then this all becomes sit back and laugh at them shaking our heads, rolling our eyes.

Vote yes, though. We have integrity.

That will be the best bit of all. We vote in favour of reconstruction, proving that we are actually more interested in what is good for Scottish football as a whole than our own self interest.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Don’t think we would ever want null and void ....

that means all fixtures played are null and the season effectively never happened, all results expunged. 
Think that would be a legal and commercial catastrophe.

It’s certainly NOT what Hearts want or have Included in their petition.

After playing out the season, which isn't going to happen, it remains the second most appropriate decision.

1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

You do realise that there are now around 150 senior clubs split between SPFL, HL, LL, EoS, WoS, SoS?

If you mean there should be fewer teams in the SPFL, then I would agree. At the very least L2 clubs should be absorbed into the HL and LL Pyramids.

What I mean by senior clubs are the 42 in the 4 main divisions. That is too many clubs who have a significant say in how football is governed.

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

All of this.

26 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It comes down to the very short term nature of Scottish football clubs chairmen.

For the Premiership, if it becomes 14 clubs with a 6/8 split, then you play every club twice (home and away) then play every team in your split twice home and away. But for some clubs with 12 teams you should get 3 home games against the old firm meaning 3 games with full away attendance. If say you get 3000 old firm fans at each game for £25 a ticket then that game brings in  £75,000 from away attendance. If a normal game brings in 750 away attendance (outside Hearts and Aberdeen) and you cant charge as much due to lack of interest (say £22) then that only brings in £16,500.

So you face a situation where a 14 team league, if you dont get into the top split then you get one less old firm game. So it means you are down £75,000. Even if you get two extra home games playing in the bottom group that only brings in an additional £33,000, no where near how much you would have got if it was a 12 game season.

Basically in this example for the sake of £42,000 quite a few Premiership clubs would not see the league worth it (and thats before you take into account how the original money from TV from Premiership would need split 14 ways instead of 12 ways.)

For League Two, you have the issue that clubs in the league seeing how successful promoted non-league teams have gone (they were 1st and 2nd in League Two this past season before the intruption) shows that clubs who are promoted are better than the clubs already in the league. Meaning less chance of promotion and more chance of relegation. So better to not let those clubs in.

In short, clubs voted against it because they are only interested about themselves and in that only what is best now for the club.

You're right although I think on your workings you've forgotten to include the £16,500 for the initial non old firm game so the difference is £25,500.

Apologies if I'm wrong.

Also the money being split between 14 instead of 12 isn't correct, the money is paid out 1-42 so the size of league is not important, however there is a huge difference between 12th and 13th which would need addressed.

Edited by graygo

Just now, graygo said:

You're right although I think on your workings you've forgotten to include the £16,500 for the initial non old firm game so the difference is £25,500.

Apologies if I'm wrong.

Clubs who are so skint that they can only survive with a guaranteed 3 home matches against the arse cheeks, don't have a robust business plan.

1 minute ago, Jambo66 said:

Clubs who are so skint that they can only survive with a guaranteed 3 home matches against the arse cheeks, don't have a robust business plan.

It's crazy.

Christ it would be cheaper to give the bottom 8 clubs the £22,500 each for missing out on an old firm game than the cost of the clusterfeck of a situation the league is in now. Especially when there would be no parachute payments to pay out this year.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

I completely agree. Its why Scottish football will not do something remotely bold and why tv companies have the spfl over a barrel.

13 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Indeed. Just as those who sell more tickets to them than their own fans don’t either.

6 hours ago, Gambo said:

Null and void?

If the panel decide the resolution vote was unlawful this would surely reset the league back to where it was after 30 games. The SPFL would also not have the authority to award the title to Celtic. A new resolution would be required to crown Celtic. The outcome of that could be fun.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )