SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

I've not really kept up with this but I thought the voting in the top league was an 11 and 1 split? Was the 11/1 use to ratify the change to the different ratio?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

tokyowalnut
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The main thing is SPFL want to force this through.

Lots of clubs - not just the No voters want a full, detailed discussion on coming to a consensus. 

The clubs have had 2 or 3 days to consider. It's a farce of a situation, clear as day that Peter Lawell is at the forefront of this.

Fozzyonthefence

Michael Stewart talking a lot of sense here.  Release the money now then worry about a resolution.

A 120 page document presented to the clubs on Wednesday and expected to vote on it within 2 days.  Except it turns out they really had 28 days to vote on it!  

And Hearts managed to **** up their own no vote at their first attempt!  

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

No, Sky and other broadcasters will not let a voided season lie.  

So they need us to crown Celtic champions but they don't need us to relegate someone? 

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So our vote got lost too at mid day or somebody didn’t press the send button?😂😂

Its all laughable.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The failed chippy owner was just schooled again.

The one person who seems to back the SPFL 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Using the prize money to hold a gun to the heads of the clubs is scandalous, just pay it out based on current positions (qualified by the proviso that it doesn’t mean champions/promotions/relegations) and THEN have a discussion about how to resolve this season- which does not need to be rushed right now. 

Pasquale for King

Looks like there was a **** up with our vote too, we thought we voted at 12pm and then the SPFL said it hadn’t received it and it was then sent.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Michael Stewart talking a lot of sense here.  Release the money now then worry about a resolution.

A 120 page document presented to the clubs on Wednesday and expected to vote on it within 2 days.  Except it turns out they really had 28 days to vote on it!  

And Hearts managed to **** up their own no vote at their first attempt!  

Not sure what form the votes take.

17 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Sportsound saying that Dundee voted no.  Signed slip seen by presenter

This gets more farcical by the day. 

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, stotty said:

How thick is Willie Miller. 

Deliberately thick when it comes to not getting his own way.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I've not really kept up with this but I thought the voting in the top league was an 11 and 1 split? Was the 11/1 use to ratify the change to the different ratio?

That’s only for reconstruction and other stuff 🤷🏾‍♂️, not this though 🤔. Just another layer of shambolic rules.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Shanks said:

So they need us to crown Celtic champions but they don't need us to relegate someone? 

Look mate, let's just end our thread here.  This season will not be completed , ever.  That means any outcome is going to be unfair.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Michael Stewart fighting our corner even Kenny Miller agrees.

Kenny is a wee bit thick though...lol.

Scott Gardner who signed the Inverness No vote on now.

About to give full time line.

Edited by Mikey1874

maroonsgotop
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So they reckon told people they were voting No, sent in a slip saying No, says skip has been seen, SPFL said it didn’t receive it. Dundee then asked for their vote to be ignored.

aye right. got their slip made the threatening call and Dundee say "aye, ok, we'll change our vote, just say it got lost in the post. no-one will ever know" 

Brechin city not being punished but Hearts, Patrick and Stranraer are... I wonder why 🤔 Perhaps Brechin City chairman and SPFL board member Ken Ferguson would be able to shed some light.

Willie Miller wont see anything unusual in missing emails.    A bit like missing invoices and final demands Willie?   Amirite?

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They got the email.

Partick and Inverness would be more obvious No voters. Dundee would the obvious one to go back to and negotiate with. 

Sorry Mikey I get your drift

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

That’s only for reconstruction and other stuff 🤷🏾‍♂️, not this though 🤔. Just another layer of shambolic rules.

Who decided what it does and doesn't apply to? I thought the SPFL was the clubs...and for them to have their say in the top league it needs 11 in agreement.

Anyway, thanks for the response, I'm sure this has been done to the death and I've just missed it all. Cheers 👍

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

Look mate, let's just end our thread here.  This season will not be completed , ever.  That means any outcome is going to be unfair.

Yea I get that but my suggestion of calling the season as it is and no relegation seemed like a decent option to me!  

Agreed that any outcome won't be fair for everyone

Heartsofgold
Just now, Shanks said:

Yea I get that but my suggestion of calling the season as it is and no relegation seemed like a decent option to me!  

Agreed that any outcome won't be fair for everyone

My only issue with it is that there can be no Scottish reps in Europe if we do.

The Old Tolbooth
29 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I can understand St Mirren and Hamilton voting for it, and even Aberdeen as they would secure a Euro spot, also Celtic. 

What I can’t understand is why Dundee Utd, Hibs, Inverness, and Motherwell would vote for it unless they’ve been offered cash to vote that way, this absolutely stinks to the high heavens! 

Dundee Utd are the worst for me, they could have voted against the proposals knowing full well it doesn’t even affect them as they’re going to be promoted anyway, they would have even saved some integrity of Scottish football! Hibs will lose out on derby cash, and that’s a lot of money for them, so they voted against us out of sheer bitterness imo, Inverness are the turkeys voting for Xmas, because they’ve just voted to stay down when they could have gone up if the leagues were to reconstruct, utter madness, and Motherwell would be in the Dundee Utd camp because nothing would affect them. 

If this transpires that we go down as a result of the way this has been done, then I’m not just finished with away grounds, I won’t put another penny into Scottish football and I hope they go bust, they absolutely deserve to! 

Just realised I’ve messed that up as Inverness voted against the proposal, the rest of my points still stand though. 

9 minutes ago, Shanks said:

So sky have said they are going to ask for all their money back unless we give Celtic the title?  Why would they even care about that? :lol:

If Sky did demand all their money back because it was a void season, surely subscribers would be able to do the same and demand their money back from Sky on the same basis?

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Who decided what it does and doesn't apply to? I thought the SPFL was the clubs...and for them to have their say in the top league it needs 11 in agreement.

Anyway, thanks for the response, I'm sure this has been done to the death and I've just missed it all. Cheers 👍

So this is all I can find, this was before the playoffs were brought in. It must’ve been changed at some point after this. I’m sure someone will know. Here’s FF on it.

1D182137-11E9-4B20-BA77-1582AA667E88.jpeg

38D8DE59-F1FA-409C-B134-3F2B1BACF345.jpeg

CD1A913C-F9A1-4178-9E48-B950409EA0D1.jpeg

E5A8CAC8-0057-4642-85F1-28EF29ECB354.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

scott gardner has got a list of who voted and when they voted

Says Partick, Inverness and Dundee discussed voting No. Even yesterday morning. 

And they would share their votes.

Edited by Mikey1874

Scott Gardiner didn't want to make a decision that would financially hurt another member club. 

If only others had that selfless point of view eh?

45 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hearts have beaten Hibs in any game that’s really mattered ever.  It’s no opinion, it’s fact.  And shiting it from them isn’t on the agenda. 

Wouldn’t be shitting it but you’d be stupid to think we would not be going into a hastily arranged game in a state of serious change whereas our opponents would be as per and this would all be due to this decision to expel Hearts from league without a chance to play out the season. 

Realistically, whatever is decided now will change dramatic before the crisis ends. 3 SPL clubs too go bust? What then? They still going to relegate us?

Its early doors folks... and even if we do start next up in the championship, we will come back up easily enough. Some clubs I'm certain just wont be around. Then will we need dramatic top to bottom league reconstruction? Maybe

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Says Partick, Inverness and Dundee discussed voting No. 

14.52 partick voted, 16.24 dundee voted, 16.39 ICT voted

queensferryjambo

Scott Gardiner very interesting and sounding very stressed telling the truth on the radio.

Saying Dundee sent their voting slip along with Partick and Inverness. So voting for the proposition would have failed. 

Something really weird going on. 

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

14.52 partick voted, 16.24 dundee voted, 16.39 ICT voted

And then another email circulated from Dundee confirming vote. 

Edited by Mikey1874

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )