SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

And this is why if we are relegated I'll bin Scottish football. 

Absolute shite house of an organisation. 

At the moment, I’m with you.  Everyone has their different breaking points.  Will I change my mind when we get back to playing football?  I honestly don’t know.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

jack D and coke
57 minutes ago, pablo said:

Stick with it Mate. Don't let the *******s win, we'll have to defend ourselves against everyone and we need all of us to have a chance. 

True man👍🏼
Too much booze last couple of days :lol: 

**** them all. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hearts could play our youths and beat Hibs in the semi final.  I prefer that outcome to giving them a bye and losing out on £1m tbh. 

I'd rather the whole tournament was scrapped.

40 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

As P to P states, if the season is called now, then there Will be one or more clubs hitting admin now and getting the penalty now..this season.  but if they call it then 1 or more will get the penalty next year, and as a collective is no punishment?  We should go mental if the call the league now and some go into admin 5 mins later

No thats not right any club who go into admin due to this crisis will get NO penalty because its as a result of the force majeur.

Its in the rules posted earlier.

Edited by Jamboelite

pettigrewsstylist

Anyone else thinking that this incomplete and early voting declaration is a gift for any club to legally challenge it and get their own way.

Cant see any guy in a wig and gown entertaining this Medellinesque panto.

11 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

No thats not right any club who go into admin due to this crisis will get NO penalty because its as a result of the force majeur.

Its in the rules posted earlier.

But could these clubs see out an administration with no money coming in and football debts to pay?

1 hour ago, pablo said:

Stick with it Mate. Don't let the *******s win, we'll have to defend ourselves against everyone and we need all of us to have a chance. 

Correct .... **** them all 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Gambo said:

But could these clubs see out an administration with no money coming in and football debts to pay?

No club should need admin anyway. Between furloughling, the ability to use Article 12 on players and deferral from banks their debts falling due should be controlled.

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Hampden need the cash.  No chance of that happening with them also needing a sponsor next season too. 

22games nro

hate when it’s mentioned we will be relegated.  If it goes through we will be expelled not relegated 

from the spfl rules 

C17   At the end of each Season (following completion of ALL League Matches in the Premiership in that Season) the Club in position 12 in the Premiership shall be relegated to play and be eligible to participate in the Championship for and during the next Season.

well there won’t be a completion of ALL league matches so definitely Expulsion in my eyes .  Small point but it gets my goat.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We are to be expelled/demoted to save a few clubs.

Sporting Integrity 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Integrity has been a joke ever since the 5 way agreement.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Good point. If they go bust reconstruction will need to happen and they would need to promote more teams into the top league if it was St Mirren or Hamilton 🤞.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Hampden need the cash.  No chance of that happening with them also needing a sponsor next season too. 

Which is why we should pull out if we are shafted.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Sporting Integrity 😂🤣😂🤣😂

I don’t really care about sporting integrity at all.  Neither does anyone really.  It’s all about the club staying up. 

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Sporting Integrity 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Essentially we're being milked to save others.    Taxed.      Others survive at our financial cost.     

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Which is why we should pull out if we are shafted.

What good would that do? They will still make their money and reinstate the huns or give Hibs a bye to the final.  Sitting watching a Hibs Celtic final instead of getting the opportunity to try and stick it up both them doesn’t sit right.  We would also lose loads of money desperately needed. 

Edited by Last Laff

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Integrity has been a joke ever since the 5 way agreement.

Ain't that the truth. Guess Celtic were owed a favour after 2012.

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Well thats different and what happens next ? The team next in line comes up? So it still wouldnt help us.

I dont know but im less inclined to blame these clubs when the decision shouldnt have been theirs in the first place, thats what the SPFL should be doing.

colinmaroon
27 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Money is the leverage here - if teams are really that desperate for cash now - the whole premise of this shitshow - then reconstruction would get through of it was the only option available.

Corruption pure and simple!

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Absolutely no need to scrap this season's Scottish Cup, it's only three games and could be played within seven days. It would also be a nice gesture to give all the gate receipts from the three games to NHS Scotland. 

What kind of a team will we be able to field should our better players invoke relegation clauses. 

Just now, stevie1874 said:

What kind of a team will we be able to field should our better players invoke relegation clauses. 

A team that will beat Hibs, give the club a lift and make us million plus. 

Heartsofgold

If league reconstruction can save Aberdeen in 1995 & 2000,  when both seasons played to a full conclusion, then there is nothing underhand about reconstruction again to take care of an incomplete season.  Celtic given the title, (let's face it they are going to win it any way) and promote DU and ICT into the Premiership with similar reconstruction of Championship down.  Simples.

Just now, stevie1874 said:

Those clauses are there to protect us as well and we wont be wanting to keep many.

More important is how the hell do you recruit during all this in preparation for a season that has no start date.

Just now, Last Laff said:

A team that will beat Hibs, give the club a lift and make us million plus. 

Matter of opinion. Who is our manager?

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

If league reconstruction can save Aberdeen in 1995 & 2000,  when both seasons played to a full conclusion, then there is nothing underhand about reconstruction again to take care of an incomplete season.  Celtic given the title, (let's face it they are going to win it any way) and promote DU and ICT into the Premiership with similar reconstruction of Championship down.  Simples.

Not simple at all as no one wants it in the top flight bar us and we need an 11-1 vote.

Heartsofgold
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Not simple at all as no one wants it in the top flight bar us and we need an 11-1 vote.

Do they want a protracted legal dogfight played out instead cos that's where this is heading.  The missing Dundee vote stinks and, as others have already said, their publicly released statement yesterday will be argued as them voting no.  The missing vote pish stinks like a sewer and any competent legal team will have an interim interdict on the SPFL faster than they can believe.  

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Probably not any worse than the shower of imposters we've had to endure this season. And even they managed to beat Hibs twice. 

manaliveits105

So in SPFL world when Hearts were in financial difficulties Hearts were deducted 15 points and relegated into further financial difficulty

and now other clubs maybe in  financial difficulties so Hearts will be relegated and put into  financial difficulties 

seems fair as long as the plastic paddies get the half a championship flag they are desperate for.

It comes down to most of the other clubs refusing to take a share of the financial burden.    To compromise a bit to ensure nobody takes the brunt.

Others are happy to see one club smashed to the tune of millions to save them from losing a couple of hundred thousand.    There is no voting system to prevent the injustice it represents.    The decision should have been given to an independent person or group.

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Feck that! Imagine they relegated us. What team would we put out in the semi by the time it is played in October? Plus we should send a message to the arseholes in charge of the game as well.

I certainly would not be playing the semi final unless we were getting the gate money from it which would seem unlikely. 

Tell them that **** off we're preparing for the Championship . 

9 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Why not 3 up and 1 down? 

I can't see how you can say on the one hand Dundee United deserve to come up even though the season hasnt finished but hearts don't deserve to go down because the seasons finished.  Has zero logic to me. 

9 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Matter of opinion. Who is our manager?

Hearts have beaten Hibs in any game that’s really mattered ever.  It’s no opinion, it’s fact.  And shiting it from them isn’t on the agenda. 

davemclaren
40 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Does anyone know for sure if Hearts actually voted ? 

I believe that is the key to legal action from Hearts. 

Not so sure about The Rangers though. 

Apparently their was one Premier team abstained. 

No idea. This is murkier than a pint of slops. 

I can't see the Scottish Cup being played. 

By the time football gets back to normal it will be time for NEXT SEASON'S competition to start. 

If the season is being called as finished then that should include the Cup as well. 

I realise it's an SFA competition and they may want their pound of flesh. 

Nothing surprises me anymore. 

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Why not 3 up and 1 down? 

I can't see how you can say on the one hand Dundee United deserve to come up even though the season hasnt finished but hearts don't deserve to go down because the seasons finished.  Has zero logic to me. 

Because promotion is 2 places not 3.  But by all means, go on and argue the toss. 

The simple and easily explained decision is to award all the promotion places and no relegation.  As others have said, us going down with much higher resources than any other team in the Championship makes it much harder for any of those teams to gain promotion next year.  Promote DU & ICT, that takes the best teams out of that league into the Premiership, no relegation so a strong Premiership team, that will be instant favourites to run away with the Championship title, to hamper the 2020/2020 Championship promotion race.  Is it simple......to me it is but then what do I know.  The SPFL/SFA have never been one to accept the simple obvious path .

Edited by Heartsofgold

Just now, luckydug said:

I can't see the Scottish Cup being played. 

By the time football gets back to normal it will be time for NEXT SEASON'S competition to start. 

If the season is being called as finished then that should include the Cup as well. 

I realise it's an SFA competition and they may want their pound of flesh. 

Nothing surprises me anymore. 

Celtic will menace,  bribe and dictate to get it played.    They've stolen another title.    They'll want it to be part of another treble.

13 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Corruption pure and simple!

In what way is it corruption?  You wouldn’t even care if it wasn’t hearts at the bottom.  

It’s a carve up to get what they want but it’s hardly corruption. 

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

What good would that do? They will still make their money and reinstate the huns or give Hibs a bye to the final.  Sitting watching a Hibs Celtic final instead of getting the opportunity to try and stick it up both them doesn’t sit right.  We would also lose loads of money desperately needed. 

It’s like biting of your nose to spite your face for me. 

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Because promotion is 2 places not 3.  

Right so how are you picking the two teams to come up?  I don't think teams should be promoted based on an incomplete season, it's unfair on Dundee Ayr etc.  

I get it we are Hearts fans so want the best for our club but I just can't see them throwing together a league reconstruction purely to keep us in the top division. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

In what way is it corruption?  You wouldn’t even care if it wasn’t hearts at the bottom.  

Oh look Mr Contrary dressed as the devil's advocate is in town again😏

Just now, Last Laff said:

- Disclosing the voting results when the vote was not finished.
- Pressuring for a vote by 5pm when the rules state the clubs have 28 days to vote
- Losing a "sent" vote

- Influencing the club of the missing vote in an attempt to change their vote

- Shitting on Partick from a great height
- Linking this vote to getting much needed end of season case

This is an absolute affront to sporting integrity and the motivation should NOT be to hand Celtic a ****ing title but to save/protect as many clubs as possible from going to the wall. They could easily vote on a quick rule change to distribute funds now and work out the wider ramifications as the lockdown situation progresses. 

HardcoreJambo
15 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

hate when it’s mentioned we will be relegated.  If it goes through we will be expelled not relegated 

from the spfl rules 

C17   At the end of each Season (following completion of ALL League Matches in the Premiership in that Season) the Club in position 12 in the Premiership shall be relegated to play and be eligible to participate in the Championship for and during the next Season.

well there won’t be a completion of ALL league matches so definitely Expulsion in my eyes .  Small point but it gets my goat.

We deserve to be bottom of the table and I believe we would have been relegated outright even if the season had continued. The BBC had a predictor that concluded we would finish bottom. We've been the worst performing side in the league for 18 months or more. Stendel was a terrible appointment who could only muster up 2 wins in the league against The Rangers and the hobos. if we are relegated we have little complaints. We only have ourselves to blame.

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No club should need admin anyway. Between furloughling, the ability to use Article 12 on players and deferral from banks their debts falling due should be controlled.

Yes, I was thinking it should be much easier for the part time teams to ride this out as they can presumably furlough all of their staff.🤷‍♂️

maroonsgotop
2 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

There might not be any football till this time next year,   or later ?   We have too much to sort out with this covid19..   no amount of people can mix until theres a vaccine ready,,, this we  all know,  it's a long way till anything is going to be near normal,,,     but it would be nice to see where we stand asap ?        It does look like were playing in a lower league that's for sure,,, let's see where this all ends...and if so ,, let's hope a few teams who wanted all this ends up with shit on their faces .......

here's hoping. they certainly will not be getting my maroon pounds

2 minutes ago, HardcoreJambo said:

We deserve to be bottom of the table and I believe we would have been relegated outright even if the season had continued. The BBC had a predictor that concluded we would finish bottom. We've been the worst performing side in the league for 18 months or more. Stendel was a terrible appointment who could only muster up 2 wins in the league against The Rangers and the hobos. if we are relegated we have little complaints. We only have ourselves to blame.

Time to change your username hard-core? Jambo?

You can't be relegated by a vote based on self interest.

15 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Do they want a protracted legal dogfight played out instead cos that's where this is heading.  The missing Dundee vote stinks and, as others have already said, their publicly released statement yesterday will be argued as them voting no.  The missing vote pish stinks like a sewer and any competent legal team will have an interim interdict on the SPFL faster than they can believe.  

I think we should go to court but if we win courts will just void the result and order a new one.  Which will probably go the same way.  Might protract things for a while.

Also like the idea of Hearts putting under 19 team out in Cup semi and we don't buy any tickets. 

David McCaig
41 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

With ourselves as Champions obviously!!

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )