SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

The Old Tolbooth

I can understand St Mirren and Hamilton voting for it, and even Aberdeen as they would secure a Euro spot, also Celtic. 

What I can’t understand is why Dundee Utd, Hibs, Inverness, and Motherwell would vote for it unless they’ve been offered cash to vote that way, this absolutely stinks to the high heavens! 

Dundee Utd are the worst for me, they could have voted against the proposals knowing full well it doesn’t even affect them as they’re going to be promoted anyway, they would have even saved some integrity of Scottish football! Hibs will lose out on derby cash, and that’s a lot of money for them, so they voted against us out of sheer bitterness imo, Inverness are the turkeys voting for Xmas, because they’ve just voted to stay down when they could have gone up if the leagues were to reconstruct, utter madness, and Motherwell would be in the Dundee Utd camp because nothing would affect them. 

If this transpires that we go down as a result of the way this has been done, then I’m not just finished with away grounds, I won’t put another penny into Scottish football and I hope they go bust, they absolutely deserve to! 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

In what way is it corruption?  You wouldn’t even care if it wasn’t hearts at the bottom.  

It’s a carve up to get what they want but it’s hardly corruption. 

Publishing results and pressuring another team after a so-called deadline?

Not corrupt though.

7 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Right so how are you picking the two teams to come up?  I don't think teams should be promoted based on an incomplete season, it's unfair on Dundee Ayr etc.  

I get it we are Hearts fans so want the best for our club but I just can't see them throwing together a league reconstruction purely to keep us in the top division. 

How is Hearts being relegated in incomplete season fair then?

husref musemic
5 minutes ago, HardcoreJambo said:

We deserve to be bottom of the table and I believe we would have been relegated outright even if the season had continued. The BBC had a predictor that concluded we would finish bottom. We've been the worst performing side in the league for 18 months or more. Stendel was a terrible appointment who could only muster up 2 wins in the league against The Rangers and the hobos. if we are relegated we have little complaints. We only have ourselves to blame.

what with a quarter of the season left to play. aye ok then.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, HardcoreJambo said:

We deserve to be bottom of the table and I believe we would have been relegated outright even if the season had continued. The BBC had a predictor that concluded we would finish bottom. We've been the worst performing side in the league for 18 months or more. Stendel was a terrible appointment who could only muster up 2 wins in the league against The Rangers and the hobos. if we are relegated we have little complaints. We only have ourselves to blame.

I agree with all of that except your last 2 sentences (and even with your last sentence there are a lot of people the finger can be pointed at). What’s your thoughts on Partick getting demoted with a game it hand?

maroonsgotop
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

If as someone said, the SFA are still wanting Scottish Cup finished, we should be threatening league finish = season finished including SC.

after Celtic are awarded the league they'll no doubt try and come up with some other nonsense to hand them the cup as well

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Right so how are you picking the two teams to come up?  I don't think teams should be promoted based on an incomplete season, it's unfair on Dundee Ayr etc.  

I get it we are Hearts fans so want the best for our club but I just can't see them throwing together a league reconstruction purely to keep us in the top division. 

I'm picking them as the current holders of the top 2 positions.  Just like we are being picked for expulsion due to our current position (yes, I'm deliberatly using explution).

So what's your solution then???  This season is NEVER going to be completed.  NEVER.

Your argument means the Celtic cannot be awarded the title as that's the Premiership equivalent of promotion,  That means 1 option.  Voiding the season completely.  This will also never happen as the sponsers and broadcasters will want their money back. Millions that the SPFL don't have.  It would also involve ZERO prize money being handed to clubs.  Nothing, nada, zilch.  Is that a viable option in your opinion??  Voiding the season means no representatives for the 2020/2021 European competitions.  Do the think the Glasgow Arse Cheeks or the Sheep will be happy with that outcome?

Pasquale for King
Just now, Darth Sidious said:

Lets see the cover up start on Sportsound just starting on BBC Radio Scotland.

Tuned in early, can’t believe these two morons have been shouting into their mics and been paid for Off the Ball for 25 years.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

How is Hearts being relegated in incomplete season fair then?

It isn't and it shouldn't happen.  What should happen is either the season is void or its played to a finish.

No one should be rewarded or punished in an incomplete season, folk saying Dundee United should be promoted but hearts not relegated are looking at this with Hearts bias.

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, HardcoreJambo said:

If we finished bottom after all the games are played, we would have no complaint. There are 24 points for us to play for, with all the teams at the bottom still to play each other at least once. Both teams can’t win a match so points would be lost.

Stendel was given Levein’s ragtag mob to try to show how to perform, which barring the St Mirren result, he was starting to get some dividend from. I’m saying this as a fan who came out of Paisley thinking we were in a big hole. 

Why are the teams above us so afraid to finish the season whenever possible? It’s very unlikely that a full season can be played next time. Why hit 2 seasons with restricted fixtures when you can agree to get the first one finished, in time?
This is all about Celtic wanting 10 in a row. This one with an asterisk, and 4 without Rangers in their league, and the next one still to play for.

It’s pathetic.

Fozzyonthefence

Listening to Sportsound, what a ****ing shambles!

Sounds like Dundee submitted their no vote then looking at changing their mind!

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Stendelsarmy
15 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

- Disclosing the voting results when the vote was not finished.
- Pressuring for a vote by 5pm when the rules state the clubs have 28 days to vote
- Losing a "sent" vote

- Influencing the club of the missing vote in an attempt to change their vote

- Shitting on Partick from a great height
- Linking this vote to getting much needed end of season case

This is an absolute affront to sporting integrity and the motivation should NOT be to hand Celtic a ****ing title but to save/protect as many clubs as possible from going to the wall. They could easily vote on a quick rule change to distribute funds now and work out the wider ramifications as the lockdown situation progresses. 

Spot on 

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Corruption pure and simple!

Colin when I say this to my mate he thinks it's my imagine. 

As far as I'm concerned they are corrupt. 

I detest  that organisation. 

Darth Sidious
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Sportsound saying that Dundee voted no.  Signed slip seen by presenter

This is stinking to high heaven.

Kheredine  BBC says he's seen Dundee's voting slip signed by John Helms and John Nelms told Partick and Inverness email was sent. SPFL say email not received.

But Dundee then emailed SPFL after 5pm to say not to consider their vote.

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Darth Sidious said:

This is stinking to high heaven.

Think someone has had a word with Dundee and now they will change their mind 

34 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

What kind of a team will we be able to field should our better players invoke relegation clauses. 

It doesn’t matter as long as we have11 guys on the park that give 100%......But then if we’d had that already we’d no be in this position  now.

Tom English saying Dundee now proposing a new resolution. Some discussions took place yesterday. But John Nelms has turned his phone off today. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Pasquale for King

So they reckon told people they were voting No, sent in a slip saying No, says skip has been seen, SPFL said it didn’t receive it. Dundee then asked for their vote to be ignored.

NaturalOrder74
Just now, PTBCAL said:

You'd imagine if they were to change their mind they would have had to do it there and then 

Now that they have delayed their mind change its exposed the whole thing and both Dundee and that mob cant hide it

Darth Sidious

SFPL sounding very suspect in this.  Oh we didnt get a No vote but they received one that now Dundee are saying to ignore.

ToadKiller Dog

It's pretty clear Dundee have been got at ,any other reason just doesnt make sense .

Tin pot amateur clubbie corruption.

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I'm picking them as the current holders of the top 2 positions.  Just like we are being picked for expulsion due to our current position (yes, I'm deliberatly using explution).

So what's your solution then???  This season is NEVER going to be completed.  NEVER.

Your argument means the Celtic cannot be awarded the title as that's the Premiership equivalent of promotion,  That means 1 option.  Voiding the season completely.  This will also never happen as the sponsers and broadcasters will want their money back. Millions that the SPFL don't have.  It would also involve ZERO prize money being handed to clubs.  Nothing, nada, zilch.  Is that a viable option in your opinion??  Voiding the season means no representatives for the 2020/2021 European competitions.  Do the think the Glasgow Arse Cheeks or the Sheep will be happy with that outcome?

If there is no chance of the season being finished and no chance of the season being voided then I would say we end the season as it is with no promotion or relegation. 

Why should Dundee United be in the top division when they haven't even won their league? Why should they and another random team be invited to join the top league?  What logic is there in doing that and deciding that Hearts should remain in the same league with them? 

If they want to finish the season as it is then fine do that then, hand out the prize money for where clubs have finished but there shouldn't be promotion/relegation and Celtic shouldn't be handed the title for a league they didn't win. 

Why don't they have a vote on that outcome and see how it looks. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Kheredine  BBC says he's seen Dundee's voting slip signed by John Helms and John Nelms told Partick and Inverness email was sent. SPFL say email not received.

But Dundee then emailed SPFL after 5pm to say not to consider their vote.

Exactly. If SPFL said they didn't receive email from Dundee why did Dundee contact them to tell them they wanted them to disregard their vote?

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Absolute certainty.  Why would they ask their vote to be considered not cast if they thought the had already voted no?!  They wouldn’t want to be seen as the team scuppering this deal and putting clubs at risk - this is the pressure that will be getting put on them now.

Heartsofgold

If there is no chance of the season being finished and no chance of the season being voided then I would say we end the season as it is with no promotion or relegation. 

Why should Dundee United be in the top division when they haven't even won their league? Why should they and another random team be invited to join the top league?  What logic is there in doing that and deciding that Hearts should remain in the same league with them? 

If they want to finish the season as it is then fine do that then, hand out the prize money for where clubs have finished but there shouldn't be promotion/relegation and Celtic shouldn't be handed the title for a league they didn't win. 

Why don't they have a vote on that outcome and see how it looks. 

That's voiding the season!!!!!  

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tom English saying Dundee now proposing a new resolution. Some discussions took place yesterday. But John Nelms has turned his phone off today. 

Probably too busy talking to Doncaster on his other phone.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

tokyowalnut

Only in Scottish football would this shambles happen. Well, maybe Russian or Italian football! 

I'm close to being done with football if Dundee come back with a yes vote, clearly there is pressure being put on. All the statement had to say last night was that no resolution had been found. No clubs named. 

We have said for years that the SFA/SPL/SPFL is a corrupt, backward administration.

Proven correct, again. 

2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

That's voiding the season!!!!!  

So sky have said they are going to ask for all their money back unless we give Celtic the title?  Why would they even care about that? :lol:

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Funny how one email saying no, fails to arrive. The other saying whoa, does

Stitch up

They got the email.

Partick and Inverness would be more obvious No voters. Dundee would the obvious one to go back to and negotiate with. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Probably too busy talking to Doncaster on his other phone.

Good point. 3 days of negotiations till Dundee vote Yes on Tuesday. 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Funny how one email saying no, fails to arrive. The other saying whoa, does

Stitch up

Does anybody know any ethical hackers who could look into this 🙂 

Heartsofgold

So sky have said they are going to ask for all their money back unless we give Celtic the title?  Why would they even care about that? :lol:

No, Sky and other broadcasters will not let a voided season lie.  

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

They got the email.

Partick and Inverness would be more obvious No voters. Dundee would the obvious one to go back to and negotiate with. 

Mikey, the SPFL didn't get Dundees no email. As far as I recall

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

Only in Scottish football would this shambles happen. Well, maybe Russian or Italian football! 

I'm close to being done with football if Dundee come back with a yes vote, clearly there is pressure being put on. All the statement had to say last night was that no resolution had been found. No clubs named. 

We have said for years that the SFA/SPL/SPFL is a corrupt, backward administration.

Proven correct, again. 

The main thing is SPFL want to force this through.

Lots of clubs - not just the No voters want a full, detailed discussion on coming to a consensus. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Costanza said:

Michael Stewart was bang on there. 

Money can be released now, it doesn't need this resolution 

Indeed. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )