SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

annushorribilis III
15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If I was sending an email that important I’d be making sure I got a read receipt on it. 

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, stuff it. Just let people keep dying. 

I really hope none of your relatives fall ill with this virus and can't get the medical help they need. 

That post is as stupid as it gets .

The Future's Maroon

WE have been presented with evidence via a whistleblower that raises serious concerns surrounding the SPFL’s processes relating to its stewardship of the voting on the resolution presented to member Clubs. 

Rangers’ Interim Chairman, Douglas Park, attempted to discuss this evidence with SPFL chief executive, Neil Doncaster, who initially refused to do so. The SPFL followed up that call with an e-mail, which we believe was a thinly disguised attempt to silence legitimate concerns. 

Rangers will not be bullied into silence. We believe it is in the interests of all Scottish clubs and supporters that the evidence, which is alarming, be addressed as quickly as possible.

The voting debacle and the evidence we possess raise serious questions concerning the corporate governance of the SPFL.

Mr Park said: “The lack of leadership and responsibility from the SPFL as a members’ organisation has shocked me. If ever there was a time for complete openness and transparency, it is now. Crucial decisions are being made on the issues of promotion and relegation behind closed doors and without proper time for consideration or debate. 

“The farcical conduct of this affair seems to me to bring the corporate governance and business operations of the SPFL into sharp focus. It is an example of an undemocratic culture, which has existed within the SPFL for far too long.

“As a member club, we are disturbed by the evidence that has been presented and feel there is no choice but to call for an independent investigation into this entire matter. Each member of the SPFL board has a duty to its members to ensure that such an investigation is instructed without delay. 

“All we ask for is equality and respect. In the past few days, we have become alarmed at a seeming lack of even-handedness and fair play from the SPFL. This is surely unacceptable and, if substantiated, must be remedied. 

“Other member clubs, who have seen the evidence we hold, share our concerns.

“We call for the suspension of the SPFL’s Chief Executive, Neil Doncaster and its legal adviser, Rod McKenzie while an independent investigation is conducted.”

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Oooh Rangers statements a ****ing cracker

Agree, wish we had the balls to also release similar type statement. 

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

RFC Statement ......

WE have been presented with evidence via a whistleblower that raises serious concerns surrounding the SPFL’s processes relating to its stewardship of the voting on the resolution presented to member Clubs.

Rangers’ Interim Chairman, Douglas Park, attempted to discuss this evidence with SPFL chief executive, Neil Doncaster, who initially refused to do so. The SPFL followed up that call with an e-mail, which we believe was a thinly disguised attempt to silence legitimate concerns.

Rangers will not be bullied into silence. We believe it is in the interests of all Scottish clubs and supporters that the evidence, which is alarming, be addressed as quickly as possible.

The voting debacle and the evidence we possess raise serious questions concerning the corporate governance of the SPFL.

Mr Park said: “The lack of leadership and responsibility from the SPFL as a members’ organisation has shocked me. If ever there was a time for complete openness and transparency, it is now. Crucial decisions are being made on the issues of promotion and relegation behind closed doors and without proper time for consideration or debate.

“The farcical conduct of this affair seems to me to bring the corporate governance and business operations of the SPFL into sharp focus. It is an example of an undemocratic culture, which has existed within the SPFL for far too long.

“As a member club, we are disturbed by the evidence that has been presented and feel there is no choice but to call for an independent investigation into this entire matter. Each member of the SPFL board has a duty to its members to ensure that such an investigation is instructed without delay.

“All we ask for is equality and respect. In the past few days, we have become alarmed at a seeming lack of even-handedness and fair play from the SPFL. This is surely unacceptable and, if substantiated, must be remedied.

“We call for the suspension of the SPFL’s Chief Executive, Neil Doncaster and its legal adviser, Rod McKenzie while an independent investigation is conducted.”

I hate the rangers , but this.....

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

RFC Statement ......

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

...end of the SPFL as we know it. About time!

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Hats off to Rangers. That statement is brilliant. 
Superb stuff

Brilliantly absolute fecking brilliant. Corruption and collusion throughout the SPFL. Ann should join ranks with the hun demand an independent enquiry 

Dundee and Doncaster have to come out and say something.   Mostly Dundee!  They've clearly voted no, it can't be changed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Best day of the season.  Almost as good as what our semifinal would have been 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Liewell will be hanging the mutant out to dry now to cover his own arse.

He needs to go as well. It’s been evident for ages that they have been getting there own way no matter what. The good of the game and sporting integrity mean nothing to him and his like. 

Thanks for the heads up about this show on BBC Scotland, it's not geo blocked either! This is entertaining and scandalous at the same time and I believe this is just the beginning, as others have said Dundee are going to look very bad if they change their vote, the drama continues!

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Come on Ann! Time for war!

I know I sound like a broken record but I really want to hear from our club. 

That isn't the usual PR bullying bluff statement either - it is unequivocal and will have been passed by their lawyers before publishing.

Ooft. 

Outstanding Rangers. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Let's make our support of this public. This institution needs to be demolished.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Hearts better update our position.   

Doncaster is finished.    The investigation could nail Lawwell.

Too slippery he will sent a messenger 

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Brilliantly absolute fecking brilliant. Corruption and collusion throughout the SPFL. Ann should join ranks with the hun demand an independent enquiry 

incoming surely 👍👍

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

That isn't the usual PR bullying bluff statement either - it is unequivocal and will have been passed by their lawyers before publishing.

Ooft. 

It's actual evidence. 

**** me wow. Rangers taking the fight to the SPFL. I wish Ann Budge would get the balls and release a similar statement out the pressure full on. **** Neil doncaster

Just now, Homme said:

I know I sound like a broken record but I really want to hear from our club. 

100% this: ICT & Rangers have done their bit ..... We must step up now.

tokyowalnut

Don't think I've ever agreed with Rangers about anything, that statement is an absolute belter though. 

The gloves are off.

Come on Anne, back that up with a strong statement now.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )