SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, bean counter said:

I said before Aberdeen have previous for it

That was when Stewart Milne was in charge. I thought the new Guy was rolling in it and wouldn’t need payed off by Celtic. Where’s our resident sheep stalker, maybe he could shed some light. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Just now, Squirt said:

A guy on Twitter who writes articles exclusively about Rangers is claiming it's us that haven't voted.

I wonder if that's why Budge said she wasn't worried about us being relegated just now, and if it does eventually happen she'll deal with it. Maybe she's known all along we can drag this out and bend the leagues over a barrel the same as they're doing to us.

Very good news. 

IveSeenTheLight
14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just heard from a good source that Hearts and Rangers abstained and Aberdeen voted no.

11 out of the 12 teams have apparently voted.

10 to 1 so seems only 1 team has not voted

Quite a clever move by the clubs abstaining, hopefully taking the maximum time possible, and calling the SPFL bluff.

Pressure on clubs desperate for the cash now,who hopefully will pressure the SPFL into a sensible solution.

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Because some clubs are desperate for cash and could suffer administration events which will obviously bring about point deductions

:sarcasm:

There won’t be any points deductions.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

So Aberdeen voted to take the Celtic Shilling then.

If Aberdeen have voted yes then will be interesting to see if there are any future transfers or loans next season between them and Celtic......

If it turns out it's us that haven't voted and if it turns out every single vote is need to declare the result and it's confirmed we've got another 3 weeks to decide. I'll praise Ann Budge and say well played that lady, lets try and shaft as many clubs as we can in the meantime.

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Yes and your club has joined the ranks of the rest where self interest is the priority.

I would suggest you dont post for awhile.

Edited by Jamboelite

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Quite a clever move by the clubs abstaining, hopefully taking the maximum time possible, and calling the SPFL bluff.

Pressure on clubs desperate for the cash now,who hopefully will pressure the SPFL into a sensible solution.

In reality only 1 of those clubs now matters though. The championship team.

Get this snakey trawlerman cuckoo-in-the-nest to ****.   

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

aberceltic have shat the bed 😂

Your mob finally doing as Lawell tells them?

queensferryjambo
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

There won’t be any points deductions.

Correct.

If they can change the rules to finish the league demote us and crown Celtic Champions.they will change the rules to not deduct points due to circumstances. 

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

So Aberdeen voted to take the Celtic Shilling then.

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

And your mob have clearly voted yes so on here might not be The right place for you right now. 

I said previously my position would be  that if we cannot complete the season to call as is, but have a one season league reconstruction.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

In reality only 1 of those clubs now matters though. The championship team.

Yes but if all votes are required regardless of the outcome then it doesnt matter whether one of the three is crucial it will require all 42 votes.

I really hope its us holding the last card even if its just petty and delaying the inevitable.

Edited by Jamboelite

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

And your mob have clearly voted yes so on here might not be The right place for you right now. 

This. The mutton molesting fish farmer and that Scumdee Hibernian fan can fecking bolt of a cliff. 

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Points deductions galore :greggy:

15 pts off St Liedoon would be good - ive no idea of practicalities - i'm just waffling :)

Ill happily press the flush on Celtics Paisley academy and rest home though.

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, Squirt said:

A guy on Twitter who writes articles exclusively about Rangers is claiming it's us that haven't voted.

I wonder if that's why Budge said she wasn't worried about us being relegated just now, and if it does eventually happen she'll deal with it. Maybe she's known all along we can drag this out and bend the leagues over a barrel the same as they're doing to us.

Our vote is irrelevant, other than as a delaying tactic, its the Championship abstained vote that is key, if whoever it is comes out in favour of the resolution at any point in the next 20 odd days then the resolution is passed.

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

what a surprise your mob bending over and doing whatever celtic want

Stendelsarmy

How the **** have they managed to get the current standings of the vote out in the public domain before all teams had voted?

Surely the vote is compromised at that point and needs to be declared void

I said previously my position would be  that if we cannot complete the season to call as is, but have a one season league reconstruction.

Your club are a ****ing disgrace. 

Remember when you veto'd an end to the 11-1 system too?

Shitehouses. 

Heres Rixxy

Sorry but I am done with Scottish football. Absolute joke of a nation in just about every aspect of every sport. 

Alternatively the 3 abstentions are us, Patrick and Stranraer as the clubs penalised with being demoted

1 it gives us 28 days to negotiate a better solution

2 it possibly enables a stronger case for legal action.

Fingers crossed this has been an orchestrated move by those clubs.

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Our vote is irrelevant, other than as a delaying tactic, its the Championship abstained vote that is key, if whoever it is comes out in favour of the resolution at any point in the next 20 odd days then the resolution is passed.

Not if there is a legal requirement for all 42 clubs to vote and that we have 28days to do it.

Leveins Battalion

Aberdeen and Hibs were always going to vote for this.Both horrible clubs that deserve everything that is coming to them.

TheGoodLord
11 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Can someone please confirm if I've got this right please?

Regardless of the motion passing or failing, it cannot be declared either way until every single club has voted. So if it's Hearts that haven't voted yet we could just say we're going to take our sweet time, come ask us again in 3 weeks. If your club has hit the wall by that time, tough tits to you?

But surely if in the meantime they get the required amount of votes it won’t matter if any clubs haven’t voted. 

1 minute ago, Stendelsarmy said:

How the **** have they managed to get the current standings of the vote out in the public domain before all teams had voted?

Thats a very fair point. 

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

How many clubs do you reckon can go another 26 days without this money? Considering the whole point of the vote being held now was how desperate they are for cash?

Hearts could say we’ll give you our vote at 23:59 on the last day of the deadline. Or, you can confirm the league will be extended and we’ll give you our vote now. 

Hearts will last longer than a lot of these other smaller clubs. 

I could well be wrong in my understanding, but I think Budge has had an ace up her sleeve this whole time and she’s known it.

7 minutes ago, Stendelsarmy said:

Remind yourself who is organising this shambles.

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, milky_26 said:

what a surprise your mob bending over and doing whatever celtic want

I don’t believe it’s about taking any cheeks side.

Its becoming apparent the league is unable to complete within the timeline.

call as is, reconstruct for one season and then plan for football season to start in August (hopefully)

Just now, Jambos1983 said:

Inverness will vote for it in the end I reckon. Shambles

even if they do, you have to say that ever move strengthens our legal argument 

SPFL say

1. vote to finish league and we will give you prize money 

2. do this in 2 days and not 28 as per usual period

in summary, vote our proposal and we will give you money!! 

it wouldn’t take the best lawyer in the world to explain how corrupt that proposal is ! 

on top of that, they set a deadline and the result didn’t pass, as in most election if you abstain then it’s a no. But instead they publish the results before voting is completed. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

aberceltic have shat the bed 😂

They had little to gain or lose.  Didn’t their owner say last week he was in favour of calling it now?

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, Stendelsarmy said:

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

1 minute ago, TheGoodLord said:

But surely if in the meantime they get the required amount of votes it won’t matter if any clubs haven’t voted. 

Not if it legally requires a vote from everyone regardless of the outcome.

Just now, TheGoodLord said:

it is all dependent on how it is written in the spfl rulebook. if it says all clubs must vote (including abstaining) before a vote result is valid (up to the deadline) then the result can not stand until all votes are in

Siphiwe Tshabalala
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Go away, pathetic tin pot club.

Id be embarrassed if I was you.

kingantti1874
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

I don’t believe it’s about taking any cheeks side.

Its becoming apparent the league is unable to complete within the timeline.

call as is, reconstruct for one season and then plan for football season to start in August (hopefully)

****ing no chance that happens.. vote will revert to 11-1. Another instance where your bitch club did what they were told 

2 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

That’s what I really want confirmed.

Can the vote be declared finished while a club has still yet to cast their vote, regardless of it being a swing vote or not. 

Davie Deans

Celtic Lite and Abergreen voting as they have should come as a surprise to no one.

Pathetic excuses of football clubs.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

Alternatively the 3 abstentions are us, Patrick and Stranraer as the clubs penalised with being demoted

1 it gives us 28 days to negotiate a better solution

2 it possibly enables a stronger case for legal action.

Fingers crossed this has been an orchestrated move by those clubs.

I can see Thistle being the other championship club. You would assume both our clubs have been working together on the legality of this in the last 48 hours and hopefully have agreed a similar approach to it all. 

Seymour M Hersh
48 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Absolute farce this... bordering on rigged

We're well over the border of rigging here and are now on the outskirts of the capital. 

Boab Mugabe

On a day where the daily death toll reached its highest in the United Kingdom, let’s not forget the fervour amongst Scottish sides to award titles and relegate sides with almost a quarter of the season to go.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )