SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Sorry if already been posted,  but if we end up in the championship next season,  and there is a proposal to start it in January and play half a season, would there have to be a vote for that?  Or would it just happen? 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

12 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Reports claiming the Championship clubs will vote against. Fine, we go to court, and even if we fail and end up in the Championship they will feel the wrath of no away fans and no Maroon pound.

Keep an note of those who would feck us over and make sure they never receive a penny from us.

The Maroon pound chat is chronic. 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not much Sky can say, they know the rules and how the split works.  They weren’t able to bully anyone into making sure Sevco jumped straight into the Premiership in 2012 so can’t see the outcome being any more favourable for us this time. 

They weren’t due a £7m rebate on an unfulfilled contract in 2012!!

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, Billybuffjaw said:

Did Gary Mackay not say the same thing? I know a few of my family feel the same.

This isn’t the definition of being dignified. It’s the definition of accepting being shafted when we still had ample opportunity to stay in the division. What is so difficult about this to understand. 

Incidentally, I Stopped listening or reading anything Mackay said a long long time ago. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

Why's that, then? We all know what it means, and it is succinct and to the point.

Or do you just not like the colour maroon for some reason.

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

What’s chronic is any club who has to rely on other clubs away support because they themselves hardly have any fans   

eyesandears
4 minutes ago, buba said:

Sorry if already been posted,  but if we end up in the championship next season,  and there is a proposal to start it in January and play half a season, would there have to be a vote for that?  Or would it just happen? 

Yes. A vote would be required.

8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I think that’s what she was meaning with the Premiership needs Hearts more than the Championship.

If Championship clubs think about this sensibly the last thing they need is Hearts in the division forcing them to start in August and also ensuring that they have no chance of automatic promotion.

The SFA and the SPFL have the power to force everyone to start in August. SPFL has decent negotiating position if it wants to force this through. 

Gorillajam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES7qv7autNE&feature=emb_title

Dave Cormack currently live on Youtube (RedTV). May mention our situation and league reconstruction.

John Findlay
30 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Hilarious 🙄

Well one of us has a sense of humour😉

3 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

No it’s not.

If you’re happy coping Rangers and their Blue pound crap while saying they are boycotting for being unfairly chucked down to league 2 bash on.  

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What’s chronic is any club who has to rely on other clubs away support because they themselves hardly have any fans   

That is even more chronic, I agree. I don’t think there’s any clubs in the championship or below that ever rely on other clubs away support ever though. 

Paint the town maroon
27 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

I have a feeling that the proposal will be passed pretty comfortably. Unlike many on here, I think Hibs will vote in favour as well. I really don't see their owner agreeing to vote in the way some of their more vociferous fans would wish. The only possible reason that Hibs would want us to vanish would be if they thought that Hearts fans would switch allegiance in sufficiently large numbers to make a significant difference to the value of the club and it's prospects on the pitch. No-one who knows anything about Scottish football would think that is a realistic possibility.

I also don't think that folk on social media are representative of the bulk of any club's supporters. Every single Hearts fan I know loves derby day. And while we dominate, that's hardly a reason for the majority of Hibs fans to want us to disappear. I just don't buy it. Obviously, there are those among their support that do want that result, but they'd miss us if we disappear.

Hamilton have previously indicated broad support for reconstruction and Celtic, Sevco and Aberdeen look in favour as well. As for the rest, there is no good reason to vote against. If they do, they will surely know that it's going to cost them shedloads of cash.

My guess is that the premiership might even be unanimous here. If it is, or even if 11 vote in favour, the pressure will be enormous on the other clubs. The ultimate threat is that the premiership forms a break away league and they simply won't want that to happen.

The championship clubs look less convinced at the moment, but I think after a few days of grumbling, they will also fall in line.

To be honest, all of that makes be a bit disappointed, because I don't want the proposal to be passed. And this is the main reason why I think it will - too many clubs are petrified about the possibility of the SPFL's dirty linen being washed in a public case. I would be delighted if this ends up in court, because football in this country needs a complete reboot.

This proposal won’t get anything like the votes it needs. So You won’t be disappointed!

St Mirren, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Ross County and Hibs will vote against. 

It won’t even get a majority in the championship

let alone 75% and same for league one and two clubs. 

I also think Celtic will abstain.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Why's that, then? We all know what it means, and it is succinct and to the point.

Or do you just not like the colour maroon for some reason.

Because it’s Hunnish.  

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The SFA and the SPFL have the power to force everyone to start in August. SPFL has decent negotiating position if it wants to force this through. 

What is there to negotiate?  The leagues start in August, turn up and play your matches or face expulsion from the league.

Paint the town maroon
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

our away support is average at best. It’s hardly a money spinner.

Nookie Bear

Because it’s Hunnish.  

But they play in blue. 

It’s more “pension-ish” - the Grey Pound 🤷‍♂️

If you’re happy coping Rangers and their Blue pound crap while saying they are boycotting for being unfairly chucked down to league 2 bash on.  

Will do, anybody posting on here with any kind of effort to have Hearts fans pulling together you put it down why is that ?

Just now, Paint the town maroon said:

I didn’t mention our away support mate. 

jambopilms

The championship clubs are rubbing their hand at the thought of us in their league.

No chance they will vote for reconstruction, even if it means they can't play their matches. They are that thick and self interested.

Said it earlier, no part time club should have power over full time professional clubs who are looking to help Scottish football as a whole. Clubs saying no because they might get a few hundred more away supporters through the gate is the most tinpot thing I have heard.

So you're happy throwing money into the coffers of clubs who didn't show any consideration for our future while looking after their own self interests, in essence throwing us to the dogs?

You masochist, you. :wink:

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

They weren’t due a £7m rebate on an unfulfilled contract in 2012!!

We don’t even know if they are asking for this back do we?  Thought it was £10m in the Rangers dossier.

husref musemic
1 hour ago, AHS51 said:

So clubs are getting almost a week to decide on reconstruction but got only 2 days to decide on ending the season. Again highlighting how backwards we are in this country 

funny it's given time now that there's no bulldozing through of celtic's title.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

What is there to negotiate?  The leagues start in August, turn up and play your matches or face expulsion from the league.

Exactly.

Or vote this through and we can discuss being more flexible. 

1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Will do, anybody posting on here with any kind of effort to have Hearts fans pulling together you put it down why is that ?

I do?  Give some examples then, I’m all ears.  Away back to copying rangers. 

1 minute ago, Paint the town maroon said:

They won’t need it then will they? Better if no one goes to away games by your reckoning they wont need it .

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

So you're happy throwing money into the coffers of clubs who didn't show any consideration for our future while looking after their own self interests, in essence throwing us to the dogs?

You masochist, you. :wink:

When did I ever suggest or say I was doing any of the above?  Try not to make up stories because someone has a difference of opinion to you.  I couldn’t give a **** about the interest of any other club.  The term the maroon pound is clearly copying the huns though even the same motives behind it. 

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Because it’s Hunnish.  

Ironic username alert 😀

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Because it’s Hunnish.  

I hope that some day we can get away from comparing everything to the OF. Some people are just besotted by them.

I do?  Give some examples then, I’m all ears.  Away back to copying rangers. 

Yup , and you go back to putting down Hearts supporters 👍

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The championship clubs are rubbing their hand at the thought of us in their league.

No chance they will vote for reconstruction, even if it means they can't play their matches. They are that thick and self interested.

Said it earlier, no part time club should have power over full time professional clubs who are looking to help Scottish football as a whole. Clubs saying no because they might get a few hundred more away supporters through the gate is the most tinpot thing I have heard.

They are in for a shock when we dont turn up at their grounds.

When did I ever suggest or say I was doing any of the above?  Try not to make up stories because someone has a difference of opinion to you.  I couldn’t give a **** about the interest of any other club.  The term the maroon pound is clearly copying the huns though even the same motives behind it. 

Do you or do you not agree with those motives?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Agentjambo said:

It’s easy to talk about boycotting but is it really going to happen?

Just now, jamboozy said:

Yup , and you go back to putting down Hearts supporters 👍

So you’ve no examples then.  Thought so.  I’m putting down the term, no supporter at all.  Stop making up stories. 

Just now, redjambo said:

Do you or do you not agree with those motives?

I agree with the motives of **** every club out there and concentrate on our own, aye.  

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We don’t even know if they are asking for this back do we?  Thought it was £10m in the Rangers dossier.

Did the £10m  not include BT as well.

We don’t know if Sky want the money back or not,  but they are due it if they call the debt in and that means that the SPFL are in no position not to do exactly what Sky tell them to do.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I’m pretty sure most clubs know the general feeling of the hearts support in all honesty.  No grounds going to have thousands of away fans next season regardless either. 

I agree with the motives of **** every club out there and concentrate on our own, aye.  

Good man. I hope that that will include not spending your maroon pound with any of them who voted us into a perilous situation.

brunoatemyhamster
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

So youre just not happy with the rip off name then? 

If we called it the " ram yer tickets" campaign, are you in? 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s easy to talk about boycotting but is it really going to happen?

I believe it will.

So you’ve no examples then.  Thought so.  I’m putting down the term, no supporter at all.  Stop making up stories. 

We all know who the non Hearts supporter is and it’s not me, I’m not trawling through all the negative posts you’ve submitted because you requested it😂go back to posting your negative shite, your good at it👍

Just now, redjambo said:

Good man. I hope that that will include not spending your maroon pound with any of them who voted us into a perilous situation.

My personal money will be spent on Hearts and hearts only, yes 👍

Just now, brunoatemyhamster said:

So your just not happy with the rip off name then? 

If we called it the " ram yer tickets" campaign, are you in? 

Yes.  I probably should have explained myself better in all honesty. 

Edited by Last Laff

9 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

3,000 at both Falkirk games in 2014/15 for example says different 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Did the £10m  not include BT as well.

We don’t know if Sky want the money back or not,  but they are due it if they call the debt in and that means that the SPFL are in no position not to do exactly what Sky tell them to do.

If we are expelled then I hope Sky do call it in. 

Fecks up a number of clubs and it gets Sky out of our game as well. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
22 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Listening to podcast this has no chance. Stenhousemuir chairman basically saying lower clubs wont go for this and they think the top league will shoot it down as well.

I love (lm being sarcastic here) how everyone seems to be shooting down the proposal but aren't coming up with any solutions themselves!

1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

We all know who the non Hearts supporter is and it’s not me, I’m not trawling through all the negative posts you’ve submitted because you requested it😂go back to posting your negative shite, your good at it👍

Oooft now I’m not a hearts fan. :lol: stop talking shite and making up fairy stories lad.  Don’t trawl, couldn’t give a **** either way if you don’t want to prove you’re talking utter shite.  Cheerio. 

annushorribilis III
31 minutes ago, S Form said:

I have a strong feeling there’s an almighty **** up in store. The proposal will fail and then a host of clubs will say they have no chance of staging games closed doors, leaving the SPFL scrambling around trying to find a solution before the season is due to start.

I think there will be huge pressure from Doncaster/the Board to persuade clubs to accept this. If it fails, the SPFL and its member clubs are then going to have two headaches : Hearts pursuing legal action and Hearts in the Championship  with no prospect of playing football any time soon and the implications of that . Recon removes both of those headaches. Having said that I think AB has made enough enemies for this to fail. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )