SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Malinga the Swinga
27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Thing is though, no-one really wants reconstruction. We’re pushing it because it stops us going down but there’s no mandate for it. Was always going to be defeated. I don’t know why we’ve bothered tbh, unless we’re exhausting every avenue before court.

Has the reconstruction vote already happened as you seem to know it has been defeated? Just because you want this to happen, you seem desparate to convince yourself and everyone else that reconstruction will fail.

Others even to be certain that it will succeed, so why not try and think positively, just for once. It isn't difficult.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It is up to evry individual poster as to who they believe on here. Being a normal half glass empty type when it comes to football, I would usually be pessimistic about this proposal, bunch what the ****, I am going out on a limb and hoping that you and Mr Selkirk are correct in your belief that this is going through.

I certainly don't want to be part of the group that rubbish everything the club does, compares us to Sevco, feels sorry for other clubs and thinks we should accept a shafting and do nothing. Whether these guys are vermin, Hearts fans who hate the club for someone unknown reason or just terminally depressed lonely trolls, I do wish they would give themselves a break and **** off somewhere else for a day or two.

Each to their own. In my defence though....make sure you buy the Scotsman tomorrow 😉

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've not read a single post of yours that's made me think that you're a Hearts supporter.

Even in this last horrendous season St Johnstone and st mirren in the league plus Falkirk and Motherwell in cups for example were impressive.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Would you rather this goes to court or would you rather that 14 14 14/16 is excepted?

4 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Would you rather this goes to court or would you rather that 14 14 14/16 is excepted?

I know you want to destroy corruption and that your preference is court, but while I would love to see the SPFL burnt to the ground, I would take reconstruction now, as with any court case, there is always a chance we will lose.

Hectormasson
54 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

One thing this whole situation has really opened my eyes to is just how hated Hearts seem to be in the Scottish football world. From other club's chairman, to their fans, to the press - every one of them all lining up to put the boot in to the club whilst we're down with glee on their faces.

This should not be forgotten. This should be what galvanises everyone at the club. From the board downwards. No more cosy relationships with any clubs. Everything done for the benefit of our club alone. 

Hearts first. Hearts to the last. Only Hearts. Always Hearts. 

Ditto 👍🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Hearts1975
11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

10 pages caught up on. Things learned:-

We are still left with legal action to give these numpties a reality check.

People are giving Last Laff enough attention to avoid him having another meltdown.

If it does go to court I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear how the SPFL describe, how in times of unprecedented circumstances, they rose to the challenge, demonstrated leadership, and supported all of their member clubs throughout this overall crisis and their future wellbeing 

Not foregoing anything else 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Perhaps the most depressing thing over the last 7 weeks of shambles,  many fans and media seem to be indifferent to the chaos. 

How do you change when society is so pre conditioned to accept such farce,  and then apparently say it's all about Hearts trying to save themselves. 

Missing entirely the point Hearts should never have been needing to fight a rigged vote. 

32 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Thing is though, no-one really wants reconstruction. We’re pushing it because it stops us going down but there’s no mandate for it. Was always going to be defeated. I don’t know why we’ve bothered tbh, unless we’re exhausting every avenue before court.

Pretty much how I've been feeling.  However,    the main selling point now is that a rigid league structure is pretty much doomed as not all clubs will survive and some will not be able to play without fans attending games.     This makes it much more than about Hearts.   That said,   I've very low confidence of it being voted through as the whole system is broken and Scottish football will likely continue to self sabotage based on a few clubs not seeing the bigger picture,  or sticking their heads in the sand.

The Verminator
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Each to their own. In my defence though....make sure you buy the Scotsman tomorrow 😉

Is that the Leslie Deans piece you mean?

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

What, buy a paper! Maybe will visit Morrisons and sneak a read of it instead. 

Again, while I would love to see Hearts bring the SPFL crashing down, I would take reconstruction as Hearts, and only Hearts are my concern and love.

Anyway, always happy to read your posts as they provide me with hope we can survive.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Has the reconstruction vote already happened as you seem to know it has been defeated? Just because you want this to happen, you seem desparate to convince yourself and everyone else that reconstruction will fail.

Others even to be certain that it will succeed, so why not try and think positively, just for once. It isn't difficult.

I know you’ve backed Levein/Budge to the hilt and been roundly humiliated but you’re just lashing out at everyone now.

Us sitting on here being positive makes literally no difference. The noises are the same as last time. It’ll get voted down. Court is our best option, if the advice deems the risk worthwhile.

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

The 1st away game of the season where football fans are permitted to attend will sell out, regardless of our opposition. 

tragic if that happens

25 minutes ago, lost in leith said:

Not sure about this.  You might be right, but can you provide some evidence to show that the SFA and/or the SPFL have this power?  There was a bit of chat about this on Pie & Bovril a while back and I'm not convinced anyone really knew what the story is!

Yeah

To be fair I don't really want to go through all rules. 

But if you can't fulfull your fixtures I would expect there would be severe disciplinary action. 

Obviously we don't have any fixtures. Maybe there will be a dispensation. 

But will that need a vote? Edit - if it does a group of clubs including Hearts could have a lot of power 

Edited by Mikey1874

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Our proposals have a back up plan. Which in turn has a back up plan B. And if that fails we have a plan C. I firmly believe plan A will go through next week. 

Have you forgotten the voting requirements for this to go through, in all 3 parts?  I don’t think it has a cat in hell’s chance. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Our proposals have a back up plan. Which in turn has a back up plan B. And if that fails we have a plan C. I firmly believe plan A will go through next week. 

Thanks for the info. Lets hope plan A goes through ok.

maroonsgotop
36 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Yup, a proper smorgasbord of 'we hate Hearts' and some on here are suggesting we accept it and move on!!!

Feck that. 

yup, accept it and then fund the scab clubs who expelled us. Those club's fans would be pissing themselves laughing at us and the owners rubbing their hands with glee as they bank our money to use against us. Flippin tragic if that happens

gashauskis9

Ayr Utd chairman on the Nine.  Utter chump.

Hope he’s got deep pockets.

Edited by gashauskis9

Ricardo Shillyshally

Well, thats Ayr Utd added to the list of away trips who won't be getting my money

lost in leith
52 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

There seems to be a clause in contracts cllubs can effectively lay players off until the great show returns.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/1242049/scottish-clubs-are-prepared-to-invoke-clause-12-if-players-dont-agree-to-pay-cuts-and-deferrals/

The interesting point is that the ability to suspend contracts (ie not pay players) only applies while the SFA has suspended football.  So if they say that football can be played it suggests that clubs have to pay players even if they have decided not to play games.  Furlough helps but employers have to start contributing towards furloughed players wages after August and it looks like furlough will have gone completely by the end of October.  

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I know you’ve backed Levein/Budge to the hilt and been roundly humiliated but you’re just lashing out at everyone now.

Us sitting on here being positive makes literally no difference. The noises are the same as last time. It’ll get voted down. Court is our best option, if the advice deems the risk worthwhile.

I backed Levein while he was manager in much the same way as I will back any Hearts player as giving them abuse during games is pointless and achieves nothing. I had absolutely no problem with him being sacked and believe he should have walked away after that sacking. 

I back Mrs Budge as she is bringing us financial backing I don't believe we would have without her.

How you think I have been humiliated is up to you. If you get off thinking you played a part in something like that, then that's great, bully for you, but sorry to disappoint you, still here. Personally, the only thing that matters to me is Hearts surviving, and I am not going to let a miserable pessimist stop me from hoping reconstruction goes through. You want otherwise, but that is up to you.

1 minute ago, lost in leith said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/1242049/scottish-clubs-are-prepared-to-invoke-clause-12-if-players-dont-agree-to-pay-cuts-and-deferrals/

The interesting point is that the ability to suspend contracts (ie not pay players) only applies while the SFA has suspended football.  So if they say that football can be played it suggests that clubs have to pay players even if they have decided not to play games.  Furlough helps but employers have to start contributing towards furloughed players wages after August and it looks like furlough will have gone completely by the end of October.  

Yep

The key is the date training starts 

(and if we gearing up to fulfill the TV contracts) 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Well, thats Ayr Utd added to the list of away trips who won't be getting my money

what was the prick saying

Ayr chairman says not a chance of going through.

Also said if you have promotion you must have relegation.

Then again his preference was N&V but it was explained why not possible.

jock _turd
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Perhaps the most depressing thing over the last 7 weeks of shambles,  many fans and media seem to be indifferent to the chaos. 

How do you change when society is so pre conditioned to accept such farce,  and then apparently say it's all about Hearts trying to save themselves. 

Missing entirely the point Hearts should never have been needing to fight a rigged vote. 

I couldn't agree more... although what may be making people believe it is all about Hearts trying to save themselves could be down to the fact that our CEO is the one doing the donkey work! The board of the SPFL are not in the least bit interested in doing anything themselves. They singled out AB and a board member from Hamilton the head up the first one and then sent AB to have another go. The common denominator is AB and quite frankly it is easy to see how people think it is all about Hearts saving themselves from expulsion. The sooner this charade is out of the way and the real work of the lawyers begins this lot will know you don't F'k with us and if that seems like a club trying to save itself... I say no it is about a club trying to right something that should never have been allowed to happen in the first place!

niblick1874
1 minute ago, Barack said:

I'm not fussed either way now. Team's are going to go to the wall before January, imo despite it.

If it's little wanky teams like Hamilton, that start first...all the better.

I want Scottish football under oath. Nothing else will suffice for me and shouldn't for any other Hearts supporter. I understand the throwing up of the hands, however that's now their only hope. Juggling with it doesn't do it for me. I want Scottish footballs bottom sticking out the window.  

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Fair enough.  Each to their own.  I actually thought it was made up by non-hearts fans to coincide with their mini hun shite.  Evidently no. 

I would've thought the concept pre-dated the hunly demise by at least 30 years.

I'm sure I was aware of the notion of the pink pound during the 80s and subsequently the grey pound.

Ricardo Shillyshally

The miserableness and lac of ambition in Scottish football is totally summed up by all these wee clubs who don't see three leagues as a fantastic opportunity to progress.

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

I would disagree and say the only reason the set up isn’t working completely for all the leagues is it’s so in favour of the current teams to stay in the set up ahead of the pyramid below.  Any proposal should be a straight relegation for the L2 bottom team with a playoff similar to the other leagues for the second relegation place.  I didn’t have any issue at all with the current set up apart from that before this all came about and if we hadn’t had made such a mess of the four years and sat where we should I doubt many would care for reconstruction much long term either.  

Thanks l agree to a certain extent on what you're saying re league 2 although I don't think that will solve much tbh. In my opinion there are too many professional clubs and as much as l dislike Strachan he has a point that clubs should find their level whether that be professional, part time, amateur whatever you want to call it. I don't like the fact in the Premiership you have teams playing a different number of home and away games (this should always be equal) and everything is geared towards satisfying the Old Firm. You are saying you are happy with that? 

42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough bud. I think you’re underestimating the strength of feeling but time will tell. 

I agree ,  we are very angry with the majority of clubs. I go to between 5-10 away games a season but I have made my mind up for sure as the championship is looking likely ( hope I’m so wrong) I won’t be going to any except ICT but I do understand fans wanting to still go to away games we all look at things definitely. I’m normally pretty chilled but this fiasco had made my blood boil and I will never forget these clubs/ fans that are looking down a barrel and itching to pull the trigger, **** them .

ONLY HEARTS.

gashauskis9
Just now, Barack said:

Again? :lol:

Told you. He's a media whore. Loving his wee niche he's carved himself out in all this.

“We’re going to go live to Los Angeles to speak to the Ayr Utd chairman”.  Everything that’s wrong with Scottish football in one newsreader autocue. 

54 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It was always a waste of time. She should have lawyered up the minute that resolution passed instead of playing ****ing tea parties with the clowns. This was all about saving face and avoiding a legal challenge if possible.

Libertarian
4 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Ayr Utd chairman on the Nine.  Utter chump.

Hope he’s got deep pockets.

An absolute clown of a man who as far as I could see was unable to give a proper reason as to why he plans to vote against. Martin Guisler looked absolutely flummoxed. If reconstruction is rejected Hearts have to take this incompetent bunch to court. I have £200 burning a hole in my pocket which I plan to donate for the legal costs. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Well, it might have been possible if he had voted against SPFL resolution but he didn't. He wants the leagues to stay the same, have promotion and relegation but his club can't afford to play behind closed doors and he wants government money before committing to maybe playing a few games next season, but not a whole season. 

**** him and Ayr, if they can't afford to run a team, then they should be kicked out the league.

maroonsgotop
10 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

you wont miss going. Total dump of a ground. Hope no-one goes

ToadKiller Dog

Sounds like the Ayr owners reasoning is based on sheer bloody mindedness than any sensible understanding of the plans .

When you are up against that ,what can you do .

It's like the tubes that still think Boris is a born leader .

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

I would've thought the concept pre-dated the hunly demise by at least 30 years.

I'm sure I was aware of the notion of the pink pound during the 80s and subsequently the grey pound.

If I’ve been ignorant to that then fair play Boof, I’ve played it wrong.    

It sounded to me a piss take from the huns going on about saving all these clubs giving them the blue pound.  And if it’s not a pisstake then it still sounds like the equivalent of the huns going on about the blue pound.  There can be a lot more creation about the concept than the lazy Maroon pound which imo is chronic. 

Hearts1975
5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

what was the reason given for not having N+V. ?

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well, it might have been possible if he had voted against SPFL resolution but he didn't. He wants the leagues to stay the same, have promotion and relegation but his club can't afford to play behind closed doors and he wants government money before committing to maybe playing a few games next season, but not a whole season. 

**** him and Ayr, if they can't afford to run a team, then they should be kicked out the league.

Yep,

Wants football mothballed and  his cost base minimilased until fans come in, the government to keep furloughing his squad, then the Scottish government to fund any shortfalls and then the Hearts fan base to turn up in 000s when we go to Somerset.

Edited by DETTY29

niblick1874
26 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I know you want to destroy corruption and that your preference is court, but while I would love to see the SPFL burnt to the ground, I would take reconstruction now, as with any court case, there is always a chance we will lose.

Not getting you.  

1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Sounds like the Ayr owners reasoning is based on sheer bloody mindedness than any sensible understanding of the plans .

When you are up against that ,what can you do .

It's like the tubes that still think Boris is a born leader .

Their owner is a *****.  I wouldn’t blame Ayr for that.  Better than Bill Barr but a total ring piece. 

Just now, Barack said:

Ayr United chairman Lachlan Cameron insists club "not in immediate peril" from coronavirus fallout

"But Ayr's owner admits he and his board are braced for the long term pain of the crisis."

But does he give a shit about the other teams. Doesn't seem like it...

Dog eat dog.  I’m not sure many clubs give a shit about Ayr.  As demonstrated already on this thread.  

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

what was the reason given for not having N+V. ?

He didn't say, but go back 7 or 8 weeks and a few hundred pages where Doncaster said N&V meant payments couldn't be releaed.

5 hours ago, williamgerrard said:

No i think we should never have been bottom so many mistakes by budge the huge one was not sacking levein and shes wont be taking serious by the spfl cause shes a joke most teams want a perm league reconstruction why she only after a temp measure i can see why other clubs think its all about trying to save us she needs to give and take from them to get anywhere shes shown her self up but cosying upto dumpster that should never happen  

You make it sound so easy.

will-i-am-a-jambo
30 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I agree with this. Avoiding court would be a bonus as lm not convinced it would be a foregone conclusion. It's also always better long term to compromise with other parties without going to court. However, having said all that if the reconstruction does fail l hope we do go to court but only if we have to and as a last resort.

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It was always a waste of time. She should have lawyered up the minute that resolution passed instead of playing ****ing tea parties with the clowns. This was all about saving face and avoiding a legal challenge if possible.

You keep banging the same drum and it's still the wrong one.

11 minutes ago, One five said:

I agree ,  we are very angry with the majority of clubs. I go to between 5-10 away games a season but I have made my mind up for sure as the championship is looking likely ( hope I’m so wrong) I won’t be going to any except ICT but I do understand fans wanting to still go to away games we all look at things definitely. I’m normally pretty chilled but this fiasco had made my blood boil and I will never forget these clubs/ fans that are looking down a barrel and itching to pull the trigger, **** them .

ONLY HEARTS.

Hear, Hear!

Proposal is out there now. A bit of a reality check about when fans are likely to be allowed into grounds will be delivered this side of the weekend, so they'll all get a chance to consider the proposals in a different light afterwards. 

9 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Thanks l agree to a certain extent on what you're saying re league 2 although I don't think that will solve much tbh. In my opinion there are too many professional clubs and as much as l dislike Strachan he has a point that clubs should find their level whether that be professional, part time, amateur whatever you want to call it. I don't like the fact in the Premiership you have teams playing a different number of home and away games (this should always be equal) and everything is geared towards satisfying the Old Firm. You are saying you are happy with that? 

My favourite games of the season are the derbies and when Celtic Rangers Aberdeen come to town.  My preference isn’t taking a game away from them each so we can have an extended league and pretend we care about a Dundee or Highland derby.  

Take away half the category A games you also take away commercial revenue and that’s why even us, in this position won’t propose for anything that wipes half they games permanently.  In my opinion mind you.

In five years time if it was to go to a bigger league we would all be looking out on fixture day for when we play Hibs once at home and away and the novelty of having a couple more clubs in the table will end up being shite. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep,

Wants football mothballed and  his cost base minimilased until fans come in, the government to keep furloughing his squad, then the Scottish government to fund any shortfalls and then the Hearts fan base to turn up in 000s when we go to Somerset.

When you put it like that, what's not to like. No doubt wankers like Chick Young, Dick Gordon and others will stick up for him and say Hearts should just agree to what all the other clubs want. If they can only play half a season, well, we should just accept it and help them out.

We owe Ayr nothing and neither do government. They should receive absolutely nothing more than any company in furlough and if it means they play amateurs or juniors, then that is what they have to do. A season is not 18 games, never has been and never should be.

TheGoodLord

Sorry if I’ve missed something but have Patrick Thistle not been incredibly quiet throughout this of late? I appreciate they don’t have funds to go legal and likely are hoping Hearts do (indirectly on their behalf) but all the same I’d have thought they would have been making a much bigger play at how much they’ve been shafted and what the consequences will be. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )