SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Overall there remains a chance. 

I'd be shocked if the vote passes, the hostility shown to Hearts by tinpot clubs like St Mirren in the press, tells me if this needs 11-1, it has no chance!

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

A red jesus?

Sorry the drink and the sun are getting to me.ment the chopper

17 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maroon said:

Just a thought but this is effectively the first offer to all the clubs, none of them should accept the first offer, would you? I don't. They will all be looking for what they can get, well we know that, but none of them will come out at this stage and say that's great lets go!

And actually a good move by the SPFL with the Premiership clubs having the first meeting, if that passes the rest will follow suit but they will still try and get what they can out of the whole situation. 

You think? It would certainly give it a better chance, but I certainly wouldn't take it for granted.

Supposing the top flight vote for Ann’s proposal. I get that any reconstruction will need percentages of votes from each league BUT would, in practice, the lower leagues be able to stop a 14 team top league?

Jamboelite
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

You think? It would certainly give it a better chance, but I certainly wouldn't take it for granted.

Agreed i think the Championship is equally difficult to get passed.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

If there is any truth in the rumour Sky would prefer us in it or that the legal case is stronger than we know then i expect a fair few club chairman being contacted before next week.

The alternative is that its a stalling tactic and no one gives a shit about reconstruction or legal threats and will bin it, and for me that is just as likely.

Im not sure how strong a case we have, or willingness to fight it, but should the Government announce no mass gatherings for 6months then it doesnt matter what happens as reconstruction is inevitable.

If the season in the Championship is mothballed who makes that decision ? is it the board or a vote, and if it is a vote whats the % needed.

If we get ****ed on that vote too then we are in trouble.

Sky have made it clear they want the Edinburgh derbies 100%

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Supposing the top flight vote for Ann’s proposal. I get that any reconstruction will need percentages of votes from each league BUT would, in practice, the lower leagues be able to stop a 14 team top league?

Yes

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

How do you know this? 

8 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I'd be shocked if the vote passes, the hostility shown to Hearts by tinpot clubs like St Mirren in the press, tells me if this needs 11-1, it has no chance!

No way Hibs will do anything other than vote us down!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I think there are going to be quite a few robust conversations between now and Monday, especially after Friday when the Scottish government say no football in front of crowds before October at the earliest.

Indeed. 

Came to post just that. Teams need to be able to start August,  no spectators or sit back and accept that their club is not at a level required 

Be plenty of robust guidance of expectations over the weekend. 

Mothball if you wish but that cannot be to the detriment of those willing and able 

Edited by Sir Gio

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

yep

Agentjambo
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Where you hear this??

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yes

See, regardless of the rules I just don’t think it’d pan out like that. Queen of the south and Dunfermline dictating to Doncaster and Rangers and Celtic how the league above them should work? Don’t think so somehow. 

I understand how the rules work but I just think they’ll be sidestepped somehow. 

Edited by GinRummy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Big Hibs will have them told 

10 minutes ago, jollyjams said:

You had a red chopper?

:oohmatron:

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

You had a red chopper?

:oohmatron:

Time to put the drink down and go to bed

Just now, jollyjams said:

Time to put the drink down and go to bed

Not at all. People are just fooling with you.

Now, tell us some more about your red chopper.

Just now, redjambo said:

Not at all. People are just fooling with you.

Now, tell us some more about your red chopper.

ohhh.png.013435f79278a5bc18e32a913d1277fe.png

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It gets complicated if the Premiership wants Reconstruction.

The Premiership with the SPFL/SFA could sets things up to force everyone else to follow or not be able to play. 

Bearing in mind everything seems to be getting done for next season's TV deals.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

It gets complicated if the Premiership wants Reconstruction.

The Premiership with the SPFL/SFA could sets things up to force everyone else to follow or not be able to play. 

Bearing in mind everything seems to be getting done for next season's TV deals.

👍 cheers.

21 minutes ago, jollyjams said:

You had a red chopper??? Wire brush and detol ma'am!!

Selkirkhmfc1874
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How do you know this? 

From 3 different people who would know ! Obviously final say will come from the clubs when voting but the spfl know where sky stand on this 

John Findlay
13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Where you hear this??

Same place you heard Dundee United are in financial soapy bubble 

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We don’t need Hamilton to help save us. Our chairman is doing a grand job on this front. I’m pretty sure reconstruction will be voted through from what I hear. Expect an announcement Monday or Tuesday next week. There’s more positives than negatives for sure. Aces high always wins! 

Fingers crossed. 

Imagine this when we get going again and we still have a top 6 bottom 6(or some split) either of the OF have a bad season and don't make it therefore no guaranteed 4 OF TV games wondering what sky would say

Agentjambo
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Same place you heard Dundee United are in financial soapy bubble 

Hilarious 🙄

I have a feeling that the proposal will be passed pretty comfortably. Unlike many on here, I think Hibs will vote in favour as well. I really don't see their owner agreeing to vote in the way some of their more vociferous fans would wish. The only possible reason that Hibs would want us to vanish would be if they thought that Hearts fans would switch allegiance in sufficiently large numbers to make a significant difference to the value of the club and it's prospects on the pitch. No-one who knows anything about Scottish football would think that is a realistic possibility.

I also don't think that folk on social media are representative of the bulk of any club's supporters. Every single Hearts fan I know loves derby day. And while we dominate, that's hardly a reason for the majority of Hibs fans to want us to disappear. I just don't buy it. Obviously, there are those among their support that do want that result, but they'd miss us if we disappear.

Hamilton have previously indicated broad support for reconstruction and Celtic, Sevco and Aberdeen look in favour as well. As for the rest, there is no good reason to vote against. If they do, they will surely know that it's going to cost them shedloads of cash.

My guess is that the premiership might even be unanimous here. If it is, or even if 11 vote in favour, the pressure will be enormous on the other clubs. The ultimate threat is that the premiership forms a break away league and they simply won't want that to happen.

The championship clubs look less convinced at the moment, but I think after a few days of grumbling, they will also fall in line.

To be honest, all of that makes be a bit disappointed, because I don't want the proposal to be passed. And this is the main reason why I think it will - too many clubs are petrified about the possibility of the SPFL's dirty linen being washed in a public case. I would be delighted if this ends up in court, because football in this country needs a complete reboot.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😏 more perma-tan orange than red. 

But only Billy Davies knows the colour of his chopper.

I don't consider this off topic in any way at all.

2 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

I have a feeling that the proposal will be passed pretty comfortably. Unlike many on here, I think Hibs will vote in favour as well. I really don't see their owner agreeing to vote in the way some of their more vociferous fans would wish. The only possible reason that Hibs would want us to vanish would be if they thought that Hearts fans would switch allegiance in sufficiently large numbers to make a significant difference to the value of the club and it's prospects on the pitch. No-one who knows anything about Scottish football would think that is a realistic possibility.

I also don't think that folk on social media are representative of the bulk of any club's supporters. Every single Hearts fan I know loves derby day. And while we dominate, that's hardly a reason for the majority of Hibs fans to want us to disappear. I just don't buy it. Obviously, there are those among their support that do want that result, but they'd miss us if we disappear.

Hamilton have previously indicated broad support for reconstruction and Celtic, Sevco and Aberdeen look in favour as well. As for the rest, there is no good reason to vote against. If they do, they will surely know that it's going to cost them shedloads of cash.

My guess is that the premiership might even be unanimous here. If it is, or even if 11 vote in favour, the pressure will be enormous on the other clubs. The ultimate threat is that the premiership forms a break away league and they simply won't want that to happen.

The championship clubs look less convinced at the moment, but I think after a few days of grumbling, they will also fall in line.

To be honest, all of that makes be a bit disappointed, because I don't want the proposal to be passed. And this is the main reason why I think it will - too many clubs are petrified about the possibility of the SPFL's dirty linen being washed in a public case. I would be delighted if this ends up in court, because football in this country needs a complete reboot.

Hibs will do as they're told by Mr Lawell

Just now, TheBigO said:

But only Billy Davies knows the colour of his chopper.

I don't consider this off topic in any way at all.

😂😂😂 pair of dirty *******

I have a strong feeling there’s an almighty **** up in store. The proposal will fail and then a host of clubs will say they have no chance of staging games closed doors, leaving the SPFL scrambling around trying to find a solution before the season is due to start.

Everybody Loves Baz!
32 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Where you hear this??

Wait the now, you spouted nonsense about a wee tit bit you had earlier, and when questioned about a source, you said bolt.

But now you expect someone else to cough up?

Away and take yer face for a shite.

Byyy The Light
4 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Clyde fans making a bit of noise on Twitter about being unfairly 'relegated'. The premise being that they would be denied matches against Falkirk and Partick.

Perhaps the fairest solution is to regionalise the two leagues below the Premiership? North/South, East/West whatever works. Then the clubs get more income longer term from more local derbies, there travel costs are reduced etc. Both leagues could be effectively tier 2 (one league below the top with promotion to the premiership) with the Champions from each being promoted to the Premiership?

Pretty decent shout 

Ex member of the SaS

Reports claiming the Championship clubs will vote against. Fine, we go to court, and even if we fail and end up in the Championship they will feel the wrath of no away fans and no Maroon pound.

Keep an note of those who would feck us over and make sure they never receive a penny from us.

Jamboelite

Depending on the power the club has then AB could be telling Championship clubs that they better vote to have us and ICT in the top league otherwise we will insist on games being played in the Championship no matter what the cost to other clubs next season.

They may feel its in the best interest to get us out the division and then have an agreement to delay until fans are back.

David McCaig
Just now, Jamboelite said:

Depending on the power the club has then AB could be telling Championship clubs that they better vote to have us and ICT in the top league otherwise we will insist on games being played in the Championship no matter what the cost to other clubs next season.

They may feel its in the best interest to get us out the division and then have an agreement to delay until fans are back.

I think that’s what she was meaning with the Premiership needs Hearts more than the Championship.

If Championship clubs think about this sensibly the last thing they need is Hearts in the division forcing them to start in August and also ensuring that they have no chance of automatic promotion.

I still get the feeling there is a Sky red  button waiting to be pushed in the background here.

Also, how can Hamilton bring the game into disrepute as much as they have this season, have dodgy accounts, be a team that survives by kicking the shit out of every other team, be close to insolvency and not be the team that everyone hates rather than us?

I genuinely don’t get it

I understand why people hated us with Romanov - because he was *****. I have no idea whatsoever why we are so detested now?

Edited by Jammy T

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

...  like those who were convinced by it because they said so ... with rather less explanation than I have given for my opinion … righto.

it is a message board not a court.

Your explanation 😂😂 You recalled some fanciful ‘bloke down pub says’ conversation with a lawyer as the basis of not going to court. That despite admitting you haven’t seen the full legal opinion, or even knew who the QC’s that gave it were.

I’m all for debating the pros and cons of going to court but put some fecking effort in ffs!

As someone remarked earlier, you are the pessimists pessimist.

55 minutes ago, jollyjams said:

Jeez that brings back memories had a red one

Think the red one is the ‘other guy’. 😬

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jammy T said:

I still get the feeling there is a Sky red  button waiting to be pushed in the background here.

Also, how can Hamilton being the game into disrepute as much as they have this season, have dodgy accounts, be a team that survives and kicks the shit out of every other team, be close to insolvency and not be the team that everyone hates rather than us?

I genuinely don’t get it

I understand why people hated us with Romanov - because he was *****. I have no idea whatsoever why we are so detested now?

Easy answer,  they are irrelevant 

Clerry Jambo

Listening to podcast this has no chance. Stenhousemuir chairman basically saying lower clubs wont go for this and they think the top league will shoot it down as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Reports claiming the Championship clubs will vote against. Fine, we go to court, and even if we fail and end up in the Championship they will feel the wrath of no away fans and no Maroon pound.

Keep an note of those who would feck us over and make sure they never receive a penny from us.

No shirking on starting the season 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Listening to podcast this has no chance. Stenhousemuir chairman basically saying lower clubs wont go for this and they think the top league will shoot it down as well.

Alternatives will be spelled out over the next few days,  don't think they are clear yet

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, jollyjams said:

Imagine this when we get going again and we still have a top 6 bottom 6(or some split) either of the OF have a bad season and don't make it therefore no guaranteed 4 OF TV games wondering what sky would say

Not much Sky can say, they know the rules and how the split works.  They weren’t able to bully anyone into making sure Sevco jumped straight into the Premiership in 2012 so can’t see the outcome being any more favourable for us this time. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )