SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Indeed of all the words to leave out.

If was a thumbs down. Appropriate cartoon stuff

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

So, they are horrified by something they have control over as any return to the current set up requires clubs to vote it through...

There must be a bit I am missing.

Yup, as I said earlier, if the vote was structured that you need 75% to return it to the status quo after 2 years, then all it takes is 4 clubs in the 2nd tier to reject it (would imagine the same would happen in top tier.) 

But because there is a possibility, even if it is small, of 6 club relegation they are viewing it through that.

Craig Herbertson
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Craig, I think there is a working party headed up by Leanne Dempster that is putting plans together on how football can resume in Scotland. I think mainly set up by the SPFL with input from the SFA.

Thanks. That doesn't fill me with confidence.

2 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Sorry but now is the time we get budge to fcuk get someone who knows what there doing .Ann i thank you for saving us but nows the time to go shes made to many mistakes 

As someone who has been very critical of Budge and who does want her to leave, now is not the right time mate. 

ToadKiller Dog

This nonsense about 6 teams being relegated ,just shows up the tin pot mentality, wheres the ambition for their clubs to be the ones that wont be in a position of relegation .

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, williamgerrard said:

Why ? Im sick to the back teeth of here costing us shes far to weak get someone in who wont mess about and demand what the fans want budge time is up she can leave with that other rat levein 

someone with benefactors willing to make sure we are still here for the next 5 years..? 

Just now, williamgerrard said:

Why ? Im sick to the back teeth of here costing us shes far to weak get someone in who wont mess about and demand what the fans want budge time is up she can leave with that other rat levein 

You sound like the kinda person who think’s Trump-type personalities are the solution!

Heartsmad1874
4 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Yup. They are also completely ignoring the potential opportunity a temporary  change to 3 leagues would give their clubs. Elgin finished 3rd in League Two, they would actually benefit from this by moving to just two promotions from the Premiership. With a bit of luck and ambition they, or any other club willing to make a go of it, say Edinburgh or Cove, could conceivably find themselves in the Premiership at the end of it. Instead we get the typical Scottish attitude of accentuating the negative. 

Pretty sure i heard someone on Sportsound last Saturday saying clubs like Elgin etc have no desire to be in the Premiership etc as the overheads are too much. Exactly why they don’t want Lowland/Highland League Team’s with ambition in the leagues.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

This nonsense about 6 teams being relegated ,just shows up the tin pot mentality, wheres the ambition for their clubs to be the ones that wont be in a position of relegation .

They never had any intention of voting for reconstruction imo. 

6 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Sorry but now is the time we get budge to fcuk get someone who knows what there doing .Ann i thank you for saving us but nows the time to go shes made to many mistakes 

Behave 🤷

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

If was a thumbs down. Appropriate cartoon stuff

Thanks did not display when I originally read it ok now though.

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

You're not the sharpest tool in the box are you.

williamgerrard
1 minute ago, MCW1976 said:

You sound like the kinda person who think’s Trump-type personalities are the solution!

No i think we should never have been bottom so many mistakes by budge the huge one was not sacking levein and shes wont be taking serious by the spfl cause shes a joke most teams want a perm league reconstruction why she only after a temp measure i can see why other clubs think its all about trying to save us she needs to give and take from them to get anywhere shes shown her self up but cosying upto dumpster that should never happen  

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

"Elgin lose their marbles"? ;)

sure :D

I had to search for that!  I am guessing you meant The Elgin Marbles.   Sorry folks, continue. 😊

Hungry hippo
10 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

No i think we should never have been bottom so many mistakes by budge the huge one was not sacking levein and shes wont be taking serious by the spfl cause shes a joke most teams want a perm league reconstruction why she only after a temp measure i can see why other clubs think its all about trying to save us she needs to give and take from them to get anywhere shes shown her self up but cosying upto dumpster that should never happen  

She is happy for permanent or temporary. Temporary had more support from the clubs which is why the proposal is aimed at that.

If the clubs are willing to support permanent change it will happen. The proposal is just a proposal and amendments can clearly be made if it suits the majority across the leagues.

Edited by Hungry hippo

Captain Canada

No proposal will ever get voted through because of attitudes like the Elgin one. We just want things to stay the same. 

They can enjoy their mothballs along with the rest of the wee teams! 

Hopefully Ann's proposal will be amended so it will come to pass. I  can't really get my head round  clubs who are unwilling to start the season in August , albeit behind closed doors, voting to **** up those who are.

David McCaig

It’s worth bearing in mind that neither Stenhousemuir or Elgin have seen the potential bill for voting No yet.  They may have a dramatic change of heart once the implications of any decision are made clear!!

Can’t believe some clubs still don’t get it...

This isn’t just about saving Hearts, it’s about saving you!

Heartsmad1874
Just now, David McCaig said:

It’s worth bearing in mind that neither Stenhousemuir or Elgin have seen the potential bill for voting No yet.  They may have a dramatic change of heart once the implications of any decision are made clear!!

Sooner these clubs are in the gutter the better, if that means a no vote and court action then **** them.

5 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Could do with some full stops there but I agree Budge deserves criticism and you’re perfectly within your right to do so.

Budge leaving will be the last thing that happens after this crisis though and I’m comfortable with her fighting our corner ya the moment. She’s made mistakes, severe ones, but I think she has the best interests at Heart and will probably be a key reason we might remain financially Sound while others perish in this crisis. 

Riccarton3
8 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

No proposal will ever get voted through because of attitudes like the Elgin one. We just want things to stay the same. 

It's the self importance of these guys.  Can't see past their ******* noses. I'm too busy for reconstruction talks. Look at me! 

Edited by Riccarton3

10 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

sure :D

I had to search for that!  I am guessing you meant The Elgin Marbles.   Sorry folks, continue. 😊

:thumbsup:

Lord Elgin ain't the most popular person in Greece.

south morocco

If clubs have to be mothballed, where would that leave them once they want to come back? Bottom of the bottom league alphabetically sounds fair enough. If you can’t play then you can’t just sit in suspended animation until you feel like it ffs. 

skinnybob72

The irrelevant, wee teams whose sole raison d'etre is to scrape along hoping for a cup tie against one of the OF can, quite frank;y, **** off and die. 

There are relatively few clubs in Scotland who can be seen to be a decent sized business and it has always annoyed me that the clubs with 20 fans and a turnover of about £4 have such a big say in things. It's like Bob's Corner Shop having a say in how Tesco get to operate.

Scottish Football has needed a cull for a long time and hopefully the current situation sees to it. The more of the diddy teams who die the better. Could not care a jot about their history, nor that their fans have no team to support. 

My position therefore remains unchanged - "**** the lot of them."

Edited by skinnybob72

26 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Go and play in the traffic.  Much nicer than I first typed.

williamgerrard

This whole subject reminds me of brave heart everyone squabbling for scraps of longshanks table in this case spfl  all me me me stuff the rest  

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, south morocco said:

If clubs have to be mothballed, where would that leave them once they want to come back? Bottom of the bottom league alphabetically sounds fair enough. If you can’t play then you can’t just sit in suspended animation until you feel like it ffs. 

They will definitely need support from across the leagues allow mothballing. This where Neil Doncaster and the board will actually need to bother to find a solution.

Realzaragoza
13 minutes ago, kila said:

Can’t believe some clubs still don’t get it...

This isn’t just about saving Hearts, it’s about saving you!

Agree

25 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

All I can say is thank God you have no position of authority anywhere in Scottish football.

williamgerrard
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Go and play in the traffic.  Much nicer than I first typed.

How about no . I am season ticket holder go to all home and away games and pledge funds aswell so i am entitled to my view so pipe down little man 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

They will definitely need support from across the leagues allow mothballing. This where Neil Doncaster and the board will actually need to bother to find a solution.

For starters you cant be mothballed in an active division.  If 8 Championship sides say they cant play find 8 sides in lower divisions who can.

south morocco
2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

They might have to consider reconstructing the leagues 🤪

5 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Expelled from the league presumably.

Without searching for the rules, I'm pretty sure you have to turn up to play your fixtures.

Of course there are no fixtures yet. But if you aren't in the league, then you are out. 

32 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Holy fecking moly.

williamgerrard
2 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

All I can say is thank God you have no position of authority anywhere in Scottish football.

Shame that cause celtic and rangers would be getting hammered with fines every week for there singing pish just saying like 

1 minute ago, south morocco said:

Starting back in the lowest division sounds about right to me. However, that would mean that the punishment for those teams who say "Everything's fine. We're good to go." and then go into liquidation during the season, or are unable to fulfil their fixtures for any other reason, could be less than or equal to those who put their hands up at the start and said "We don't think we are going to make it through the season." That has to be addressed in a way that minimises the number of clubs who find themselves unable to fulfil fixtures part-way through the season.

2 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

How about no . I am season ticket holder go to all home and away games and pledge funds aswell so i am entitled to my view so pipe down little man 

Hopefully, you will be reconsidering going to away games next season.

jock _turd
12 minutes ago, williamgerrard said:

Sorry bud but that is an absolutely terrible post on so many levels. Then there is the content to consider. I am not usually one to be a member of the grammar police but that is truly shocking stuff right there.

In answer to what I think may be a question . No I personally do not think this is the right time for a change at the top. We are at a pretty sensitive point in this particular adventure and I think she is the right person to see it through. I am a few years younger than AB and I will tell you I don't know if I would be up for doing what she has already done! In that respect I doff my cap to her... who would you rather see doing our negotiating ?

Robbo-Jambo

Reconstruction is going to happen anyway because a lot of these smaller clubs won't be able to play games and the leagues will have to be juggled about by the time August comes and we are ready to restart. 

queensferryjambo
29 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Exactly.

I would also say that even if they were relegated possibly those 6 clubs would have gotten the benefits of playing bigger clubs for 2 seasons.

williamgerrard
Just now, redjambo said:

Hopefully, you will be reconsidering going to away games next season.

To right i will be boycotting away games unless some people want to have a go at that aswell 

ToadKiller Dog
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Reconstruction is going to happen anyway because a lot of these smaller clubs won't be able to play games and the leagues will have to be juggled about by the time August comes and we are ready to restart. 

Yep and as Ann Budge argues ,the 14-14-14 with teams of comparable size together makes it easier to do such if required .

58 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Did we not do this for Dylan Bikey under cathro? Just so Hibs couldn't sign him 

I think it was to avoid paying one of his former clubs a compensation fee.

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Narrator: "The coronavirus had other ideas."

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Could mean we might be playing in league with Airdrie and East Fife then. 

queensferryjambo

The only good news I suppose is the BBC are so desperate for a negative headline in Scottish football they have had to seek out Elgin and Stenhousemuir to get one.

Presumably if there were any big dissenters in the top flight and Championship they would also be bumping their gums - Watch this space I suppose.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )