SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Proposal is out there now. A bit of a reality check about when fans are likely to be allowed into grounds will be delivered this side of the weekend, so they'll all get a chance to consider the proposals in a different light afterwards. 

The proposal has to be more appealing to lower league clubs or it’s not got a chance unless there’s some kind of massive financial incentive for them to vote it through.  It is what should be happening in the Premiership but below I can’t see it happening. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

My favourite games of the season are the derbies and when Celtic Rangers Aberdeen come to town.  My preference isn’t taking a game away from them each so we can have an extended league and pretend we care about a Dundee or Highland derby.  

Take away half the category A games you also take away commercial revenue and that’s why even us, in this position won’t propose for anything that wipes half they games permanently.  In my opinion mind you.

In five years time if it was to go to a bigger league we would all be looking out on fixture day for when we play Hibs once at home and away and the novelty of having a couple more clubs in the table will end up being shite. 

I only see one team when we play and that is Hearts. Don't care who opposition is, Aberdeen or Arbroath. 

Hearts first and Hearts only.

Hearts1975
Just now, DETTY29 said:

He didn't say, but go back 7 or 8 weeks and a few hundred pages where Doncaster said N&V meant payments couldn't be releaed.

Ok. Cheers. It still confuses me to this day why it hasn’t happened hence why I asked.

Awarding a title to Celtic that they might not have won. Expelling us, when we could have stayed up. Other teams in the same position as us. 

I just don’t get it.

N and V seems a fair and logical solution. Ok, if your bottom rather than at the top, your better off, but that’s just the way it is. 

How you can award a title to a team that hasn’t won it, and at the same time relegate a team who isn’t down yet, I will never ever know. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

I only see one team when we play and that is Hearts. Don't care who opposition is, Aberdeen or Arbroath. 

Hearts first and Hearts only.

Aye right.  You’re up for a game against Hamilton as much as Celtic or Hibs at home.  Nae bother 👍

4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We don’t need Hamilton to help save us. Our chairman is doing a grand job on this front. I’m pretty sure reconstruction will be voted through from what I hear. Expect an announcement Monday or Tuesday next week. There’s more positives than negatives for sure. Aces high always wins! 

Good news, thanks.  I am glad our chairman is getting full credit for it then 😎

LarrysRightFoot

Couple of points/questions - sorry if already discussed:

1. Did the clubs in League 2 not already hold a vote amongst themselves - prior to the original reconstruction talks - and unanimously agree to back a 14 team league? If so why are the Stenny and Elgin chairmen now saying they won’t back it?

2. I’ve mentioned this on another thread previously but from the season following 20/21 UEFA are (or certainly were) planning on launching their new UEFA Conference League for diddy countries such as ourselves. The last time I looked our coefficient was 20 which would mean we get 3 spots. Taking our total European places to 7 (I think). So if a team in the top 6 wins the Scottish Cup 7th in the league will get a European spot. Puts paid to Anns current playoff idea.Though you could playoff between 6,7 & 8th which would probably make the proposal more appealing to bottom 8 clubs.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Hearts1975
10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

He didn't say, but go back 7 or 8 weeks and a few hundred pages where Doncaster said N&V meant payments couldn't be releaed.

Meant to add, if the prize money was the issue, how could they not release it on final placings but forgo dishing out titles and expulsions. It’s not ideal but as fair as you will get.

will-i-am-a-jambo
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

My favourite games of the season are the derbies and when Celtic Rangers Aberdeen come to town.  My preference isn’t taking a game away from them each so we can have an extended league and pretend we care about a Dundee or Highland derby.  

Take away half the category A games you also take away commercial revenue and that’s why even us, in this position won’t propose for anything that wipes half they games permanently.  In my opinion mind you.

In five years time if it was to go to a bigger league we would all be looking out on fixture day for when we play Hibs once at home and away and the novelty of having a couple more clubs in the table will end up being shite. 

Fair enough, each to their own. My preference would be to have the best possible chance of winning the league (after all that's what football is about, winning trophies) and in my opinion you need to have a larger league and only play the Old Frim 4 times and not 8 in order for that to happen. It would make the big games that you talk about more anticipated as well.

Heartsofgold

This is going to get voted down. Morons have no idea. They simply think we will turn up in numbers just like we did the last time in the championship. No ****ing way. Any hearts fan that turns up at a championship ground other than ICT needs to be taken aside and have it explained to them. 

ONLY HEARTS. FOREVER. 

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Couple of points/questions - sorry if already discussed:

1. Did the clubs in League 2 not already hold a vote amongst themselves - prior to the original reconstruction talks - and unanimously agree to back a 14 team league? If so why are the Stenny and Elgin chairmen now saying they won’t back it?

2. I’ve mentioned this on another thread previously but from the season following 20/21 UEFA are (or certainly were) planning on launching their new UEFA Conference League for diddlers countries such as ourselves. The last time I looked our coerce was 20 which would mean we get 3 spots. Taking our total European places to 7 (I think). So if a team in the top 6 wins the Scottish Cup 7th in the league will get a European spot. Puts paid to Anns current playoff idea.Though you could playoff between 6,7 & 8th which would probably make the proposal more appealing to bottom 8 clubs.

1) it’s temporary.  They aren’t going to vote through mass relegation to the highland/lowland in two years time.!

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, Last Laff said:

1) it’s temporary.  They aren’t going to vote through mass relegation to the highland/lowland in two years time.!

Is the 2 year point not a review with the option to revert back? It’s not going to revert back if the setup is a success.

I really can’t see why people are getting hung up on this temporary thing,

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Aye right.  You’re up for a game against Hamilton as much as Celtic or Hibs at home.  Nae bother 👍

Until they start awarding extra points for beating Aberdeen, Celtic, Sevc or Hibs, then yep, every game is same. Might be better laugh in pub beforehand talking to mates, might be happy after game if we win or pissed off if we lose, but during game, I still kick every ball, make every tackle, moan about refereeing, regardless of who the opposition is. Doesnt everyone?

1 minute ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Fair enough, each to their own. My preference would be to have the best possible chance of winning the league (after all that's what football is about, winning trophies) and in my opinion you need to have a larger league and only play the Old Frim 4 times and not 8 in order for that to happen. It would make the big games that you talk about more anticipated as well.

No bother mate.  I would sacrifice the games if we ever had a once in a lifetime chance of winning the league but I can’t ever see that happening. More chance winning the league using our Tynie advantage against challengers too.  Good discussion though 👍

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Which surely makes it permanent...because no-one is going to vote for significant relegation and back to the leagues of 10.

Edited by DETTY29

16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It sounded to me a piss take from the huns going on about saving all these clubs giving them the blue pound.  And if it’s not a pisstake then it still sounds like the equivalent of the huns going on about the blue pound.  There can be a lot more creation about the concept than the lazy Maroon pound which imo is chronic. 

The maroon doubloon? :D 

Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

Is the 2 year point not a review with the option to revert back? It’s not going to revert back if the setup is a success.

I really can’t see why people are getting hung up on this temporary thing,

I can’t either and I think it will be perm if it’s voted through.  It’s still a major risk for other clubs though.  I’m don’t have their way of thinking in my head mind you. 

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Which surely makes it permanent...because no-one is going to vote for significant relegation and back to the leagues of 10.

Why not just propose it permanently then?  That’s a confusing part.  Again, I agree. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Until they start awarding extra points for beating Aberdeen, Celtic, Sevc or Hibs, then yep, every game is same. Might be better laugh in pub beforehand talking to mates, might be happy after game if we win or pissed off if we lose, but during game, I still kick every ball, make every tackle, moan about refereeing, regardless of who the opposition is. Doesnt everyone?

I enjoy winning against Hibs Celtic and Rangers and the big match atmosphere of playing them much more than Livi and 500fans and a drum rocking up.  The kick a ball part I get as I go in my zone at games regardless but derbies are different level. 

jock _turd
4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We don’t need Hamilton to help save us. Our chairman is doing a grand job on this front. I’m pretty sure reconstruction will be voted through from what I hear. Expect an announcement Monday or Tuesday next week. There’s more positives than negatives for sure. Aces high always wins! 

So I have to tell you I am so glad you told us this... I will sleep a lot easier though if you could let me in on next weekend's lottery numbers :lol:

17 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

You keep banging the same drum and it's still the wrong one.

Nah. I'm definitely not. 

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why not just propose it permanently then?  That’s a confusing part.  Again, I agree. 

Because some teams want temporary (Aberdeen) and some want permanent (Hamilton). This is a clever way of getting round it.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

By proposing temporary but giving possibility of making permanent, does that not allow for some robust discussion to take place? If we only offered permanent choice, then no doubt same chairmen would be kicking off moaning it should be temporary. You will never please some people. 

Lets hope government and Sky put these people in their places.

Heartsmad1874
37 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Ayr Utd chairman on the Nine.  Utter chump.

Hope he’s got deep pockets.

Said he has more sympathy for Falkirk than Hearts :lol: hope his tinpot club die a very miserable death

niblick1874
42 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I know you want to destroy corruption and that your preference is court, but while I would love to see the SPFL burnt to the ground, I would take reconstruction now, as with any court case, there is always a chance we will lose.

One is the opposite of the other. You cant want one and settle for the other. You have a chance of fair play and you are saying take servitude. I feel dirty. don't get back. I'm away for a shower.  

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

By proposing temporary but giving possibility of making permanent, does that not allow for some robust discussion to take place? If we only offered permanent choice, then no doubt same chairmen would be kicking off moaning it should be temporary. You will never please some people. 

Lets hope government and Sky put these people in their places.

👍🤞

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Because some teams want temporary (Aberdeen) and some want permanent (Hamilton). This is a clever way of getting round it.

Hope so mate. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

So I have to tell you I am so glad you told us this... I will sleep a lot easier though if you could let me in on next weekend's lottery numbers :lol:

Not 100% sure, but think they will be between 1-49 (uk version).

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

This is going to get voted down. Morons have no idea. They simply think we will turn up in numbers just like we did the last time in the championship. No ****ing way. Any hearts fan that turns up at a championship ground other than ICT needs to be taken aside and have it explained to them. 

ONLY HEARTS. FOREVER. 

I’ve fairly recently retired from a job which stopped me going to almost every away game. I was looking forward to getting back to going to most, as I used to do back in the day. Always managed home games.

I’m disappointed, but certainly determined, that I won’t be going to any away matches, other than Inverness, if we are in the Championship next season. I’m happy to donate the gate money to Hearts or FOH instead. 

That is if there is any football, with spectators, this year anyway.

As far as any scheme that some of them may have to curtail the season because they can’t afford to play, they can forget it. If they cannot play their fixtures, they need to drop out of the league, for an agreed mothball period, before the season starts. It is ludicrous to suggest that these clubs can be so spiteful and unfair to Hearts, for their own perceived benefit, and then expect to be allowed to think they can decide how many fixtures they’ll honour next season and beyond.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

More chance of you winning the lottery than this getting voted through.  I get the feeling this is going to be like the Rangers smoking gun disappointment. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Said he has more sympathy for Falkirk than Hearts :lol: hope his tinpot club die a very miserable death

He could vote for reconstruction to help Falkirk then. 

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, Felix Lighter said:

Yup. Throughout my years on kb there has in the past been talk of boycotts and they were always laughed down. I think it's very different this time.

Don't know about anyone else but I am taking this all very personally, as I would a perfect stranger insulting a family member to my face and expecting nothing back.

I don't get to too many away games myself but the difference this time is for each away game I 'boycott' the ticket price will be going to FOH, which under normal circumstances wouldn't have happened.

Hell mend the (untz.  

Quite right.

I have never been one to even entertain the idea of boycotts in the past and do go to away games. I also know plenty of other guys who are die hards home and away every season and they are serious they aren't putting their cash into other clubs any more.

This time it is a very different story. Apart from a handful of teams in Scotland I will never set foot in away grounds again.

It isn't just the price of the ticket it is the food and drink you buy in the ground or even in fact in the pubs, restaurants, chippys whatever in the local area of the grounds that will suffer as well.

**** them though. 

lost in leith
41 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

To be fair I don't really want to go through all rules. 

But if you can't fulfull your fixtures I would expect there would be severe disciplinary action. 

Obviously we don't have any fixtures. Maybe there will be a dispensation. 

But will that need a vote? Edit - if it does a group of clubs including Hearts could have a lot of power 

My gut feel is that the rules don't explicitly cover this.  If so the fall back position will be that the SPFL Board can make a decision.  However, it must be likely that they say that the Championship clubs should agree how the Championship works in these difficult times. 

A betting man would say that an 18 game season is the likely outcome, unless clubs who would prefer a break to closed doors games are incentivised to change their minds.  Sky might say that they will honour the existing contract and not claim a refund for 19/20 if they get some freebie live games in the Championship and exclusive rights to highlights of the rest.  In turn the SPFL agree that an interim distribution of cash to keep the lights on includes some cash for Championship sides who are prepared to play, with the likes of Partick and Falkirk filling the gaps if some aren't prepared to take the risk.

If 'closed doors' really means a very limited crowd but with a bit of socially distanced hospitality by September/October then there might be a chance of salvation.

Pure speculation on my part rather than being ITK.

niblick1874
28 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

I agree with this. Avoiding court would be a bonus as lm not convinced it would be a foregone conclusion. It's also always better long term to compromise with other parties without going to court. However, having said all that if the reconstruction does fail l hope we do go to court but only if we have to and as a last resort.

Reconstruction comes with corruption. I have dibs on that.  

jock _turd
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

More chance of you winning the lottery than this getting voted through.  I get the feeling this is going to be like the Rangers smoking gun disappointment. 

My thoughts exactly. Here we have a situation where 42 clubs have to cast a vote... and someone already knows that the vote is going to be carried... because he has heard something??? What the f'k could he have heard the vote has not taken place yet... Ah wait I know what it is ND is on here all the time and maybe he pmailed him to let him know that no matter what happens in the vote the SPFL board will only count the votes in favour... makes sense they have previous for ignoring unwanted votes:laugh2:

Captain Canada

If the SPFL is one body looking after all 42 clubs then surely the season should start in the same month at least for all members? 

What happens if they decide the Championship is to start in January then for whatever reason fans can't attend games after all or the start is delayed by a few weeks due to bad weather? Or one or two clubs realise they can't afford to put a squad together and withdraw? 

40 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

Sorry if I’ve missed something but have Patrick Thistle not been incredibly quiet throughout this of late? I appreciate they don’t have funds to go legal and likely are hoping Hearts do (indirectly on their behalf) but all the same I’d have thought they would have been making a much bigger play at how much they’ve been shafted and what the consequences will be. 

We’ll not be going to court for fight for Partick or Stranraer or Rangers or anyone else. We’ll not be going to court to have any decisions reversed and there won’t be a 2 week court case with dozens of SPFL blazers being named and shamed and grilled and warned about perjury etc etc. 

We’ll be going to court purely for compensation having begged pleaded and cajoled for unfair damaging decisions to be reversed.

Ann Budge specifically indicated we’d be seeking compensation if reconstruction fails. It’s in her presentation and it states how much we’d be looking for. It says nothing about going to court for any other reason.

Anyone expecting a courtroom drama with Tom Cruise asking General Doncaster repeatedly if he ordered a code red  is going to be in for a serious disappointment. It will be a 4 hour hearing at most with the bullet points presented and debated between QC on both sides and a judge. I highly doubt anyone will be called to give evidence of any sort and if we win it will be appealed, probably more than once.

Reality check time 

Edited by JimmyCant

Riccarton3
12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The SPFL is not even using its media contacts to talk up reconstruction to help convince clubs in an indirect way. Not as if they don't have influence with our fine sporting press.

It seems a bit mad how some people on Kickback know that 34+ clubs are going to vote for this when the clubs themselves don't seem to know it.

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Because it’s Hunnish.  

So anything they say now belongs to them and no other team can use words or phrases they have used before? I dislike the hun as much as anyone but to allow them to control the language is what is wrong with the system.

30 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

ONLY HEARTS. FOREVER. 

Hearts as a club could take it out the fans hands by refusing away tickets . 

Giving any reason they want . 

Fans safety  , Not taking them on fans advice , not taking them cause you lot ****ed us over . 

Its the only thing those goons of chairmen would understand, hitting them in the  pocket . 

If  the club don't take the lead in it then it's going to be half hearted and pointless imo . 

Riccarton3
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ll not be going to court for fight for Partick or Stranraer or Rangers or anyone else. We’ll not be going to court to have any decisions reversed and there won’t be a 2 week court case with dozens of SPFL blazers being named and shamed and warned about perjury etc etc. 

We’ll be going to court purely for compensation having begged pleaded and cajoled for unfair damaging decisions to be reversed.

Ann Budge specifically indicated we’d be seeking compensation if reconstruction fails. It’s in her presentation and it states how much we’d be looking for. It says nothing about going to court for any other reason.

Anyone expecting a courtroom drama with Tom Cruise asking General Doncaster repeatedly if he ordered a code red  is going to be in for a serious disappointment. It will be a 4 hour hearing at most with the bullet points presented and debated between QC on both sides and a judge. I highly doubt anyone will be called to give evidence of any sort and if we win it will be appealed, probably more than once.

Reality check time 

Begged and pleaded, eh? You cannae help yourself. A proposal has been put forward, a decent one. That's all. Strange language, begging and pleading. Aye.

Edited by Riccarton3

55 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It was always a waste of time. She should have lawyered up the minute that resolution passed instead of playing ****ing tea parties with the clowns. This was all about saving face and avoiding a legal challenge if possible.

She has lawyered up. Read her ****ing paper and statement.

Jesus

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, graygo said:

I've got 4 pages to catch up so might already have been mentioned but to form a breakaway league requires 2 years notice I believe.

yeah it not helpful to get random nonsense thrown in. It is hard enough to keep up.

lost in leith
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Hearts as a club could take it out the fans hands by refusing away tickets . 

Giving any reason they want . 

Fans safety  , Not taking them on fans advice , not taking them cause you lot ****ed us over . 

Its the only thing those goons of chairmen would understand, hitting them in the  pocket . 

If  the club don't take the lead in it then it's going to be half hearted and pointless imo . 

We could refuse to sell away tickets.  However, the clubs could just sell direct to Hearts fans.  We sold direct to fans of the arse cheeks when those clubs insisted on deducting a hefty admin fee from the proceeds. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I would have thought reconstruction would have been knocked down by Celtic and Rangers. Not by the minnows. 

3 14s has to benefit every club. 

Only ever 2 years from the Premier and 2 extra teams get to be there. 

Unless the ambition is simply to win the second have a run at the first get relegated win the 2nd.......and so on.

Caley, Ross County, Cove and to a lesser extent Peterhead have shown that the ilk of East Stirling,  Brechin,  Berwick will never be missed.

Too many of these "community " clubs as they are known do little and don't really get backed by the community come Saturday 

Edited by Sir Gio

42 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

The proposal has to be more appealing to lower league clubs or it’s not got a chance unless there’s some kind of massive financial incentive for them to vote it through.  It is what should be happening in the Premiership but below I can’t see it happening. 

The way I read it is the lower league teams want their cake and eat it, looks awfy like a number of them just don’t have the cash for behind closed doors and don’t have the fan base to help support them  so they want reconstruction but just not yet as it doesn’t help them but still want their place at the top table waiting for them when they can play games, in the meantime they are looking for handouts over and above furloughing, If they aren’t able to play when it opens up they then loose all their rights those able to field teams are put into 1 2 or 3 leagues depend on teams available,take it from there 

18 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’ve fairly recently retired from a job which stopped me going to almost every away game. I was looking forward to getting back to going to most, as I used to do back in the day. Always managed home games.

I’m disappointed, but certainly determined, that I won’t be going to any away matches, other than Inverness, if we are in the Championship next season. I’m happy to donate the gate money to Hearts or FOH instead. 

That is if there is any football, with spectators, this year anyway.

As far as any scheme that some of them may have to curtail the season because they can’t afford to play, they can forget it. If they cannot play their fixtures, they need to drop out of the league, for an agreed mothball period, before the season starts. It is ludicrous to suggest that these clubs can be so spiteful and unfair to Hearts, for their own perceived benefit, and then expect to be allowed to think they can decide how many fixtures they’ll honour next season and beyond.

Ther are several options.

Money to FOH means no VAT to be paid by the club when FOH hand the money over so on the face of it is best way of doing it, plus you get 1.5 Maroon points.

Another alternative apart from buying more merchandise etc if, and it is a big if,  we can get fans in to the stadium on an on social distancing basis then you could buy an adult and a child tickets and donate to  @Dagger Is Back and his 'Donate a Ticket, initiative who will find a good home via his school contacts.  The advantage to you of buying additional home tickets is that you will get some loyalty points you are missing out on on not going to away games.

Although due to these  unprecented times we might all need to check with  @Dagger Is Back how feasible this is going to be.

9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Begged and pleaded, eh? You canned help yourself. A proposal has been put forward, a decent one. That's all. Strange language, begging and plrading. Aye.

You need to have a serious think about why it is that we’re the only club driving for this. Not one other big club on our side. Not one positive comment from the SPFL board or from Doncaster. Not one media outlet championing our case. Not one comment from government. We are completely on our own here. We’re begging and pleading with them to accept the proposal because if they don’t we’re looking at taking 100k off each and every one of them if we win and that puts 20 of them out of business at least. 

Edited by JimmyCant

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, lost in leith said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/1242049/scottish-clubs-are-prepared-to-invoke-clause-12-if-players-dont-agree-to-pay-cuts-and-deferrals/

The interesting point is that the ability to suspend contracts (ie not pay players) only applies while the SFA has suspended football.  So if they say that football can be played it suggests that clubs have to pay players even if they have decided not to play games.  Furlough helps but employers have to start contributing towards furloughed players wages after August and it looks like furlough will have gone completely by the end of October.  

Furlough rules are not football dependent, but are the same for everyone. It is quite simple, if you are furloughed you cannot work, no training no discussing things with manager, nothing. Answering an email would be deemed as working. The rules are strict to stop abuse of the system, the government are funding it, they cannot have any blurred lines which would encourage employers to get a hand out and work from employees

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )