SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, Last Laff said:

Mothballing will be the way ahead.  Most clubs won’t have players this time next week and won’t go bust. 

Mothballing won’t save those clubs with loans . Bills still have to be paid. No revenue is certain to kill off some of the dross.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

CF11JamTart
7 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

Roddy Forsyth is poison.  Right now on 5 live he mocked the re-structure and said it was just us trying to save ourselves. In my eyes he's even more hated that the C Dung clown. He gets to broadcast to the UK and is towing the line. He is in the pocket of someone.

I heard him at 0830ish on Five Live this morning. 

Very very dismissive and condescending.  He also has a manner that suggests that he believes all of Scottish football is tiresome and beneath him.

Am developing quite a dislike for him: especially, as you say,  the fact that he's broadcasting to UK and many people will understandably take it at face value. 

'King weasel.

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

1.     Leadership vacuum at SPFL.

2.     Industrial strength stupidity.

3.     Industrial strength delusion.

4.     Naked dishonesty.

All of the above.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m in England but I do a good number of away games every season. I just think people will say they’re done now but when the games come round will find it hard to stick to it. Put it this way - if Hearts sell away tickets, I reckon plenty will sell.

I think you’re perhaps underestimating the feeling but there’s no point going round in circles. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

I enjoy going to away games but wont be going to them anymore (ICT et al excepted)

Will make it all the more special attending just a handful of grounds 👍🏼🇱🇻

husref musemic
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Mothballing will be the way ahead.  Most clubs won’t have players this time next week and won’t go bust. 

we could bin most of our superstars today. save about £6M and pick up a new better (couldn't be worse) squad in December. 

supply and demand !

17 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Its hard to see total boycott of away games   too many folks love going and its their day out, be tough for a lot to stay away,   but I do see some not turning  up......

A total boycott is an impossibility anyway. However, if there is enough of one to make a difference.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

Very very dismissive and condescending.  He also has a manner that suggests that he believes all of Scottish football is tiresome and beneath him.

Am developing quite a dislike for him: especially, as you say,  the fact that he's broadcasting to UK and many people will understandably take it at face value. 

'King weasel.

Total Hibs wankweasel he is 

Felix Lighter
24 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Genuine question - are you in Edinburgh or the surrounding areas?

I know guys who have been going to away games for years and are adamant they are done with it. Guys I work with are the same. I can assure you I won’t go to another Scottish ground and whilst not as hardcore as others, I’m usually at about 10 away games a season. My Dad has also assured me he won’t be going to any.

The reason I asked you what I did initially was that I find it hard to believe you wouldn’t be aware of the strength of feeling there is if you were living locally.

I’m telling you on my kids lives that should the Semi final go ahead with spectators, I won’t be there. I’ve not missed a Hearts game at Hampden since **** only knows when.

I’m done with it. 

Yup. Throughout my years on kb there has in the past been talk of boycotts and they were always laughed down. I think it's very different this time.

Don't know about anyone else but I am taking this all very personally, as I would a perfect stranger insulting a family member to my face and expecting nothing back.

I don't get to too many away games myself but the difference this time is for each away game I 'boycott' the ticket price will be going to FOH, which under normal circumstances wouldn't have happened.

Hell mend the (untz.  

Edited by Felix Lighter

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m in England but I do a good number of away games every season. I just think people will say they’re done now but when the games come round will find it hard to stick to it. Put it this way - if Hearts sell away tickets, I reckon plenty will sell.

The 1st away game of the season where football fans are permitted to attend will sell out, regardless of our opposition. 

Brian Fantana

One thing this whole situation has really opened my eyes to is just how hated Hearts seem to be in the Scottish football world. From other club's chairman, to their fans, to the press - every one of them all lining up to put the boot in to the club whilst we're down with glee on their faces.

This should not be forgotten. This should be what galvanises everyone at the club. From the board downwards. No more cosy relationships with any clubs. Everything done for the benefit of our club alone. 

Hearts first. Hearts to the last. Only Hearts. Always Hearts. 

Hearts1975
5 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Complete leadership vacuum apart from various tasks forces/committees being set up.  They even rejected the reconstruction report before it was published via the Premiership clubs. Questionable whether SPFL Board want anything to happen regarding votes on reconstruction so Hearts ,who need a result , are effectively forcing one. If it's rejected, we go to court if it passes ,we are in the Premiership and can plan for the season ahead.

This is 100% correct. I was against AB even getting involved in the overall process at day dot and purely because I was suspicious that by having to get these proposals passed by all the member clubs the SPFL were getting the easy way out and were trying to squirm away from the fact that they should have lead the overall process and put some back bone into it 

That said, what she has done, I can’t really think of anything else that she could have done but ultimately it appears that the SPFL Will not force this reconstruction through without full autonomous agreement from all of their clubs 

They can’t even preside over a democratic ballot without F...... up the whole process so what chance have we got when we look to them to provide any sort of leadership in the process. They are sitting back from it and deliberately. 

These papers still will need a percentage voting resolution from all of the clubs to pass.

They so called SPFL won’t force the issue themselves unless that by some clubs now saying that they cannot play on, behind closed doors, is making them think that a pending court action, from us, not only around the fact that we were expelled without playing all remaining games, but now that we could lose further millions by sitting idle in the championship until folk can flock back to the stadiums is making them reconsider their position. That’s my reading of it anyway 

9 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Mothballing won’t save those clubs with loans . Bills still have to be paid. No revenue is certain to kill off some of the dross.

Do many clubs in Scottish football have lots of debts and loans?  Some of the dross isn’t the attitude I would take either but fair enough. 

9 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

we could bin most of our superstars today. save about £6M and pick up a new better (couldn't be worse) squad in December. 

supply and demand !

I would do it.  Seriously.  

Riccarton3
18 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

What happens to the TV money ? If clubs mothball they clearly don't need it. For Championship clubs : if the season start in Jan, how many games will be played (in a best case scenario ?). Are they going to give tv money to championship clubs without financial guarantees they can complete the season ? 

Do Sky cover any championship games? Could those lower league teams trade their share of tv money for getting to do what they want? Or else have it held for them?

These are just thoughts based on the SPFL track record of showing no leadership.

3 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

The 1st away game of the season where football fans are permitted to attend will sell out, regardless of our opposition. 

What’s that based on exactly? I can’t remember too many away games sold out last year. Some of the people who went to those (not sold out) away games last year are on here, categorically saying they’re not going to away games any more. Where are these fans coming from that are going to fill up away stadiums?

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Do Sky cover any championship games? Could those lower league teams trade their share of tv money for getting to do what they want? Or else have it held for them?

These are just thoughts based on the SPFL track record of showing no leadership.

BT showed a few Dundee derby’s but thats it, only real Championship coverage was Friday nights at 1905 on BBC and i’m sure Lachlan Cameron said Ayr lost money through doing that.

Seymour M Hersh
24 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

Roddy Forsyth is poison.  Right now on 5 live he mocked the re-structure and said it was just us trying to save ourselves. In my eyes he's even more hated that the C Dung clown. He gets to broadcast to the UK and is towing the line. He is in the pocket of someone.

Nasally weejie twat. Only thinks two teams matter up here and is utterly dismissive of Scottish football even although, as far as I can tell, that's all he slavers about in the Telegraph. He's another one you would tire of hitting. 

SectionDJambo
26 minutes ago, Simmo said:

This thread is rapidly going down the drain with a lot of the so-called 'Hearts ' fans joining in with their usual ant-Budge tripe. Added to that everybody is talking about a vote coming up. The document Ann presented to all the clubs was not a resolution, merely a paper asking for feedback from al clubs on how they see the present position and what they think of her ideas. If the SPFL officers and board had any brains among them they should now be gathering the feedback (if there is any) and proceeding to put the ideas out as a fully developed plan for the next two years. No ifs or buts this is what we are going to do so get your houses in order and tell us if you can play or not. The make-up of the Leagues 2 or 3 could then be settled. NO vote required. This is called leadership but, to date, the only leadership has come from Mrs Budge.

Bang on.

Too many moaners, pessimists and people who just don’t want a successful, forward thinking outcome.

Much better that the current lack of leadership and innovation, to overcome the biggest challenge ever faced by Scottish football, triumphs and a huge chunk of it dies. 
As long as there is punishment, all is well in our spiteful country.

Heartsmad1874
19 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

What does a club that mothballs do with its players and staff still contracted? I have absolutely no idea how it can be so simple to hit pause when you still have wages to pay (furlough scheme ends in the autumn) with no income coming in.

Riccarton3
12 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

'King weasel.

Roddy the Proddy didn't see Rangers demise coming. Probably ignored the warnings. One of the succulent lamb brigade. I like the idea back then of him having to explain what was going on to those at the Telegraph, if they showed any interest at all. Twat.

Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

What does a club that mothballs do with its players and staff still contracted? I have absolutely no idea how it can be so simple to hit pause when you still have wages to pay (furlough scheme ends in the autumn) with no income coming in.

QoS have 3 players left. There’s at least one league 2 club (heard the boy on the wireless, can’t remember who he was) that have no players contracted come 1st June. 

Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

Can cut them loose with an article in their contracts (12/14? Can't quite remember). Staff they can I would guess cut loose and find another manager in January if needed. It's brutal but if it's for the survival of their clubs it's what they'll have to do. As far as I know most clubs lower than Champ operate on a year to year basis, so their players are all finished in a few days anyway and then they can mothball.

Riccarton3
4 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

There seems to be a clause in contracts cllubs can effectively lay players off until the great show returns.

husref musemic
8 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Yup. Throughout my years on kb there has in the past been talk of boycotts and they were always laughed down. I think it's very different this time.

Don't know about anyone else but I am taking this all very personally, as I would a perfect stranger insulting a family member to my face and expecting nothing back.

I don't get to too many away games myself but the difference this time is for each away game I 'boycott' the ticket price will be going to FOH, which under normal circumstances wouldn't have happened.

Hell mend the (untz.  

I'm genuinely baffled.

- the votes for cash

- the bullying & extortion to award celtic the title on a two day vote.

- agreed by 80% to expel us.

- those rats at Easter road voted to drop a place & lose money!!!

- the giddy SPFL statements after the vote.

- the Dundee fraud & the phone calls.....

- the embarrassment of hearts / Anne @ the egm.

- anne & hearts now doing docasters job!

to think about giving any of those b@stards a penny. how ??

CF11JamTart
12 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

That's what baffles me... still got bills to pay. But no income stream. Still... I'm sure that all those wise chairmen have it all worked out.

16 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I can't see the bitterness diminishing that quickly despite such a buzz around being able to attend games again

Such a fixture would also likely be televised, so a boycott would have even more of an impact.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

This is 100% correct. I was against AB even getting involved in the overall process at day dot and purely because I was suspicious that by having to get these proposals passed by all the member clubs the SPFL were getting the easy way out and were trying to squirm away from the fact that they should have lead the overall process and put some back bone into it 

That said, what she has done, I can’t really think of anything else that she could have done but ultimately it appears that the SPFL Will not force this reconstruction through without full autonomous agreement from all of their clubs 

They can’t even preside over a democratic ballot without F...... up the whole process so what chance have we got when we look to them to provide any sort of leadership in the process. They are sitting back from it and deliberately. 

These papers still will need a percentage voting resolution from all of the clubs to pass.

They so called SPFL won’t force the issue themselves unless that by some clubs now saying that they cannot play on, behind closed doors, is making them think that a pending court action, from us, not only around the fact that we were expelled without playing all remaining games, but now that we could lose further millions by sitting idle in the championship until folk can flock back to the stadiums is making them reconsider their position. That’s my reading of it anyway 

Thing is though, no-one really wants reconstruction. We’re pushing it because it stops us going down but there’s no mandate for it. Was always going to be defeated. I don’t know why we’ve bothered tbh, unless we’re exhausting every avenue before court.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

And do they just keep their league status? Unless the SPFL/SFA give permission for clubs to mothball, surely any club would have to resign from the league and then reapply?

If the blazers give the authority for clubs to mothball with no penalty, what's to stop someone like Kilmarnock sitting tight for a year until they can welcome 5k old firm fans 4 times a season?

Riccarton3
33 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

No I get that, my point was if PL clubs wanted to force the issue of reconstruction, they could by threatening (sorry have robust conversations) to vote out delaying/truncating the season, persuade the other divisions to accept the proposal

Yes, top league could block what the championship and below from what they might want to do but does it really bother them? 

Edited by Riccarton3

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Sky have made it clear they want the Edinburgh derbies 100%

They may well do but they want Celtic and Rangers visiting tynie more than anything. Last time I looked those four games have the highest viewing figures after the four OF games. 

William H. Bonney
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What’s that based on exactly? I can’t remember too many away games sold out last year. Some of the people who went to those (not sold out) away games last year are on here, categorically saying they’re not going to away games any more. Where are these fans coming from that are going to fill up away stadiums?

I would imagine the first time hearts fans are permitted to travel to other grounds they will, in great numbers. There’s every possibility it could be a year since our last away game. I’d want to be part of that . 
On a more personal note, i fully understand the resentment towards other clubs and I absolutely respect the decision of those who will boycott, but I still think I will attend. I’m just there to watch hearts play football. 

46 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Probably not 100% but it’s going to happen. As it should.

Always Hearts.

Maybe we could all turn up and create a picket line? Stop fans from going in. Scabs!  😁

1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

I would imagine the first time hearts fans are permitted to travel to other grounds they will, in great numbers. There’s every possibility it could be a year since our last away game. I’d want to be part of that . 
On a more personal note, i fully understand the resentment towards other clubs and I absolutely respect the decision of those who will boycott, but I still think I will attend. I’m just there to watch hearts play football. 

Fair enough bud. I think you’re underestimating the strength of feeling but time will tell. 

Felix Lighter
5 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

I'm genuinely baffled.

- the votes for cash

- the bullying & extortion to award celtic the title on a two day vote.

- agreed by 80% to expel us.

- those rats at Easter road voted to drop a place & lose money!!!

- the giddy SPFL statements after the vote.

- the Dundee fraud & the phone calls.....

- the embarrassment of hearts / Anne @ the egm.

- anne & hearts now doing docasters job!

to think about giving any of those b@stards a penny. how ??

Yup, a proper smorgasbord of 'we hate Hearts' and some on here are suggesting we accept it and move on!!!

Feck that. 

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough bud. I think you’re underestimating the strength of feeling but time will tell. 

👍

2 hours ago, Jambo66 said:

I have a feeling that the proposal will be passed pretty comfortably. Unlike many on here, I think Hibs will vote in favour as well. I really don't see their owner agreeing to vote in the way some of their more vociferous fans would wish. The only possible reason that Hibs would want us to vanish would be if they thought that Hearts fans would switch allegiance in sufficiently large numbers to make a significant difference to the value of the club and it's prospects on the pitch. No-one who knows anything about Scottish football would think that is a realistic possibility.

I also don't think that folk on social media are representative of the bulk of any club's supporters. Every single Hearts fan I know loves derby day. And while we dominate, that's hardly a reason for the majority of Hibs fans to want us to disappear. I just don't buy it. Obviously, there are those among their support that do want that result, but they'd miss us if we disappear.

Hamilton have previously indicated broad support for reconstruction and Celtic, Sevco and Aberdeen look in favour as well. As for the rest, there is no good reason to vote against. If they do, they will surely know that it's going to cost them shedloads of cash.

My guess is that the premiership might even be unanimous here. If it is, or even if 11 vote in favour, the pressure will be enormous on the other clubs. The ultimate threat is that the premiership forms a break away league and they simply won't want that to happen.

The championship clubs look less convinced at the moment, but I think after a few days of grumbling, they will also fall in line.

To be honest, all of that makes be a bit disappointed, because I don't want the proposal to be passed. And this is the main reason why I think it will - too many clubs are petrified about the possibility of the SPFL's dirty linen being washed in a public case. I would be delighted if this ends up in court, because football in this country needs a complete reboot.

I've got 4 pages to catch up so might already have been mentioned but to form a breakaway league requires 2 years notice I believe.

lost in leith
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

I still get the feeling there is a Sky red  button waiting to be pushed in the background here.

Also, how can Hamilton bring the game into disrepute as much as they have this season, have dodgy accounts, be a team that survives by kicking the shit out of every other team, be close to insolvency and not be the team that everyone hates rather than us?

I genuinely don’t get it

I understand why people hated us with Romanov - because he was *****. I have no idea whatsoever why we are so detested now?

Craig Levein is your starter for 10.  Pretty widely hated in the game and the legendary 4-6-0 in Prague didn't help.

In fairness a lot of Ann Budge's statements have helped to wind other fans up too, not just in the few weeks.   And in the past she has wound up a hell of a lot of our fans too.

30 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

I don’t think many of the clubs will have any players on more than part time wages at all levels.  If they do then they will make redundancies using the clause we could use to get rid of our players and staff surely?  

Hearts1975
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Thing is though, no-one really wants reconstruction. We’re pushing it because it stops us going down but there’s no mandate for it. Was always going to be defeated. I don’t know why we’ve bothered tbh, unless we’re exhausting every avenue before court.

It’s never happened in the past and pre Covid. Let’s be realistic if there was ultimate benefit and more so support for it, refonstruction would have happened a long long time ago 

Covid pushes reconstruction on the table, not support for it. We have a failed governance in place who push everything down to votes and trying to get collectives between 42 different clubs who all have their own interests at heart. Its always been the reason why nothing ever changes with our game and with our ruling bodies 

Not 3 weeks ago the 1st set of reconstruction proposals for resolution that AB submitted were kicked into touch by the majority of SPFL clubs. They didn’t give 2 flying f.... for our predicament back then so what has changed ?

The only real thing that’s changed between then and now some clubs are announcing that they might not be able to play behind closed doors and finance the near future. If the SPFL actually talk to their member clubs they would have known this scenario back then. They all said, to a club, now is not the time to be talking about reconstruction and that was the reason these same clubs gave 3 weeks ago when asked why they voted the way that they did 

Now they are saying the opposite and now there is a lot of support for it ? No one, and I mean no one, in these quarters cares about what is happening to us, apart from us 

I do think it helps our case that now the goalposts with the championship clubs and other clubs saying they can’t continue with the games has meant that everyone has came back scuttling around the table to reconsider not foregoing the fact that the SPFL is probably shitting theme selves directly thinking that our compensation entitlement has added on a few zero’s pending any legal proceedings from us 

If this hadn’t happened with some clubs now saying they can’t play on would we be in the situation that we are now in “round 2” and back round the table trying to gather favour with the same cretins that showed no moral obligation to any of the clubs that were being unfairly penalised 3 weeks ago. ? On face the decision was made 3 weeks ago and we would have been headed directly for court action 

Doesn’t matter how “forward” thinking people are and it doesn’t matter how innovative people want to be, the reality is that unless we have full change at the top and people are removed from the SPFL and new people put in place which have. O vested interest to anything other than Em Celtic, OF or revenue, then nothing changes. We stay as we are. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

10 pages caught up on. Things learned:-

We are still left with legal action to give these numpties a reality check.

People are giving Last Laff enough attention to avoid him having another meltdown.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

I've got 4 pages to catch up so might already have been mentioned but to form a breakaway league requires 2 years notice I believe.

It does indeed, but I think we all know that if the premiership teams and others of a similar mindset demanded it, then it would happen.  If they said that's what is happening, Sky and other broadcasters would be inside as well.

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And do they just keep their league status? Unless the SPFL/SFA give permission for clubs to mothball, surely any club would have to resign from the league and then reapply?

If the blazers give the authority for clubs to mothball with no penalty, what's to stop someone like Kilmarnock sitting tight for a year until they can welcome 5k old firm fans 4 times a season?

It's incredible. 

Can't believe in any other situation clubs not being expelled. 

Turning up to play your games is the basic minmum. 

49 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

'King weasel.

Youd be better listening to talk radio rather than the BBC nonsense - i usually listen to talksport but with the lack of sport found myself listening more to talk radio and it's decent 

1 hour ago, Paint the town maroon said:

our away support is average at best. It’s hardly a money spinner.

I've not read a single post of yours that's made me think that you're a Hearts supporter.

lost in leith
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The SFA and the SPFL have the power to force everyone to start in August. SPFL has decent negotiating position if it wants to force this through. 

Not sure about this.  You might be right, but can you provide some evidence to show that the SFA and/or the SPFL have this power?  There was a bit of chat about this on Pie & Bovril a while back and I'm not convinced anyone really knew what the story is!

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Our proposals have a back up plan. Which in turn has a back up plan B. And if that fails we have a plan C. I firmly believe plan A will go through next week. 

It is up to evry individual poster as to who they believe on here. Being a normal half glass empty type when it comes to football, I would usually be pessimistic about this proposal, bunch what the ****, I am going out on a limb and hoping that you and Mr Selkirk are correct in your belief that this is going through.

I certainly don't want to be part of the group that rubbish everything the club does, compares us to Sevco, feels sorry for other clubs and thinks we should accept a shafting and do nothing. Whether these guys are vermin, Hearts fans who hate the club for someone unknown reason or just terminally depressed lonely trolls, I do wish they would give themselves a break and **** off somewhere else for a day or two.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've not read a single post of yours that's made me think that you're a Hearts supporter.

He/she is most certainly not a Hearts supporter. Definitely a ***** though, and a ****ing miserable ***** at that.

niblick1874
20 hours ago, Barack said:

Shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Who would have foreseen it...(?)

Would you rather this goes to court or would you rather that 14 14 14/16 is excepted?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )