SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Bad spelling Morgan he used a "t" where he outa nota:laugh2:

Crossing ones ‘T’s’ and dotting ones ‘I’s’ are vitally important, Jock.

Basic English really.

Seems to have fallen by the wayside.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Aww....you’re still The Man in my eyes :thumb:

Cheers NB 😜

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

Rangers went to court over a footballing matter against the governing body (SFA).

Hearts will be looking at damage to the business. They will be testing the behaviour of the board of the SPFL and fellow member clubs : not the governing body. 

So even less chance of FIFA getting involved in any meaningful way then?

I hope someone connected to Hearts is busily totting up how much Hamilton, St Mirren and Country benefit financially from no relegation through their votes, how D Utd benefit from promotion through their vote, how Motherwell and Aberdeen benefit from Europe through their votes and so on down the leagues - all at the expense of 3 clubs plus the ones denied playoffs or promotion and titles.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Bad spelling Morgan he used a "t" where he outa nota:laugh2:

Ffs so I did 😆

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What FIFA say  heard Tom English on Sportsound a couple of weeks back  was a new one on me.

You can't take your national association to court,  but this not an action against the SFA, its against the League or SPFL and there is no rule preventing a club to do that 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Crossing ones ‘T’s’ and dotting ones ‘I’s’ are vitally important, Jock.

Basic English really.

Seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Big fingers, only good for one thing 👍🏽

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I disagree with JC, I was joking but an emoji probably should’ve been used.

Unreasonable was the first thing that came to mind to make up Jimmy U Cant , maybe if I asked if he was cockney then my poor attempt at humour might’ve been clearer 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤪?!?!

Got you now, Monsieur Bruno.  :thumbsup:

Ethan Hunt
5 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Ok chill out. 

Maybe fearing the worst because so far the worst has been what's ******* happened. 

I don’t need to chill out buddy. I’m not the one sitting fearing the worst about things.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Big fingers, only good for one thing 👍🏽

:oohmatron:

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Philosophy, James.  :thumbsup:

Nothing personal within my comment, just my own opinion.

Your opinion is allowed, in fact it’s positively encouraged given it’s a forum.

i have no issue with your opinion or your right to express it, nor anyone else for that matter. It’s difficult to get upset or offended by people you dont know and who don’t know you, I find half the opinions on here worth reading, and agree with around half of the worthwhile ones. The rest is just the shite you throw away when you’ve found what you’re looking for.

Edited by JimmyCant

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Is that a change ? They didn’t accept our CVA but they weren’t the main/majority creditor (luckily UBIG were) and HMRC couldn’t stop it going through once UBIG allowed it.

Article in a tabloid report today 

Not our favourite publication so didn't post the link

annushorribilis III
19 minutes ago, jamboshorty said:

Doncaster saying he still hopeful for sponsor. Whose going to sponsor something (unless he offers sky something) where there a court case ongoing and negative press .  I see a narrative increasing about money coming from Scottish government, again can't see Scottish government giving any money if there a live court case.  they not going to give money to clubs if that might end up as part of court resolution. You'd think that might make chairman and spfl think but they so arrogant probably not. 

Then I hope Sturgeon suggests they distribute the TV money in such a way as to help THEIR member clubs. No way should this be a bailout (not that I think it will). 

132goals1958
53 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Interesting new administration rules with HMRC.

CVA can only be agreed upon full tax payments. 

I wonder if that will be relaxed with so many companies in difficulty. 

Going to liquidate far more 

I believe they are also allowing businesses to defer their monthly tax and NI.liability due by the 22nd of each month. A recipe for disaster as utilising creditor funds when there is little light at the end of the tunnel is only going to end up in tears 

12 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Then I hope Sturgeon suggests they distribute the TV money in such a way as to help THEIR member clubs. No way should this be a bailout (not that I think it will). 

This should have been the first thought in the head of the SPFL board. A forward thinking proactive board would have looked down the line at this and seen a huge Potential problem with club survival that the payouts barely scratched the surface of. A ‘together’ organisation looking after each member would have tried to retain some form of emergency funding from the millions they had sitting in the bank. Instead they looked for the fastest and easiest way to give Celtic the title and get that money out of harms way and into the clubs so they could plead ‘no funds’ The collateral and the mid term issues weren’t considered for a single minute. Not by the board, not by Doncaster, not by the vast majority of clubs.

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Your opinion is allowed, in fact it’s positively encouraged given it’s a forum.

i have no issue with your opinion it your right to express it, not anyone else for that matter. It’s difficult to get upset or offended by people you dont know and who don’t know you, I find half the opinions on here worth reading, and agree with around half of the worthwhile ones. The rest is just the shite you throw away when you’ve found what you’re looking for.

As is yours, JC.

It’s fun/enthralling/motivating to opine.

If we all thought the same, the forum/fansite situation would be redundant..

Sharing thoughts with strangers however, as you correctly allude to, is an immensely strange situation to put, or indeed, find oneself in.

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Agreed, not disputing he is overpaid. 

I'm surprised just how flimsy the SPFL actually is. A handful of people. 

From what I can gather from this debacle,  he doesn't make football decisions though that falls back onto the club's. He simply keeps the process in order. 

I think it is barking up the wrong tree to get him. 

I also agree we need a leader,  but the constitution and articles of the SPFL are the problem. They prohibit leadership. 

It puts it back on the clubs alwaysby proxy,  there's never going to be anything else other than conflict of interest,  and the weighting of the voting is just wrong. 

I really don't see it as his fault. 

Whoever's going to replace him one day, I hope they go the marketing route for the front man, with a decent straight man behind them. 

But sort that voting system,  its power is ruinous 

Now that's a better post! But the way I see it he needs to go, along with the whole system.

The reason he exists is that the system is set up quite intentionally to be headed by a yes man. The exact opposite of what Scottish football needs

Ethan Hunt
3 hours ago, Jamie3lb said:

I didn’t say they sit in silence. I guarantee my experience in court is certainly not somewhat limited. Hope we appear against each other and get a pint afterwards 😊

With you as the accused?

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

This should have been the first thought in the head of the SPFL board. A forward thinking proactive board would have looked down the line at this and seen a huge Potential problem with club survival that the payouts barely scratched the surface of. A ‘together’ organisation looking after each member would have tried to retain some form of emergency funding from the millions they had sitting in the bank. Instead they looked for the fastest and easiest way to give Celtic the title and get that money out of harms way and into the clubs. The collateral and the mid term issues weeent considered for a single minute. Not by the board, not by Doncaster, not by the vast majority of clubs.

Retaining funds wouldn't have helped as the bulk of the cash had already been paid out. However the £28M that's due in August - they could REALLY help the desperate clubs out with that. 

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Now that's a better post! But the way I see it he needs to go, along with the whole system.

The reason he exists is that the system is set up quite intentionally to be headed by a yes man. The exact opposite of what Scottish football needs

What’s the recruitment process for that job. Does he have a contract that gets renewed every now and again, do the clubs vote to keep him or does he have a job for life until Celtic fancy a change ?

Captain Canada

It's pretty clear we can take the SPFL to court. Doncaster has already said he doesn't want us to pursue legal action as it will impact on the member clubs. 

I really hope common sense prevails so we don't have to go down that route, but most clubs are so focused on their short term financial position, it wouldn't surprise me if they just decide to let us go to court and hope for the best. 

Edited by Captain Canada

6 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Retaining funds wouldn't have helped as the bulk of the cash had already been paid out. However the £28M that's due in August - they could REALLY help the desperate clubs out with that. 

Point taken but they had £7 million in the bank until they paid it out this week. Surely they could have deferred some of that until August when the big payment came in and kept SOME back for rescue loans of a some sort. That would rely on big clubs actually giving a shit about wee clubs and agreeing something for the greater good though I suppose.

Edited by JimmyCant

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’ve not seen that but it sounds like a completely different kind of training? Training for a footballer is the biggest and most normal part of their working week, they get paid for it.  It’s part of their contract and they spend a lot more of their time training than they do playing football matches.

iirc Cormack said that they’d taken legal advice on this when he was on Sportsound last month and they wouldn’t be able to furlough players because they would be giving them training programmes to do which constitutes work.  

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Aside from furlough ending I thought training and development was allowed. Accept I could be wrong with that.

Edit: not conclusive but this article says they probably can train.

https://ai-law.co.uk/covid-19-footballers-and-furlough-leave/

You posted before my edit. An interesting viewpoint imo.

12 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

It's pretty clear we can take the SPFL to court. Doncaster has already said he doesn't want us to pursue legal action as it will impact on the member clubs. 

I really hope common sense prevails so we don't have to go down that route, but most clubs are so focused on their short term financial position, it wouldn't surprise me if they just decide to let us go to court and hope for the best. 

Hopefully along with Partick and Stranraer and anyone else who is unhappy with the regime. 

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Anyone want to have a peep at Jackson's latest, and give us the 411...?

Here you go mate:

Hearts could be pushed towards financial collapse as Championship rivals set to deliver devastating message to SPFL

A group of second-tier sides are preparing to tell the league's governing body they can't afford to start next season behind closed doors.

Hearts could be pushed to the brink of another financial collapse next week.

The shock news comes as a group of cash-strapped Championship rivals prepare to tell the SPFL they can’t afford to start next season behind closed doors.

Record Sport understands all 10 clubs from the second tier of the Scottish game will hold a crunch conference call on Monday to discuss plans to get the 2020-21 campaign up and running.

And at least three of them are already resigned to mothballing the division until fans are allowed to return to their grounds – with one proposal already on the table to freeze football until January and then stage a truncated 18-game season.

That will be the catalyst for Hearts to submit their reconstruction plan to the SPFL in the desperate hope Premiership clubs will agree to let the Jambos stay in an expanded top flight.

If the Hearts bid fails, they face up to seven months sitting idle in a mothballed Championship.

On Friday, Dunfermline announced a total of 17 players have been freed as they slash costs in an attempt to survive without matchday revenue until 2021.

And that’s a nightmare scenario for the relegated Tynecastle club and owner Ann Budge, who is now facing a fight to save her club from a second insolvency event – six years after hauling the Edinburgh giants out of administration.

Budge is still working on a plan for league reconstruction which she hopes will throw Hearts a lifeline back into the Premiership.

And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.

“There is a willingness to help them out of this hole. Scottish football can’t afford to sit back and do nothing if it means losing a club of this size.”

A Tynecastle source revealed on Friday night that Budge’s paper will go to clubs on Monday.

The source said: “Excellent progress has been made on the paper that is proposing an amended structure to help Scottish football through the challenges of the Covid pandemic.

“Ann has been consulting with clubs across all leagues, to understand their individual circumstances and continues to do so.

“These conversations take time but are vital in understanding the issues and challenges clubs face and refine the content of the paper.

“As such nothing will be issued until Monday, at the earliest.”

Record Sport also understands the Championship clubs expressed huge sympathy for Budge’s plight during an online meeting on Wednesday but see an expanded Premiership as their only hope.

One club chairman said: “We have to move into survival mode now. Playing the Championship behind closed doors is not viable and that is the majority view. The Premiership might be working towards a re-start in August but it simply doesn’t work for us.”

Tynecastle boss Daniel Stendel is sceptical the plan will work. He said: “Voting is complicated in Scotland and if there are only one or two votes against, it won’t go through. And as is usually the case in life, in the end, everyone looks after themselves.”

Morton are among a group of clubs who believe the division can begin behind closed doors and have been exploring the potential of raising cash from pay-per-view live streaming of matches.

But Dunfermline’s decision to cut Stevie Crawford’s squad to just a handful of players is a clear indication of the crisis about to engulf Scottish football’s second tier.

The East End Park club said: “All Scottish clubs now face uncertain times. As a consequence of this, we are afraid to announce our club will not be in a position to offer new contracts, at this time, to any of the players who are out of contract over the coming days.”

Queen of the South – with just three players under contract – are in favour of an extended shutdown and truncated campaign.

But, despite being relegated to League One, Partick Thistle are among a number of clubs in the lowest two tiers who would be able to cope financially with starting up behind closed doors.

Edited by Goodfella

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-could-pushed-towards-financial-22072970

Hearts could be pushed towards financial collapse as Championship rivals set to deliver devastating message to SPFL

A group of second-tier sides are preparing to tell the league's governing body they can't afford to start next season behind closed doors.

Hearts could be pushed to the brink of another financial collapse next week.

The shock news comes as a group of cash-strapped Championship rivals prepare to tell the SPFL they can’t afford to start next season behind closed doors.

Record Sport understands all 10 clubs from the second tier of the Scottish game will hold a crunch conference call on Monday to discuss plans to get the 2020-21 campaign up and running.

And at least three of them are already resigned to mothballing the division until fans are allowed to return to their grounds – with one proposal already on the table to freeze football until January and then stage a truncated 18-game season.

That will be the catalyst for Hearts to submit their reconstruction plan to the SPFL in the desperate hope Premiership clubs will agree to let the Jambos stay in an expanded top flight.

If the Hearts bid fails, they face up to seven months sitting idle in a mothballed Championship.

On Friday, Dunfermline announced a total of 17 players have been freed as they slash costs in an attempt to survive without matchday revenue until 2021.

And that’s a nightmare scenario for the relegated Tynecastle club and owner Ann Budge, who is now facing a fight to save her club from a second insolvency event – six years after hauling the Edinburgh giants out of administration.

Budge is still working on a plan for league reconstruction which she hopes will throw Hearts a lifeline back into the Premiership.

And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.

“There is a willingness to help them out of this hole. Scottish football can’t afford to sit back and do nothing if it means losing a club of this size.”

A Tynecastle source revealed on Friday night that Budge’s paper will go to clubs on Monday.

The source said: “Excellent progress has been made on the paper that is proposing an amended structure to help Scottish football through the challenges of the Covid pandemic.

“Ann has been consulting with clubs across all leagues, to understand their individual circumstances and continues to do so.

“These conversations take time but are vital in understanding the issues and challenges clubs face and refine the content of the paper.

“As such nothing will be issued until Monday, at the earliest.”

Record Sport also understands the Championship clubs expressed huge sympathy for Budge’s plight during an online meeting on Wednesday but see an expanded Premiership as their only hope.

One club chairman said: “We have to move into survival mode now. Playing the Championship behind closed doors is not viable and that is the majority view. The Premiership might be working towards a re-start in August but it simply doesn’t work for us.”

Tynecastle boss Daniel Stendel is sceptical the plan will work. He said: “Voting is complicated in Scotland and if there are only one or two votes against, it won’t go through. And as is usually the case in life, in the end, everyone looks after themselves.”

Morton are among a group of clubs who believe the division can begin behind closed doors and have been exploring the potential of raising cash from pay-per-view live streaming of matches.

But Dunfermline’s decision to cut Stevie Crawford’s squad to just a handful of players is a clear indication of the crisis about to engulf Scottish football’s second tier.

The East End Park club said: “All Scottish clubs now face uncertain times. As a consequence of this, we are afraid to announce our club will not be in a position to offer new contracts, at this time, to any of the players who are out of contract over the coming days.”

Queen of the South – with just three players under contract – are in favour of an extended shutdown and truncated campaign.

But, despite being relegated to League One, Partick Thistle are among a number of clubs in the lowest two tiers who would be able to cope financially with starting up behind closed doors.

annushorribilis III
15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Point taken but they had £7 million in the bank until they paid it out this week. Surely they could have deferred some of that until August when the big payment came in and kept SOME back for rescue loans of a some sort. That would rely on big clubs actually giving a shit about wee clubs and agreeing something for the greater good though I suppose.

Fair point but my conspiracy addled brain says that wouldn't have flown. The board wanted the season shutdown ASAP which is why they tied it to the distribution of funds. Holding back any funds might have delayed that process : and I don't think the board would have any authority to do so (would've needed another resolution ?) , hence more delay. 

Sooperstar

The Championship season should start at the same time as the Premiership i.e. when it is safe to do so. If clubs cannot fulfil fixtures then that is on them. You can't not play football because some teams have decided they can't afford it anymore.

The more that comes out the more I think reconstruction might just happen. I've been convinced there is no chance from the start, but it's just too mental to not do it.

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Seems incredible that due to 3 clubs saying playing the season will see us go under, could result in us going under. 

Can’t see it happening. We wouldn’t let it happen and we’ve proven that, but it just makes this whole farce even crazier.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
35 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Problem with JKB you can't chat over a beer.

Zoom call,  the way forward?

Ethan Hunt
4 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Because Sky says so.

Doncaster struggles to sell the league as it is.

Is the correct answer.

Neither the fans nor the players want to teams playing against each other four times a season in the league. Why do Sky pay absolute fortunes to the EPL despite having to televise games like Bournemouth v Southampton? Because, despite the pishier games, they have access to games involving the top six/eight clubs when they play against each other. That’s worth the money as there is real competition there. 

Why are Rangers and Celtic only seen as ‘big’ draws when it comes to televised football in Scotland? Because we have one of the most uncompetitive leagues in the world. Whose fault is that? Rangers and Celtics, with help from the various league organisations throughout the decades.

The last team to win the top league outside of Rangers and Celtic was Aberdeen in 1984-85 season, thirty five years ago!!! Pretty difficult to sell a two horse race to anybody, especially when that two horse race has been going on for decades.

annushorribilis III
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

So, to summarise...if Hearts go ta-ra...then expect virtually every club in the lower leagues...PLUS, the likes of St. Johnstone, Accies, St. Mirren and possibly Hibs, to go bye bye too. If WE can't survive...!

So...vote for reconstruction, or say goodnight.

My first & only thought on the matter. If Hearts can't survive this (I think we can) there will be virtually nothing left. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The Championship season should start at the same time as the Premiership i.e. when it is safe to do so. If clubs cannot fulfil fixtures then that is on them. You can't not play football because some teams have decided they can't afford it anymore.

The more that comes out the more I think reconstruction might just happen. I've been convinced there is no chance from the start, but it's just too mental to not do it.

Exactly, who are they to decide if there should be league games or not. Imagine any team in any league saying we can’t argued right play so you will need to postpone it until we do. Like everything rise surely it would need to go to vote anyway?!?!

I would love to understand in which parallel universe clubs think that they can say the equivalent of "it's ma ba, and I'm no playing" and not suffer consequences.

If clubs refuse to play when it is safe to do so, they should be thrown out of the SPFL immediately.

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

So, to summarise...if Hearts go ta-ra...then expect virtually every club in the lower leagues...PLUS, the likes of St. Johnstone, Accies, St. Mirren and possibly Hibs, to go bye bye too. If WE can't survive...!

So...vote for reconstruction, or say goodnight.

Looks like it. From the article (however much of Jackson you can trust I'm not sure) it would seem we have a stronger hand than before for reconstruction. The fear still for me is that 2 clubs could scupper it in Premier but surely, surely they can see the bigger picture of possible legal action crippling them.

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Is the correct answer.

Neither the fans nor the players want to teams playing against each other four times a season in the league. Why do Sky pay absolute fortunes to the EPL despite having to televise games like Bournemouth v Southampton? Because, despite the pishier games, they have access to games involving the top six/eight clubs when they play against each other. That’s worth the money as there is real competition there. 

Why are Rangers and Celtic only seen as ‘big’ draws when it comes to televised football in Scotland? Because we have one of the most uncompetitive leagues in the world. Whose fault is that? Rangers and Celtics, with help from the various league organisations throughout the decades.

The last team to win the top league outside of Rangers and Celtic was Aberdeen in 1984-85 season, thirty five years ago!!! Pretty difficult to sell a two horse race to anybody, especially when that two horse race has been going on for decades.

Of course, what the authorities should be doing is try to come up with a system that makes it more likely that someone else does win the title. Unfortunately, the 11-1 voting system is in place to make sure that any such system never gets off the ground.

Ive suggested this before but why cant they have one big league with all clubs in it for one season.  Then all the clubs will get money.  All the clubs would be playing for their position in the four leagues for the next season.  Games will be without crowds so play each game at a neutral  ground playing each team once.  It sounds crazy but is the whole point not supposed to be about protecting all clubs.?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm confident there's going to be Hearts at the end of this.

You can't stop teams from playing so long as it is safe to do so. 

The government may well have a part to play,  not financially but providing a bit of support in negotiations with tv companies. 

They indicated as such in England,  Scottish government need to get real  and not for sake of football,  all of us.

Pasquale for King

Jackson is so full of shit it’s bordering on slander. With the money we pump in through the FoH (300 new or improved pledges) new strip and ST on sale, and the possibility to use Clause 12 to suspend our major outlay, that’s already down with pay cuts and the furlough scheme, I just can’t see us struggling to the extent he seems to want us too. It seems the DR I trying to be even worse than the S@n. After last Sunday’s nonsense we should be banning this rag.

3 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

I would love to understand in which parallel universe clubs think that they can say the equivalent of "it's ma ba, and I'm no playing" and not suffer consequences.

If clubs refuse to play when it is safe to do so, they should be thrown out of the SPFL immediately.

Agreed and this needs to be nipped in the bud right now if reconstruction isn’t happening. Simply ask which of the 10 championship clubs will be in a position to play football come August. Those who say No can be excluded from the league and we go further down the leagues until we’ve got 10 who can play, even if you have to go as far as Kelty and Brora to get to 10.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Jackson is so full of shit it’s bordering on slander. With the money we pump in through the FoH (300 new or improved pledges) new strip and ST on sale, and the possibility to use Clause 12 to suspend our major outlay, that’s already down with pay cuts and the furlough scheme, I just can’t see us struggling to the extent he seems to want us too. It seems the DR I trying to be even worse than the S@n. After last Sunday’s nonsense we should be banning this rag.

There's also the possibility that Ann is laying it on thick,  as she should 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, B.S. said:

Ive suggested this before but why cant they have one big league with all clubs in it for one season.  Then all the clubs will get money.  All the clubs would be playing for their position in the four leagues for the next season.  Games will be without crowds so play each game at a neutral  ground playing each team once.  It sounds crazy but is the whole point not supposed to be about protecting all clubs.?

I actually like the sound of that, a bit of variety for everyone. Never going to happen as Sky want 4 hate fests and they would argue if one of them got Brechin at home and the other away, thus showing how ridiculous Scottish football really is.

Hearts1975
4 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Of course, what the authorities should be doing is try to come up with a system that makes it more likely that someone else does win the title. Unfortunately, the 11-1 voting system is in place to make sure that any such system never gets off the ground.

Is there any way that a proposal could be put forward by AB where no new members are added to the league and the prize money distribution could stay the same ?

meaning a 9-3 acceptance as opposed to an 11-1 acceptance for clubs in the premiership 

it looks unlikely and I can’t figure out how it would work personally but is there any chance this could happen meaning a better chance of it being voted through ? 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Whenever you see any of:

"XXX understands..."
"An insider says..."

"A source close to..."

"Someone familiar with..."

"Did not want to be named said..."
etc, etc

Immediately disregard the article as the slavering pish-soaked steaming jobby it is.

"Journalists" use these phrases so they can make shit up and sound like they are ITK without being done for slander because there is no-one able to disprove what they said someone else told them. 

SpruceBringsteen

I daresay I'm the only one who sees the article as absolutely cracking "news". 

We'll be in the Premiership next season, because mothballing the Championship would quadruple our compo. :greggy:

Keith Jackson :rofl:

Does anyone still take this ***** seriously? 

We will be fine. Ann has wealth off the radar! 

Bunny Munro
9 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Is there any way that a proposal could be put forward by AB where no new members are added to the league and the prize money distribution could stay the same ?

meaning a 9-3 acceptance as opposed to an 11-1 acceptance for clubs in the premiership 

it looks unlikely and I can’t figure out how it would work personally but is there any chance this could happen meaning a better chance of it being voted through ? 

Yes. Unfortunately it will throw a spanner in her narrative of 'no clubs should be disadvantaged' by not allowing promotions into League 2.

If she is shown to forget about thee clubs she'll lose the goodwill of more than 2 clubs I would think.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, trotter said:

Whenever you see any of:

"XXX understands..."
"An insider says..."

"A source close to..."

"Someone familiar with..."

"Did not want to be named said..."
etc, etc

Immediately disregard the article as the slavering pish-soaked steaming jobby it is.

"Journalists" use these phrases so they can make shit up and sound like they are ITK without being done for slander because there is no-one able to disprove what they said someone else told them. 

Indeed, it’s like a politician saying “I was speaking to a man the other day”, you know immediately it’s a lie.

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Problem with JKB you can't chat over a beer.

Zoom call,  the way forward?

Not the only problem with jkb mind!!!

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )