SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Heartsofgold
19 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

Unfortunately I think the only thing saving us would be league reconstruction. But unfortunately the a-holes Incharge make TV deals around a guaranteed 4 old firm games a season. Any extra teams would scupper this, and therefore the expanded league which would better just won't happen.

Complete nonsense if we get relegated, we might have been poor, but I still believed we could stay up. I hope the club fight this all the way!

It won't be 'scuppered' if a 14 team league splits after 26 games (every team, home & away once) then the 2 mini leagues play each other home and away after the split.  This give 38 games, so no less than now.  Let's be honest the 2 arse cheeks will still be in the top 7 so still got 4 violence inducing shitfests for the TV channels to pontificate over.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

We need two other clubs from our league to join us and the huns to vote with us if my understanding is right.

Just now, Section Q said:

We need two other clubs from our league to join us and the huns to vote with us if my understanding is right.

Yes

Said before this is about Timmy getting every trophy and dime they want, and if we get caught in the crossfire all the better.

Shut our game down if we are papped out like this. I couldn't give a **** how poor we've been either or how much we 'deserve' it.

Void the league, split the cash twelve way's and start again once it's fine to do so.

All this for Celtics umpteenth title in a one horse race.

:cornette:

Edited by Jee

1 minute ago, WalterEgo said:

This from the BBC two days ago:

'One of the major problems with null and void is the potential legal and, ultimately, financial implications. If you declare something void, you are essentially saying it didn't happen.

This is the scenario where sponsors and broadcasters are most likely to come looking for money back. The SPFL wants to avoid that at all costs.'

I don't get the difference. Why wouldn't the sponsors and broadcasters want money back if the league is shortened?

BT will get money back. the new deal with SKY is worth double though. 

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

The Hibs fans seem to think they will vote No and Aberdeen might as well.  Don't think anyone else will though.

This was never about fairness.  A vote based on Doncaster's proposal was always going o get a 10/2 vote from Premiership clubs purely based on self preservation.  If all, bar Hearts and Sevco vote for it then damn them all.  I can accept relegation based on the season's poor results but not by means of a stitch-up.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I know I was just having a wee dig at a poster who has sly digs at us , 

Sorry, I only found it out yesterday and thought I would throw it there so others would know.

Just now, Tasavallan said:

This was never about fairness.  A vote based on Doncaster's proposal was always going o get a 10/2 vote from Premiership clubs purely based on self preservation.  If all, bar Hearts and Sevco vote for it then damn them all.  I can accept relegation based on the season's poor results but not by means of a stitch-up.

Exactly. Doncaster isn't fit to lead the nations governing body and the quicker the chairmen realise this the better. I honestly don't understand what value he brings to justify his circa £200k salary. Could probably get someone far more ambitious for half that. 

To put up such an obviously bent proposal and then ask for a vote on it for the illusion of democracy is laughable. The man is a chicken hearted spineless coward. 

David McCaig
Just now, EIEIO said:

What happens if any of the lower leagues vote against this first? Will premiership vote happen?

I think if one division votes against it, it all falls.

League 1 was the most likely league to vote against, so for voting purposes they have been inexplicably merged with League 2!!!

Weakened Offender
18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:cornette_dog:

Another person who doesn't see the conflict of interest and attempt to make the rules up to fit their self-interest.

The rules are you get relegated if you complete your fixtures and are bottom or finish second bottom and lose the play-off.  We have done neither.

It's because there's a global pandemic, pal. People are dying in atrocious numbers/conditions. There will no football for quite some time. 

If another club was in our position, you wouldn't be remotely interested. Pitiful behaviour. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

It's because there's a global pandemic, pal. People are dying in atrocious numbers/conditions. There will no football for quite some time. 

If another club was in our position, you wouldn't be remotely interested. Pitiful behaviour. 

So because there is a pandemic, Doncaster gets carte blanche? Awesome logic.

Weakened Offender
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So because there is a pandemic, Doncaster gets carte blanche? Awesome logic.

Pathetic. Your norm. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Pathetic. Your norm. 

Not as pathetic as you bending over and taking it dry.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Exactly. Doncaster isn't fit to lead the nations governing body and the quicker the chairmen realise this the better. I honestly don't understand what value he brings to justify his circa £200k salary. Could probably get someone far more ambitious for half that. 

To put up such an obviously bent proposal and then ask for a vote on it for the illusion of democracy is laughable. The man is a chicken hearted spineless coward. 

Indeed, did Barry Hearn not say he wouldve sacked him and Regan for not getting a sponsor for two years when they invited him up to talk at a meeting. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

What happens if any of the lower leagues vote against this first? Will premiership vote happen?

Hopefully that’s it dead in the water as it stands and will need to be changed.

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I think if one division votes against it, it all falls.

League 1 was the most likely league to vote against, so for voting purposes they have been inexplicably merged with League 2!!!

That could form the basis for a legal challenge on its own.

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, WalterEgo said:

This from the BBC two days ago:

'One of the major problems with null and void is the potential legal and, ultimately, financial implications. If you declare something void, you are essentially saying it didn't happen.

This is the scenario where sponsors and broadcasters are most likely to come looking for money back. The SPFL wants to avoid that at all costs.'

I don't get the difference. Why wouldn't the sponsors and broadcasters want money back if the league is shortened?

I’ve been saying this all along, sounds like bullshit and scaremongering from the SPFL.  Do we have a shred of evidence that sponsors and broadcasters would treat the two scenarios any differently?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Hectormasson
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, did Barry Hearn not say he wouldve sacked him and Regan for not getting a sponsor for two years when they invited him up to talk at a meeting. 

Pair of absolute helmets !!!

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:lol:

14 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Pitiful not to fight your corner. 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’ve been saying this all along, sounds like bullshit and scaremongering from the SPFL.  Do we have a shred of evidence that sponsors and broadcasters would treat the two scenarios any differently?

So broadcaster would hand back everyone’s subscription and return all the revenue they had accrued from advertisers.

Its been clear from the start that Celtic are pulling the SPFLs strings.  All they are interested in is awarding Celtic the title... screw everyone else!!

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

yeah, ****ing ashamed at the number of bitches in our support happy to be shafted.. 

21 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

It won't be 'scuppered' if a 14 team league splits after 26 games (every team, home & away once) then the 2 mini leagues play each other home and away after the split.  This give 38 games, so no less than now.  Let's be honest the 2 arse cheeks will still be in the top 7 so still got 4 violence inducing shitfests for the TV channels to pontificate over.

But it also gives the bottom seven at least 1 less Rangers or Celtic home game.

St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock now give them 3/4 of their grounds.  Motherwell built a stand specifically to house more of their fans.

Other teams including Celtic Rangers don't want to share income about.

IMO Rangers preference is to play season out or declare null and void.

David McCaig
16 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Hearts pursuing an equitable outcome has no impact whatsoever on the fight against the pandemic... unless I missed the bit where we are insisting on our hearing being heard at the SEC (once we get rid of the beds) in front of a jury of 15000 medical staff!!!

42 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

So what are the material differences in those seats?

Usually leather.

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

But it also gives the bottom seven at least 1 less Rangers or Celtic home game.

St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock now give them 3/4 of their grounds.  Motherwell built a stand specifically to house more of their fans.

Other teams including Celtic Rangers don't want to share income about.

IMO Rangers preference is to play season out or declare null and void.

Probably the main barriers to Reconstruction.

22 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

58000 posts... wow.  quality input. 

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Further, Sponsors have had the benefit of 3/4 of the season with their brand already promoted by the league.

Irrespective of where we are now, they can't say that didn't happen.

The most they could ask for is a rebate of sorts.

Broadcasters are much the same. They still got their dosh from Sky Sports and BT Sport subscribers.

What would they intend to do if they got a full refund like ?, give us all our subs back for the entire season ??

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Hearts pursuing an equitable outcome has no impact whatsoever on the fight against the pandemic... unless I missed the bit where we are insisting on our hearing being heard at the SEC (once we get rid of the beds) in front of a jury of 15000 medical staff!!!

Precisely.  He is spouting absolute nonsense reasoning.  Next he will use the Chewbacca defence to justify the SPFL.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, RonnieG said:

58000 posts... wow.  quality input. 

Kickback has existed for quite some time. I'll be sure to take no more notice of your trolling pish of the past couple of weeks.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Kickback has existed for quite some time. I'll be sure to take no more notice of your trolling pish of the past couple of weeks.

Surprised that such rudeness is actually allowed on the forum tbh.  No need to talk to people like that. 

League reconstruction would be far easier for all...end the league and split the prize money based on current position there is more to life than football. I would then have two divisions of 24 including some lowland teams in the bottom division and scrap promotion.

the problem is everyone’s idea is flawed in some way so people will be unhappy regardless.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

League reconstruction would be far easier for all...end the league and split the prize money based on current position there is more to life than football. I would then have two divisions of 24 including some lowland teams in the bottom division and scrap promotion.

the problem is everyone’s idea is flawed in some way so people will be unhappy regardless.

Reconstruction isn’t happening.  If it was clubs would be voting on it as part of these proposals.

Just now, Jambos1983 said:

More surprising is allowing hibs fans to troll on this forum. Do we have mods anymore?

I;m not a Hibs fan.  Ive not been trolling. I've tried to state some facts rather than just ramblings like others.  the admin of a forum should expect people to at least be polite to each other. 

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Reconstruction isn’t happening.  If it was clubs would be voting on it as part of these proposals.

Its all about the cash ££££ and self preservation.  Conflicts of interest and sporting integrity clearly don't count with this bunch.

Edited by frankblack

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Just saying it would be better for everyone involved. Clubs are voting purely on the basis of money only hence why the national team has stood still for years. 
I wonder if Celtic fans will truly accept winning the league by default when it is essentially tainted albeit like a lot of Sevcos 90/2000 titles 

6 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Surprised that such rudeness is actually allowed on the forum tbh.  No need to talk to people like that. 

Hibs still have a lot to answer.

Child abuse scandal included. 

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Less need for you to be on a Hearts fan site.

The more I think about this, the more ridiculous it is. What’s the point in a vote whereby every member club will purely vote for their own interests? 

Seen it suggested elsewhere but why not pay out the bottom place club payment across the board to all teams now, then make up the difference to each team once the season has been completed. There is really no point in finishing the season without playing all competitions to a close including Scottish Cup, what’s happening with that? These proposals leave more questions than answers. 

Reconstruction is a non starter as it doesn’t suit the old firm. 

Finish the season whenever possible then if the league cup and winter break etc need scrapped next year then do it. 

The solution is a total cop out and screams of, well you can’t complain as it’s now been voted for by the clubs so deal with it. 

Edited by Mort

As has been suggested if they money is there to be paid then pay teams the minimum they are guaranteed to make. Ie us 12 place, Hamilton and St Mirren 12th place. Celtic 2nd place etc.

Nobkdy gets anything they haven't earned and it buys us some time. The left over funds can be allocated appropriately upon a fairer conclusion.

9 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

I;m not a Hibs fan.  Ive not been trolling. I've tried to state some facts rather than just ramblings like others.  the admin of a forum should expect people to at least be polite to each other. 

If you think it's bad here, you should have a look sometime at any of the rangers forums.

( Very very rarely in my circumstances, and only out of curiosity or for a laugh)

XXX rated stuff on there.

Edited by Busby8

9 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

You are and you have. Get a life

7 minutes ago, Mort said:

The more I think about this, the more ridiculous it is. What’s the point in a vote whereby every member club will purely vote for their own interests? 

Seen it suggested elsewhere but why not pay out the bottom place club payment across the board to all teams now, then make up the difference to each team once the season has been completed. There is really no point in finishing the season without playing all competitions to a close including Scottish Cup, what’s happening with that? These proposals leave more questions than answers. 

Finish the season whenever possible then if the league cup and winter break etc need scrapped next year then do it. 

The solution is a total cop out and screams of, well you can’t complain as it’s now been voted for by the clubs so deal with it. 

Not sure they can just scrap the League and potentially the Scottish Cup and contracts for sponsorship have already been signed.

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, Mort said:

I’m also struggling to understand why the voting threshold has been changed in the Premier League.

For me any legal challenge would centre on the fact that scrapping the play-offs from the Premier League is a form of reconstruction and should therefore be subject to the 11-1 voting rules.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The idea that this is watertight is nonsense. Therefore, a judicial review is the minimum we should seek.

In our eyes Geoff but thats what lawyers are for.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )