SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Austin MacGlee
22 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yes but would AB voting with Hibs stop you buying a season ticket ( assuming that you do already )?

It would make me make the threat. I always renew in spite of whatever else happens though.

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

167. In the event of any conflict between these Articles and the Rules and/or Regulations, unless specifically stated in these Articles, the provisions of these Articles shall prevail.

I like this one, that basically means that it only take one club to disagree and there is conflict, hence they can;t change them, as their own riles say "these Articles shall prevail.". 

16 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Thanks for this, do we know what the reserved matters in articles 62 and 63 are?

62.1 Expulsion of a club from league 

62.2 Winding up SPFL 

62.3 Changing share capital of SPFL 

62.4 Changes to articles 

62.5 Expansion of league by admission of new members (except through Play Offs)

62.6 Alteration in number of members of league (except member ceasing to be member in accordance with Rules / Articles)

62.7 Share issue

63.1 Commercial contracts

63.2 Limited Commercial Contract

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

I fail to understand why the season can't be called as completed now, with all clubs at the top of their leagues declared champions. A change to the rules, stating there will be no promotion or relegation this season only, could be introduced. After all if rules can be changed during a season to cancel play-offs for promotion and relegation, then surely they can equally be changed to cancel all promotion and relegation. Indeed apparently they can be changed to end the season 8 games short.

In respect of fairness is it really any fairer to deny the right of a club currently bottom of the league, but with 24 points still to be played for, to remain in their current league, than it is to offer the right to another club of entry into a higher league before they have mathematically achieved it. I have seen some speculation about compensation being offered for those affected in order to soften the blow. If that is indeed the case then again why should it not be offered to a club which had been denied something they were striving for rather than to another club who were being forced out of a league before it had been concluded.

Finally, I am astonished (not really given who we are dealing with here) that a management team tasked with operating our league structure, are offering only one alternative to vote for. It is a case of take it or leave it from them, thus demonstrating a monumental failure of duty to look at a variety of options and put forward realistic alternatives for the clubs to vote on. There cannot be another business, probably other than the SFA who are so out of their depth in managing an organisation that the only way they can see is the line of least resistance, and one which is beneficial to the vast majority of the board members. Incidentally I have been on a bowling club committee and I can assure you the one I served on was hugely more pragmatic, organised and better represented our members than this shower do.

Spot on.

34 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

You would think that surely they must have and Sky made their position crystal clear with no room for manoeuvre

then again it is Doncaster we are talking about here 

Clearly never done that with the league cup semi final farce.

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

The Hibs fans seem to think they will vote No and Aberdeen might as well.  Don't think anyone else will though.

Would be nice a gesture by our inbred neighbours if they voted with us.....👍

A_A wehatethehibs

I’m still scratching my head over this, I can’t see any downside to calling the prize money as is, with no relegation and emergency temporary restructure.

Literally, everyone is a winner and nobody loses out. Every premier team ends up getting an extra 3 or 4 home games worth of revenue. Leagues below, not much impact. 

Configure the leagues to reset to

their normal format the following season. 

50 minutes ago, Rods said:

The SPL should be telling SKY were to go if they say anything.

They should realise they are lucky to have us as viewers not the other way around. 

This wont happen as we have a buffoon in charge who has already messed up one opportunity to make Scottish Football better for us all.

Yeah, sky will be falling over themselves to keep the 40-50 thousand viewers for non-old firm games, the majority of which will keep Sky Sports to watch the EPL anyway 

15 minutes ago, H2 said:

My logic - There must be a contract between the SPFL and each club, the contract I would expect to say that the league consists of 38 games , with all the rules for promotion and relegation. If the SPFL do not adhere to that contract they are in breach, they can't the rules when the competition is running to the detriment of any party.

There are other good solutions, like finish this season when it is safe to do so and adjust the rules for less games next season. - I guess that's a bit like rocket science for the SPFL though.

I think the weakness in the 'end the season now' argument is absolutely nobody knows when football can resume. Uefa and the major European leagues want this season to be resumed. Say football isn't allowed to restart until 2021, are we going to have a 4 month season and give Celtic another tainted, truncated title. The powers that be are being railroaded down a particular route by Lawell, and this will become obvious if things aren't back to normal by August.

13 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

H1b5 can GTF. I dont want their help. They'd never STFU about it.

Thanks Hibs we love you. 

3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I've normally got some time for Chris Sutton, but he has let himself down hugely by joining in the narrative from Celtic, which has always been all about them not getting the league title, when people are dying. 

Why can't they all wait until these deaths stop before crying about whether they are getting a title or not? The same goes for the SPFL, which seems to being pushed by Celtic into trying to bribe cash strapped clubs into making them champions now.

It's shameful, and once again the Scottish press is silent.

He was talking about Scottish football on five live football show last night.  Part of it was tongue in cheek. 

8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’m still scratching my head over this, I can’t see any downside to calling the prize money as is, with no relegation and emergency temporary restructure.

Literally, everyone is a winner and nobody loses out. Every premier team ends up getting an extra 3 or 4 home games worth of revenue. Leagues below, not much impact. 

Configure the leagues to reset to

their normal format the following season. 

Unless we're at the bottom again next year. 

I reckon Hibs will vote no.

They'll take a pragmatic approach, as opposed to the hate fuelled rantings of that bawbag support, and make a prudent decision based on finance etc.

If Leeann or Ron have ever glanced at .nut they'll know fine well how emotionally demented that shower is.

Had a wee look myself and it's jaw dropping stuff: Hearts are, apparently, cheaters and morally bankrupt for not just accepting our "deserved" relegation and thinking only of ourselves. ICT, Dundee have as much right to be in the top flight as us and, of course, we've already diddled Dundee out the Premier in 2013 by deliberately delaying administration. The moral outrage is even more astonishing if you consider that Dundee have twice entered admin. An act that is so reviled by the holy Hibee.

Hibs FC doing the right thing and pissing off the scuttling lowlife on .nut would, indeed, be pleasing.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Unless we're at the bottom again next year. 

Yes but at least it means our wonder team can get relegated fair and square ! 

132goals1958
1 hour ago, Rods said:

The SPL should be telling SKY were to go if they say anything.

They should realise they are lucky to have us as viewers not the other way around. 

This wont happen as we have a buffoon in charge who has already messed up one opportunity to make Scottish Football better for us all.

I wonder if there is any other competition outwith Scotland where a TV company effectively dictates a set number of fixtures between 2 clubs.

Pasquale for King

The EFL have shown them how to do it, no training until May 16th at the earliest, 56 days to finish the season AND playoffs, games behind closed doors if need be and when possible. 
I think any court case will show what could’ve been done, how there wasn’t enough consultation and his some rules are overlooked whilst others are strictly upheld, how other countries have dealt with it and why it was so rushed when money could be released if they wanted to.

Edited by Pasquale for King

If it passes then those of us who give the clowns who voted for it money should stop doing so. I don't go to away games so it'll make no difference to me. 

I'll renew my ST and be sitting where I always am regardless of the league we're in. If Hibs were in our position I'm not sure I'd want them down because you'd just have to listen to them f'n whining about the injustice of it all. Forever.

In the end I think, as always the powers that be will do what they're telt by the arse cheeks. If the arse cheeks aren't in sync they'll do what Celtic tell them

Kidd’s Boots

I believe that the Board of the SPFL might be creating a loophole by putting this forward as a Resolution. In my opinion, this is a Special Resolution that should only be valid for this season. By putting forward a resolution, and let’s for a minute only surmise that it is passed, they then have a precedent for any future time that heaven forbid this virus comes back. Each member has to step back who isn’t affected this time and think ‘ there but for the grace of god’, and put their business heads on. If this was put forward as a Special Resolution, I’d imagine that the voting requirements would be more stringent, not 75% as currently stands. I’ve had a look in the Powers if the SPFL and can’t see anything specific about this, but maybe someone else has more info. And for what it’s worth, every team who either benefits from title awarded or punished through relegation should have an asterisk against it for the record books, as AB says it has to be equitable!

Edited by Kidd’s Boots

21 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I think the weakness in the 'end the season now' argument is absolutely nobody knows when football can resume. Uefa and the major European leagues want this season to be resumed. Say football isn't allowed to restart until 2021, are we going to have a 4 month season and give Celtic another tainted, truncated title. The powers that be are being railroaded down a particular route by Lawell, and this will become obvious if things aren't back to normal by August.

I believe you are correct.

Clerry Jambo

Had to laugh at this from the Lochenders: 

Secondly- imagine young kids at school wondering what team to support. If hearts are championship and hibs are premier league then we may win hundreds of new fans. Also applies to the many new residents of Edinburgh. Potential for bigger fan base.

There are many positives form Hearts demise that I won’t list but we would have the opportunity to become the undoubted dominate club in Edinburgh. 

As far as I’m concerned there is only one option, vote yes and send them down.

———————————————

will these fuds never learn 

tolcross lad
10 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Pretty bland article and doesn’t really tackle the issue of resolution without detriment. Also no explanation of why voting threshold in the Premier League has been lowered.

Its useful for folk like me who are trying  to understand this situation.

English does not see a resolution.There will be winners and losers.Its not about fairness or sporting integrity.

He makes the point that its about releasing money to the clubs and clearing the ground for the new Sky deal.

English attempts to give a realistic breakdown on how the leagues are likely to vote.He does not tackle the change in the voting structure

For what its worth I am not in the" lets just accept it "camp but it seems to me that Ann Budge is not going to mount a legal challenge and she is trying to do some horsetrading and politicking.English seems to think it will not work.He is a good journalist and has an ear to the ground. 

Batistuta87

Hibs will drop down a place in the league and lose out on c.£125k in prize money if they vote to conclude the season. I would say its in their best interests to vote against the proposal. They will also miss out on revenue from a minimum of two guaranteed sell-outs against Hearts next season and any other that we're not in the same league. 

If the vote goes against us then I won't hold it against anyone who has acted in their best interests, but I also fully expect us and Rangers to fight tooth and nail to challenge it to protect our interests.

What will be will be though. If after everything we do end up in the Championship it won't change anything for me. I'll still turn up to support my team - I'll still buy a season ticket and I'll still go to any away games that I can.

There's no point in holding grudges. It's only football, and we'll be back.

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, everton_jambo said:

You would think that surely they must have and Sky made their position crystal clear with no room for manoeuvre

then again it is Doncaster we are talking about here 

Tom English reported last night Sky have asked for the new season, with the exclusive rights to Scottish football to begin as close to August as possible.  I don’t think they would be up for BT showing the remainder of the season in August/September when they’ve paid £160m to show the rights exclusively and everyone will be desperate to watch football again. 

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Secondly- imagine young kids at school wondering what team to support. If hearts are championship and hibs are premier league then we may win hundreds of new fans. Also applies to the many new residents of Edinburgh. Potential for bigger fan base.

There are many positives form Hearts demise that I won’t list but we would have the opportunity to become the undoubted dominate club in Edinburgh. 

———————————————

No. They won't

GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

———————————————

Even when we’re shite we pump them rotten 😄

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The EFL have shown them how to do it, no training until May 16th at the earliest, 56 days to finish the season AND playoffs, games behind closed doors if need be and when possible. 
I think any court case will show what could’ve been done, how there wasn’t enough consultation and his some rules are overlooked whilst others are strictly upheld, how other countries have dealt with it and why it was so rushed when money could be released if they wanted to.

The Premier League might decide to do the same, playing games behind closed doors for the lower leagues (which tomorrow’s vote is on ending their season) would financially cripple them. They will want the season ended big time. 

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Helps opponents of SPFL plan

EFL plan here

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

10 in a row is a dead duck. It's probably around 9.82 in a row but I'm no mathematician. 

Stick that up yer hoops, ya shower of paraffin lamps. 

Hopefully the Huns pick up on this, mind you they are as dense as the other lot.

How does that help us ? 

Footballfirst

A poster on the SFM Blog has posted the following as an account of the video conference held between the SFA, SPFL and the clubs. I've no reason to believe that the poster hasn't provided an accurate account of what went on.

Hope this is of benefit to some. I received it last night but felt unwilling to post until I spoke to my friend (who sent me this) direct. I spoke to him this morning and he said fine so here goes …… 

"Presentations were given by a number of people".
Maxwell SFA.

UEFA told SFA they were looking at a couple of options
Restarting European fixtures early June and domestic leagues later in June
Looking at late June restart with European fixtures in July
The issue with UEFA is that if they do not finish the CL then the pay-back fees are massive.
UEFA have explicitly requested that no decision is made on Top league until after UEFA meeting on 23rd June.

I think this is what has prompted the begging bowl from Rangers

Docaster SPFL
Focused on TV deals.
BetFred deal with Premier Sports begins July.
Sky Sports begins August.
Letter from Govt to SFA saying NHS on emergency until 10th June.
Player's should not train together before this time.
Given teams have recently said it would require 6 weeks to be prepared then this would see season resume late July, early August. Not a viable option.
UEFA have no control over player contracts and this lies with club/player/employment law. Though UEFA acknowledge windows need to change.

Priority is to start new season on time.

As above discussed average points. Hibs would move to 7 and St Johnstone to 6

Any resolution needs 75% of vote in each league (9/12 in SPL)

Summary is that top league will give the power to SPFL to call the league after UEFA meeting on 23rd of June.

Restructuring came up but would be difficult.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

SKY can ask for the keys to the Bank of England vault. Doesn't mean the Government are going to give a **** what they want about that either! :lol:

Doncaster is only concerned with his 'deal'. Think all 42 clubs have no illusions about him supposedly doing what's in the best interests of sporting integrity in Scottish football.

Sky have £160m over us though, nothing over the Bank of England.  They pull the deal the whole of Scottish football is down the pan.  As much as I don’t like Doncaster he’s only really a mouthpiece for the clubs and speaks usually for the majority or what the old firm want. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

EFL plan here

Thanks, my phone won’t let me put links up.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

A poster on the SFM Blog has posted the following as an account of the video conference held between the SFA, SPFL and the clubs. I've no reason to believe that the poster hasn't provided an accurate account of what went on.

All of that makes complete sense.  Plenty time in between the vote tomorrow and the UEFA date to change things for the better.   Ending the season just now is only for the lower leagues for the considerable.  It actually seems to me they could work towards playing behind closed doors with the deadline towards this happening the UEFA date. 

Footballfirst

The EFL letter in full

Dear Colleague, 

COVID-19 – Board Update 

I trust you are keeping well in what are increasingly strange and testing circumstances. 

As you are aware, the EFL Board is committed to focusing fully on the EFL’s response to the coronavirus crisis and held its weekly meeting again today to consider a number of financial and operational matters affecting the League and its members. 

I know this has been said, but I do believe it is important to reiterate that our primary objective remains to conclude the 2019/20 season when it is safe to resume playing and the options for a return are being kept under constant review. 

As confirmed last Friday (3 April), EFL matches are currently postponed indefinitely and the EFL Board today determined that, to provide a level of certainty, Clubs should be advised not to recommence any training activity with players until 16 May at the earliest. 

Whenever the decision is taken that is safe to resume, we currently estimate that the League will require approximately 56 days to complete the outstanding matches in the season (including Play-Offs) and we are committed to ensuring that Clubs are provided an appropriate notice period to ensure you are able to prepare operationally given the scale and impact of the postponements in place. 

How and when we return (including training) is clearly subject to change and any decisions will be taken in conjunction with the Government and relevant health authorities. Clearly, we are in a position whereby the 2019/20 campaign will be extended, but still remain hopeful of a conclusion in the summer months. The EFL Board is currently working on the basis that the end-of-season Play-Offs will take place across all three divisions as normal with two-legged Semi-Finals and a Final, although no decision has been taken on the likely venue as it will depend on the circumstances at play at the time. 

It is our working assumption at this stage that matches will be played behind closed doors when we eventually return and as part of our contingency planning we are absolutely mindful of the need to try and mitigate the cost of this to Clubs as best we can. As time goes on, we will provide more information in respect of our thoughts around this scenario. 

With the continuing unpredictability around dates in mind, and the challenges we continue to face in respect of scheduling, the conclusion of the 2019/20 season and the commencement of the 2020/21 campaign, it is the view of the EFL Board that Clubs should consider their obligations to players in respect of annual leave and suggest those not currently furloughed be instructed to take time off, if they haven’t as yet done so. A further communication will be issued on this subject, alongside a summary on current player registration and contract matters by the close of play on Thursday. 

In addition to the key operational issues, the Board discussed at significant length two areas that have been much discussed of late, Premier League support and PFA negotiations. In respect of the Premier League’s decision to advance £125m of funds to both the EFL and the National League, the EFL Board has taken the decision to put on hold the forwarding of advanced monies while additional clarity is sought on other financial matters, particularly in respect to player wages. I realise this is a pressing matter but, given the fact that these monies are earmarked for use in 2020/21, consideration is needed as to when is the best time to do so and therefore this will be discussed with Clubs when they meet on Thursday. In addition, the formal discussions with the PFA are set to continue and I plan to have further conversations with PFA Chair Gordon Taylor ahead of tomorrow’s Club meetings in order to ensure I am able to appraise everyone of the very latest position at this time. In the context of these conversations and the broader solutions, it does remain important that we continue to focus on the short and medium term goals and achieving a solution for April payroll has to be the priority at present though, understandably, our aim is to provide Clubs clarity for planning purposes beyond this as quickly as possible.   

Looking more long-term, the EFL must remain mindful of the implications that the extension of this season may have on the commencement of the 2020/21 campaign, although we will ensure there is a suitable break between the two, so as to allow Clubs and staff sufficient time to regroup and prepare accordingly. 

I think there will be a sigh of relief as and when we reach that point, and what is clear right now is that COVID-19 continues to present hugely challenging and uncertain times for everyone, and our thoughts are with all those directly affected by the pandemic. 

It is inevitable that the game takes a back seat as the country tackles the challenges posed by the outbreak, and I would like to place on record my thanks to all Clubs for their efforts in using their platforms to provide great resource and support to notable causes in their local communities, and long may that continue. Many families are coming to terms with the tragic loss of life of loved ones as the virus continues to take innocent lives and the thoughts of the League remain firmly focused on those affected in such circumstances. 

The EFL, like all Clubs, is having to make many difficult decisions, but we remain fully committed to supporting the Government’s efforts, and decisions taken in respect of the League and its Clubs are done so to mitigate and manage the impact of the pandemic in line with the latest guidance provided by the relevant authorities. 

If I may digress from COVID-19 matters for a moment, it is with regret and sadness that I must report that the League was saddened today to hear of the passing of Ian Stott, who was a much-respected figure within the game, and I’m sure many people will have fond memories of Ian for the impact he made as a former Chairman at Oldham Athletic and Football League Board member. 

Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time, as they are too with those close to Barry Hearn, who is recovering at home after suffering a heart attack. 

We are all committed to getting back to playing the game we love - but only when it is safe to do so, and thank everyone for their patience and understanding at this time. 

Stay safe. 

Yours sincerely, 
Rick Parry
EFL Chairman 

Edited by Footballfirst

Hagar the Horrible
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

EFL plan here

But it also states that they need 5/6 weeks of training before competative football will begin, and closed doors wont be allowed as there is no way on gods green earth Liverpool fans wont turn out en-mass at Anfield to celebrate their 1st league win in 30 years.  Its unlikely regardless what the league says as police will overrule that

7 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

But it also states that they need 5/6 weeks of training before competative football will begin, and closed doors wont be allowed as there is no way on gods green earth Liverpool fans wont turn out en-mass at Anfield to celebrate their 1st league win in 30 years.  Its unlikely regardless what the league says as police will overrule that

EFL don't cover Liverpool 

Managing crowds will be a factor though. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

SKY won't walk away from the deal. It's scare-mongering at its base level on both sides. Especially when there's £8million sitting in just the SPFL's account alone right now that can be distributed for teams in dire need. If SKY want it that badly, then they can pay for an individual test for Covid-19.

Let's say 24 in a squad × 42 teams =1008

Let's say 15 backroom staff x 42 (est avg.) = 630. Then the referees and assistants. Probably a shade under 2000 kits/tests. Now, assume they are ALL fit and healthy. 

Then why should football take precedence over front-line NHS, emergency services and care workers? Because people are bored on a Saturday? Nah.

If Scottish football takes the hit and some fall down the cracks due to financial ****wittery, and years of self-serving gerrymadering behind the scenes, now exacerbated by this current situation...then so be it. Call their bluff. SKY pull out on deals, they lose customers all over the place. Then BT, RT or Iranian TV will come straight back in. Might be lower, but they would. Because the market is there. Therefore the profit.

If lockdown is getting relaxed by mid May its credible sport behind closed doors could be allowed. 

31 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Hibs will drop down a place in the league and lose out on c.£125k in prize money if they vote to conclude the season. I would say its in their best interests to vote against the proposal. They will also miss out on revenue from a minimum of two guaranteed sell-outs against Hearts next season and any other that we're not in the same league. 

If the vote goes against us then I won't hold it against anyone who has acted in their best interests, but I also fully expect us and Rangers to fight tooth and nail to challenge it to protect our interests.

What will be will be though. If after everything we do end up in the Championship it won't change anything for me. I'll still turn up to support my team - I'll still buy a season ticket and I'll still go to any away games that I can.

There's no point in holding grudges. It's only football, and we'll be back.

I agree with you up to the point about away games. 

In this scenario Hearts are going to be hit hard financially. 

Much better to donate the cost of the away ticket to FOH. 

I don't expect too many to follow this approach as let's face most of the guys who travel away do it for the booze and jollies. Following Hearts is a sideshow to them. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

How? Who is going to pay for/supply tests? Has anyone given the slightest indication as to how they plan to protect the players yet? And again, why should sportsmen (in this case football) be given priority over the examples I've said, or even more so, the general public?

The tests won't be rolled out on a decent large scale until late Summer going by Government mumblings. Just let football get on with it and hope they don't get it and infect the squad? What then...league's off again as Kilmarnock can't complete their fixtures due to 7 players coming down with it and the rest of them self-isolating? 

Same for any relaxation of lockdown eg opening shops, pubs. 

UK is saying  more testing will be available. But UK has been okay not testing people so far. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If lockdown is getting relaxed by mid May its credible sport behind closed doors could be allowed. 

Any initial relaxation of the laws won't happen until they have very few new cases admitted and the means to track contacts of said people.

Sport can't happen behind closed doors without player insurance.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Same for any relaxation of lockdown eg opening shops, pubs. 

UK is saying  more testing will be available. But UK has been okay not testing people so far. 

Think pubs will be quite far down the list of things being relaxed with mass gatherings at the very end of the queue.

3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

I think if one division votes against it, it all falls.

League 1 was the most likely league to vote against, so for voting purposes they have been inexplicably merged with League 2!!!

I wonder why???? As if we did'nt know. It's taken them long enough to work this one out.

Just now, frankblack said:

Any initial relaxation of the laws won't happen until they have very few new cases admitted and the means to track contacts of said people.

Sport can't happen behind closed doors without player insurance.

Yeah

But the EFL haven't come up with this plan without consulting with the Government and checking insurance. 

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Not really, just can't be bothered with condescending twats, today. Sure we've all had those.

Stay safe. Wash those hands.

He's right though. The title of the article even specifies 'in Scottish football'. Stupid thing to be getting worked up about.

Footballfirst

There is something that is fundamentally wrong with the process, when your club can be relegated simply by the votes of competitor clubs, thereby cutting your club's future revenue from all sources including gate receipts, hospitality, prize money, broadcasting, retail, advertising, sponsorship etc.  I'd estimate a drop in turnover of £5-£6m for Hearts, should they be relegated in a similar way to that proposed for Partick and Stranraer.

Had the season been completed and Hearts was in bottom place or had lost a play-off from 11th place then they would have fully deserved the consequences of relegation, but having it imposed by your competitors (some of whom benefit as a result) seems unjust in the extreme.

Let's say that the majority of  Premiership clubs sought to impose an end to the season now and award the title to Celtic.  Would Celtic actually vote for that with the knowledge of a risk that UEFA could seek to exclude Scottish teams from UEFA competitions next year, as a result of not completing the season? 

That would be an illustration of Celtic potentially being disadvantaged financially by a vote of its competitor clubs.  It's the same situation that Hearts finds itself. 

Edited by Footballfirst

What wasn't put out in the SPFL statement is that they are looking to start next season (I'm assuming LC) in ~13weeks. They have told the clubs this.

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not going to happen. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )