SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Definitely think it would be the contact with the horrible *******s 😁

If only it could be nailed down for definite. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Could be called after 66% of games played which is being discussed in England. 

So 25-26 games, 18 for us. Have any games been cancelled in the EPL yet? Their testing and bubbles are clearly working better. 

1 full set of home-away fixtures should be the minimum. And possibly the maximum if we want some fairness to come into the equation.

Aye, I know...I said fairness...

Hagar the Horrible
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They did spend time in a Covid Hotspot as well as playing against those horrible *******s. 

And they want to be the first to allow fans back in.  If I was Milan I would be going mental,  Interesting to see if any Celtic players test possitive before the cup semi then, but they did adhere to social distancing against milan when they should have been up close and personal!

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So 25-26 games, 18 for us. Have any games been cancelled in the EPL yet? Their testing and bubbles are clearly working better. 

And they have bigger squads. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

And they want to be the first to allow fans back in.  If I was Milan I would be going mental,  Interesting to see if any Celtic players test possitive before the cup semi then, but they did adhere to social distancing against milan when they should have been up close and personal!

Never got near them until Milan eased off as Italian teams do at 2 nil up. Can’t see weegie land being in anything other than tier 3 for a while yet. U.K. still on Ireland’s travel ban list I think 🤔😜

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

And they have bigger squads. 

Depends on how many you want to test, top league clubs down there have a 25 man squad abc there’s nothing stopping clubs up here putting youngsters in their bubble, apart from the cost. We currently have around that number in our squad. 

Just saw Man Utd want to get 23k into OT shortly hahahahaha 🙈

Is any other league in Europe still intending to play out last seasons competitions like Scotland are doing with the Scottish Cup?

wentworth jambo

If a result of COVID is that some teams like Dundee, St Mirren, Hamilton etc got to the wall, then it's not all negative 🙂

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, wentworth jambo said:

If a result of COVID is that some teams like Dundee, St Mirren, Hamilton etc got to the wall, then it's not all negative 🙂

Every cloud. 

wentworth jambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Every cloud. 

Amen brother and I'll be pretty near the front of "Queue here to dance on their graves" line

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Amen brother and I'll be pretty near the front of "Queue here to dance on their graves" line

Socially distanced queue of course, should be a big one 😆

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, JoeHarper said:

Not sure what bcd games are but I just think more and more players will test positive and games will be postponed. I can't see any way in which that can be avoided.

BCD - behind closed doors. 

Yeah, I agree games will be postponed and layers will test positive. 

Will happen across the world tho, not just here. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Is any other league in Europe still intending to play out last seasons competitions like Scotland are doing with the Scottish Cup?

No.

They all played them to a finish before starting this seasons competitions.

Or had a proper plan in place if that wasn't possible

Psychedelicropcircle
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You hope covid wrecks havoc? 

On diddy teams

My take is that teams will enter administration without hesitation this season as there is no penalty this season for doing this. They will rid themselves of deadwood and long standing debt. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

BCD - behind closed doors. 

Yeah, I agree games will be postponed and layers will test positive. 

Will happen across the world tho, not just here. 

BCD of course, thanks for that.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Depends on how many you want to test, top league clubs down there have a 25 man squad abc there’s nothing stopping clubs up here putting youngsters in their bubble, apart from the cost. We currently have around that number in our squad. 

Just saw Man Utd want to get 23k into OT shortly hahahahaha 🙈

Dortmund went from 11k to 300 last week.

What is it with this thing that folk aren't watching what going on around the rest of the world?

Or at least countries we can compare ourselves with and trust a bit.

Edited by DETTY29

19 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

My take is that teams will enter administration without hesitation this season as there is no penalty this season for doing this. They will rid themselves of deadwood and long standing debt. 

You still need some other party to be willing to take over that club via a CVA. The vast majority will never get that.

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Dortmund went from 11k to 300 last week.

What is it with this thing that folk aren't watching what going on around the rest of the world?

Or at least countries we can compare ourselves with and trust a bit.Sincerest apologies for not knowing the figures in Dortmund. 

Just saw that this afternoon, Man Utd lost a lot of money in the last year and are obviously desperate to get fans back in to help that. 
Saw a guy on SSN say he’s heard no fans til April down south. 
Not sure what crowds are allowed in Portugal but the Grand Prix had fans packed together in the stands. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just saw that this afternoon, Man Utd lost a lot of money in the last year and are obviously desperate to get fans back in to help that. 
Not sure what crowds are allowed in Portugal but the Grand Prix had fans packed together in the stands. 

They seem to abide by the rules better than the UK.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry,

Without knowing the story behind Man U, but we have been pretty much told not to expect significant (additional to what has already been agreed) crowds if any in top league football in UK till the clocks change next year.

Man U are entitled to do their own calculations and lobbying, but when I saw the 'headline', it was just an ffs moment.

I only found out about Dortmund because I watch Derek Rae on Twitter.

I also watched highlights on YouTube of an NI Danske Bank game at the weekend.  I was surprised considering the stricter measures in NI how busy the crowd was, even taking into account that crowd levels were already agreed.  What was noticeable was the lack of general social distancing, even with requests being shouted across the tannoy system.  Non all seated stadia clubs in Scotland better hope NS, CS, JL and so on don't watch NI football on YouTube.

Edited by DETTY29

Footballfirst

There is a leaked memo in this Herald article detailing current Scottish Government proposals for which Covid restriction Level each local authority area will be assigned next week.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18823399.lanarkshire-lockdown-leaked-memo-full/

If implemented as per the memo, then those Central Belt areas currently with additional restrictions equivalent to Level 3 will remain there, although there might be a possibility for Edinburgh and East Lothian dropping to Level 2.

For North and South Lanarkshire, they may even be pushed up to Level 4 (almost back to a full lockdown, barring schools).

The upshot for football is that there will be no fans in stadiums before areas drop to Level 1.  That at least is a possibility for Highland and Moray council areas (Ross Co., ICT and Elgin).

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

No.

They all played them to a finish before starting this seasons competitions.

Or had a proper plan in place if that wasn't possible

Peter Lawell was calling the tune, and of course Celtic were still in the Cup, so there was no chance of the competition being abandoned.

18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There is a leaked memo in this Herald article detailing current Scottish Government proposals for which Covid restriction Level each local authority area will be assigned next week.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18823399.lanarkshire-lockdown-leaked-memo-full/

If implemented as per the memo, then those Central Belt areas currently with additional restrictions equivalent to Level 3 will remain there, although there might be a possibility for Edinburgh and East Lothian dropping to Level 2.

For North and South Lanarkshire, they may even be pushed up to Level 4 (almost back to a full lockdown, barring schools).

The upshot for football is that there will be no fans in stadiums before areas drop to Level 1.  That at least is a possibility for Highland and Moray council areas (Ross Co., ICT and Elgin).

With no crowds, you could argue its bizarre the final must be at Hampden* and Greater Glasgow Covid numbers.

Shame Tynecastle with 2 UEFA standard dressing rooms at different parts of the stadium can't be used due to home advantage.

Brought it up as Wales won't play at Millennium for next set of Nations League but Parc y Scarlets.

Mind you Millennium is being used as a Covid field hospital just now.

* If Aberdeen do beat Celtic in the semi final, why not mitigate health risk and play elsewhere? Actually I suppose it's more a case of the highest number of 500 or so in attendance will live in a G post code and keeping them in mitigates.

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Sorry,

Without knowing the story behind Man U, but we have been pretty much told not to expect significant (additional to what has already been agreed) crowds if any in top league football in UK till the clocks change next year.

Man U are entitled to do their own calculations and lobbying, but when I saw the 'headline', it was just an ffs moment.

I only found out about Dortmund because I watch Derek Rae on Twitter.

I also watched highlights on YouTube of an NI Danske Bank game at the weekend.  I was surprised considering the stricter measures in NI how busy the crowd was, even taking into account that crowd levels were already agreed.  What was noticeable was the lack of general social distancing, even with requests being shouted across the tannoy system.  Non all seated stadia clubs in Scotland better hope NS, CS, JL and so on don't watch NI football on YouTube.

It was a crazy interview with the person responsible for making the stadium safe, like she had no idea what was going on in England just now. A fair percentage of their fans travel from other areas.  
Had the Bundesliga on and they mentioned the 300 fans, well spread out in that stadium. 
I’ve seen football from a few places now with little or no social distancing, imagine trying to get the fans of the uglies to do it. 
I think most of us have now accepted we might not see a game at all this season, and if it’s the case it might not just miraculously disappear for next season either. 
As a club we need to maximise revenue in whatever way possible, it will be a Hearts themed Xmas for my family anyway 😆

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

With no crowds, you could argue its bizarre the final must be at Hampden* and Greater Glasgow Covid numbers.

Shame Tynecastle with 2 UEFA standard dressing rooms at different parts of the stadium can't be used due to home advantage.

Brought it up as Wales won't play at Millennium for next set of Nations League but Parc y Scarlets.

* If Aberdeen do beat Celtic in the semi final, why not mitigate health risk and play elsewhere? Actually I suppose it's more a case of the highest number of 500 or so in attendance will live in a G post code and keeping them in mitigates.

It’s a good point. We can lobby for Murrayfield once we get to the final. 
Real Madrid haven’t been playing at the Bernabeu just now to get renovations speeded up whilst there’s no fans allowed, it be interesting to see what the teams who’ve played there feel about it. 
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-arent-real-madrid-home-games-santiago-bernabeu-la-liga/45qo2emoiibv11kkc7sp8oz3m

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was a crazy interview with the person responsible for making the stadium safe, like she had no idea what was going on in England just now. A fair percentage of their fans travel from other areas.  
Had the Bundesliga on and they mentioned the 300 fans, well spread out in that stadium. 
I’ve seen football from a few places now with little or no social distancing, imagine trying to get the fans of the uglies to do it. 
I think most of us have now accepted we might not see a game at all this season, and if it’s the case it might not just miraculously disappear for next season either. 
As a club we need to maximise revenue in whatever way possible, it will be a Hearts themed Xmas for my family anyway 😆

This is bang on and I think many of us will be joining you in your Xmas idea!

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Level 1 is a bit away yet for us anyway, pubs that don’t do main meals will be closed until we get there too. 

Couple of AC Milan players who played Celtic last week have tested positive.  Celtic’s new keeper, who played in that game, not even in the match day squad v Aberdeen yesterday.

Anyone else thinking what I’m thinking? 🧐🧐🧐

Pasquale for King
Just now, gator said:

This is bang on and I think many of us will be joining you in your Xmas idea!

I done it in 2012 or 13 I think, spent nearly £400 in there 😆. Got some funny comments off the family but nothing new there. I wonder what I could get the wife 🤔?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Couple of AC Milan players who played Celtic last week have tested positive.  Celtic’s new keeper, who played in that game, not even in the match day squad v Aberdeen yesterday.

Anyone else thinking what I’m thinking? 🧐🧐🧐

🤞

If CV19 were to hit Celtic, I wonder what happens if they were unable to play their Scottish Cup tie and when would they shoehorn the second attempt in.

This week could bring a couple of twists yet.

Edited by kila

1 minute ago, kila said:

If CV19 were to hit Celtic, I wonder what happens if they were unable to play their Scottish Cup tie and when would they shoehorn the second attempt in.

don't they forfeit ties if they cant be played?

Footballfirst
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Level 1 is a bit away yet for us anyway, pubs that don’t do main meals will be closed until we get there too. 

According to the Government's on framework document:

Within Levels 2 and 3, we would expect to see increased incidence of the virus, with multiple clusters and increased community transmission. There would be a graduated series of protective measures to tackle the virus, focusing on key areas of risk – broadly, indoor settings where household mixing takes place with less, or less well-observed, physical distancing and mitigations. The measures would be intended to be in place for relatively short periods (2-4 weeks), and only for as long as required to get the virus down to a low, sustainable level.

Edinburgh, along with the 5 NHS Board areas,  are already in week 3 of Level 3 equivalent restrictions. I think the 2-4 week intention is well wide of the mark.

Edited by Footballfirst

Just now, Hearts007 said:

don't they forfeit ties if they cant be played?

No idea with last season's Scottish Cup. The SFA will get to make it up as they go along as the new rules will only affect this season's cup.

But if there was a forfeit, Hearts and Aberdeen should just field their U18's or something in the final. It's already a farce.

1 minute ago, kila said:

No idea with last season's Scottish Cup. The SFA will get to make it up as they go along as the new rules will only affect this season's cup.

But if there was a forfeit, Hearts and Aberdeen should just field their U18's or something in the final. It's already a farce.

yep

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

According to the Government's on framework document:

Within Levels 2 and 3, we would expect to see increased incidence of the virus, with multiple clusters and increased community transmission. There would be a graduated series of protective measures to tackle the virus, focusing on key areas of risk – broadly, indoor settings where household mixing takes place with less, or less well-observed, physical distancing and mitigations. The measures would be intended to be in place for relatively short periods (2-4 weeks), and only for as long as required to get the virus down to a low, sustainable level.

Edinburgh, along with the 5 NHS Board areas,  are already in week 3 of Level 3 equivalent restrictions. I think the 2-4 week intention is well wide of the mark.

Indeed but it might start from November 2nd, we can only hope cases keep falling but I think we’ve got a bit more pain to suffer yet. 

11 minutes ago, kila said:

They’d probably just hand them it out of sympathy. 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

And Real Madrid using their training ground for Champions League games. 

There is an argument that Hearts and hibs could have tossed a coin and the game played at Tynie or Easter Rd, although Murrayfield is an obvious compromise. 

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And Real Madrid using their training ground for Champions League games. 

There is an argument that Hearts and hibs could have tossed a coin and the game played at Tynie or Easter Rd, although Murrayfield is an obvious compromise. 

We are not much better with our camera angles but the advertising tarpaulin  for the last few Scotland games are half shown at best.

18 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Latest Coronavirus per 100K of population stats - quite simply, the rate for both South/North Lanarkshire & Glasgow City are utterly outrageous. And absolutely no way Edinburgh should be any higher than Level 2. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-54697094

Simple way of doing it 

- 250 + into tier 4

- 125 to 250 into tier 3

- 50 to 125 into tier 2

- 0 to 50 into tier 1

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )