SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

27 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Have we used the furlough scheme though? Players accepted wage reductions to begin so not sure if furloughed or not.

Yes Robbie said on Sportsound on Saturday the players couldn't train because they were furloughed.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

It's simple. If the arbitration panel find in our favour and say our expulsion is wrong and we are still an SPL team then we are re-instated, it is then upto the SPFL how they put that into practise, but do it they must, it is in effect the decision of the court.

Yes. Timing has nothing or very very little to do with it.  If we shouldnt have been expelled by law, that's that.

And the most simple and the fairest way to do it would frankly be to just add us in, perhaps with ICT.  Basically say "we know you voted against it, but the last recon proposal is happening, cos we're not now going to punish Dutd etc".  And it's told you so's and humble pie all round.

Of course, if they simply replace us, Partick and Stranraer in place of the C3, then so be it, no tears, maybe even a chuckle.  The above is the correct action though.  It would be a huge admittance that the whole thing could have been avoided easily, which I will enjoy!

That's what they should do.  Will they?  It'll be very very interesting to see how it's handled.

Walter Bishop

Ayr United chairman enjoying his 15 mins of fame...

BBC Sportsound

@BBCSportsound

·

6m

The

@AyrUnitedFC

chairman Lachlan Cameron suggests a SPFL commissioner to address self-interest & says Ayr will give financial support to

@dundeeunitedfc @RaithRovers & @CoveRangersFC

in legal fight. With Donald Findlay

@TEnglishSport & @kennymacsport

AllyjamboDerbyshire
38 minutes ago, graygo said:

I must not be clear in what I've been posting.

I agree with absolutely everything you have posted above, sorry for the confusion.

My point, as you seem to agree with is that a commission is not the same as an arbitration hearing, thankfully.

You've said that people are basing their thoughts that we won't get a fair hearing because of the LNS enquiry and I'm saying that they shouldn't.

Cheers, Graygo. Sorry for my part in the confusion.

I'm pretty confident we will get a fair hearing, just concerned that the nuances of the law, and the wording of the SPFL rules, could lead to our case falling completely or only bringing a partial win, with the panel feeling we've not shown enough to merit reinstatement but granting us some lesser level of compensation than we've looked for.

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

BBC Sportsound

@BBCSportsound

·

6m

The

@AyrUnitedFC

chairman Lachlan Cameron suggests a SPFL commissioner to address self-interest & says Ayr will give financial support to

This is now outright war, hope we are all over this shitehawk wee rat. 

The Future's Maroon
3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

BBC Sportsound

@BBCSportsound

·

6m

The

@AyrUnitedFC

Fud.

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, Biko said:

Yes Robbie said on Sportsound on Saturday the players couldn't train because they were furloughed.

Ahh great stuff.

8 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

BBC Sportsound

@BBCSportsound

·

6m

The

@AyrUnitedFC

Cameron's agenda is probably heavily influenced by the fact that Partick Thistle recruited Ian McCall from Ayr at the start of last season.

4 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Cheers, Graygo. Sorry for my part in the confusion.

I'm pretty confident we will get a fair hearing, just concerned that the nuances of the law, and the wording of the SPFL rules, could lead to our case falling completely or only bringing a partial win, with the panel feeling we've not shown enough to merit reinstatement but granting us some lesser level of compensation than we've looked for.

It's my worry as well that the panel try to not have a winner and a loser and fall somewhere in the middle. I know they shouldn't but they are only human at the end of the day. The SFA/SPFL rules are so convoluted that it's possible to come to any outcome.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

The precedent is set 

If we are top at the point the season stops I want promoted.

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

.... and if we're not top, you want someone else promoted instead ?   Really ?

If we're not top, somehthing has gone badly wrong.  Is there really a team that we should fear being above us?

Blackshades
11 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

BBC Sportsound

@BBCSportsound

·

6m

The

@AyrUnitedFC

Any jambo that sets foot inside Somerset park really needs to have a word with themselves .I will never set foot in the place again.

3 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Cameron's agenda is probably heavily influenced by the fact that Partick Thistle recruited Ian McCall from Ayr at the start of last season.

He's also a MAGA buffoon so will want to show that pesky wummin her place, no doubt. 

He'd be better off keeping his money and investing in a tub of moisturizer, the fat gammon. 

12 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Against the SPFL rules though FATTY 

Typical Trump supporter is Mr. Cameron.

Cash over rule rules.

Ayr United. One of the most pointless clubs in Scottish football. Won **** all and totally lacking in ambition.

ToadKiller Dog
3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

He's also a MAGA buffoon so will want to show that pesky wummin her place, no doubt. 

He'd be better off keeping his money and investing in a tub of moisturizer, the fat gammon. 

If you check you will likely find all the US owners of Scottish clubs gave money to Trumps MAGA campaign.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Ayr utd one of the worst low life clubs to come out this whole thing with the behaviour of that clown cameron 

WorldChampions1902
29 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

This is now outright war, hope we are all over this shitehawk wee rat. 

Any Hearts supporter still contemplating visiting Somerset Park after this, really needs to reconsider.

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Ayr United suffer how from HMFC and PTFC being reinstated?

From no Hearts in the championship?

Dont think any of us will be going anyway......

Think he underestimates the tribal nature of Scottish Football.

I wont be going to Somerset ever again, despite its proximity to my house.

ANd there are a lot like me.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Have we used the furlough scheme though? Players accepted wage reductions to begin so not sure if furloughed or not.

robbie confirmed this on sportssound

40 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

BBC Sportsound

@BBCSportsound

·

6m

The

@AyrUnitedFC

If I was an Ayr Utd fan, if he has spare cash to chuck around I'd be pretty pissed off that he was spending it on the C3 clubs rather than on Ayr.

On 13/07/2020 at 10:33, Jim Panzee said:

I also agree. Was it agentjambo who wrote that almost every step of the way we've not had the outcome we've wanted. Feel like some kind of curve ball will be thrown and we'll be in the championship next season with a pittance of compo....to be paid in £2 instalments for the next 25 years.

at least we fought our corner.

I am pessimistic about getting a favourable outcome.  My fear is that the Arbitors will conclude that the SPFL acted in good faith in accordance with its Articles of Agreement and judgement will be with the SFA.

As the season start forthe Premiership has already been blessed by the Scottish Gov. the only question will be in respect to compensation.

Thistle is a different issue as Championship is still to start.

Randy Marsh

Lachlan is just attention seeking again.  He should focus his attention on dieting and going to the gym.  Fat odious prick. 

The Future's Maroon
29 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Bit harsh. Walter’s a good poster. 

::troll::

🤣🤣🤣

No issues with Mr Bishop at all, as for the Yankee Doodle Doughball Lachlan...I wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire, in fact I would hunt out more petrol.

So the Chairman of Ayr United says “there was always going to be one club at least that was going to be unfairly treated”. Only in Scotland can this be stated and somehow it is deemed acceptable! 

Hackney Hearts
12 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

“there was always going to be one club at least that was going to be unfairly treated”. 

Simply not true. And there's still time to take the blindingly obvious route out of all this.

manaliveits105

Another admitting publicly we have been unfairly treated - thanks fatty another for the arbitration panel 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Typical Trump supporter is Mr. Cameron.

Cash over rule rules.

Ffs. I beg for the day where I can find even 1 column inch anywhere where I do not read the name "Trump" or turn on the tv and go 1 second without hearing it.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

If we're not top, somehthing has gone badly wrong.  Is there really a team that we should fear being above us?

Whether Hearts are top or not when a future event happens is  not really the point.    The glee which many clubs showed when we were invited to take our medicine occurred mainly because they knew who the "relegated" clubs were. The whole point of trying to put a set of rules in place NOW to deal with a future event is to make the process completely blind to whichever clubs are sitting top & bottom at the time.  

Your comment about something gone badly wrong is a bit naive/ironic, after the season we've just had.   Something did indeed go badly wrong, and there were several teams we feared being above us. 🙄   - all of them actually

Stupid Sexy Flanders
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ffs. I beg for the day where I can find even 1 column inch anywhere where I do not read the name "Trump" or turn on the tv and go 1 second without hearing it.

There's been 1583 pages of this thread without it. 

Hungry hippo
48 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I am pessimistic about getting a favourable outcome.  My fear is that the Arbitors will conclude that the SPFL acted in good faith in accordance with its Articles of Agreement and judgement will be with the SFA.

As the season start forthe Premiership has already been blessed by the Scottish Gov. the only question will be in respect to compensation.

Thistle is a different issue as Championship is still to start.

I can't see how Partick can be treated differently to us in arbitration. They will surely either decide if actions were wrong or justifiable.

The season start date should be irrelevant as per Lord Clark's question to the QC about what would happen even if the season had started 

Trying not to be unfairly treated,   even when the unfair treatment is openly acknowledged = self interest... apparently.

How thick do you need to be to not realise that's total bullshit?

1 hour ago, AndrewB said:

Ayr United suffer how from HMFC and PTFC being reinstated?

Presumably, normally, our larger away crowd income?

Don't shoot just playing Devils advocate!

No one has mentioned the Ayr boy saying "all leagues being treated equally"......except the bottom division not having relegation, so 'all leagues in fact not being treated equally'!

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Trying not to be unfairly treated,   even when the unfair treatment is openly acknowledged = self interest... apparently.

How thick do you need to be to not realise that's total bullshit?

I'd say the likes of voting to get £3k in prize money and openly admitting that you did it so you could get Partick and Falkirk in your division is self interest.

I'd say looking at a map and deciding Brora is quite far away is self interest.

I'd say using your vote as a makeweight to try to garner a better deal is self interest.

I guess defending yourself from being illegally expelled with almost 25% of a season to go is technically self interest.  But only in the same way as maybe covering your face when a group of yobs have you on the deck and are kicking you.  That type of self interest.  Protection really.

"I've put my hood up cos I'm interested in myself not getting too wet."  "I'm pishing oot my 2nd floor window cos I'm interested in doing a pee and the bathroom is a 10ft walk away."

Compare and contrast.

Heartsofgold
15 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Compensation,  noun,   Something, typically money, awarded to someone In recognition of loss, suffering or injury.

I didn't mean taxable profit, I meant the colloquial 'profit' as in free money.

Hagar the Horrible
11 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Presumably, normally, our larger away crowd income?

Don't shoot just playing Devils advocate!

No one has mentioned the Ayr boy saying "all leagues being treated equally"......except the bottom division not having relegation, so 'all leagues in fact not being treated equally'!

Something I brough up weeks ago was the survey done where 30% of people just wont go to football who normaly would until a vaccine is found.  Now we will boycott a lot of places, and it will hurt not going to a Hearts game?

But this has not been considered by the SFA and the SPFL and to their damnation, is that if crowds are down an averege of 30% overall according to a survey?  perhaps not week one?  But away support will be down about 80%?  And what data am I basing this revelation on I hear thee ask?  Well human nature, when dealing with the unknown and what is known in the trade, when I say trade my thought office?  otherwise known as my garry glitter.  You assume your own shitter is clean while everybody elses is like the toilet in Trainspotting.  Covid will ingrain a false fear that everybody elses stadium is unclean and predudice will tell you they wont be as thorough as we will be.   I already wipe my feet on the way out of the Tattiebowl and want a tetanus after being at the San Giro.

i say to Fatty McYankie and other chairmen (note i did not use chairperson) This time next year we will still be alive, will you?...one way or another you will take your medicine!

1 hour ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

How's about this scenario...1st weekend of fixtures we get chosen for a Sunday match. Don't know why but it's a possibility.

3 teams win on the Saturday by varying scorelines. So Dundee, who beat Ayr 4-0, are sitting atop the Championship. We have yet to play and there's a hastily-called lockdown. I'd say we'd be pretty ****ed if that (admittedly unlikely ) sequence of events came to pass.

Or any similar set of circumstances that meant we weren't top.

This is a brilliant time to make strides.

Can see why clever benefactors might want to support us just now.

While others struggle it's an opportunity. 

Most clubs want reconstruction, but not this season, but won't vote anything through when it is put on the table due to self interest.

At least Cameron said his preference, one that will never get voted through, at least for the duration of the current 5 year deal.

Findlay not asked outright what his preference was.

Then both want a strong leader.

Righto, a strong leader would confine Cowedenbeath to a regionalised set up and tell Ayr to give it's ground a lick of paint.

Edited by DETTY29

The comfort blanket for me was the Deloitte Enquiry.

Prior to this, Doncaster had said on more than one occasion that it would be costly & time consuming.

Then a few days later we saw the report from the “forensic” enquiry carried out by Deloitte, with no indication of cost, carried out  in a couple of days if that? & the scope of the enquiry so narrow that it was always going to produce the minimal amount of information to satisfy the extremely gullible or those stupid enough to believe it but maybe just enough for Doncaster to put people off the scent.

So let’s hope our QC’s have demanded every email, phone record, snapchat, sportsound audio, & anything else deemed pertinent to our case.

Would be sound as **** if Doncaster, Maclennan, Blair, & Nelms had to give witness testimony under oath as well.

Lets get every piece of dirt there is on these scumbags cause if our legal team can prove to the Arbitrators that dirty dealings took place(which I’m 100% convinced there was) we’ll get a favourable hearing. Guilty as sin.

If Donald Findlay would like to extend his invite, I'll be his guest at Central Park.

But I'll hang fire for a season or two and go when Brora or Kelty are due to play them at the end of the season and confine Cowdenbeath to a play off pasting from Bonnyrigg Rose.

Edited by DETTY29

6 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Wonder if they'd start the league and just have us play catchup rather than delay the league starting?

Probably. We could play games midweek during Euro scheduled midweeks 

6 hours ago, HoGwash said:

This post seems at odds with your suggestion that the hearing had been put back a week. How solid is your info on this as it's pretty depressing. 

Wasn’t my suggestion re delay. Think that was Selkirk. 

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

What is happening on Friday? Is there any indication there will be an outcome that soon? The CoS took 2 days just to decide whether or not to hear the case. I would have expected at least a couple of weeks for arbitration on the substantive case.

Studying of disclosed documentation, and relevant precedents and law and agreements, examining witnesses, deliberation and agreement of remedies. And their practicality.

Has the tribunal even been appointed yet?

I was replying to a poster who suggested we would know by Friday. I have no insight as to where the arbitration hearing has got to. Would be very surprised if it takes two weeks though. Lord Clark expected to wrap it up 15-17 July if it went back to him. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )