SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Aye is the only answer required to your demented ramblings.

😐

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

None of these are our problem if the judges throw out our expulsion.

Yip - we all know its a laughing stock.

We will see - I think the SPFL have royally ****ed up and will get nailed on the documentation we requested.

For once Frank I’m agreeing wholeheartedly with you :lol: 👍🏼

Edited by jack D and coke

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

8 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I am a bit disappointed that Hearts didn't do more to lobby the Government to allow them to start training at the same time as the rest of the Premiership clubs (elite level).

I think we might have had a chance of persuading Lord Clark (or the Government directly) given the question mark over what league we are playing in, the tight timescale and perhaps even the fact we are in the Cup semi finals.

I guess we chose not to push this as it would have meant an end to the furlough payments and having to pay the players' wages with no guarantee of any income for another few months.

But the fact we won't be ready to play on 1st August (and if we try we could end up really struggling) and that Robbie is being quoted talking about players' chances of being picked for Scotland/NI while in the Championship all makes me think we aren't expecting to win the case or will be happy to accept compensation rather than reinstatement.

Ok, but if we take the employees off furlough and don't have any games until October, that will be expensive.

Fitba' broke my Heart
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Any idea when the cup semi final is  ? 

Pretty sure SFA are not going to play the games before crowds are aloud back in.

As its all about the cash.

heartandsoul
21 minutes ago, NEWSTAND said:

I hope that my instincts are wrong but reinstated to premier league is very unlikely. I think we will get compensation but no where near what we asked for and that will be that. The most galling thing is that these underhand scum bags at the SPL which has been littered with lies and deceit will carry on and nothing changes. Two teams from Glasgow finishing first and second every season with referees     Biased beyond belief and other teams being shafted constantly is just about the pits for me. The only saving grace as I have said in previous comments is that the hearts support will now have a siege mentality and Tynecastle will hopefully become a bear pit again once crowds allowed back in. The media and all these teams who voted against us have no idea what is coming their way as this support is the best in Scotland and we will fight on even harder. FOH subs up in number just shows how much the Hearts fans want to stick it right up Dungman and his cronies. Corruption is rife and thank goodness some matters in the media are put right by Tom English the only one worth listening to. 

Couldn't have put that better myself.

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Ok, but if we take the employees off furlough and don't have any games until October, that will be expensive.

And if we are re-instated thats going to be a bigger laugh watching DU go back into furlough with players they bought they cant afford?  Cheaky wee bid for shankland???

Cruickie's Moustache

Given this is a global pandemic it is hard to see how the SPFL and SKY are the only two companies on the planet that are somehow totally bound by a contract agreed pre-Covid 19 and would be unable to come to form of a compromise in terms of dealing with an ever changing situation.

As part of the T'Rangers dossier there was mention of the need to start Betferd Cup before the league season. That has been totally thrown out the window. So previous plans can be altered when it suits.

No idea how the arbitration will pan out but everything is possible - if there is a will (and hopefully a legal order) to make things happen.

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The state of the tangerine looking one, that could end up being a bit too literal.

I'm sure he's bulking up for the zombie walk at his local Greggs 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I am a bit disappointed that Hearts didn't do more to lobby the Government to allow them to start training at the same time as the rest of the Premiership clubs (elite level).

I think we might have had a chance of persuading Lord Clark (or the Government directly) given the question mark over what league we are playing in, the tight timescale and perhaps even the fact we are in the Cup semi finals.

I guess we chose not to push this as it would have meant an end to the furlough payments and having to pay the players' wages with no guarantee of any income for another few months.

But the fact we won't be ready to play on 1st August (and if we try we could end up really struggling) and that Robbie is being quoted talking about players' chances of being picked for Scotland/NI while in the Championship all makes me think we aren't expecting to win the case or will be happy to accept compensation rather than reinstatement.

Nah, as it stands pointless in going back to training just now. 

Our sporting body put a proposal forward, they accepted it. 

If anything, the sfa should have put forward a proposal that allowed any professional team that wanted to start training to do so. 

Even then,  given where we are we may have held back. 

Also, the fixtures are easily changed, you don't have to postpone the season, just one game for a few weekends. 

It's really not a big deal to change things if we win. 

Remove utd, we don't play until later in August, the season still starts with 5/6 games each round of fixtures. 

It's really a nothing thing this fixture and season starting on the 1st and changing it. 

Easy fix. Changing the fixtures for our reinstatement and allowing us pre season time is nothing but a 10 min admin excerise. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Our players are on furlough until the end of July so too much of a risk financially to ask to start training in the off chance that we get reinstated 

I actually feel pretty positive the longer this drags on. If they had us over a barrel then the case would have been swept up and done and dusted by now and we would be cracking on with life in the Championship. Yes I am a half full glass kind of guy! hehe

Jambo, Goodbye
5 minutes ago, Kenbo said:

I actually feel pretty positive the longer this drags on. If they had us over a barrel then the case would have been swept up and done and dusted by now and we would be cracking on with life in the Championship. Yes I am a half full glass kind of guy! hehe

Beaker half full surely?  

jamboinglasgow

I see the SFA have now announced the transfer window is open. 

It ends almost two weeks before the Championship starts, allows Premiership teams two months into the season to sign players. Championhip clubs can sign players on loan in October. Yeah that sounds about right for the mess of ruling authorities.

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

You can keep saying it, but it doesn't change the original point that it's gerrymandered result has blighted many people's impression of how SFA tribunals are conducted, which is what the original post was about.

I pointed out why it shouldn't.

I won't keep saying it but it's bloody frustrating that people cover their ears and say la la la because they refuse to believe that they might be wrong about something.

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, as it stands pointless in going back to training just now. 

Our sporting body put a proposal forward, they accepted it. 

If anything, the sfa should have put forward a proposal that allowed any professional team that wanted to start training to do so. 

Even then,  given where we are we may have held back. 

Also, the fixtures are easily changed, you don't have to postpone the season, just one game for a few weekends. 

It's really not a big deal to change things if we win. 

Remove utd, we don't play until later in August, the season still starts with 5/6 games each round of fixtures. 

It's really a nothing thing this fixture and season starting on the 1st and changing it. 

Easy fix. Changing the fixtures for our reinstatement and allowing us pre season time is nothing but a 10 min admin excerise. 

This will primarily be a furlough thing but it is bizarre that if you play for a Saturday amateur team you can do more training than a professional footballer.

Not a chance we'll get reinstated. If we win, any form of remedy will be in the way of cash. Probably paid over a number of seasons. It'll be like having the entirety of Scottish Football joining FoH for a few years. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Not a chance we'll get reinstated. If we win, any form of remedy will be in the way of cash. Probably paid over a number of seasons. It'll be like having the entirety of Scottish Football joining FoH for a few years. 

Gratifying in its own way 

colinmaroon

It is increasingly likely that a second spike will come this winter and, therefore, the chances of completing the season are falling.  With the Championship not starting until October,  the prospects of not enough games being played for promotion are high.

The only outcome that we should be looking for is reinstatement, with the likely alternative being 2 years at least in the second tier.  

Do not expect the SPFL to extend the season as that might impact TV money and Celtic's European gluttonfest. 

Dirty Deeds
14 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Get Doncaster along to a plot ceremony 

15 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I like the sound of it when you put it like that.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, NEWSTAND said:

I hope that my instincts are wrong but reinstated to premier league is very unlikely. I think we will get compensation but no where near what we asked for and that will be that. The most galling thing is that these underhand scum bags at the SPL which has been littered with lies and deceit will carry on and nothing changes. Two teams from Glasgow finishing first and second every season with referees     Biased beyond belief and other teams being shafted constantly is just about the pits for me. The only saving grace as I have said in previous comments is that the hearts support will now have a siege mentality and Tynecastle will hopefully become a bear pit again once crowds allowed back in. The media and all these teams who voted against us have no idea what is coming their way as this support is the best in Scotland and we will fight on even harder. FOH subs up in number just shows how much the Hearts fans want to stick it right up Dungman and his cronies. Corruption is rife and thank goodness some matters in the media are put right by Tom English the only one worth listening to. 

Even if we win our case, I wouldn't expect any on-field aspect of Scottish football to change - and serious change of  governance culture  at the SPFL/SFA is even a bit of a long shot.

The sort of  issues you've mentioned will only improve if the Bigot Brothers somehow feck off to another league. 

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

It is increasingly likely that a second spike will come this winter and, therefore, the chances of completing the season are falling.  With the Championship not starting until October,  the prospects of not enough games being played for promotion are high.

The only outcome that we should be looking for is reinstatement, with the likely alternative being 2 years at least in the second tier.  

Do not expect the SPFL to extend the season as that might impact TV money and Celtic's European gluttonfest. 

The precedent is set 

If we are top at the point the season stops I want promoted.

colinmaroon
Just now, davie1980 said:

The precedent is set 

Not if the SPFL get control.

Lone Striker
4 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

The precedent is set 

.... and if we're not top, you want someone else promoted instead ?   Really ?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
29 minutes ago, Kenbo said:

If the SPFL think a delay would benefit them in some way, then it would certainly suggest they have a problem rather than having cause for confidence in their chances of a win. Just as with the documentary evidence, if it showed them to be in the clear they would surely have been keen to present it, if they feel/know they have us over a barrel, the sooner they put us there, the sooner they can get on with their Premiership business. The promoted clubs in particular would surely benefit from the certainty of their places in the higher leagues. In short, if the SPFL have any sort of winning case, or a better chance than we have, it is in their interest to get it heard as quickly as possible. 

Of course, there is no certainty that anyone is deliberately causing a delay, or, indeed, that there is a delay. It is also possible that any delay might be because of the chosen legal minds, ours and/or theirs, being legitimately unavailable until next week (or whenever).

Hagar the Horrible

As this is working day 7 since LC instructed arbitration to commence, as we have NOT reverted back so far to the CoS? It’s supposed to start in anger tomorrow according to the media.  The debate will have started. But if the Panel of 3 have all the paper work and the submissions, and in all probability will have gone over it with a fine tooth comb?  Which must have been invented in Fife otherwise it would have been a teeth comb?

So if there has been any delaying tactic I think we would have had this bounced back, but its not in the SPFL interest to have this in the CoS as it would be held in public?  Dundee Utds QC Borland will no doubt try to slow the process down again, but that did not work well for him before?  There is still time for a rematch in the CoS but one would hope that an interdict to halt the season from starting will be invoked?

In my humble opinion I think the panel will be about 80% of the way to forming a judgement in law, and the other 20% is allowing all parties to either confirm that opinion or allow it to be changed on a technicality?  Notwithstanding evidence from individuals is a powerful tool.

After 3 days in the CoS Lord Clark wrapped up the proceedings at 1pm, By 2pm he had very eloquently gave an oral judgement, which in 5 minutes threw out Dundee United’s case that Borland spent 3 days filibustering over and have finished only an hour earlier. And then he confirmed in law that we had to go through the arbitration process and there was no way around it?  He then stated that all documentation must be provided and threw out both QC’s appeal because it would be difficult?  He then ascertained as we all expected that gamesmanship could be an issue and that time wasting might be key, so he yellow carded them even before the keeper faked injury or tying his shoe laces?

If you are telling me it was all 50/50 while Lord Clark went for his pre-deliberation shite between 1pm and 2pm that Friday?  He was so well prepared and read up; it was only about confirmation of a ruling?  And the written ruling was published within hours?  A ruling that others may refer to in future legal proceedings.   

I think if the referenced case law is there and is relevant to this case, and the documentation supports our argument or not, then the next few days will be about corroborating that evidence with witness testimony, and interpretation.  Thus I believe the panel will already in the embryonic stages of forming a conclusion based on legal precedent . It’s down to all parties to either firm up any conclusion beyond all reasonable doubt or argue which case law is more relevant than the other based on the providence of the evidence provided.

56 minutes ago, Kenbo said:

Thats where I'm at. I think Ann did her home work before taking this to court. It's not over until its over! 

alwaysthereinspirit
17 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

.... and if we're not top, you want someone else promoted instead ?   Really ?

We cant have it both ways. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
32 minutes ago, graygo said:

I pointed out why it shouldn't.

I won't keep saying it but it's bloody frustrating that people cover their ears and say la la la because they refuse to believe that they might be wrong about something.

Don't quite get what you are meaning in this post. Are you saying you agree with me that people shouldn't judge the honesty of the panel in the upcoming case on the basis of past badly run SFA panels (of any kind), and that most people will be thinking of the LNS inquiry when judging the panel in a bad light, and that those who do judge in this way are living in La La Land, or are you just being critical of my whole point and suggesting that I am the one living in La La Land because I don't believe it right to judge a panel put together under the instructions of a serving law lord by the standards of previous (and one in particular) SFA panels (of whatever kind)?

You see, my whole point was that LNS was run in a completely different way from the way the upcoming case will be run (hence I agree that it was a commission rather than arbitration), particularly as in this case at least one side determined to get a different result from the governing body under whose auspices the procedure has been set up would wish.

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Preferably to bury the *****.

Not under any part of Tynecastle. The Graveyard across from the diggers will suffice.

Biffa Bacon
51 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

This will primarily be a furlough thing but it is bizarre that if you play for a Saturday amateur team you can do more training than a professional footballer.

Two separate issues. The furlough scheme is attempting to protect jobs by subsidising with tax payers money. How many unscrupulous owners/managers would exploit this situation given half a chance? Getting employees to do some work whilst effectively not paying for them and letting tax payers foot the bill. 

jack D and coke
39 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

The precedent is set 

More to the point whoever sits bottom, they’re down. Get down and take your medicine. 

11 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Two separate issues. The furlough scheme is attempting to protect jobs by subsidising with tax payers money. How many unscrupulous owners/managers would exploit this situation given half a chance? Getting employees to do some work whilst effectively not paying for them and letting tax payers foot the bill. 

Yep, but the choice should have been there from the SG, football authorities. 

Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

Yep. I mean are we actually training NOW?... I mean school kids are allowed contact sports, surely that means we can train?

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep. I mean are we actually training NOW?... I mean school kids are allowed contact sports, surely that means we can train?

We are not training as a group because as soon as we do officially the players will come off furlough.

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

We are not training as a group because as soon as we do officially the players will come off furlough.

I didn’t think it was down to furlough. I was under the impression it was the Scottish Government ruling as and when for sport?

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I didn’t think it was down to furlough. I was under the impression it was the Scottish Government ruling as and when for sport?

You might be correct but as soon as the teams start training then they come of furlough. I think there was debate earlier about us asking the SG to be allowed to train early in the event that we are re-instated to the premiership and why we didn't do this.

Edited by wavydavy

38 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Don't quite get what you are meaning in this post. Are you saying you agree with me that people shouldn't judge the honesty of the panel in the upcoming case on the basis of past badly run SFA panels (of any kind), and that most people will be thinking of the LNS inquiry when judging the panel in a bad light, and that those who do judge in this way are living in La La Land, or are you just being critical of my whole point and suggesting that I am the one living in La La Land because I don't believe it right to judge a panel put together under the instructions of a serving law lord by the standards of previous (and one in particular) SFA panels (of whatever kind)?

You see, my whole point was that LNS was run in a completely different way from the way the upcoming case will be run (hence I agree that it was a commission rather than arbitration), particularly as in this case at least one side determined to get a different result from the governing body under whose auspices the procedure has been set up would wish.

I must not be clear in what I've been posting.

I agree with absolutely everything you have posted above, sorry for the confusion.

My point, as you seem to agree with is that a commission is not the same as an arbitration hearing, thankfully.

You've said that people are basing their thoughts that we won't get a fair hearing because of the LNS enquiry and I'm saying that they shouldn't.

Edited by graygo

Hungry hippo
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

My understanding is that only Premiership clubs have requested to be allowed to train. The Government don't care whether a team is in the Championship and have just granted permission to those that want it at this stage.

1 hour ago, harrywragg said:

I'm sure he's bulking up for the zombie walk at his local Greggs 

Probably phone a pizza to every landmark he passes on the way.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Our players are on furlough until the end of July so too much of a risk financially to ask to start training in the off chance that we get reinstated 

Have we used the furlough scheme though? Players accepted wage reductions to begin so not sure if furloughed or not.

11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Have we used the furlough scheme though? Players accepted wage reductions to begin so not sure if furloughed or not.

We'll be using furlough to pay up to £2.5k per month for all staff and anything on top of that, we pay.

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This article was back in early April so it looks as if we were certainly planning to do it.

Hearts have confirmed their plan to furlough their full playing squad, but insist no players will be asked to take a 50 per cent pay cut.

Ann Budge issued a fresh update to supporters this evening (Friday) where she confirmed some players, including captain Steven Naismith, have offered to take larger cuts than is being asked by the club.

Budge also spoke about the club's inability to source additional funding as the club is "on the cusp" of fan ownership with the Foundation of Hearts poised to take charge.

In a statement published to the club website, she said: "As stated earlier this week, we have utilised the Government’s Job Retention Scheme and furloughed the majority of non-football employees. A number of staff continue to work, albeit from home. They are carrying out a number of essential functions, including planning for the return of football, keeping in touch with supporters, essential maintenance and importantly ensuring the wellbeing of our employees.

"I would like to make it clear that no employee, whether furloughed or working, at any level in the club has been asked to take a 50 per cent cut. The majority of cuts fall below 30 per cent. Some employees have very kindly offered to take larger cuts or in some cases to forgo their salaries entirely. We should add that we are now investigating the implications of the Job Retention Scheme for our casual workers. We are absolutely delighted at the support received from staff.

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It does feel like that. Desperate to get to the start of August so it kicks off then they will turn round and say "sorry we cant just stop the league and start again." Then negotiate down compensation. People have also said on here that Doncaster is due a hefty bonus when the league kicks off from the Sky deal.

He’s not, he had a performance related rise last year from £297k to £388k after he secured this deal. It feels like they’ve been time wasting for the last few months.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

My understanding is that only Premiership clubs have requested to be allowed to train. The Government don't care whether a team is in the Championship and have just granted permission to those that want it at this stage.

The Scottish Government or Jason Leitch anyway have had meetings with the SFA/SPFL. I doubt if Leitch would be that bothered if we trained but it looks to me like Doncaster only asked for the top league to be allowed as the league was starting in August, only two started when it was first allowed, Celtic were one funnily enough. So he’s helped Celtic get back when they wanted and we’ve not been able to train. Whether it’s worth £500k for us to be back training possibly 3 months before we play a game is up for discussion, especially when if we are reinstated the league will need to make an allowance for us. 

John Findlay

It's simple. If the arbitration panel find in our favour and say our expulsion is wrong and we are still an SPL team then we are re-instated, it is then upto the SPFL how they put that into practise, but do it they must, it is in effect the decision of the court.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

If the SPFL think a delay would benefit them in some way, then it would certainly suggest they have a problem rather than having cause for confidence in their chances of a win. Just as with the documentary evidence, if it showed them to be in the clear they would surely have been keen to present it, if they feel/know they have us over a barrel, the sooner they put us there, the sooner they can get on with their Premiership business. The promoted clubs in particular would surely benefit from the certainty of their places in the higher leagues. In short, if the SPFL have any sort of winning case, or a better chance than we have, it is in their interest to get it heard as quickly as possible. 

Of course, there is no certainty that anyone is deliberately causing a delay, or, indeed, that there is a delay. It is also possible that any delay might be because of the chosen legal minds, ours and/or theirs, being legitimately unavailable until next week (or whenever).

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

As this is working day 7 since LC instructed arbitration to commence, as we have NOT reverted back so far to the CoS? It’s supposed to start in anger tomorrow according to the media.  The debate will have started. But if the Panel of 3 have all the paper work and the submissions, and in all probability will have gone over it with a fine tooth comb?  Which must have been invented in Fife otherwise it would have been a teeth comb?

So if there has been any delaying tactic I think we would have had this bounced back, but its not in the SPFL interest to have this in the CoS as it would be held in public?  Dundee Utds QC Borland will no doubt try to slow the process down again, but that did not work well for him before?  There is still time for a rematch in the CoS but one would hope that an interdict to halt the season from starting will be invoked?

In my humble opinion I think the panel will be about 80% of the way to forming a judgement in law, and the other 20% is allowing all parties to either confirm that opinion or allow it to be changed on a technicality?  Notwithstanding evidence from individuals is a powerful tool.

After 3 days in the CoS Lord Clark wrapped up the proceedings at 1pm, By 2pm he had very eloquently gave an oral judgement, which in 5 minutes threw out Dundee United’s case that Borland spent 3 days filibustering over and have finished only an hour earlier. And then he confirmed in law that we had to go through the arbitration process and there was no way around it?  He then stated that all documentation must be provided and threw out both QC’s appeal because it would be difficult?  He then ascertained as we all expected that gamesmanship could be an issue and that time wasting might be key, so he yellow carded them even before the keeper faked injury or tying his shoe laces?

If you are telling me it was all 50/50 while Lord Clark went for his pre-deliberation shite between 1pm and 2pm that Friday?  He was so well prepared and read up; it was only about confirmation of a ruling?  And the written ruling was published within hours?  A ruling that others may refer to in future legal proceedings.   

I think if the referenced case law is there and is relevant to this case, and the documentation supports our argument or not, then the next few days will be about corroborating that evidence with witness testimony, and interpretation.  Thus I believe the panel will already in the embryonic stages of forming a conclusion based on legal precedent . It’s down to all parties to either firm up any conclusion beyond all reasonable doubt or argue which case law is more relevant than the other based on the providence of the evidence provided.

2 very good and fair posts.   Let's wait till we get some actual facts about the hearing before  we go into full "conspiracy/seethe" mode. 

Edited by Lone Striker

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )