SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

David McCaig
11 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

He’s independent of the SFA which convenes the arbitration panel. Is that not the ‘independence’ they are referring to?

I think independence works both ways.

The tribunal has legal authority and will effectively be conducted as if it was at the Court of Session, the only major difference is lack of public access.

John Findlay
15 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Thanks for the clarification 👍

Heartsmad1874. There was not a unanimous agreement that the top flight can be ended. Two clubs ourselves and Sevco said no. The SPFL board changed the wording from Majority 10-2 to unanimous on the statement released to the media.

37 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

In Lawell's basement, isn't it? 

Surely his back passage 😎

22 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I can't  seriously work out why these clubs need to be represented at the tribunal, other than the propaganda value.

The case is against the SPFL and  if it comes down to "law" and the shenanigans of the Dundee vote and Doncaster's abuse of procedures, what are they spending all that money for? 

Hoping to filibuster again? Hearts and Partick Thistle have  not broken any laws, so what can their argument be?  It's not fair? 

REALLY!!!

I guess if it was the other way round there is no way we would trust the SPFL to defend our interest.

But they would have better advised not to get directly involved in the case, as Stranraer have chosen to do, and to let it play out. Losing their argument to have the case dismissed was an expensive mistake but it saved the SPFL from having to do it themselves.

By taking part in the arbitration they are bound by the final decision and have no real right of appeal.

I hope they do take part though and that the evidence against the SPFL leads to a point where the three of them join us in lobbying the panel for reconstruction as the only fair outcome.

Notwithstanding how they may have voted recently, I don't see United, Raith and Cove as the enemy. I wonder what conversations are going on behind the scenes to try to ensure we all get what we want.

John Findlay

I did a sponsored walk from Winchester prison to Kingston prison Portsmouth in aid of a little boy with cerebral Palsy.

It was 28 years ago and I was half the age and 5 stones lighter than I am now.

Took me 8hrs 45 mins to walk 33 miles.

Had blisters on both feet for days.

I strongly recommend they vaseline up both nipples and in between the tops of there legs and rectum region for the sweat that runs down your back.

Would also recommend taping round the feet too. Wear a very comfortable pair of training shoe.

Good luck boys. Enjoy you're welcome to Tynecastle.

BelgeJambo
39 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Belge we can meet up again in The Phoenix first, drop a few beers and then head off to the bridge to commence the action :biggrin2:  Always good to get behind the enemies lines early in the battle.

Good plan 😃

Trained One
30 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

a lot of ass chaffing. 

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I strongly recommend they vaseline up both nipples and in between the tops of there legs and rectum region for the sweat

Thank God I joined the Army.  You RAF and Navy types sound like you had fun😅

Ex member of the SaS
42 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I can't  seriously work out why these clubs need to be represented at the tribunal, other than the propaganda value.

The case is against the SPFL and  if it comes down to "law" and the shenanigans of the Dundee vote and Doncaster's abuse of procedures, what are they spending all that money for? 

Hoping to filibuster again? Hearts and Partick Thistle have  not broken any laws, so what can their argument be?  It's not fair? 

REALLY!!!

As I said earlier I think Doncaster has them fooled, he is always on about the clubs run things and he has nothing to do with this as it's the clubs who voted Etc. By using these clubs Doncaster can stay at arm's length. TBF the other clubs should also be involved under this scenario as it's the whole league who will pay when we win.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Trained One said:

Definitely more fun than you pongoes 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Definitely more fun than you pongoes 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Did you have a ship wife like they did in the old sailing ships?😉

1 hour ago, harrywragg said:

don't forget they'll need to be carrying a fair weight of water & quick carb supplies too -  good luck doing 18 hours on the Fife coastal path dodging Jambo snipers :rifle: 

Couple of years ago I did the Rob Roy mighty hike for mcmillan, a 26 mile hike, through not massively challenging terrain tbh. I did do some training for it as well, I did pretty well and recorded the 32nd fastest time of 1759 people, this took me 7 hours and 36 minutes.

Now given that I had a couple of breaks,I had trained, I had decent footwear that was pretty good. But I was done in after that.

These clowns think they can do double that, with no training, no support in 18 hours?? I will be surprised if they make it to 20 miles 

Hagar the Horrible
7 minutes ago, Trained One said:

Thank god I joined a debating society, I was going to join the armed forces but was talked out of it😉

Batistuta87
20 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The 18 hours will be taken from Google Maps directions, which comes out at just over 18 and a half hours for walking. Assumes walking at a steady pace the whole way, which would be fine for a short journey. Nae good when you twist your ankle and get a blister on your foot after 23 miles.

Aye, guarantee they've pumped the route into Google Maps and subtracted half an hour or so off the time its said because they think they walk fast. It'll take them a lot longer than 18hrs if they actually make it at all, because they don't seem to know their way around Fife (90% of the journey) or to have any sort of route planned out. God help them if they plan on walking the A92! 

Disco Dave
28 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Heartsmad1874. There was not a unanimous agreement that the top flight can be ended. Two clubs ourselves and Sevco said no. The SPFL board changed the wording from Majority 10-2 to unanimous on the statement released to the media.

I took it to mean the board was unanimous in their vote to call the premiership (given they were granted the powers)?

If they weren't doing it to raise funds for an arbitration battle with us I'd say good on the pair of them.

It probably won't be a "great laugh" like they think and will probably take a fair bit more than 18 hours but it's a good challenge and I don't share the belief that they won't manage.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Must be very soon as the SPFL assured the judge that it could be done very quickly

Could it already be underway ? 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

If they weren't doing it to raise funds for an arbitration battle with us I'd say good on the pair of them.

It probably won't be a "great laugh" like they think and will probably take a fair bit more than 18 hours but it's a good challenge and I don't share the belief that they won't manage.

Judging by the rhetoric from John McGlynn  Raith have pretty much come to at least an acceptance that they will be in the 1st Division next year?  By the time these two get to Kelty and stop for a shite, they will be chased back up the road to Dunndaeh, and DU wont be needing the money as they wont contest Arbitration.

If they make it to Tynecastle greet with a sign #Takeyourmedicine

Buit I would expect us to try, so best of luck to them, its not their fault their CEO is a self serving knob

7 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

I took it to mean the board was unanimous in their vote to call the premiership (given they were granted the powers)?

That's exactly what it meant but it's not how they spun it.

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, troy said:

Must be very soon as the SPFL assured the judge that it could be done very quickly

SPFL are habitual liars though 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, troy said:

Yes, they arbitrators have the right of anonymity, but I would expect they are reading up on the case notes, and the court ruling

Trained One
3 minutes ago, troy said:

I doubt it Troy.  Today was the deadline for sharing of documents. 

John Findlay
18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Did you have a ship wife like they did in the old sailing ships?😉

More than the one😉😉

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

No. One Stuart Robertson was against.

5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Yes, they arbitrators have the right of anonymity, but I would expect they are reading up on the case notes, and the court ruling

But if it’s to be completed by 15/07 it does not leave much time 

Guess The Crowd
14 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Sorry mate, probably a slip on your part but it wasn’t McIntyre who said it it was definitely Chris McLaughlin. I’ve just listened to the podcast again and he says “there isn’t time for morality or perceived fairness”.

As you quite rightly say it was a sound bite. I dismay at the SMSM as not only was the sound bite incorrect in so many ways - see my earlier post about the definition of the words morality and fairness - but BBC Scotland quoted it in their twitter feed promoting the podcast.  

It is important that wrongly attributed remarks are corrected. For Brandon Malone to have said that would make a complete mockery of the arbitration system, hence why he didn’t say it. For clarity  @Dusk_Till_Dawn

As for the rest of your post I agree entirely.

Absolutely correct. The strong inference was this quote had come from a legal brain, which was why i made a point of listening to the podcast. I've no idea who decided on the wording of that twitter feed - but let's just say it would have met the approval of the  presenter.

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, troy said:

But if it’s to be completed by 15/07 it does not leave much time 

No but all the documentation we have requested to see should be there by now, and we would want to go over it, and the arbitrators will need to see that to and read up on our arguement, and you can see how well prepped Lord Clark was, he was able to pick up spilled wine with a glass?

At worst we will be reviewing the documentation to se if our case is now stronger?  The Calpol 3 will be hoping nothing to see, but as they have not so far raised a penny to fight this, and time is not on their side?  We would have been half way there by now.

This can all turn sour, we have to expect that.  It might just be arrogance but Doncaster and Blair have not got an alternative fixture list ready if we are re-instated, they just kept repeating the party line, "we will deal with it if we have to?"

Its going to be a long stomach churning wait

5 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Absolutely correct. The strong inference was this quote had come from a legal brain, which was why i made a point of listening to the podcast. I've no idea who decided on the wording of that twitter feed - but let's just say it would have met the approval of the  presenter.

I was so annoyed after listening to the podcast when I had seen the quote listed. Chris McLaughlin is no more of a legal expert than you or I.  Would have suited the agenda of Kenny McIntyre 

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

REALLY!!!

If you were one of the 3 clubs would you trust the SPFL to look after your interests ? 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

If you were one of the 3 clubs would you trust the SPFL to look after your interests ? 

I’d be preparing my case against the SPFL for damages should they lose.

or coming up with a reconstruction proposal 😆 which 100% will pass if relegation is overturned or we win £8m in damages

BelgeJambo
11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I was so annoyed after listening to the podcast when I had seen the quote listed. Chris McLaughlin is no more of a legal expert than you or I.  Would have suited the agenda of Kenny McIntyre 

They were hurt on Saturday after Paul Reed dropped some bombshells on good old Uncle Dick.  My guess is they are trying to readdress that hit

I half suspect the clubs are trying to run down the clock in the hope that it's felt it's too late to change the decision and easier to just pay compensation.

(Remember our players haven't been legally allowed to train so there'd need to be an adjustment to allow usna pre-season too)

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’d be preparing my case against the SPFL for damages should they lose.

or coming up with a reconstruction proposal 😆 which 100% will pass if relegation is overturned or we win £8m in damages

Probably a far better use of their resources 

2 minutes ago, number-16 said:

I half suspect the clubs are trying to run down the clock in the hope that it's felt it's too late to change the decision and easier to just pay compensation.

(Remember our players haven't been legally allowed to train so there'd need to be an adjustment to allow usna pre-season too)

If the league requires to be put back from starting on Aug 1st it will be according to Doncaster ...

Should Hearts and Partick win, the current scheduled Premiership starts date of 1 August could be put back after the fixtures were published this morning, and Doncaster accepted that it’s an outcome they’d just have to deal with.

“We’re planning for a first of August start,” he said. “It’s absolutely imperative that that’s the earliest date we’re allowed to get competitive games back underway. Clearly we’ll deal with whatever eventuality arises.

tynietigers

I will repeat we are never winning 8mill because no fans are getting especially if a second wave hits 😬 2 mill max.

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

In Lawell's basement, isn't it? 

Think he’s got a wee basket under his desk too.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, number-16 said:

I very much doubt the clubs, or all but Celtic, would find it easier to 'just pay compensation' as that would, ultimately, come out of their own pockets, and this is why, I reckon, Dundee United are so scared of the tribunal result. They will fear that the rest, all those that were just as self-serving as they were, would decide to do away with promotion rather than go through the bother of reconstruction or to fork out £10m. And they will all be pretty certain that United don't have the readies to go to court or arbitration, so a minimal compensation package would probably suffice.

manaliveits105
7 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Been Donkeys game plan all along but called out as soon as Ann asked to head reconstruction so fooled no one but we had to plod along the path to end up at court - expect feet dragging over next week or two then claims of aw its too late to change now and clubs are skint - they need pursued without mercy now - feck em all 

Ex member of the SaS

I think we are hoping for arbitration to open up all the dirty deeds, BUT I think Calpol 3 won't get the funds and they will withdraw leaving us the winner by default. The SPFL can say they would have won had the Calpol 3 had the money to contest, so no one won and Hearts / Partick are still the bad boys.

We may well get what we want but the bad feeling won't go away and we need to treat the rest of the league ( with a few exceptions ) with disdain.

hughesie27

Didn't some supporters from Dunfermline walk to Tynie one match day. How long did that take?

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, number-16 said:

The whole thing is a ruse and has been since the Dundee vote.
We’re going to get mugged off imo.
I don’t trust a single person involved with Scottish football from top to bottom. 
It’s bent as ****.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Didn't some supporters from Dunfermline walk to Tynie one match day. How long did that take?

Sure some Hearts Supporters walked from fife to Tynecaste to raise money for save our Hearts

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

The 18 hours will be taken from Google Maps directions, which comes out at just over 18 and a half hours for walking. Assumes walking at a steady pace the whole way, which would be fine for a short journey. Nae good when you twist your ankle and get a blister on your foot after 23 miles.

Doesn't count stopping for food and water (read: beers), and what to do when you've been walking from sunrise to sunset and you're still nowhere near your destination :lol: 

I walked non stop from my flat in Dalry Road, at the time, to Haddington. I think that's 17 miles and it took me exactly 5 hours. 

Mind you, that was aged 19, in early 1988 and about a stone and a half ago. 

Does anyone know if players would have any claims against the SPFL? Given the individual players earning potential was directly affected by the SPFL vote and subsequent decision not to start the Championship until October. Could these players argue that the SPFL has taken away their chance of bonuses and pay increases. 

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Believe me, the walk from Dundee centre to Leuchars, a route they may have to take, is a nightmare. 

Mind you i doubt they'll be half smashed, carrying a kebab and regretting the fat burd they just sneaked away from😁😁

Have you met a Dundee United fan before? :whistling:

Would make the walk infinitely more interesting though! :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I think we are hoping for arbitration to open up all the dirty deeds, BUT I think Calpol 3 won't get the funds and they will withdraw leaving us the winner by default. The SPFL can say they would have won had the Calpol 3 had the money to contest, so no one won and Hearts / Partick are still the bad boys.

We may well get what we want but the bad feeling won't go away and we need to treat the rest of the league ( with a few exceptions ) with disdain.

I'm beginning to think this could happen too as there's still no sign of them even starting up their crowdfunding as yet. Surely they would be getting this set up asap?

Its been mentioned before in this thread, but I reckon arbitration will very quickly come to the point where it is accepted we have a case, and DUFC, RR and CR will immediately sense that and align themselves with us to make the decision be forced reconstruction.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

REALLY!!!

Like you, I can't understand it, it's almost as though they have decided that, just because they could, they were going to fight it all the way but have realised, too late, that it really isn't their fight but just have to keep going. This, and the realisation they voted the wrong way twice, must really give them sleepless nights.

They might eventually end up on the 'winning' side - only to discover they haven't actually won anything; but are a little bit poorer than they needed to be.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )