SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Don't know if this has been posted previously but I have just listened to the BBC Scotland football podcast with Tom English who mentioned that some league chairman have said that if Hearts win compensation that several clubs will go bust. What were these idiots thinking about when they voted against reconstruction. I have absolutely no sympathy for them. 

They assumed we'd roll over and take it like all Scottish football clubs bar the sectarian brothers have been conditioned to do. But we didn't, and even if we fail, I'll be proud we at least spat our medicine back in their faces. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

There is something inherently wrong with an SFA list. The names should be provided by an independent body that serves the football authorities when required. Not on a list known already by the SFA. Unless I have it wrong.

The SFA list is a standing list, not something they've just thrown together to deal with this case specifically.  It comprises many current and retired legal professionals.  In fact, I believe that the QC who is representing us is on the SFA panel.

I know a lot of people are suspicious or concerned that the panel might not be impartial, but believe me, you should not worry about the integrity of the panel members or of the ability of the SPFL to exert influence over them.

Also, this case was referred to arbitration by Lord Clark and could end up back in front of him if there is any funny business. 

7 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Don't know if this has been posted previously but I have just listened to the BBC Scotland football podcast with Tom English who mentioned that some league chairman have said that if Hearts win compensation that several clubs will go bust. What were these idiots thinking about when they voted against reconstruction. I have absolutely no sympathy for them. 

Absolutely incredible when you think about it.

Hope any demise is slow and painful.

henryheart
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

It wasn't Malone who made that comment, it was McIntyre, so it's only a soundbite, with no weight of legal expertise behind it.  The OP stated it was Malone, but he is mistaken.  @Ethan Hunt has also pointed this out to the OP.  

Fairness will very much come into the proceedings, part of our claim will be that the actions taken by the SPFL and / or other member clubs amounts to 'unfair prejudice'.  A lot of people getting confused about legality, thinking we need to uncover a bribe or something else that is obviously illegal.  But unfair prejudice is a breach of company law.  We'll be arguing that the very act of putting forward a proposal that would have serious consequences for certain clubs was both unfair, and prejudicial to those clubs.

I'm in no better position to call this than anyone else on this forum, but my confidence level is higher after Lord Clark upheld our petition for the release of documents than if he had rejected it.  The very fact that the opposing QCs put up very feeble arguments to try and avoid disclosure tells me they are concerned that there is something there that will strengthen our case.

Keep the faith!

Indeed. I've enjoyed reading what others on here have had to say (some more than others, obviously), and chipped in here and there, but at the end of the day we don't really know what is going on behind closed doors. The reaction of the clubs, the SPFL and Hearts/Partick is maybe the best benchmark to where this may be going, and I'm saying that simply on the basis that they are getting professional advice from experts who will have scrutinised the rights and wrongs.

Ann Budge is not stupid and the well being of the club's finances form the key part of her exit strategy; she would not throw good money after bad. The 'promoted' three are clearly in panic mode and it may be they have been told that if they don't challenge this the panel will have little difficulty in seeing things from our perspective - they have to try and put a few spanners in the works as a distraction. Finally, the SPFL has sent a number of mixed messages. It did not want documents circulated - why? Surely if everything was done by the book it would be perfectly happy to reveal all? The clarion call to clubs to support the case came across as written in panic and an attempt at bullying. On the other hand the apparent failure to seek out of court resolution and the publication of fixtures shows either total confidence or blind arrogance - I don't know which.

On balancing the reactions we look to be marginally ahead, but who can tell?

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I would say 95% of the BBC Glasgow, I mean Scotland, journalists and pundits have been pro SPFL, if not pro SPFL, them most certainly anti Heart of Midlothian and Ann Budge.

Agreed.

And even worse, more than a few of them have been sneering and insulting, and more than happy to encourage an aggressive reaction from clubs and listeners/readers against Ann Budge in particular.

They should be ashamed.

18 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Yeah, Rangers have hated that idiot for almost 5 years believe they initially banned him after unbalanced reporting as you say in regards to fan arrests or something like that.

I hope we follow suit and ban clowns like him, we don’t need the BBC at our ground or covering our matches.

Tom English will welcomed with open arms at Tynecastle, he's fought our corner (Partick and Stran) since the beginning. Was gutted he did not get the chance to interview Dongcaster and that this was left to the Aberdeen Muppet. Agree with The Sun and Record (particularly KJ, welt) being banned.

JamboAl1965

where the crowdfunding page for the Calpol 3. thought it would have been up and running quickly. cant seek links in club sites, an indication its failing already??

21 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Hope Elgin and Ayr are two of them 

Spellczech
2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Agreed.

And even worse, more than a few of them have been sneering and insulting, and more than happy to encourage an aggressive reaction from clubs and listeners/readers against Ann Budge in particular.

They should be ashamed.

TBF if I was a neutral or my team was not affected I wouldn't be too happy about Hearts position. We do look a bit self-seeking whilst calling other clubs out for being self-seeking...It is only if you consider the bigger picture of how much of a failure Doncaster has been, how dodgy the Dundee situation looked, how much the SPL needs change as it winds its way to utter irrelevance...However, the journos buy into the idea that the title belongs to the OF forever and always. They may be right - Freedom of contract, Sky, Bosman and the internet pretty much killed off the chances of any other club being able to build a winning team. We actually need more changes than just a bigger top league - we need a total rethink about how to level the playing field somewhat.

Rangers fans I know believe the league needs reconstruction, but that is probably self-interest in itself as they are struggling to compete too - they only seem to play until January, and if they lost Morelos, they'd unlikely be in it that long...

3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

The difficult part is liars lie (and being economical withe truth is lying -you can lie by omission).

Let's hope someone slips up or, and I admit this is a long shot,  someone comes clean.

Could we put the SPFL QC on the stand (so to speak) and ask him some searching questions?

Libertarian
Just now, rory78 said:

Hope Elgin and Ayr are two of them 

That would be poetic justice for the way their chairmen have behaved. I can't believe how bloody thick these guys are. 

18 minutes ago, suds66 said:

I hope it's sudden.

Half the league all deid in a week.

Feck these roasters.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
40 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yeah, for - what Rangers described as - “misleading and unbalanced reporting”. To be honest I can’t remember any of the circumstances around that dispute but what I will say is I consider his coverage of of this debacle to be misleading and unbalanced in relation to Hearts and Partick Thistle. He throws in a few “I have sympathy” lines now and again but - in the main - the manner of his reporting has been pro SPFL. 

Don’t know much about McLaughlin. I will say this though - when the Huns talk about ‘misleading and unbalanced reporting’, it normally means that someone is telling the truth. They don’t cope well with the truth at Rangers. Much happier with fairytales.

2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Could we put the SPFL QC on the stand (so to speak) and ask him some searching questions?

I don't think our QC can directly question him, but could direct responses to him via the panel, who could in turn put questions to their QC.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Interesting to hear Nelly D on Sky yesterday desperate to say that this was of no ones making. 

Well it was,  him and his misguided board conflated issues and hidden agendas. 

But he is correct that this is not the fault of the Calpol 3 or the chosen 3

south morocco

Maybe a daft question If Hearts choose say Mr A, would Mr A know he was chosen by us or are they just all put together blind so to speak therefore completely unaware.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

They can't though.  Lord Clark recognised that timing was of the essence and set aside time to return to the CoS later this month if necessary.  If the SPFL are stupid enough to try delaying tactics, or obstruct the operation of the panel, the panel has the right to refer it back to Lord King, who could hold the SPFL in contempt (like most people do tbf)..

I know they can't but the SPFL have been getting away with "murder" for so long they will act as they normally do as they know no other way.

Lord Clark will be looking on closely but I think I am right that the time he allocated was 14-16th July and I suspect we will not have started Arbitration by that point, which will not be of Hearts/PTs making.

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Don’t know much about McLaughlin. I will say this though - when the Huns talk about ‘misleading and unbalanced reporting’, it normally means that someone is telling the truth. They don’t cope well with the truth at Rangers. Much happier with fairytales.

I had a look into thoe claims when they surfaced and I must say Rangers (when compared to Celtic) are reported on much more negatively. 

Most of that they have brought in themselves mind you. 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Interesting to hear Nelly D on Sky yesterday desperate to say that this was of no ones making. 

Well it was,  him and his misguided board conflated issues and hidden agendas. 

But he is correct that this is not the fault of the Calpol 3 or the chosen 3

I agree, he always harks on about only doing what the clubs want.  Has he ever taken a decision?  Just puts it to the clubs to vote on, then when it goes tits up, it wasn't anything to do with him, it's what the clubs wanted.

I used to manage a team in my previous job (not a football team), and I would often consult with my team before arriving at a decision, just to get a range of views.  Many times I had a decision in mind that I altered having got the input of others, who may have pointed out to me any potential flaws.  Other times, I stuck to my instinct, but was at least satisfied that I had sought some counsel.  Whatever the case, when I made that decision, it was my decision, and I was wholly accountable for it.

If I had decided to put every decision to a team vote, then hide behind that if the decision turned out to be flawed, I'd have been out of a job.  Firstly, my team would have little respect for someone who continually delegated responsibility to them for decision making.  Secondly, my boss would not look favourably if I continually tried to duck the accountability for poor decisions by saying that's what my team voted for.  Yet Doncaster is paid close to £400k per annum for doing exactly that.  

SuperAustin
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What's their purpose? 

Must be help them with legal fees 

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What's their purpose? 

Fundraising for arbitration costs and choosing Tynecastle as a destination  because, well, cos they are as thick as s*it.

4 hours ago, Boof said:

Gave away the penalty for #6 :lol:

Image result for david jones dance gif

Looked like Sam Nic' got pulled down.  Number 11

Heartsmad1874
43 minutes ago, suds66 said:

I also hope its slow and painful but days like yesterday seeing DU, Raith and Cove air their possible demise through their tears/statement really gives me a sense of enjoyment and i always want more. Suppose we still have to see a demise of 30 odd other clubs :pleasing:

The guy on the right looks like he has previous for this kind of journey.
He was in the party that went to Mordor. This might in fact be the journey back to the Shire. 

Celtic1ICT3
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Welcome to JKB buddy, and thanks for your input.

I must admit, when I first glanced at your username I did think, here we go again, another interloper.  However, once I'd read it properly I realised you were not one of the great unwashed coming on to troll this forum.

I'm guessing you haven't read through this thread (I'm assuming you actually have a life, unlike a genuine interloper who appeared earlier), but fwiw, ICT is firmly on our 'good guys' list.  You may be even more pleased to know that the Staggies are on the 'wanks' list.

Rob - my analysis was without bias and based on the facts as known. The Tribunal will look at facts and if they conclude that the SPFL broke the Companies Act because they counted one vote after the deadline and a second amended vote from Dundee regardless of perceived wrongdoing, the decision in law could not stand. Yes, I have read a lot of this thread but a lot is based on emotion and subjectivity which will not form part of the judgement.

'rightful place'

for not finishing the season, aye?

Historically, your rightful place is probably League One you tinpot piece of shite. 🤣

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

I wonder if those clubs have written to Doncaster to express those concerns and demand a resolution is found asap

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

'rightful place'

for not finishing the season, aye?

Historically, your rightful place is probably League One you tinpot piece of shite. 🤣

exactly. What fekin rightful place ? 
go to the wall please. I’d never stop laughing if they have to stay in their division they never actually won legitimately. Cream myself if they actually go tits up

Exactly. 

How many times did we hear “why are we talking about reconstruction now?” Because of the clear injustice inflicted on Hearts and Thistle and the fact Budge said they would go down the legal route you idiots. 

They are either extremely stupid, extremely confident we will lose the case or thought Budge was bluffing. 

I think the chances of reinstatement are virtually nil but anything north of £2m compensation will be a victory. 

The thing that worried me about this was the fact that the same chairman was also asked for a witness statement for the arbitration process. He’s hardly going to be open and honest if he thinks his statement might end up with his club going bust. Let’s just say that this situation lends itself to witnesses backing the SPFL rather than giving an objective assessment. 

I love thinking of those clubs which voted purely in self interest now in full panic mode.  If any do go bust, I hope they've got a mirror.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Which, if they've any sense of self-preservation, is what they should already be telling Doncaster.

Are they willing to gamble the potential futures of their member club's, with a 50/50 arbitration choice? Or, rather than fiscally hurting them, force through reconstruction as an emergency board power.

The reality is; lose small short-term, or lose big forever.

Yip hard to believed the twats just don't get it  🤷‍♂️

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

The SFA list is a standing list, not something they've just thrown together to deal with this case specifically.  It comprises many current and retired legal professionals.  In fact, I believe that the QC who is representing us is on the SFA panel.

I know a lot of people are suspicious or concerned that the panel might not be impartial, but believe me, you should not worry about the integrity of the panel members or of the ability of the SPFL to exert influence over them.

Also, this case was referred to arbitration by Lord Clark and could end up back in front of him if there is any funny business. 

This is my biggest fear. I’m so cynical I can’t think otherwise.

If the panel find Dundee's vote was tampered with to relegate us then it would either have to result in compensation or reinstatement to the top tier which will impact on Dundee Utd either way. 

harrywragg
31 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

https://gf.me/u/yfjgvr

seen this on Facebook 😂

once they're South of Tayport and into Fife, they should be pelted with rotten tomatoes 

... turn it onto an endurance event for these 2 roasters 🍅

BelgeJambo
15 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

bunch of ******s. 

convinced me to put another £20 top up in FOH

1DDFA846-FE00-4266-A4E8-01DF7F9C26FF.gif

Ditto, just stuck 50 in myself

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I love thinking of those clubs which voted purely in self interest now in full panic mode.  If any do go bust, I hope they've got a mirror.

Some were moaning about reconstruction being temp and there'd be double relegation if the status quo returned. Some were greeting about having to travel to the Highlands. These chairman completely forgetting that their clubs death was the only certainty on the table if they didn't vote for it. They have all shot themselves in the foot. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )