SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Brick Tamland

The best analogy I can think of is that the clubs who voted against us, and especially the Calpol 3, all got themselves armed with grenades to throw at us but threw the pin instead and are now left holding a grenade which can destroy them at anytime...

I therefore have ZERO sympathy for the actions that may arise from this, no hard feelings though eh...

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

NaturalOrder74

I wouldn’t be surprised if celtic* come out with a sporting integrity statement and just fund it tbh 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Both Dundee and Dundee United's single league titles would have been lost after 30 games. Dundee United won their last 6 games in 1983 to overtake Celtic.

These kinds of examples can't be surfaced enough during this debate.

I hate that whole "you wouldn't have turned it around anyhow" argument.

Bull's-eye

Begging for cash in a case your quite possibly going to lose  :rofl:

Going public begging :rofl:

Ive struggled from the beginning to truly understand the logic and reasoning behind the way these votes have gone.

I understand now though, these owners/chairman or whatever youd like to call them, thick as ****ing Pig Shit to a man.... :rofl:

harrywragg

They've just realised their QC Borland will talk for a fortnight & rack up a fortune in expenses. Get it right up you!

Biffa Bacon
26 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Whatever became of those clubs who were offering to help DU/RR/CR financially, according to the Record?

I was wondering this, the promise of financial assistance seems to have evaporated, maybe the post is a bit slow due to vivid. Or maybe it's more made up lies from the DR.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

This is the Dundee utd who wanted Steve McLaren as manager ? Linked with the Dunfermline lad ?
here’s a solution-  Sell Shanklands if your that skint ffs. The FOH will give you £50k for him.
To you complete roasters at Tannadice and Starks Park ask yourselves this - who the fek is paying Stranraers legal fees ?

you wanted us relegated and never gave a fek by not voting for reconstruction so you can GTF and hope you wither and fold. 
what an embarrassment of a statement. Have they no pride ffs. 

Spot on mate let them curl up and die they had not a thought for us partick or Stranraer so **** them!

3 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if celtic* come out with a sporting integrity statement and just fund it tbh 

If they do, they will be in breach of SPFL rules.

Sporting integrity was 'do no harm'. Utd and Raith both knocked back the solution which offered no harm. 

**** them.

Brick Tamland
Just now, OTT said:

Sporting integrity was 'do no harm'. Utd and Raith both knocked back the solution which offered no harm. 

**** them.

Very much this

Guest ToqueJambo
50 minutes ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

Was it not 2 points for a win back then?

Yes, which makes it even harder to turn a 4 pt deficit around.

1 hour ago, Jambo314 said:

To all those smug clubs who thought they could walk all over us

giphy.gif

Brilliant.  I can't watch that without imagining Eddie Murphy's deep chuckle.

Fitba' broke my Heart

I don't know why DU, RR, and CR even got involved.

All they had to do was keep quiet and wait for the final decision.

All that they have done is accepted a shared financial liability of the SPFL decision to apply relegation to the Premier League.

They quite literally had nothing to gain.

I just don't get why they would voluntarily get involved.

All they had to do was take a breath, count to 10, and think what would Stranraer do?

WorldChampions1902
Just now, JAMBONI said:

Maybe they will apply for Legal Aid.

They can barely afford a Lucozade by the sounds of it!

7 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Surprised they haven’t already. It’s coming.

51 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Absolute sausage supper of a post this.  Spot on Doofy 👏👏👏

Sausage supper? Push the boat out man! Haggis supper, onion rings, a pickled egg - ach, **** it, a pineapple fritter too - all with lashings of chippy sauce and a generous sprinkling of salt.

41 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

On behalf of the Hearts support you should email this to the 3 clubs and the SPFL. 

Great post BTW

Agree - make sure the asterisks get taken out and replaced by the real swearies. Get it to the erseholes in the media too - some of them might be able to read most of it.

But on a serious note...great post, Doofy

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

All that they have done is accepted a shared financial liability of the SPFL decision to apply relegation to the Premier League.

All they had to do was take a breath, count to 10, and think what would Stranraer do?

This is all true which makes me think we have a higher chance of winning than I thought. If the SPFL and co really do have a good case, Hearts and PT will end up with the costs anyhow so why do this? And D Utd don't have to worry about no promotion if they have a good case.

I think they know the Dundee vote thing is on shaky ground and they are laying the ground work for forced reconstruction while at the same time keeping us and PT (but mainly us) as the main villains of the piece in the media.

D Utd and Raith will say "Well, we didn't think reconstruction was the way but Hearts have forced it on us as otherwise we'll go bust.."

Edited by ToqueJambo

Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

See when the SPFL asked for all the other league clubs to pile on and give Hearts & Partick a kick in at the court. This is exactly the reason why nobody took Doncaster up on his kind offer as it might cost them big bucks.

Now Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove asking the rest of the SPFL clubs to take the same risk again - the risk not one of them took up for the court case.

They have made their beds now they can lie in them.

I think the crowdfunding will get them their cash. To be honest it hope it does. Their argument is pretty irrelevant to our proceedings as they were the beneficiaries of SPFL incompetence, or worse. We are arguing about what the SPFL did, not what DU/RR/CR (other than voting against reconstruction) did. At least if DU/RR/CR are in the arbitration room there will be three other clubs who will see and hear for themselves the underhandedness that has went on. 

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Surprised they haven’t already. It’s coming.

Is it not against the rules to assist 1 club within the association to pursue a legal case against another association member? Surely its akin to ganging up on a member? 

Edited by TypoonJambo

32 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

There is no need for the Calpol 3 to be involved the SPFL are arguing their case.

I still don't get what Dundee United etc have to offer in defending the petition. What they can say that the SPFL can't. 

And Mr Moynihan QC for the SPFL is pretty decent. I listened to most of the case  and I thought he was okay. Just made the one error in threatening our expulsion under SFA rules though credit for being ballsy. 

I said at the time I could have presented Boreland's 2 hour plus case in 20 minutes. And he made a serious mistake in seeking a dismissal. 

Don't see the point something a lot of people are saying online. 

8 minutes ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

Yeah

What he said.

28 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

To the ‘gang of three respondents’, your statement is the worst of all statements in the Scottish Football statement wars that have raged since March!

You are pathetic you have no respect for other clubs, especially little Stranraer who can’t afford a legal team, welcome to their world. You have no chance of other clubs funding your losing battle.

Your statement gives the impression that

you know if you are not represented at the arbitration panel you will definitely lose. And if you are represented you will still most likely lose so you don’t want to risk your own money on legal fees!

I’d also suggest that not one of you has spent any money preparing for next season so that’s a ‘red herring’!

You should have listened and acted responsibly when there was a solution to have winners and no losers ..... too late now!!

Good point regarding Stranraer.  It's easy to forget the ones in the background that are also affected.  The dismal plea for help in the statements from the arsehole 3 should be seen as shameful.  

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Published: 3rd July 2020

Dundee United, Cove Rangers and Raith Rovers are pleased with and welcome Lord Clark's decision to refer the dispute, raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle, to arbitration. 

what a difference a day makes! 

with Doncaster on sky this morning and the calpol 3 releasing another joint statement just 3 days after the last contradicting fridays statement tells me something is up.

f them all 🇱🇻🇱🇻

I get that very same feeling.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is all true which makes me think we have a higher chance of winning than I thought. If the SPFL and co really do have a good case, Hearts and PT will end up with the costs anyhow so why do this? And D Utd don't have to worry about no promotion if they have a good case.

I think they know the Dundee vote thing is on shaky ground and they are laying the ground work for forced reconstruction while at the same time keeping us and PT (but mainly us) as the main villains of the piece in the media.

This has been my thinking too. Drag the promoted 3 into it, they find they can't afford to fight it so we win by default, reconstruction happens and Hearts are the big baddies, not the SPFL? 

11 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Celtic could send them one of their strikers to assist in the provision of lucozade.

26 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Raith Rovers  Dundee United and Cove Rangers should have been standing shoulder to shoulder with Hearts and Partick Thistle supporting reconstruction and for justice to be done. Instead they chose selfishness and greed. I haven't any sympathy for them 

Pretty much where I’m at. They would have lost out in a very small way, financially, by voting for reconstruction, compared to our losses but helped throw us to the wolves. **** them. They can rot. 

Edited by GinRummy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

You can chuck into the mix, that the documentation is a big worry for them, otherwise the Calpol three would have gone all in, but as they had to be persuaded to continue or as Moynahan put it...your oot ra geme!

I think there thought that the arbitration would be a skoosh and the SPFL can cover it all up,  The tide has turned and the wind is favourable

Oot of the game,  I believe is the critical line. 

It was the perfect exhibition of how this members asociation has been run.

Intimidation and without due respect and care, greed and power are everything. 

Judge Clark has noted that well, evidence enough that a proper look was required. 

The mistake they all made,  they assumed we were potless. They didn't think we could contest it.

Generously we showed our hand.

Our benefactor was not only unmasked,  he funded every single club,  they all accepted the cash,  no doubt with a wry smile. 

The ignorance,  the spite,  the self indulgent self righteous attitudes,  well they are coming home to roost.

3 clubs for the moment. 

Compensation package and they all fall. 

Stupidity beyond words, stupidity beyond comprehension when a solution was simple and inexpensive and beneficial to many more. 

30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I would agree if other clubs (and even some Hearts fans) weren't justifying this decision by saying there's no way we'd turn around 4pts in 8 games and the we were the worst team in the league.

Yes, we were the worst team after 30 games, but we were not the worst after 1-18 games, 23 games and 28 games. Loads of other teams have been the worse team at various points of the season. The point about St Johnstone was a ) that they were the worst team longer than us and so are fortunate the pandemic happened when it did and b )  they turned around their form and league position dramatically within an 8 game period - going from 2 pts adrift at the bottom to four points clear with two games in hand.

Let's look at Werder Brehmen, 4 points away from safety when Bundesliga was paused,  gained enough points for relegation playoff place.
Charlton would have went down under PPG currently 2 points and 3 places above relegation zone.

St Mirren bottom with 8 games to play last year

35 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The SPFL have no case then nor any mandate from the other clubs, if the calpol 3 wont fight it, then the law says they were in the wrong and we win, its that binary?  there is no, small guy victory in a corporate fight, there is no A few Good men style movie, Tom Cruise is not squeeking to victory in his platform trainers, No Erin Broncivic having Julia Roberts winning against the corporation.

This is real life, if the Calpol 3 want promotion then there will be a huge cost to them and perhaps every other club!

What, then, would be the outcome? Compensation or reinstatement?

Diadora Van Basten
12 minutes ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

Yes they got a bit too excited probably spurred on by the Glasgow media and got involved when they really didn’t need too but then again this wasn’t there first mistake. Their first mistake was opposing reconstruction.

franco2209
56 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

There is a reason why the SPFL refer to the percentage of votes in favour rather than stating that the resolution passed!!!

Excellent spot.bravo👍

33 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

“IF” reconstruction is offered I would be severely tempted to say stick that up yer arse.

In all the way and expose the whole rats nest from top to bottom.

I'd accept it if it was an open vote and held within 2 days of request, or sooner.  Then again I want maximum damage and clarity on the SPFL board and any collaborators.

:peace:

16 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

😁

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Riiiiiiiiiggghhhtttto

Bin this tube.

👋

Seethe is strong on that one 🤣

henryheart

I'm puzzled. I seem to remember on Friday evening reading in the press that Hearts and Partick had lost their case and that the SPFL was happy with the decision?  Perhaps this should be re-phrased as the SPFL except DUtd, RR and Cove, as these three have had a Richard Gordon moment and the penny has now dropped. They may also now see that collectively the SPFL out of nothing more than bullish pride has buried its head in the sand and passed the point of no return, with them as the potential sacrificial lambs. They also now see what we have been faced with since the word go - it is dog eat dog and the SPFL as an organisation the majority of its member clubs simply don't care about the consequences for others; they are on their own on this one.  

36 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

“IF” reconstruction is offered I would be severely tempted to say stick that up yer arse.

I’m Inclined to agree with you VM. Just to expose the corruption that’s rife within the SPFL 

Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers can go **** themselves.

I've no sympathy. Why? Because they voted against league reconstruction. They got what they wanted and they pulled the ladder up. Had they voted for reconstruction, this would be a different debate.

They thought they could have it all - benefiting from calling the season early without offering ANYTHING to the teams being shafted.

Oh what a pity they now feel their toes getting burnt because Hearts and Partick Thistle DARE fight this injustice.

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Seethe is strong on that one 🤣

It used to be quite hard to spot the ****ing tits. They're not even trying these days.

😀

37 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Nah, I liked the suggestion a few weeks back that we make a banner and display it at each home game reminding them all that they took the Gorgie Boaby for £50,000!

Brick Tamland
8 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Celtic could send them one of their strikers to assist in the provision of lucozade.

under rated post 

husref musemic

in the light of the panhandling 3 statements, i think the SPFL (members org) may try to encourage another legal pile on.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I still don't get what Dundee United etc have to offer in defending the petition. What they can say that the SPFL can't. 

And Mr Moynihan QC for the SPFL is pretty decent. I listened to most of the case  and I thought he was okay. Just made the one error in threatening our expulsion under SFA rules though credit for being ballsy. 

I said at the time I could have presented Boreland's 2 hour plus case in 20 minutes. And he made a serious mistake in seeking a dismissal. 

Don't see the point something a lot of people are saying online. 

Remember when the donkey told the SPFL clubs that if they wanted to see the documentation in support of their CoS case then they had to become respondents themselves.

I suspect that the Calpol 3 may have seen some of the documentation that HMFC & PT have asked for and have have shit the bed. They lost their Dismissal in the CoS and now see a complete storm heading their way and their odds of winning are between NONE and S.F.A.

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Look mate. If we had played the remaining 8 games and gone down, not one Hearts fan would have an issue with it. We were bottom deservedly so after 3/4 of an awful season brought about by 2 years of mismanagement, poor recruitment decisions at all levels and massive waste of resources.

The BIGGER picture is the season wasn’t finished. There were still 8 games left, most of them were against immediate rivals. There were many options that could have been taken to avoid unfair and premature demotion. We could have restarted (we’d be half way through the split fixtures by now if we had waited) We could have reconstructed. we could have null and voided. All of those options could have been done with ‘no harm’ to any club

If your going to come on here discussing the bigger picture, at least realise what the bigger picture actually is. The big picture here is a corrupt game run by people vulnerable to pressure backed up by a draconian voting  system which not only ensures the status quo, it gives Albion Rovers Bowling Club the same say as a multi million pound business. Yet we’re not even fighting against all of that, as bad as it is. We’re fighting to reverse a ******* decision which had no basis in need to be taken, which was forced through by underhand means at every stage and is massively discriminatory and prejudicial to us, Partick and Stranraer.

if you can’t see the integrity angle here, you’re part of the bigger problem.

I'm in catch-up mode so haven't read your post until now.

Well done, a real cracker, one for the archives. I would have been proud to have made it, sums up my feelings perfectly.👍👏👏👏

Edited by upgotheheads

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bozi said:

Let's look at Werder Brehmen, 4 points away from safety when Bundesliga was paused,  gained enough points for relegation playoff place.
Charlton would have went down under PPG currently 2 points and 3 places above relegation zone.

St Mirren bottom with 8 games to play last year

I think the best one is still Leicester would have gone down the year before they won the league if it had been ended like this after 30 games.

This season Brighton were 2 pts off a relegation spot when football was stopped. They're now 9 pts clear.

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I'm puzzled. I seem to remember on Friday evening reading in the press that Hearts and Partick had lost their case and that the SPFL was happy with the decision?  Perhaps this should be re-phrased as the SPFL except DUtd, RR and Cove, as these three have had a Richard Gordon moment and the penny has now dropped. They may also now see that collectively the SPFL out of nothing more than bullish pride has buried its head in the sand and passed the point of no return, with them as the potential sacrificial lambs. They also now see what we have been faced with since the word go - it is dog eat dog and the SPFL as an organisation the majority of its member clubs simply don't care about the consequences for others; they are on their own on this one.  

I think the gravity of the situation they face and the high likelihood of losing is now dawning on them.

Independence
10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Riiiiiiiiiggghhhtttto

Bin this tube.

👋

Why? I love it! Its why H1b5 are here to give us continual fun. Just look at the results between the two clubs. A tad in our favour making it one of the most one sided derbies in the world. Thanks H1b5!

Calpol ain’t gonna be strong enough for these feckers delusional disorder. 
Doctor Budge should be stocking up on clozapine for the three of them. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )