SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

David McCaig
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

We are already at the CofS - we have already breached the rules, and have already had our letter from the SFA in this regard.

Although if Lord Clark deems that this case should stay at the COS we have broken no rules.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Although if Lord Clark deems that this case should stay at the COS we have broken no rules.

I'm sure he realises this.

He puts us back to the SFA in essense he puts us in the firing line for FURTHER sanctions

11 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Can the judge not tell Bore-land to STFU as he's already sent everyone to sleep with his tedious repetitive  ramblings?

I have absolutely no idea but as he is in effect the referee in this 1st round match. He may well be able to book or even send off a QC for time wasting.

Fultons Right Leg
51 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Best...C.O.S to hear the case at full hearing

Middle ground...sends to SFA for arbitration(still crap for us though)

Worst...Judge dismisses our petition as per DU, RR CR response.

Thereafter.

Even if it goes to a full hearing, many seem to think we still won't get our day in court because the SPFL will back down and try to force recon 14, 10, 10, 10 to avoid court. Budge would surely accept in a heartbeat.

A full hearing is a massive gamble for all concerned, but the best way to expose the SPFL publicly.

If we lost at full hearing, we're goosed and it's off to the Championship with a big court bill to pay.

If we win at full hearing, then it's anyone's guess what the Judge would order...anything from re-instatement to compensation. I still think a forced through recon would be the result there, because the SPFL couldn't afford the compo and they won't want to refuse promotion to DU, RR & CR(another court case).

I suspect arbitration would result in either a renewed resolution vote,(which we would lose comprehensively), or recon.

That's my unqualified take on it all.

Bang on if you ask me. 

Drumelzier
3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

We are already at the CofS - we have already breached the rules, and have already had our letter from the SFA in this regard.

Yip, might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb.

Sooperstar

How long are we expecting this to take today?

I missed almost all of yesterday. Can someone fill me in on what the Doncaster own goal was please?

• Moderators

As usual, in all our interests, no updates on the proceedings will be allowed whilst the court is in session. Any breaches of that ( including members trying to be ‘clever’) will likely result in the thread being locked for the duration and action against members. 

19 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Please correct me here but all I seem to remember was that the "red tops" said that the SFA were going to/ had written to us but I cannot remember Hearts of Partick Thistle (or anyone else) stating that they have received a letter from the SFA. 

A quick google search and I found these so sorry in advance as they are red tops

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8438407/Scottish-FA-set-write-Hearts-Partick-Thistle-10m-legal-case-against-SPFL.html

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/scottish-fa-write-hearts-and-partick-thistle-over-decision-take-legal-action-against-spfl-2890442

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-contact-hearts-partick-thistle-22222264

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5718546/sfa-hearts-partick-thistle-articles-of-association-spfl-court/

In before the lock woop woop

Edited by 7628mm

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I missed almost all of yesterday. Can someone fill me in on what the Doncaster own goal was please?

I would imagine most of morning at least, The Judge picked up on their QC saying we could be booted out basically and suggested to the QC that may suggest it could be dealt with by court.

Summarising above but along those lines.

Cruickie's Moustache

Can't help thinking Boreland and Moynihan can't/won't be able to add much more to what they have said already.

Boreland seems to be intent on boring Lord Clark into submission by covering the same ground again and again.

I know they have be impartial and take the emotion out of it but you have to hope Lord Clark is tired of the guy's voice in the same way we are.

I think by now Lord Clark already knows which way he would like to go. (Which way I don't know)

The weekend might be him just reviewing matters to ensure he is right to do so.. 

Sooperstar
1 minute ago, steve123 said:

I would imagine most of morning at least, The Judge picked up on their QC saying we could be booted out basically and suggested to the QC that may suggest it could be dealt with by court.

Summarising above but along those lines.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If it goes to trial him & Nelms  will be called - Hearts' QC said as much. 

Is the BBC documentary still filming?! Jeez - someone could make a fortune selling tickets to watch Doncaster in the stand. 

11 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Correct

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Not a Doncaster own goal, but I think there have been a couple of errors by Gerry Moynihan representing the SPFL.  Firstly trying to blame Hearts for delaying proceedings, which Lord Clark immediately seemed to be wise to and the ‘oot the gemme’ comment.

GMEdinburgh
17 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Have we actually had the letter from the SFA though or just paper talk, I can't recall Hearts mentioning this as I've asked on here a few times as nothing in the Hearts, Partick or SFA websites at that time. 

Edited by GMEdinburgh
spelling

Sooperstar
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Not a Doncaster own goal, but I think there have been a couple of errors by Gerry Moynihan representing the SPFL.  Firstly trying to blame Hearts for delaying proceedings, which Lord Clark immediately seemed to be wise to and the ‘oot the gemme’ comment.

Thanks.

Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I do hope Lord Clark agrees., It’s the one line from the whole proceedings that genuinely wound me up a bit. It was just far too illuminating and indicative of the attitude of those he is representing. 

Weegie football arrogance where they believe it’s all about Glasgow, and everyone else must simply fall in line, as they do what they want. Do as you are told, no matter the fairness of the situation, or we will kick you out our wee gang-hut.

Regardless of the result, I am so proud of Budge and HMFC for taking this to court. This is the first time a club (two clubs) have actually stood up and told these arseholes that enough is enough. The “gemme” up here is run for the benefit of two clubs and two clubs alone. The entire system and structure is designed to keep it that way: 

OF representation on all the boards.

Officials who referee games involving the Old Firm differently.

Hampden is “the heart of Scottish Football” - with a Rangers end and a Celtic end.

The 11-1 voting system.

The small top division playing everyone at least three times, making a challenge from outside Glasgow much harder.

The power these two clubs have over their competitors through their supporter numbers and smaller clubs banking on them as part of their turnover (something that clubs have admitted played a part in them voting against restructuring).

The way the media backs them up and attacks anyone who dissents.

The entire system is designed to enshrine the interests and favour of two clubs. Everyone else must fall in line and do as they are told by the puppet authorities that are controlled by these two clubs. For Hearts to stand up and simply say “no”, “we do not accept what is being done to us” has made me infinitely proud. Whatever happens from this point on, these utter scumbags now know that at least one club will not just sit there and “accept their medicine” as they rip the heart and soul out of the game we love.

I’m actually quite optimistic that whatever the result, in years to come people will look back on what happened here, and actually see the truth behind why we are doing this, as well as seeing the tawdry ridiculousness of the set up we are battling against.

👍 Good post.  Scottish football in a nutshell. Completely Mickey Mouse, I used to get annoyed hearing that term from ‘down south’ pundits/fans/ex-pros etc. But they’re right. It’s pathetic. 

You could also add ‘manipulating fixtures’ to that list also. ****ing unbelievable for a professional organisation. 

Hopefully, as you say, this will let the public see what actually goes on with this shower of crap. 

lost in space
2 minutes ago, GMEdinburgh said:

Have we actually had the letter from the SFA though or just paper talk, I can't recall Hearts mentioning this as I've asked on here a few times as nothing in the Hearts, Partick or SFA websites at that time. 

I dont think either club have mentioned that they have received the letter. It was reported in the media (DR or Sun probably) but it is unlikely that they made this up - particularly since they reported that the letter came from the Compliance Officer and did not have a date when the clubs had to reply by.  

North Berwick Jambo

No need to close the thread , just take on board the warnings from the mods & we can all carry on discussing the situation like the previous  two days. 

Celtic fans have been dobbing in a certain twitter account.

Clearly shitting us winning this.

More technical issues with the video feed this time.

Seriously is it that ****ing hard to get highly paid QC's some decent internet, or a 4G modem? Amazed by this.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Hibs fans dialling in to court makes it more likely that there is public interest in this case.

They are useful at times.

heartsfc_fan
Just now, kila said:

More technical issues with the video feed this time.

Seriously is it that ****ing hard to get highly paid QC's some decent internet, or a 4G modem? Amazed by this.

He probably lives in a country house in the middle of nowhere with non existent broadband and mobile reception 😁

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

He probably lives in a country house in the middle of nowhere with non existent broadband and mobile reception 😁

40 ft antenna for his 4G modem would do the trick

Hungry hippo
7 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Amazed he's not done something to sort it by Day 3. Go to a relatives house for example.

9 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Doesn't need high speed broadband to watch afternoon repeats and the food he eats 

indianajones
21 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

After that i would advise locking this thread to save people from themselves.

what happened?

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

what happened?

I would imagine the judge has given a warning about posting things to the internet while the case is going on. 

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I do hope Lord Clark agrees., It’s the one line from the whole proceedings that genuinely wound me up a bit. It was just far too illuminating and indicative of the attitude of those he is representing. 

Weegie football arrogance where they believe it’s all about Glasgow, and everyone else must simply fall in line, as they do what they want. Do as you are told, no matter the fairness of the situation, or we will kick you out our wee gang-hut.

Regardless of the result, I am so proud of Budge and HMFC for taking this to court. This is the first time a club (two clubs) have actually stood up and told these arseholes that enough is enough. The “gemme” up here is run for the benefit of two clubs and two clubs alone. The entire system and structure is designed to keep it that way: 

OF representation on all the boards.

Officials who referee games involving the Old Firm differently.

Hampden is “the heart of Scottish Football” - with a Rangers end and a Celtic end.

The 11-1 voting system.

The small top division playing everyone at least three times, making a challenge from outside Glasgow much harder.

The power these two clubs have over their competitors through their supporter numbers and smaller clubs banking on them as part of their turnover (something that clubs have admitted played a part in them voting against restructuring).

The way the media backs them up and attacks anyone who dissents.

The entire system is designed to enshrine the interests and favour of two clubs. Everyone else must fall in line and do as they are told by the puppet authorities that are controlled by these two clubs. For Hearts to stand up and simply say “no”, “we do not accept what is being done to us” has made me infinitely proud. Whatever happens from this point on, these utter scumbags now know that at least one club will not just sit there and “accept their medicine” as they rip the heart and soul out of the game we love.

I’m actually quite optimistic that whatever the result, in years to come people will look back on what happened here, and actually see the truth behind why we are doing this, as well as seeing the tawdry ridiculousness of the set up we are battling against.

Thank you!  Nice wee reminder about the bigger picture here.  While we are (rightly) all guns blazing at the Ross Counties and Brechin Cities of this world, the untouchables behind the power structures in Scottish Football need their statues toppled.

indianajones
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would imagine the judge has given a warning about posting things to the internet while the case is going on. 

Ah right. Makes sense. 

Boyces beard
3 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Trying to access this but keeps saying code invalid or meeting not started yet?

137 639 2631 #

4 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Trying to access this but keeps saying code invalid or meeting not started yet?

Delete

Edited by WalterEgo

the jambo poet

how long does it take to be prompted when dealing the number? I get through, hear nothing then I get cut off?

No need to close this thread yet. We got through Wednesday and Thursday no problem. Any posters who breach what has been asked of them, will **** it for us all and be dealt with. You're all adults, so that should be enough.

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, the jambo poet said:

how long does it take to be prompted when dealing the number? I get through, hear nothing then I get cut off?

Says Welcome to Webex enter your access code, 1376392631##.

jamtartan74
2 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

137 639 2631 #

Cheers buddy I’m in

2 minutes ago, WalterEgo said:

New number today 137 926 2679#

thats the number i was trying but wouldn’t work. Got it now though from above number 👍🏻

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )