SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 minutes ago, the jambo poet said:

how long does it take to be prompted when dealing the number? I get through, hear nothing then I get cut off?

Sounds like you're maybe missing a digit and dialling some random international number that'll cost you a fortune :ninja:

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

the jambo poet
2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Says Welcome to Webex enter your access code, 1376392631##.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Sounds like you're maybe missing a digit and dialling some random international number that'll cost you a fortune :ninja:

cheers guys, oops...the number I have is 02076608149 don't tell me it's the fax ? lol

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What time does the MC announce the verdict?

Split decision? Rematch in Eddie Hearns garden?

Midloth_Iain
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would imagine the judge has given a warning about posting things to the internet while the case is going on. 

whats to stop Celtic, Hibs or fans of other clubs doing likewise in a deliberate attempt to 'sabotage' the hearing ?

hughesie27
Just now, Ruud Krol said:

whats to stop Celtic, Hibs or fans of other clubs doing likewise in a deliberate attempt to 'sabotage' the hearing ?

A contempt of court charge.

3 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

A contempt of court charge.

:spoton: 

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would imagine the judge has given a warning about posting things to the internet while the case is going on. 

Anyone know what if any is the rationale for this? I can understand in a jury trial a concern that the jurors might be influenced but in this case how can comments on here or in the media affect the process or outcome?

Edited by Francis Albert

John Findlay

Is Bobby Prentice on a mazy run up the left wing yet?

Edited by John Findlay

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Anyone know what if any is the rationale for this? I can understand in a jury trial a concern that the jurors might be influenced but in this case how can comments oh here or in the medial affect the process or outcome?

It doesnt matter- its a catch all- the hearing is "live"

hughesie27
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'll need that old joke explained when court isn't sitting.

Aye me too. Dublin?

Just now, upgotheheads said:

All these clicks and bangs, is that Somebody's mouse?

Would that not be a scratch scratch squeak squeak?

Francis Albert
Just now, doctor jambo said:

It doesnt matter- its a catch all- the hearing is "live"

Understand it is the law but just wondered why. I guess if we had something like the First Amendment in the States the law would be different.

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, Locky said:

No need to close this thread yet. We got through Wednesday and Thursday no problem. Any posters who breach what has been asked of them, will **** it for us all and be dealt with. You're all adults, so that should be enough.

All adults? Are you new to JKB?

Edited by Francis Albert

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Understand it is the law but just wondered why. I guess if we had something like the First Amendment in the States the law would be different.

I imagine its a hangover of the way a court case normally happens, when those present are unable to message what is happening in court (stopping phones etc.) So the law still stands if it is doing it via the internet and listening in.

Spellczech

This is like standing outside the stadium of a closed-door match...I think I heard some noise from the few people allowed in, but I cannot be sure.

davemclaren
Just now, Spellczech said:

This is like standing outside the stadium of a closed-door match...I think I heard some noise from the few people allowed in, but I cannot be sure.

Except everyone is allowed in. 😎

Back to 2005
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I was outside Easter Road when Pointon scored. Mind you we lost that one in the end....

1 minute ago, kila said:

Whenever I hear a creaking chair during a video conference, I get this old video my head:

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! Absolutely brilliant. Thank you for that. 🙏

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I do hope Lord Clark agrees., It’s the one line from the whole proceedings that genuinely wound me up a bit. It was just far too illuminating and indicative of the attitude of those he is representing. 

Weegie football arrogance where they believe it’s all about Glasgow, and everyone else must simply fall in line, as they do what they want. Do as you are told, no matter the fairness of the situation, or we will kick you out our wee gang-hut.

Regardless of the result, I am so proud of Budge and HMFC for taking this to court. This is the first time a club (two clubs) have actually stood up and told these arseholes that enough is enough. The “gemme” up here is run for the benefit of two clubs and two clubs alone. The entire system and structure is designed to keep it that way: 

OF representation on all the boards.

Officials who referee games involving the Old Firm differently.

Hampden is “the heart of Scottish Football” - with a Rangers end and a Celtic end.

The 11-1 voting system.

The small top division playing everyone at least three times, making a challenge from outside Glasgow much harder.

The power these two clubs have over their competitors through their supporter numbers and smaller clubs banking on them as part of their turnover (something that clubs have admitted played a part in them voting against restructuring).

The way the media backs them up and attacks anyone who dissents.

The entire system is designed to enshrine the interests and favour of two clubs. Everyone else must fall in line and do as they are told by the puppet authorities that are controlled by these two clubs. For Hearts to stand up and simply say “no”, “we do not accept what is being done to us” has made me infinitely proud. Whatever happens from this point on, these utter scumbags now know that at least one club will not just sit there and “accept their medicine” as they rip the heart and soul out of the game we love.

I’m actually quite optimistic that whatever the result, in years to come people will look back on what happened here, and actually see the truth behind why we are doing this, as well as seeing the tawdry ridiculousness of the set up we are battling against.

All 100% true but I would go further, it's more insidious than that

Clubs are now conditioned to go along with that. Most of the clubs fall in line because they want their crappy wee stadiums filled 3/4 times a season and are happy with the set up as it allows this.

Others like it because the voting system is protection from relegation as the league, as we've seen will never allow more clubs in it.

The rest believe that without them there is no "Scottish " Football, so again go along with it.

I loved Vlad for his exposure of this culture, if not his flamboyant style of putting it across.

However, Time after time we have had an opportunity for change and bottled it, the 11-1 vote proved that after Rangers went pop, We had an opportunity now ofc. Absolute shite bag of a nation across all fronts, Football is just an extension of the "shite bag culture" that seems to be unique to Scotland.

Fluorescent Adolescent
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Whenever I hear a creaking chair during a video conference, I get this old video my head:

Hahahahaha. Outstanding 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Coughing and spluttering 

Neil Doncaster's arse after this hopefully.

Whilst it is obvious that arbitration is better for Spfl- particularly for hiding Doncaster's corruption- is there any chance that an independent panel (if they were truly so) could somehow rule in hearts favour? What kind of person would the panel comprise of? Legal people? Chairmen? 

Just trying to imagine other potential outcomes

Edited by HMFSee

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Eric Morcambe

Playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the correct order?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, HMFSee said:

Whilst it is obvious that arbitration is better for Spfl- particularly for hiding Doncaster's corruption- is there any chance that an independent panel (if they were truly so) could somehow rule in hearts favour? What kind of person would the panel comprise of? Legal people? Chairmen? 

Just trying to imagine other potential outcomes

They certainly could but don’t hold your breath

It’s funny reading on here and then seeing twitter updates from places like pie and bovril who are certain we’ve lost. No one has a clue. 

pharmaceutical01
Just now, 7628mm said:

Playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the correct order?

Are you Andre Preview?

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )