SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

29 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

First of all let me apologise to all Jambos on here for all the information I received and posted in good faith. To anyone

Always Hearts

Only Hearts 

SJ 

Chin up SJ
The fight goes on!

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

15 minutes ago, dannymack said:

'I don’t understand how Hearts can take this to court when they must have voted to end the season?  It was a unanimous vote? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Am I missing something?'

Can someone please answer this ?

A text message to me from a concerned Hibs supporter 🤔

We voted against the original resolution.

Are thick Hibees actually thinking we voted for it for some bizarre reason?

Captain Canada

I'm really hoping that at least a couple of other clubs also announce legal action in the coming days. I know Kelty said they would look at it a while ago and Partick should definitely fight this. 

1 minute ago, jambomjm74 said:

This won’t be popular but whilst we go to war with the SPFL, and rightly so, we need to look at ourselves...
The club has gone soft and that needs to be addressed. We need to slash costs and rebuild a model that is based on results on the pitch, we’ve become a retirement opportunity and a place for the underachiever where Football is one of many competing  priorities.
In short we have been wronged but  equally we have got things badly wrong. Both of these need addressed. 

Probably not the thread for it but I largely agree.  Also won’t be popular but a DoF or sporting Director is a must. I don’t think Ann’s talents lie in the football side of things. 

doctor jambo

I have now decided to pledge to FOH for the first time.

I'd be delighted if we utterly destroyed any number of clubs, and would hate to think that I did not, in some small way, not contribute to the ending of some of these feckin rats.

Off to renew our 4 season tickets now as well.

"some men just want to watch the world burn"

I resemble that remark

Oh and i think AB’s statement is dignified but a very clear the gloves are off message.

I wonder if she is happy now that she doesnt have to pander to these chairman and can now stonewall them.

And it also ends this love in with Hibs ****ing great.

Edited by Jamboelite

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

There was no second vote to end the season so we can't have voted in favour of it

I'm hearing this was done on a Zoom call and all 12 clubs unanimously agreed to end the season with Celtic crowned Champions and Hearts relegated.  This was from someone with connections to Livingston directly from someone who was on the call. Not Hibs.

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, dannymack said:

'I don’t understand how Hearts can take this to court when they must have voted to end the season?  It was a unanimous vote? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Am I missing something?'

Can someone please answer this ?

A text message to me from a concerned Hibs supporter 🤔

Tell him he’s a thick **** and he might learn something when the schools go back in August. 

Just upped my pledge by a tenner. Can't afford much more ATM wish I could. **** them all

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

I'm hearing this was done on a Zoom call and all 12 clubs unanimously agreed to end the season with Celtic crowned Champions and Hearts relegated.  This was from someone with connections to Livingston directly from someone who was on the call. Not Hibs.

Bullshit 

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

I'm really hoping that at least a couple of other clubs also announce legal action in the coming days. I know Kelty said they would look at it a while ago and Partick should definitely fight this. 

der Hun? 

imagine they put in a case against the SPFL for the unfair early curtailment when they had the chance (slim) to win the title.

I would assume the SPFL now wishes they were continuing the season like most other leagues in Europe are.

what a mess this is!

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
26 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Absolutely this.

The court case should not just be about compensation.

It should be about justice be seen to be done.

Law graduate here. (This is not specifically referring to hearts case just stating the current remedies available.)

Broadly there are 5 remedies available at the end of the process; payment, damages, declarator, reduction and interdict. 

Interdict is an injunction in scots law. 

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Take that shite to a thread where it has some relevance.

Is that the only way you can communicate .. get a grip man. 

18 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Scottish football needs to come together, to work together, to improve the game in the whole country and improve the game over all. We need to stop the infighting amongst ALL of us. Hate is a strong word for what is a game. 

At least, that was my thinking a few months ago.

I want a ****ing scorched earth policy now. Full on Genghis Khan levels of blood and destruction. Clubs collapsing, stadiums boarded up. **** it, if there's enough teams left for two divisions, that's a dozen teams too many. 

Everyone had the choice to spread the pain of the upcoming season, to collectively shoulder the burden. Or to choose to inflict it on a select few clubs. They chose the latter. 

Now, I don't know about anyone else but I ****ing love an underdog story. But what I love even more is when the bully's get their come uppance. And I'll love nothing more when their come uppance in this is instance is complete and utter ****ing destruction. 

And the dumb ****ers voted for it to happen. It'll be sweet, sweet tears from these clubs when they collapse, and it'll be even sweeter that the destruction of these tinpot outfits was caused by ****ing us over.

Here it is folks. Later than advertised, maybe. Armageddon. Let's show Sevco how you really destroy Scottish football. 

Great post!!

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

This is a really important point for me. Feck advising Dumpster on anything. Our aim should be to outperform them on and off the pitch.

Hope we cause carnage with court proceedings.

Don't understand why James Anderson came to the table to help these clubs out whilst all this was still going on and reconstruction unlikely to happen. Obviously a nice person and wanted to help other teams but this hasn't particularly helped Hearts either in my opinion.

jamboinglasgow

Just a reminder that todays decision by the SPFL didn't just screw over us, Partick Thistle and Stranraer, it also screwed over Kelty Hearts and Broara Rangers and sent a big middle finger to the lowland and Highland league clubs that the SPFL can rip up an agreement between the SPFL and pyramid leagues with no say from the other leagues. 

With legal action, I imagine a court would not look too well on a league unilaterally ignore an official agreement between organisations.

Robbo-Jambo

It is all about Heart of Midlothian Football Club now.

Nothing or nobody else matters.

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

It was agreed by the Premiership clubs that it was inlokely the season coild complete.

The Board made the decision to call the Premiership on same PPG basis as other leagues.  The resolution Hearts voted AGAINST.

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Surprised Ann agreed to expulsion then took legal action over it. What’s she like eh?

Ya absolute throbber 🤣

29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who cares. My view of Scottish football has changed possibly forever. I've been annoyed with it before but I've never seen this level of harm wished on clubs that are already in bad circumstances (like every club) because of a global pandemic beyond their control. 

I don't know I can ever read a magazine like Nutmeg or watch View from the Terrace again with their whimsical, gushing love letters to smaller football clubs in Scotland and the way they paint their fans as true football fans. They're not if they're sitting thinking this is a good result. We'll be fine but these small teams have possibly condemned Thistle in particular to a very uncertain future.

Most of these clubs voted to push fellow teams into potentially fatal financial trouble when everyone is already in trouble?

This has shown Scottish football to be a much bigger cesspit than I realised. I genuinely thought it was mostly 40 vs 2 clubs in Scotland and the OF were the problem. It's not and instead of tackling the real problems in the game, media folk prefer to make out we're this lovable, quirky little football country. We're totally out on our own in Europe as having done this to fellow teams.

Well said Toque!

Montgomery Brewster
6 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Oh and i think AB’s statement is dignified but a very clear the gloves are off message.

I wonder if she is happy now that she doesnt have to pander to these chairman and can now stonewall them.

Amen to that. Out of everything that has happened - finally the penny has dropped

ford donald
2 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Don't understand why James Anderson came to the table to help these clubs out whilst all this was still going on and reconstruction unlikely to happen. Obviously a nice person and wanted to help other teams but this hasn't particularly helped Hearts either in my opinion.

Hope he does not give them another penny!

7 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

No way Hearts would compromise their legal position at that stage absolutely no chance.

Edited by Jamboelite

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, 8skacel8 said:

He should withdraw his offer.

Why the feck should anyone help them after the way we have been treated.

Would not give them the steam from my piss.

Buzzbomb1874
30 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

First of all let me apologise to all Jambos on here for all the information I received and posted in good faith. To anyone who thinks I was playing members on here, then you are entitled to your opinion and no doubt your minds are made up. After speaking with LD a short time ago then I have no doubt that his contact was sincere with his information, likewise when it was given to me. I’m as gutted as the rest of us are. I’m also sorry to the members who I have been in private conversation with as this has ended in the most horrific way for us all. Once again I can only apologise for getting people’s hopes us and I include my own on that. Gut wrenching does not even come close to how I feel at the moment. 

As for the crowdfunding page, it was closed down at the request of the management of HMFC as it was felt it was detracting from the objectives of the FOH. They would rather any monies raised to fight a court case is actioned through the FOH ans. it independently. I have respected and complied with  their wishes as such. 

The final tally of £1,295 has been paid over in two instalments.  The first for £1100 and the second for £195. All admin costs were  paid for by myself so our club receives the full amount that was raised. Had I had an incline that this vote was 16-26 against, i may have been inclined to ignore the wishes of the club and kept this going. 

We live to fight another day and will never forget the clubs that have conspired to put us down. 

Always Hearts

Only Hearts 

SJ 

Personally don’t think you need to apologise SJ.  You can choose to share the info or keep it to yourself and most true Jambos are grateful to get snippets of info from inside the club. Although I don’t know you I know from attending games that you have put  your hard earned cash in to sponsor players/match day sponsorship etc. There will be posters on here who think you have been talking rubbish but that is easy to say in hindsight. As far as I am concerned the info was provided in good faith.

Going forward we will need all fans pulling together so that when we get back to the top division we are stronger than where the team is now.

Come on the Jambos.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just a reminder that todays decision by the SPFL didn't just screw over us, Partick Thistle and Stranraer, it also screwed over Kelty Hearts and Broara Rangers and sent a big middle finger to the lowland and Highland league clubs that the SPFL can rip up an agreement between the SPFL and pyramid leagues with no say from the other leagues. 

With legal action, I imagine a court would not look too well on a league unilaterally ignore an official agreement between organisations.

The support Hearts are going to have with this is going to be immense.

SPFL will be painted as the bad guys by those outside the Scottish football bubble I think.

Christ, Partick T's statement made the opposite difference then.

Choose to do harm.

Wow.

Bye-bye Brechin, Peterhead, whoever.

41 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Court action better be to gain an interdict and to stop our expulsion. If that fails, then pursue compensation. Legal action better not be purely compensation based. 

Or else what ?

To me legal action will be along the exact lines the QC and the legal team have recommended. That cannot possibly be argued with. If that’s purely for compensation we need to accept that as the recommended route for best outcome.

The words ‘legal challenge’ in the club statement suggests to me that we haven’t closed the door on trying to get expulsion overturned.

i can’t imagine the club clarifying this or indeed saying another word about it until the legal challenge is done. That’s going to be frustrating for some but a very good opportunity for the ITK mob to seduce the gullible yet again.

tynietigers

Does anybody else think that Scottish football on a whole has underestimated Hearts and there fans on this situation. I believe that this will kickstart the togetherness and siege mentality that we as a club have been missing for the last couple of seasons. I’m actually quite excited about this going to court ♥️👊

43 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The media and half witted supporters of other clubs will go in hard against us. Ignore all that noise. Concentrate on us. Always Hearts. Only Hearts.

giphy.gif&ehk=cRO0ojlUgAvN9nyJyJrsrqRlOf

7 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Is that the only way you can communicate .. get a grip man. 

Ok, please can you find a thread that your post has relevance to and stick it on there, this is not the place for it. I am not disputing what you said just where it was posted.

Better?

Kirky Jambo
7 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Don't believe it myself. Wouldn't make any sense.

I think it was established on here at the time that the SPFL Board members were unanimous, not all 12 clubs. But they tried to spin it that way.

Libertarian
29 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

B1V1lA02_reasonably_small.png

Anyone wishing to pledge or make "one off" donations to can do so by following these links https://rewards.foundationofhearts.org/own-the-history-shape-the-future/ Existing pledgers https://rewards.foundationofhearts.org/my-account Only if you can afford to do so.

I have just made a £200 contribution. The stupidity and reckless disregard for justice not only for our club but for other smaller clubs must be challenged. I trust the FOH to use this one off donation wisely to ensure that the club brings Scottish football to its knees through the law courts. I am so incredibly angry about this blatant injustice that I would not be able to look myself in the mirror if I didn't do something. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
29 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Good statement by Ann - strong but reasoned and dignified. 

(I don't like stickies but I think there is a case for one here for significant statements and hard news of developments. I am struggling to keep up with this and I have wasted too much time in recent days reading pure speculation about Doncaster and Lawell's supposed plans and efforts to deliver reconstruction)

PS thanks to those who posted todays news -  to late to save me ploughing through pages  and a siimilar "sevice"v would be alternative to a sticky at busy times. 

I agree about the wording.  I suspect that it was written long before today's announcement, in anticipation of just such a result.  Always one step ahead.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Only Hearts as far as I'm concerned. 

Quite flatly, chairman who are suddenly worried about jobs have had ample time to consider that outcome and still thought it acceptable to stay the course. 

Whilst my sympathies do lie with any who lose their job, that is not our fault. Their respective chairmen had the chance to avoid this and out of sheer bloody mindedness decided against doing the one thing which would have ensured Covid-19 created ZERO losers in Scottish football. Ann warned them early doors this was a possibility and they ignored her. This falls entirely on their heads. 

Some Chairman consciously made the decision that other clubs staff would lose their jobs. If that same outcome visits them then they only have themselves to blame. The alternative was that no-one suffered. They chose against that.

Always Hearts. Only Hearts.

8 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Law graduate here. (This is not specifically referring to hearts case just stating the current remedies available.)

Broadly there are 5 remedies available at the end of the process; payment, damages, declarator, reduction and interdict. 

Interdict is an injunction in scots law. 

Is better to fight as group with Partick etc or go our own way and dilute the SPFL monies by making them fight on different fronts?

Hope that made sense 😳

3 minutes ago, kila said:

The support Hearts are going to have with this is going to be immense.

Doubt we will even make a Sky Sports News bulletin to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Only down side to court action is our plans for next season will be in disarray. 

No they wont we plan for the Championship with the same squad we have who are contracted and get on with it.

We need to make sure we are ready for 27 games and hit the ground running as there is no scope for error.

Ex member of the SaS
10 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

der Hun? 

imagine they put in a case against the SPFL for the unfair early curtailment when they had the chance (slim) to win the title.

I would assume the SPFL now wishes they were continuing the season like most other leagues in Europe are.

what a mess this is!

Never understood how continuing the season would work with players contracts ending etc. Yes we have a big enough squad but some teams don't .

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Turkishcap said:

Cue another thread with 1,000 + posts on how the court case could go :)

:lol:

Please no.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )