Season ticket latest 11.5k sold ( General sale underway )

jr ewing

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, haj said:

Curious as to what you think might happen that would cause this to be the case? I wouldn’t be too surprised if it didn’t make a comeback til next year, but ever?

Well at the moment we dont know how this virus will react. If it continually mutates we may constantly be chasing it and having to lockdown and create vaccines.  By the time we have a vaccine it could be useless.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Beast Boy

• jr ewing

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

And what’s your worst case scenario? 😄

Glad you find it funny.  I hope you are still laughing for a while yet.

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Was it supposed to be done through the agency rather than the club? I renewed on-line and didn't see any option, maybe I should have called them.

Call them it won't be too late. 

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Call them it won't be too late. 

Ta. I'll probably just leave it as is . At least I won't get a nasty surprise in December after I've forgotten that I only paid half.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Ta. I'll probably just leave it as is . At least I won't get a nasty surprise in December after I've forgotten that I only paid half.

🤗

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Glad you find it funny.  I hope you are still laughing for a while yet.

Me too, me too. 

Carl Weathers
8 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I renewed this morning and had intended to use that plan. I phoned the club but the offices are closed tfn, so  I went to the on-line renewal option where there was no mention of this scheme.  I just paid the full whack. Has anyone else had the same experience? I'm aware that this is an act of faith as there's no way of knowing when (or maybe if) football will return. I remember doing much the same thing during the share sale at the end of the Romanov era, I knew then that it was nothing more than a donation to keep the club alive in the short term, but at least that actually worked, and I do have a nice share certificate to show for it.

My purchase today is made in the same spirit, I just hope we can keep the club alive in the medium term until the aerosols in the SPFL/SFA get their act together.

I don't seriously believe that Hearts will go under.

I emailed today on behalf of my dad and received a response in about 10mins. I then logged onto his eticket account and paid half now. 

Walter Bishop
11 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

We can buy season tickets to support the club at the moment and that is great but there is every chance we could sell 10k season tickets and still cease to exist.  Selling tickets will not be the magic bullet as football may not return for a very long time.  There is also a chance that, depending on how this virus develops, that we may never see football played in front of fans again.

Jesus, you're a right happy chappy.😲

Unknown user
On 10/05/2020 at 19:01, henryheart said:

I would never expect a sympathetic ear on here - there are too many closed minds for that. I've no objection to people not agreeing with me as long as they do it constructively, and some do. As I've said on here before, I have been a season ticket for 50 years and yes, I was young being at prImary school when I got my first (juvenile season ticket no.23 by the way - they didn't sell many in those days).  I've been to approaching 2,000 games but it doesn't mean that I view the world only in maroon and white. What I'm trying to highlight is that I don't see the club going about maximising ticket sales very well - we all want a full Tynecastle after all and we all want a successful season ticket campaign. None of what I have said on here is intended as a criticism of those who have already bought their tickets - I'm simply questioning if the current sales strategy is going to hook the undecided. If some people cannot see that, then it's unfortunate. 

The club has to maximise income and if we end up in the 2nd tier with 12k+ STs the pricing will be proven to be about right IMO.

It's a business, its about getting the balance right between maximised pricing without turning off too many. Early signs suggest to me that with a growing siege mentality it'll end up about right.

Clubs have experimented with decent price drops, it's never worked financially, it doesn't attract enough people to make it worthwhile - Motherwell spring to mind.

PapaShango

I applied for 2 season tickets through the repayment plan last week (Friday) but still not heard anything, not even an acknowledgement email. Can anyone who has used this confirm this is normal? 

GorgieFifeLife
8 hours ago, Smithee said:

The club has to maximise income and if we end up in the 2nd tier with 12k+ STs the pricing will be proven to be about right IMO.

It's a business, its about getting the balance right between maximised pricing without turning off too many. Early signs suggest to me that with a growing siege mentality it'll end up about right.

Clubs have experimented with decent price drops, it's never worked financially, it doesn't attract enough people to make it worthwhile - Motherwell spring to mind.

If we end up with 12k season tickets, presuming we are allowed to eventually play in front of fans, they will need to be socially distanced so where are we going to seat them all?

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

If we end up with 12k season tickets, presuming we are allowed to eventually play in front of fans, they will need to be socially distanced so where are we going to seat them all?

We’ll follow the same protocols that Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs will be using. Stay Alert!!

Back of the Bus

Apologies if already covered but what's the renewal deadline? 

Can't see it on the site. 

EDIT - 8th June - found it. 

Edited by Back of the Bus

GorgieFifeLife
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We’ll follow the same protocols that Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs will be using. Stay Alert!!

Duck when you see the virus coming!!

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

That’s the plan. However, being serious, no-one knows if and how this will work in practice in any league in Europe. 

Tommy Brown

I don't see me attending many games, but in couple of weeks, I will get a bronze or silver.

Had a ST since 1997, but gave up the last two seasons.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That’s the plan. However, being serious, no-one knows if and how this will work in practice in any league in Europe. 

Tbh, it will only affect 5 clubs. 

The rest of the stadiums are less than a half full anyway. 

Contraversial maybe, but if Tynecastle is reduced to a third or a quarter capacity and measures are tough- could we use Murrayfield. For a season ? 

16k spread over Murrayfield or 6k spread over Tynecastle? 

As a side note, rangers would be donald ducked first. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Ducking doesn't always work. 

I know a guy who ducked and caught it, he should have jumped.

He wasn't alert enough. 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Stay at home!!

Unknown user
5 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

You're kind of missing the point about the price of the tickets. Obviously we won't be able to get 12k in a 20k stadium if rules like that are in place, but we're talking about whether the pricing structure's appropriate.

Unknown user

"Looks like it's going to be a nice day"

"Not if Cthulu the dark lord turns up and scorches the surface of the planet into oblivion"

kingantti1874

In all honesty buying a season ticket now is less about what you will get for the money, and more about ensuring the survival of the club.. .

its bigger than your thoughts on Ann Budge, whether you think they are overpriced, whether we should take legal action

airthjambo
9 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I applied for 2 season tickets through the repayment plan last week (Friday) but still not heard anything, not even an acknowledgement email. Can anyone who has used this confirm this is normal? 

I applied on Friday as well, received confirmation with payment details by email this afternoon.

53 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

In all honesty buying a season ticket now is less about what you will get for the money, and more about ensuring the survival of the club.. .

its bigger than your thoughts on Ann Budge, whether you think they are overpriced, whether we should take legal action

Spot on.

Independence
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

This. Bought two Premium seats. Changed from Gorgie Road. I did this for the club I love and because I could!

As a side note, Lyndsey was extremely helpful in email exchanges with the club, to make this change possible. Thanks.

On 11/05/2020 at 13:00, GorgieFifeLife said:

There is also a chance that, depending on how this virus develops, that we may never see football played in front of fans again.

Based on what? 

Like most i am resigned to the fact we likely won’t have football in front of fans until the end of this year, or into next year, but ever? C’mon. 

Independence
On 11/05/2020 at 13:00, GorgieFifeLife said:

We can buy season tickets to support the club at the moment and that is great but there is every chance we could sell 10k season tickets and still cease to exist.  Selling tickets will not be the magic bullet as football may not return for a very long time.  There is also a chance that, depending on how this virus develops, that we may never see football played in front of fans again.

Where do you get your information that we may never see football in front of fans again. Just a tad dramatic!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Independence said:

Where do you get your information that we may never see football in front of fans again. Just a tad dramatic!!!!!!

The Armageddon league. 

GorgieFifeLife
2 hours ago, Independence said:

Not at all. Science doesnt know yet how this is going to pan out so how can we. I am just highlighting this as a possibility.  We may never see our old normal lives return and football is a part of life that may be changed along with other mass gathering events.

GorgieFifeLife
2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Based on what? 

Like most i am resigned to the fact we likely won’t have football in front of fans until the end of this year, or into next year, but ever? C’mon. 

Hope your right but nobody knows yet, and I mean nobody.

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

pretty much how I see it

gorgie rd eh11
17 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yep.

13 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Not at all. Science doesnt know yet how this is going to pan out so how can we. I am just highlighting this as a possibility.  We may never see our old normal lives return and football is a part of life that may be changed along with other mass gathering events.

Effective treatments will be first then fingers crossed a vaccine. 

Hungry hippo

I'd expect quite a few sales towards the end of this month as plenty people will renew after pay day for many.

I had planned on renewing earlier but decided to hold on a bit due to uncertainty over any games actually being played. Now that the 18 game guarantee is now in place will definitely renew before the early June cut-off. Suspect a lot will be thinking similarly.

iwasthere1954
On 12/05/2020 at 11:30, GorgieFifeLife said:

You really are trying to put people off buying season tickets aren't you. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, iwasthere1954 said:

You really are trying to put people off buying season tickets aren't you. 

Hes raging coz we never filled in the corners. Short sightedness looking back, always thought it was a good idea.

I am concerned about buying a ST and not so much not watching the games but there not being any at all whilst in the Championship.

However on the other hand how do we play the SC semi with no players 🤭. Still would fancy us to beat the Leef Vermin though ☝️

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I am concerned about buying a ST and not so much not watching the games but there not being any at all whilst in the Championship.

However on the other hand how do we play the SC semi with no players 🤭. Still would fancy us to beat the Leef Vermin though ☝️

Not sure how fair it is to play the cup tie when we will have a championship squad v a top flight squad. Maybe we'll let them have a 2 goal headstart to level the playing field.

been here before
On 12/05/2020 at 11:30, GorgieFifeLife said:

In seats.

GorgieRules22
44 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

You’ve been guaranteed 18 homes what more do you want ? The club have already said if there behind closed doors or the point you make in not being any for a year which is highly unlikely you’ll still get your money’s worth.