Season ticket latest 11.5k sold ( General sale underway )

jr ewing

More than ever, I’d urge anyone who can afford to do so to renew.

If you are swithering because you are unsure when football will return, the club have guaranteed you 18 games when it is safe to enter stadiums again.

The clubs very existence depends on us. The fans of Heart of Midlothian. We’ll get very little help from anyone else.

We can all have our differences of opinion regarding owners managers and players. The club is far bigger and more important than any of them. And WE ARE the club.

Only Hearts, Always Hearts. Hearts first.

Edited by Whatever

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Beast Boy

• jr ewing

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

henryheart
33 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

I would be amazed if average prices in championship next season would be £15-20 and would expect it to be £25 and upwards 

not as much as £38 I grant you. but your £450 will get you 18 games at £25 

If matchday prices are upwards of £25 then that will represent a massive hike. The most common admission price in 19-20 was £18.00, and the most expensive seats that I can find come in at £22.00. Of interest I see that Dundee, foe example, are selling main stand season tickets for next year at £340.00 and the most expensive season ticket for Dundee United in the Premiership if purchased now is £380.00.    

Can anybody confirm if you can still contact the Ticket Office and pay the season ticket half now, and half in December.

I am currently furloughed, and we are struggling to pay for our season tickets now. I know you can split it over 4 or 12 months,  but I would rather do it half and half if possible. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, daftie said:

Can anybody confirm if you can still contact the Ticket Office and pay the season ticket half now, and half in December.

I am currently furloughed, and we are struggling to pay for our season tickets now. I know you can split it over 4 or 12 months,  but I would rather do it half and half if possible. 

Email the club. 

tickets@homplc.co.uk

davemclaren
47 minutes ago, Whatever said:

If you are swithering because you are unsure when football will return, the club have guaranteed you 18 games when it is safe to enter stadiums again.

The clubs very existence depends on us. The fans of Heart of Midlothian. We’ll get very little help from anyone else.

We can all have our differences of opinion regarding owners managers and players. The club is far bigger and more important than any of them. And WE ARE the club.

Totally agree. 

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, daftie said:

Yup still available if you email them.

29 minutes ago, daftie said:

Ask for Lindsay. 

2 hours ago, henryheart said:

I have had a season ticket since 1969 - 50 years; I am simply unhappy with the way the clubs pricing structure has evolved in recent years making it shocking expensive.  

As I said - move to a cheaper section.

Stewie Griffin

I’ve renewed our two and personally I’m not bothered if we keep the same pricing as 19/20. I would rather the club have as much financial advantage as possible over our opposition next season to give us the best possible chance of getting straight back up.

Independence
3 hours ago, Whatever said:

This. Unless you genuinely can't afford to renew you should. It's a no brainer.

stirlingshirejambo
6 hours ago, henryheart said:

If matchday prices are upwards of £25 then that will represent a massive hike. The most common admission price in 19-20 was £18.00, and the most expensive seats that I can find come in at £22.00. Of interest I see that Dundee, foe example, are selling main stand season tickets for next year at £340.00 and the most expensive season ticket for Dundee United in the Premiership if purchased now is £380.00.    

Dundee and Dundee United both had prices £26 this season. I would fully expect prices to rise particularly for visit of Hearts next season

stirlingshirejambo
4 hours ago, DMR123 said:

Can’t be long before you are entitled to a concession too unless you were a very young season ticket holder which was fairly unusual in the 60s

henryheart
4 hours ago, DMR123 said:

Thanks for your advice, but if you were a salesperson trying to sell me something, I'd say no thanks and walk away and most likely never return. Unfortunately this seems to be the approach of the club which does not seem to recognise that it has let a lot of people down and has recently been giving a product that has failed miserably. OK, there are those who will buy a season ticket no matter what, but in marketing terms they are not worth worrying about. The important people are a significant number of current season ticket holders who do not fall into that category, are very unhappy with the way things are, and for whom pleads of poverty will fall on deaf ears - for many of us looking after the financial needs of our family are number one. They need to be made to believe that they are part of something special or are getting a good deal. In terms of good PR the club is performing poorly, it is charging premiership prices for less games and the token enticements are nothing more than that;  they are of no real value - discounts for grossly overpriced items that always end up on sale in the club shop, loyalty points and the option for semi final tickets that will never sell out anyway being perfect examples - and people can see through all of that. As with any business, there are times when you have to work harder to sell your product. This is one such time and to my eyes the club isn't trying very hard.  

Independence
27 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Thanks for your advice, but if you were a salesperson trying to sell me something, I'd say no thanks and walk away and most likely never return. Unfortunately this seems to be the approach of the club which does not seem to recognise that it has let a lot of people down and has recently been giving a product that has failed miserably. OK, there are those who will buy a season ticket no matter what, but in marketing terms they are not worth worrying about. The important people are a significant number of current season ticket holders who do not fall into that category, are very unhappy with the way things are, and for whom pleads of poverty will fall on deaf ears - for many of us looking after the financial needs of our family are number one. They need to be made to believe that they are part of something special or are getting a good deal. In terms of good PR the club is performing poorly, it is charging premiership prices for less games and the token enticements are nothing more than that;  they are of no real value - discounts for grossly overpriced items that always end up on sale in the club shop, loyalty points and the option for semi final tickets that will never sell out anyway being perfect examples - and people can see through all of that. As with any business, there are times when you have to work harder to sell your product. This is one such time and to my eyes the club isn't trying very hard.  

Trying to work out your club? Your statement: 'and the option for semi final tickets that will never sell out anyway being perfect examples -' ? Really ? It's H1b5 that didn't sell out their semi final allocation a few years ago, not us. Their end end was half empty. The club are doing their best in very challenging times. They now need the support of loyal fans who want to keep the club going. As you know, the one component in your business marketing analogy, you miss out,  is that football is not like any other business. 

Edited by Independence

stirlingshirejambo
6 hours ago, henryheart said:

Had a quick look. Cheapest price was £18 nothing as low as £15 

1 hour ago, henryheart said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain your point of view, a lot of which I cannot disagree with.

Owners, Managers and Players will come and go, but the constants are the Club, our History and supporters. As a long term Season Ticket holder like myself , you will have seen a lot worse in the 70’s and early 80’s.

We are in this together to protect our history and heritage and as many people as possible that can afford to renew will be appreciated.

Of course we are not getting, and have not had , value for money for a few years now - but we will again.

As I have said- if you can afford to renew then please do so. There are cheaper options than Platinum.

8 hours ago, DMR123 said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain your point of view, a lot of which I cannot disagree with.

Owners, Managers and Players will come and go, but the constants are the Club, our History and supporters. As a long term Season Ticket holder like myself , you will have seen a lot worse in the 70’s and early 80’s.

We are in this together to protect our history and heritage and as many people as possible that can afford to renew will be appreciated.

Of course we are not getting, and have not had , value for money for a few years now - but we will again.

As I have said- if you can afford to renew then please do so. There are cheaper options than Platinum.

Well said. Will sort my ST this week. Whatever league we’re in I’ll be there. However bad we are, Ill be there. What’s the alternative? Shopping!

15 hours ago, daftie said:

Cheers for the helpful replies. 

Hi mate yes they do the half payments. Contact them

Got mine done online yesterday. Going to be an interesting season ahead when it actually starts.

BelgeJambo
23 hours ago, henryheart said:

I have had a season ticket since 1969 - 50 years; I am simply unhappy with the way the clubs pricing structure has evolved in recent years making it shocking expensive.  

Am I missing something

The club have knocked 10% of season tickets for next season if you are a ST holder. They have also announced other cost saving incentives should Football not commence on time.

letsmakesomenoise
3 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Am I missing something

The club have knocked 10% of season tickets for next season if you are a ST holder. They have also announced other cost saving incentives should Football not commence on time.

The whole financial situation at the moment worries me.  If we all buy tickets this year, with the promise of being able to use them whenever stadia reopen to the public, then this just pushes the issue into the following season as those that have bought tickets this year (and whose money has been used to fund players salaries etc) will get in for “free” next year.  Personally, I’m in my sixties so will not be going back until we have a vaccine - and would much rather understand the situation we face before making a financial decision.  More than happy to help support the club through this year, but through a sensible option like a Seat Retention guarantee or a Virtual Season Ticket, something like that, and then go back to paying for my Season Ticket for 21/22.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

The whole financial situation at the moment worries me.  If we all buy tickets this year, with the promise of being able to use them whenever stadia reopen to the public, then this just pushes the issue into the following season as those that have bought tickets this year (and whose money has been used to fund players salaries etc) will get in for “free” next year.  Personally, I’m in my sixties so will not be going back until we have a vaccine - and would much rather understand the situation we face before making a financial decision.  More than happy to help support the club through this year, but through a sensible option like a Seat Retention guarantee or a Virtual Season Ticket, something like that, and then go back to paying for my Season Ticket for 21/22.

The whole financial situation worries every business and individual I reckon, which is why the club needs money while there are no games being played. 

braveheart
21 hours ago, henryheart said:

If it's a sympathetic ear your looking for don't expect to find it on this forum.you'll just be told to pay up and shut up or do one.agree with most you have written btw👏👏👏

braveheart
4 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Am I missing something

They also gave new season tickets 5% off so the 10% saving is a bit of ref herring.

BelgeJambo
1 hour ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

That’s fair enough. We are all in different financial situations.  The virtual season ticket is a real possibility that would at least generate income for any closed doors games

Nobody can predict the football future right now and Germany have just scored an own goal on that one 

1 hour ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Fair enough, I'm of a similar age as you and have the same concerns re vaccines etc but bought my ST as a way of putting some cash into the club. I know that I'm fortunate to be able to do so as not everybody is. I'll be back as soon as it's deemed safe to do so and if I get any football for it before May 2021 that'll be a bonus. 

henryheart
3 hours ago, braveheart said:

If it's a sympathetic ear your looking for don't expect to find it on this forum.you'll just be told to pay up and shut up or do one.agree with most you have written btw👏👏👏

I would never expect a sympathetic ear on here - there are too many closed minds for that. I've no objection to people not agreeing with me as long as they do it constructively, and some do. As I've said on here before, I have been a season ticket for 50 years and yes, I was young being at prImary school when I got my first (juvenile season ticket no.23 by the way - they didn't sell many in those days).  I've been to approaching 2,000 games but it doesn't mean that I view the world only in maroon and white. What I'm trying to highlight is that I don't see the club going about maximising ticket sales very well - we all want a full Tynecastle after all and we all want a successful season ticket campaign. None of what I have said on here is intended as a criticism of those who have already bought their tickets - I'm simply questioning if the current sales strategy is going to hook the undecided. If some people cannot see that, then it's unfortunate. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I would never expect a sympathetic ear on here - there are too many closed minds for that. I've no objection to people not agreeing with me as long as they do it constructively, and some do. As I've said on here before, I have been a season ticket for 50 years and yes, I was young being at prImary school when I got my first (juvenile season ticket no.23 by the way - they didn't sell many in those days).  I've been to approaching 2,000 games but it doesn't mean that I view the world only in maroon and white. What I'm trying to highlight is that I don't see the club going about maximising ticket sales very well - we all want a full Tynecastle after all and we all want a successful season ticket campaign. None of what I have said on here is intended as a criticism of those who have already bought their tickets - I'm simply questioning if the current sales strategy is going to hook the undecided. If some people cannot see that, then it's unfortunate. 

It’s a fair question but I think the club’s main focus at this time is to raise enough to survive rather than how packed the stadium will be. 

henryheart
On 09/05/2020 at 18:08, Independence said:

Trying to work out your club? Your statement: 'and the option for semi final tickets that will never sell out anyway being perfect examples -' ? Really ? It's H1b5 that didn't sell out their semi final allocation a few years ago, not us. Their end end was half empty. The club are doing their best in very challenging times. They now need the support of loyal fans who want to keep the club going. As you know, the one component in your business marketing analogy, you miss out,  is that football is not like any other business. 

Perhaps I should have made my point clearer. There will be circa 20,000 semi final ticket available. With at the most just over half that number of likely season ticket sales, the point I am making is that you will not need to be a season ticket holder to get one. To make a big deal of it in the season ticket sales blurb is plain daft.

As for football not being like any other business, I agree. Perhaps it should be because if it was then, excepting the current crisis and all that it has brought with it,  financially it might not be in the mess that it is.  

6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Perhaps I should have made my point clearer. There will be circa 20,000 semi final ticket available. With at the most just over half that number of likely season ticket sales, the point I am making is that you will not need to be a season ticket holder to get one. To make a big deal of it in the season ticket sales blurb is plain daft.

As for football not being like any other business, I agree. Perhaps it should be because if it was then, excepting the current crisis and all that it has brought with it,  financially it might not be in the mess that it is.  

Will it not be abandoned as well?

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, henryheart said:

If the semi actually goes ahead there might be significantly less than 20,000 seats available to each team, depending where we are with social distancing. 

2 more bought tonight.  Been a supporter for over 50 years and if there is one thing I want is for my kids And theirs to have a team to support In the future.   

GorgieRules22
13 minutes ago, robjam said:

2 more bought tonight.  Been a supporter for over 50 years and if there is one thing I want is for my kids And theirs to have a team to support In the future.   

Spot on mate 👌🏻

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If the semi actually goes ahead there might be significantly less than 20,000 seats available to each team, depending where we are with social distancing. 

Regarding social distancing ,perhaps it would be an idea to limit the sales of STs.

Clubs may be stoking up trouble for themselves if they are unable to offer ST holders a seat in the stadiums.

I realise most of us view the ST as a donation but there are some who would kick up a fuss.

The decision whether to renew season tickets was always going to cause differences of opinion between supporters. Some would have renewed no matter the price or how the team had performed and some would not have renewed because of the price and how the team had performed.

Most agree,however, the club needs as much financial support now .To maximise this, has anybody thought of waiting until 6th June(think the renewal date is 5th June) and buy a season ticket at 5% discount .You could still buy your existing seat if you were quick enough on the 6th.It will probably mean losing loyalty points but based on lots of comments on here,not many want tickets for away games anyway.

queensferryjambo

I will be buying mine on the 19th basically because I get paid on the 18th.

Happy to be supporting the club on the glorious 19th of May.

article-2146787-132DEA1C000005DC-10_308x

Got mine today. Not worried about the £450 but why is there a £1.50 admin fee? Rhetorical question I know why still annoys me every time I buy tickets though.

Hectormasson
14 hours ago, luckydug said:

Regarding social distancing ,perhaps it would be an idea to limit the sales of STs.

Clubs may be stoking up trouble for themselves if they are unable to offer ST holders a seat in the stadiums.

I realise most of us view the ST as a donation but there are some who would kick up a fuss.

If the

GorgieFifeLife

We can buy season tickets to support the club at the moment and that is great but there is every chance we could sell 10k season tickets and still cease to exist.  Selling tickets will not be the magic bullet as football may not return for a very long time.  There is also a chance that, depending on how this virus develops, that we may never see football played in front of fans again.

davemclaren
55 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

We can buy season tickets to support the club at the moment and that is great but there is every chance we could sell 10k season tickets and still cease to exist.  Selling tickets will not be the magic bullet as football may not return for a very long time.  There is also a chance that, depending on how this virus develops, that we may never see football played in front of fans again.

And what’s your worst case scenario? 😄

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

:turned:

Bazzas right boot

Maybe there wil be no fans left..... 

download.png

Curious as to what you think might happen that would cause this to be the case? I wouldn’t be too surprised if it didn’t make a comeback til next year, but ever?

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, haj said:

Curious as to what you think might happen that would cause this to be the case? I wouldn’t be too surprised if it didn’t make a comeback til next year, but ever?

The strain could evolve and almost  everyone could be dead

Think mad max, twelve monkeys, planet of the apes Stylee? 

upgotheheads
On 24/04/2020 at 18:20, jr ewing said:

The club, I think, has generously offered to split the payments for next season into two payments of June and then December to help with the current financial difficulties.

I renewed this morning and had intended to use that plan. I phoned the club but the offices are closed tfn, so  I went to the on-line renewal option where there was no mention of this scheme.  I just paid the full whack. Has anyone else had the same experience? I'm aware that this is an act of faith as there's no way of knowing when (or maybe if) football will return. I remember doing much the same thing during the share sale at the end of the Romanov era, I knew then that it was nothing more than a donation to keep the club alive in the short term, but at least that actually worked, and I do have a nice share certificate to show for it.

My purchase today is made in the same spirit, I just hope we can keep the club alive in the medium term until the aerosols in the SPFL/SFA get their act together.

I don't seriously believe that Hearts will go under.

22 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I renewed this morning and had intended to use that plan. I phoned the club but the offices are closed tfn, so  I went to the on-line renewal option where there was no mention of this scheme.  I just paid the full whack. Has anyone else had the same experience? I'm aware that this is an act of faith as there's no way of knowing when (or maybe if) football will return. I remember doing much the same thing during the share sale at the end of the Romanov era, I knew then that it was nothing more than a donation to keep the club alive in the short term, but at least that actually worked, and I do have a nice share certificate to show for it.

My purchase today is made in the same spirit, I just hope we can keep the club alive in the medium term until the aerosols in the SPFL/SFA get their act together.

I don't seriously believe that Hearts will go under.

You do have to ask but they couldn't have been more helpful. Took about a day to sort. 

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

You do have to ask but they couldn't have been more helpful. Took about a day to sort. 

Was it supposed to be done through the agency rather than the club? I renewed on-line and didn't see any option, maybe I should have called them.