New kits (third strip pre-order now available)

Angel eyes

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• Sertse

• tian447

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...a bit disco

Was in the shop yesterday and it is still absolute chaos with the online orders.

LESSONS MUST BE LEARNED1!!!!!!111!1!!!1!!

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Anyone got any idea when the long sleeve third shirt will be available again?

Talk is probably closer to Xmas?

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Talk is probably closer to Xmas?

Ah, FFS. Really?

That's a bit ridiculous!

12 minutes ago, Fejka said:

Thought it was dull…?

Id changed my mind by the next day after seeing more close up pics of the badge. Looking fkrward to seeing it in the flesh.

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Id changed my mind by the next day after seeing more close up pics of the badge. Looking fkrward to seeing it in the flesh.

Fair enough. You’ll love it. It’s got a proper nice fit too. Although it’s thin the material feels really nice 👌🏻

23 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Was in the shop yesterday and it is still absolute chaos with the online orders.

LESSONS MUST BE LEARNED1!!!!!!111!1!!!1!!

Yeah. Could have done with a separate queue for picking up orders. Went during my lunch break and was a large queue. Was in a rush so opened up the package when I got back and they’ve given me the wrong size. 🤦‍♂️. Need to go back and likely now wait for a restock. Club shop has always been badly run. 

Bungalow Bill
23 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

Anyone got any idea when the long sleeve third shirt will be available again?

Christmas apparently. 

1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

Yeah. Could have done with a separate queue for picking up orders. Went during my lunch break and was a large queue. Was in a rush so opened up the package when I got back and they’ve given me the wrong size. 🤦‍♂️. Need to go back and likely now wait for a restock. Club shop has always been badly run. 

Is there anyway we can give the club feedback on this? The club is growing in multiple directions and maybe it's a case of they can't see the woods for the trees. Would be good to make things better if we can given the promising future...

22 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Looks like the kit suggestions from “Phoenix Hearts” weren’t too far off the mark…

IMG_0511.png

These look great! I like the horizontal lines/stripes. The black shorts and socks with the third strip look great too. Future food for thought.

Samuel Camazzola

Arrived today. Not sure about sizing. Seems on the small side. 

As mentioned before, the club should not be using the p&p to make a profit. The cost for 2nd class tracked is silly. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Arrived today. Not sure about sizing. Seems on the small side. 

As mentioned before, the club should not be using the p&p to make a profit. The cost for 2nd class tracked is silly. 

Postage AND packaging. Do you not think they are also taking into account the wages for staff who have had to post thousands of orders🤔

4 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Postage AND packaging. Do you not think they are also taking into account the wages for staff who have had to post thousands of orders🤔

Did Umbro not have to post or pack the shirts direct from them?

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Packaging bags cost pennies. I have ordered bundles of them and the price is negligible per item once bought in bulk. 

I have no doubt the staff have been working hard during a period when the volume of sales would have been expected. 

For having a retail arm of its scale, the club really need to move with the times and look to how other businesses operate. 

been here before
On 05/08/2023 at 13:10, PortyBeach said:

Looks like the kit suggestions from “Phoenix Hearts” weren’t too far off the mark…

IMG_0511.png

Aye they were bang on. Who would have predicted we'd have a moroon and white home kit but minus the lines he suggested.

The all pink kit away kit we got is almost identical to the white maroon and blue striped kit pictured there.

Granted the third top is similar but no HMFC on it, the black shorts are infact white and the black socks are really maroon and white stripes.

Other than that aye, they werent too far off the mark :lol:

I'm surprised Hearts actually even take the shirts into stock for online orders. Given Umbro had stock, you'd think online orders would just be fulfilled direct from the manufacturer, even if transacted through the Hearts website.

periodictabledancer
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm surprised Hearts actually even take the shirts into stock for online orders. Given Umbro had stock, you'd think online orders would just be fulfilled direct from the manufacturer, even if transacted through the Hearts website.

Hearts need a "draw" to get people onto Heartsdirect website.

14 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Packaging bags cost pennies. I have ordered bundles of them and the price is negligible per item once bought in bulk. 

I have no doubt the staff have been working hard during a period when the volume of sales would have been expected. 

For having a retail arm of its scale, the club really need to move with the times and look to how other businesses operate. 

When I was in the shop the lady said they were sending out thousands of orders. 

Edited by Tour22

7 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Hearts need a "draw" to get people onto Heartsdirect website.

That wouldn't change, it's just rather than Umbro sending them to Hearts and then Hearts sending them to the consumer you could just skip that part and have Umbro ship to the consumer based on the orders Hearts receive. There's no real need for Hearts to ever actually have a stockholding of the kit for online orders as it sounds like Umbro have a more robust system for distribution anyway.

Everyone wins really.

Edit: in hindsight, this shirt probably didn't need to arrive in the club store in any capacity as it would have sold out I'm sure online alone and then we'd have massively saved on double handling it.

Edited by Taffin

JamboBornNBred

Mine(3rd Kit) arrived today along with the football :)

Must say the top fits really well,not too tight either which is pleasing.Fabric feels a little thicker than normal which i like.As for the football,pure smart............ really like that,just gotta hide it from my football daft 6 year old.

Edited by JamboBornNBred
correction

Samuel Camazzola
4 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

When I was in the shop the lady said they were sending out thousands of orders. 

Exactly a reason why they need to look at how they are operating. It's no longer 2003.

periodictabledancer
Just now, Taffin said:

That wouldn't change, it's just rather than Umbro sending them to Hearts and then Hearts sending them to the consumer you could just skip that part and have Umbro ship to the consumer based on the orders Hearts receive. There's no real need for Hearts to ever actually have a stockholding of the kit for online orders as it sounds like Umbro have a more robust system for doing so anyway.

Everyone wins really.

Of course it would change - I'll bet there's much more traffic on Hearts direct  in the last few weeks because of the new strip. In any case, Heartsdirect offers a one stop shop for everything Hearts and umbro clearly does not. 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Exactly a reason why they need to look at how they are operating. It's no longer 2003.

Doing things in house can mean a lot less issues and much easier to sort things when issues arise. It sounds like you'd be the first person to moan at hearts if umbro mucked up orders when sending them out.

Just now, periodictabledancer said:

Of course it would change - I'll bet there's much more traffic on Hearts direct  in the last few weeks because of the new strip. In any case, Heartsdirect offers a one stop shop for everything Hearts and umbro clearly does not. 

Why does where the shirt is shipped from make any difference to that?

Order on Hearts direct > get shirt. Whether that's shipped direct from Umbro or the clubstore makes no difference.

The current set up is more likely to drive people away from Hearts Direct as people got the shirt cheaper and quicker ordering direct from Umbro. 

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, Tour22 said:

Doing things in house can mean a lot less issues and much easier to sort things when issues arise. It sounds like you'd be the first person to moan at hearts if umbro mucked up orders when sending them out.

Nothing to do with being in-house etc, they just need to move with the times like other retail functions. 

I know mistakes can happen with orders. Happens everywhere and wouldn't cause me to complain. 

Do you work within the club? You're pretty defensive on the issue. 

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Still waiting for mine. Bought online within 10 mins of it going on sale. I'm in Edinburgh too

Still waiting on mine too. Also bought online just after the release. It’s been over 10 days now, not sure how long it takes to put a shirt in a package and send it. 

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Why does where the shirt is shipped from make any difference to that?

Order on Hearts direct > get shirt. Whether that's shipped direct from Umbro or the clubstore makes no difference.

The current set up is more likely to drive people away from Hearts Direct as people got the shirt cheaper and quicker ordering direct from Umbro. 

Umbro are unlikely to pay staff to ship individual orders as opposed to thousands to the club, If they have enough they wont pay their staff to do Hearts staff job without us paying them to do so, we wouldn’t make any profit. 

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Umbro are unlikely to pay staff to ship individual orders as opposed to thousands to the club, If they have enough they wont pay their staff to do Hearts staff job without us paying them to do so, we wouldn’t make any profit. 

So how do they fulfil all the individual customer orders they currently do through their website at volumes vastly greater than our total sum of shirts sold?

Umbro won't have someone manually bagging and tagging in the way Hearts do. It'll be significantly quicker and cheaper as they're already doing that on a far bigger scale.

Even if it still cost the consumer £6 quid p&p Umbro would likely get them out in a correspondingly quick timeframe so it feels less of a rip off, Hearts don't need to pay as many staff and could pass the £6 onto Umbro or a percentage split. There's just no good reason for Hearts to take them into stock and no real reason for Umbro not to post them as it's already a major part of their operation...I doubt they'd even need to scale up tbh.

Edited by Taffin

I dont think we can rely on Umbro to provide a more effective customer service when we are so far behind pecking order with 3 Premier League clubs for them to fulfil. Get the stock to Hearts direct and I am sure the club can do what needs to be done.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Aye they were bang on. Who would have predicted we'd have a moroon and white home kit but minus the lines he suggested.

The all pink kit away kit we got is almost identical to the white maroon and blue striped kit pictured there.

Granted the third top is similar but no HMFC on it, the black shorts are infact white and the black socks are really maroon and white stripes.

Other than that aye, they werent too far off the mark :lol:

I never said they were “bang on”, did I? 

Missus giving you a hard time? 

PhoenixHearts
23 minutes ago, Cambo said:

I dont think we can rely on Umbro to provide a more effective customer service when we are so far behind pecking order with 3 Premier League clubs for them to fulfil. Get the stock to Hearts direct and I am sure the club can do what needs to be done.

Granted we may not be anywhere near as rich but we're certainly much bigger than 2 of those 3 Premier League clubs though.

Burnley and Bournemouth? 😂

I'm sure our kits outsell both those clubs quite significantly.

Also, the other Umbro clubs have their own online store in addition to Umbro, just like us.

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Granted we may not be anywhere near as rich but we're certainly much bigger than 2 of those 3 Premier League clubs though.

Burnley and Bournemouth? 😂

I'm sure our kits outsell both those clubs quite significantly.

Also, the other Umbro clubs have their own online store in addition to Umbro, just like us.

Of course there are now 4 EPL Umbro clubs, now that Luton Town are in there. That said, I would be amazed if we sold more kits overall than Burnley and Bournemouth etc, simply given what league they play in and the wide reaching appeal of the EPL. That said, I am sure the launch of our magnificent third kit will see us right up there for new season sales. We are no doubt a valued customer and one that Umbro will want to hold on to.

best in the land

Dispatch email received on Saturday for order made first thing last Friday.

No tracking number so no Idea when it's arriving.

Poor stuff hearts

First and last time using hearts direct.

been here before
54 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I never said they were “bang on”, did I? 

Missus giving you a hard time? 

No-one said you said they were "bang on" did they?

"Missus" not giving you anything?

1 hour ago, been here before said:

No-one said you said they were "bang on" did they?

"Missus" not giving you anything?

Yes, you did.

Wasn’t that the point of your attempted piss-take?

Anyway, what’s up? Why so grumpy?

been here before
15 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Yes, you did.

Wasn’t that the point of your attempted piss-take?

Anyway, what’s up? Why so grumpy?

Show me where I said you said they were bang on.

Then slide the broom handle oot yer arse, see if it stops you being so uptight :lol:

Stewie Griffin
7 hours ago, Taffin said:

So how do they fulfil all the individual customer orders they currently do through their website at volumes vastly greater than our total sum of shirts sold?

Umbro won't have someone manually bagging and tagging in the way Hearts do. It'll be significantly quicker and cheaper as they're already doing that on a far bigger scale.

Even if it still cost the consumer £6 quid p&p Umbro would likely get them out in a correspondingly quick timeframe so it feels less of a rip off, Hearts don't need to pay as many staff and could pass the £6 onto Umbro or a percentage split. There's just no good reason for Hearts to take them into stock and no real reason for Umbro not to post them as it's already a major part of their operation...I doubt they'd even need to scale up tbh.

I ordered the 3rd top for my daughter from Umbro on Friday and got it this afternoon, Free shipping plus money off with the blue light card so only cost £44. Good service 

10 hours ago, been here before said:

Show me where I said you said they were bang on.

Then slide the broom handle oot yer arse, see if it stops you being so uptight :lol:

Any eejit can imply something without saying it explicitly. 

On 06/08/2023 at 10:07, Koolkeith said:

Both the Shop and the 1874 bar suffer from the same thing, most of the time they are dead and sat about twiddling their thumbs, then when it comes to kit launches/home matches etc they can't cope. Just like the bar who aren't going to be able to get top bartenders to pour 300 pints of moretti once a fortnight, the shop aren't going to be able to recruit the best people in retail, best we can hope for is looking at a warehousing/distribution partner that than manages all the online orders and the shop is left to then only deal with in person sales.

Had an email from Royal Mail saying it's with them but the item has been re-routed. **** sake. 28th I think it was I ordered it and now it'll not even be here in time for the trip to Norway. Piss poor

Phil D. Corners
30 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Both the Shop and the 1874 bar suffer from the same thing, most of the time they are dead and sat about twiddling their thumbs, then when it comes to kit launches/home matches etc they can't cope. Just like the bar who aren't going to be able to get top bartenders to pour 300 pints of moretti once a fortnight, the shop aren't going to be able to recruit the best people in retail, best we can hope for is looking at a warehousing/distribution partner that than manages all the online orders and the shop is left to then only deal with in person sales.

I’m pretty sure the club use temp agencies or have some part time members of staff for peak periods. 

The club already Tweeted that they have brought more staff in to the shop, but I’m not sure that they was enough sadly! 

On 06/08/2023 at 11:07, Koolkeith said:

Sadly true and remains so. Is it a Budge pal in charge nowadays? Genuine question, as from the outside looking in, there appears to be little accountability. 

I’ve a (jambo) mate who has worked in retail for 20+ years, and now in football retail.  He cannot believe how poorly it is run from pretty much every aspect - Range/ choice/ supply issues/ website/ customer service/ PR/ money it makes for the club. Ultimately letting down the fans and the club. Shame all round really as it could and should be so much better.  

6 minutes ago, tamflogel said:

Sadly true and remains so. Is it a Budge pal in charge nowadays? Genuine question, as from the outside looking in, there appears to be little accountability. 

I’ve a (jambo) mate who has worked in retail for 20+ years, and now in football retail.  He cannot believe how poorly it is run from pretty much every aspect - Range/ choice/ supply issues/ website/ customer service/ PR/ money it makes for the club. Ultimately letting down the fans and the club. Shame all round really as it could and should be so much better.  

Can't say I've had any bad experiences using the shop, other than maybe a small queue when I've been in before a match.

Not used online shopping so can't comment on that.

How much money does it make for the club? Where are the figures?