New kits (third strip pre-order now available)

Angel eyes

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• Sertse

• tian447

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Quite strange, to me, the negative reaction to the badge, considering what it represents in a 150th anniversary year.

When I first started to go to Hearts games, we didn’t have a badge of any description on our kit. Must have been late 70s/early 80s before one appeared?
I don’t know how common it was for Scottish teams to have a badge in 1874. This version is a clear tribute to the original team, which was roundly suggested by Hearts fans over the last few months.

20 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Indeed - I’m amazed some on here just don’t get that! 🤷‍♂️

Just because something has historical significance doesn't mean everyone has to automatically find it aesthetically pleasing. People have different tastes. 

The badge is neither the original nor the new one. It's a mashup that I personally find to look bizarre. If others like it fair enough. 🤷‍♂️

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Indeed - I’m amazed some on here just don’t get that! 🤷‍♂️

absolutely get it.  But are folk not allowed to think that, despite the clear rationale and historical significance, maybe it would just aesthetically look 5% better?  

it’s a cracking kit. Still allowed an opinion as to what would make it even better x

PhoenixHearts
37 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Would like to see the badge closer up. Is the current badge embossed/outlined on the larger heart?

Screenshot_20230727_190642.jpg

Said to you all, 3rd strip was a thing of beauty. I’ve had to keep quiet about this for weeks. Saw a bit of it getting filmed and some of the photo shoots. My lads have been hassling me for the home strips but I’ve had to keep them waiting until this came out, now both of them want it.

Bungalow Bill
9 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Thank you, superb. 

Edited by Bungalow Bill

Geddyalexneil

I am one of those that rarely buy football tops. I have the white 1998 with all the cup winning sigs on it, the 1914 shirt and the FOH with my name on it. I never wear them. For me they are wonderful keepsakes of history. This is another I will buy. The video is stunning and the piano music version of the club song was wonderful. 

I am hoping they have enough so I can get one too.  

Need to get that slowed down Hearts song played before a match 

Preferably an evening kick off

Spine tingling 

Late to the thread here. It’s genuinely perfect. The badge couldn’t be any other way considering what it represents.

I genuinely believe this will be our greatest ever selling kit, not just non-home kit but of all time

22 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Said to you all, 3rd strip was a thing of beauty. I’ve had to keep quiet about this for weeks. Saw a bit of it getting filmed and some of the photo shoots. My lads have been hassling me for the home strips but I’ve had to keep them waiting until this came out, now both of them want it.

That must have been torture

PhoenixHearts
12 minutes ago, dumpson said:

Has the keepers kit to go with this been revealed yet ??

That's the only thing slightly disappointing with this 3rd kit. If there was a bespoke keeper kit to go with it you'd think Gordon would be wearing it in the video. 

I guess he'll just be wearing the yellow or blue when we wear this.

Shame. A black or grey version of this as the keeper kit would have been great. 

OR what if they'd done a reversed version for the keeper, with Gordon finally getting to wear maroon!

Would be cool if we could have a simplified version of the SPFL name/number decals as the new ones they've just released will completely ruin this kit.

Love the Hearts song on the piano. I’ve been going to Tynie for 37 years and it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. This one takes it to another level in the video!

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

That’s what it looks like 

The past and the present 

I like it

Portable Badger
5 hours ago, BRY said:

It's a STUNNER!

That is absolutely stunning that kit !!!    Wow, just Wow

Roxy Hearts
39 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Love the Hearts song on the piano. I’ve been going to Tynie for 37 years and it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. This one takes it to another level in the video!

I was at the 2 1 Aberdeen game with my grandson when the Hearts song played. I'm 62 and had lump in my throat! That song is my Grandad, my Dad, my brother and me. 

Love this version too.

Maybe on international duty when filming

30 minutes ago, Bozi said:

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1684605925330432001?t=4FQYbUXxeMzGBAaLf7wm8g&s=08

So I have watched this several times now and absolutely adore it, it's classic, heartfelt, emotional and just incredible...

But why is the current captain, top goalscorer and leader for the start of the season not in this?

Mr Elwood P
35 minutes ago, Bozi said:

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1684605925330432001?t=4FQYbUXxeMzGBAaLf7wm8g&s=08

So I have watched this several times now and absolutely adore it, it's classic, heartfelt, emotional and just incredible...

But why is the current captain, top goalscorer and leader for the start of the season not in this?

I just came on to ask this. Got a slightly uneasy feeling about it. Especially as we seem to have two new forwards incoming now ...

37 minutes ago, Bozi said:

This was filmed soon after season finished  so im guessing while he was away wi Scotland.

Also we chose our handsomest boys and the yins what look classic. Youd be burnt at the stake in Victorian times for having Shanks' foreheid. Hes off brand.

Its one of the two reasons above

2 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Would like to see the badge closer up. Is the current badge embossed/outlined on the larger heart?

Yes it is 👍

38 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

That’s what it looks like 

The past and the present 

I like it

Yes beautifully thought out but way over the heads of some on here!

WheatfieldWarrior
12 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

That is ****in sickening. You can

be proud of your roots/past but ffs, you could mistake that for a Hibs badge.  

They just got relegated so at least they are going full steam ahead on the Hibs thing.

20 minutes ago, MrB1985 said:

What’s the sizing like on current kits as not bought one since Puma days. 

is an XL fit like an XL or is it size up

I've consistently been an L with all the Umbro kits, and was an L with the Puma ones as well. You'll likely be fine with your normal size :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

absolutely get it.  But are folk not allowed to think that, despite the clear rationale and historical significance, maybe it would just aesthetically look 5% better?  

it’s a cracking kit. Still allowed an opinion as to what would make it even better x

Yes you’re entitled to your opinion but the design is to reflect our history - slapping the newer crest on it would ruin the concept…….all in my opinion…..

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Just because something has historical significance doesn't mean everyone has to automatically find it aesthetically pleasing. People have different tastes. 

The badge is neither the original nor the new one. It's a mashup that I personally find to look bizarre. If others like it fair enough. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t find it a “ mash up” whatsoever! It has specifically been designed as the 150th anniversary strip that very cleverly integrates the original crest with the later version.

heartgarfunkel

Oooft. Buying. Everything good about this kit, the launch, the reaction. Needs to be the default strip this season. Lose in it and Tam Purdie will kick your ***** in. 

I may have missed this from an earlier post but have Umbro given us two sets of white shorts this season? Presumably there will be maroon ones available too....

It's late, I've been out and about all day, but I've just seen it . Oh !! fer fecks sake !! That is BEAUTIFUL !!!!  I will have one, oh my CLUB you have produced a BEAUTY !! Thank you Hearts !!

My two pence worth..

Home top... yeah, nice enough.. 

Away top.. Why 2 shades of pink? And both too bright. A cooked salmon with maroon trim? woulda coulda shoulda..

Third top... Pure class. Moistness. What we've been waiting for. Exudes beauty. Please do a XXXL.. (I'm a fatty).. Actually brought a tear to my eye with the whole video, Hearts song in piano, the players with side partings etc... Not to mention Bennies pose in the chair... 

Black third away top my fave of ours since the silver of 86... 

Knocked out the park by a country mile with this..  

I hope I can get one.. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Wow. Majestic. Spine-tingling video. Amazing group photo. Every one of them looked magnificent. ♥️

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to New kits (third strip pre-order now available)