#boycottawaygrounds

kingantti1874

davemclaren
52 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Surely to get back at clubs more boycotting cup games will be better to boycott?

Not only would the clubs not get any money from Hearts fans they would have to shell out half the gate money from their fans to Hearts.

Even if the games are at Tynecastle? 😎

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• EIEIO

queensferryjambo
25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don't want to boycott anyone but if it comes to it no home games will ever be boycotted :)

Getintaethem

The sad reality is, by the time this pandemic is over, this thread will be long forgotten.  The government’s top two scientists and numerous other leading experts have clearly stated that forms of social distancing and regular lockdowns will need to stay in place for a minimum of six months and possibly up to two years, or until a vaccine is found.  It’s highly unlikely that any mass gatherings at football grounds will happen this year.  I don’t think that’s sunk in with a lot of people.

1 hour ago, Getintaethem said:

The sad reality is, by the time this pandemic is over, this thread will be long forgotten.  The government’s top two scientists and numerous other leading experts have clearly stated that forms of social distancing and regular lockdowns will need to stay in place for a minimum of six months and possibly up to two years, or until a vaccine is found.  It’s highly unlikely that any mass gatherings at football grounds will happen this year.  I don’t think that’s sunk in with a lot of people.

Agreed mate. What an absolute shit fest this is... anyway,I'm off back to YouTube to rewatch Event 201...

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Hopefully in that time many of these clubs will be bust anyway. 

Nelly Terraces
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hopefully in that time many of these clubs will be bust anyway. 

Agreed. Really hope a few go tits up. They've knifed us big time so **** every last one of them.

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Agreed. Really hope a few go tits up. They've knifed us big time so **** every last one of them.

Every club has good guys in it's support and I wouldn't wish the turmoil we experienced on any good guy

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Every club has good guys in it's support and I wouldn't wish the turmoil we experienced on any good guy

Perhaps these “good guys” need to start lobbying their clubs to wake up then. 

Otherwise, tough.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I haven’t see anyone lobbying to do the right thing beyond a few calling for re- construction

Unknown user
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I haven’t see anyone lobbying to do the right thing beyond a few calling for re- construction

I wouldn't imagine you see a lot of the emails or letters a club receives though to be fair.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I wouldn't imagine you see a lot of the emails or letters a club receives though to be fair.

True

To be honest, most of JKB the last 24 hrs has just been us venting our frustration and anger. The real test will be how Hearts respond as a club to these teams and I suspect they will want to move on. 

I don’t know if I can accept that right now, frankly. 

Unknown user
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

True

To be honest, most of JKB the last 24 hrs has just been us venting our frustration and anger. The real test will be how Hearts respond as a club to these teams and I suspect they will want to move on. 

I don’t know if I can accept that right now, frankly. 

Understandable 

Have we enough in favour of boycotting certain grounds? Personally whether we have or not I’d favour a boycott we have along with the obvious two plus Aberdeen a big away support that’s a big hole in a club’s finances they’ve voted against us so obviously can’t be to fussed whether we are there or no! They boycott us, fine give our support the away allocation we’ve supported our club before we’ll do it again siege mentality makes us stronger.....and what goes round comes round.

Jambos_1874

Boycotting away games achieves nothing and is quite petty IMO; feels like an OF-type thing to do. You prevent Hearts having valuable away support and make Scottish football poorer still by reducing gate money. Also, I don't think this is other clubs "voting against us". They will be looking at the situation and making sure they survive, not making sure we are relegated. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

Boycotting away games achieves nothing and is quite petty IMO; feels like an OF-type thing to do. You prevent Hearts having valuable away support and make Scottish football poorer still by reducing gate money. Also, I don't think this is other clubs "voting against us". They will be looking at the situation and making sure they survive, not making sure we are relegated. 

So because they once did it, or threatened to do it, we cannot? Did Celtic invent the boycott as well as the huddle?

Sick if hearing the phrase used tbh

Jambos_1874
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So because they once did it, or threatened to do it, we cannot? Did Celtic invent the boycott as well as the huddle?

Sick if hearing the phrase used tbh

We can do it if we want, really no restructions there, it's just my opinion. I do think it is a pathetic way to act as a support though and is thr type of bitter, small-minded way of thinking which the OF are notorious for. If we were in the position of the other clubs there is a good chance we would be voting in favour of the SPFL proposals. Also, let's not forget how other clubs like StJohnstone etc helped us when we were about to be liquidated.

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

We can do it if we want, really no restructions there, it's just my opinion. I do think it is a pathetic way to act as a support though and is thr type of bitter, small-minded way of thinking which the OF are notorious for. If we were in the position of the other clubs there is a good chance we would be voting in favour of the SPFL proposals. Also, let's not forget how other clubs like StJohnstone etc helped us when we were about to be liquidated.

And you don’t think voting to expel us just so clubs can get their grubby hands in a few quid is petty? 

**** them all. 

Edit: do you know what it’s perceived as an “OF thing”? Because they have the fans and power to do it. Well we will be the Old Firm of the Championship next season...

Edited by Nookie Bear

Jambos_1874
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

And you don’t think voting to expel us just so clubs can get their grubby hands in a few quid is petty? 

**** them all. 

Edit: do you know what it’s perceived as an “OF thing”? Because they have the fans and power to do it. Well we will be the Old Firm of the Championship next season...

No, I think it is about survival. They have looked at their balance sheet and outgoings and most lilely made the decision that this is the best solution for them, which is absolutely their right. I am generally against self interest but these are exceptional times. I don't think that we were too high on their agenda when they voted - they were looking after number one first and foremost and I am pretty sure that most clubs would regard us as unfortunate collateral damage as part of that decision.

Edited by Jambos_1874

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

No, I think it is about survival. They have looked at their balance sheet and outgoings and most lilely made the decision that this is the best solution for them, which is absolutely their right. I am generally against self interest but these are exceptional times. I don't think that we were too high on their agenda when they voted - they were looking after number one first and foremost and I am pretty sure that most clubs would regard us as unfortunate collateral damage as part of that decision.

Yes, and self-preservation meant expelling is. Just to grab a few quick pounds. 

The money hibs have just gained will be lost (and then some) when they miss out on two packed away ends. And I hope - expect - that any relationship between our clubs is severed with immediate effect. 

Livingston: happy to lose our away support next season? Mugs. 

So yes, they were voting for self interest but the single biggest impact of this was expelling the 3rd best supported club in the country. And the Championship clubs can gtf if they think we should be filling their grounds next season as well. 

Whatever happens I'm confident fans will support the club.

Hard to say what will happen with away games. You want to support the team.

But the donation to Hearts instead of giving other clubs money is a worthy option.

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Sorry, but I've got a bit of a different slant of your reasonable points.

Hearts will lose a lot of money by being expelled from the top league. If Hearts fans choose to not go to away matches in the championship next season, whenever that is, but give a donation to Hearts instead, it means that this is the best solution for Hearts, financially.

We shouldn't prevent our fans from helping Hearts overcome the financial impact of this stitch up, so that we can help other clubs not be poorer for making the decision they felt they had to make.

The clubs had the opportunity to tell Doncaster, and Celtic, that they didn't think this vote was necessary to get their prize money. It didn't have to be done this way. It was a bribe to give Celtic the title. They went along with it.

Jambos_1874
14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yes, and self-preservation meant expelling is. Just to grab a few quick pounds. 

The money hibs have just gained will be lost (and then some) when they miss out on two packed away ends. And I hope - expect - that any relationship between our clubs is severed with immediate effect. 

Livingston: happy to lose our away support next season? Mugs. 

So yes, they were voting for self interest but the single biggest impact of this was expelling the 3rd best supported club in the country. And the Championship clubs can gtf if they think we should be filling their grounds next season as well. 

Although I think the finance our fans give to rival clubs through our away support is important, I think you are over-stating it and I doubt it is the difference between life and death. These clubs will need to make sure that they are actually around next season to even give us the oportunity to boycott them.

Nookie Bear

Although I think the finance our fans give to rival clubs through our away support is important, I think you are over-stating it and I doubt it is the difference between life and death. These clubs will need to make sure that they are actually around next season to even give us the oportunity to boycott them.

Well hopefully they are struggling big time by the time they kick off next season. Especially those who deferred salaries. 

Jambos_1874
8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Sorry, but I've got a bit of a different slant of your reasonable points.

Hearts will lose a lot of money by being expelled from the top league. If Hearts fans choose to not go to away matches in the championship next season, whenever that is, but give a donation to Hearts instead, it means that this is the best solution for Hearts, financially.

We shouldn't prevent our fans from helping Hearts overcome the financial impact of this stitch up, so that we can help other clubs not be poorer for making the decision they felt they had to make.

The clubs had the opportunity to tell Doncaster, and Celtic, that they didn't think this vote was necessary to get their prize money. It didn't have to be done this way. It was a bribe to give Celtic the title. They went along with it.

I am absolutely not against giving the money to Hearts directly instead of going to away games, but I eould certainly not be doing it to spite the club we were playing. It would be purely to help Hearts. I personally would still go to away games because supporting my team is part of the reason I follow Hearts, obviously. I can always up my FoH contribution too.

But yes, this could and should have been handled differently.

Jambos_1874
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well hopefully they are struggling big time by the time they kick off next season. Especially those who deferred salaries. 

With the exception of the OF, I genuinely hope no club is struggling. Scottish football is poor enough as it is and I want to see it collectively succeed.

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

With the exception of the OF, I genuinely hope no club is struggling. Scottish football is poor enough as it is and I want to see it collectively succeed.

Sorry, all gloves are off and I hope they survive...barely. I bloody hope they are still docking 15 points for admin as well. 

44 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

If we are removed from the top league through a vote. I want to lash out at those clubs that voted against us. On and off the pitch. I'm not remotely interested in their motivation.

Jambos_1874
4 minutes ago, pablo said:

If we are removed from the top league through a vote. I want to lash out at those clubs that voted against us. On and off the pitch. I'm not remotely interested in their motivation.

I think it is them voting for themselves, not against us.

SectionDJambo
15 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I am absolutely not against giving the money to Hearts directly instead of going to away games, but I eould certainly not be doing it to spite the club we were playing. It would be purely to help Hearts. I personally would still go to away games because supporting my team is part of the reason I follow Hearts, obviously. I can always up my FoH contribution too.

But yes, this could and should have been handled differently.

The obvious conflict is between being there to support the team, or feeling you would rather not give financial aid to a club who you feel didn't think much about us in this charade.

I think it is them voting for themselves, not against us.

Including Hibs?

The biggest thing for me is the way the vermin voted. They gave up six figure sum to appease their supporters who wanted to put the boot in. 
I sincerely hope Hearts supporters boycott that fixture when we come back up forever more. Not giving them nigh on £100k in gate receipts for filling our end is what to do. 
All gloves are off and I don’t want to see more than one section of them in the Roseburn . Bare minimum

Jambos_1874
1 minute ago, pablo said:

Including Hibs?

Yes, like every club their first motivation will have been to ensure their own survival. Maybe us going down was more prominent in their minds that for other clubs, but having both of us in the league is mutually beneficial. We are thinking of this from a fans perspective and that is often at odds with the practical reality.

I’d like to see Stuart Wallace set up a different FOH account or a just giving page, for all contributions that fans like myself, who attend home and away, whatever the weather, location or midweek, will make as a sundry payment towards non attendance of away matches. This money could be saved up and paid to the club in two instalments. One at Christmas time and one at the end of the season. Our target would be to raise £100,000 minimum. I have no intentions of visiting or helping any other club in Scotland by donating my hard earned cash into the coffers of these clubs. Patrick, Stranraer and Inverness are the exceptions. 

If this doesn’t gain any ground, then I will ask for four Independant trustees to help me set up an account that boycotting fans can pay into fortnightly instead of attending away games. Said account will be monitored and reported on a weekly basis and funds released to the club will be either monthly or at the discretion of all members who want to donate.

If I get enough interest then I will start the ball rolling with a £1,000 donation to the ‘Hearts are Fighting Back Fund’ 

Anyone genuinely interested then please PM me and we can set this up once lockdown restrictions are removed. 

Yours for the Cause

HHGH

SJ

On 09/04/2020 at 17:22, kingantti1874 said:

As someone else said, this is not relegation.. this is an unsporting demotion.  

If the club will not fight this then real fans must.

lets use this to keep a track of no go grounds for hearts fans and document other ideas.. if your happy to meekly roll over please stay on the other thread. 

Livingston first team in the list - always go to this away game given location.. will NEVER set foot in almondvale again, hearts. Should not entertain any player loans such as bobby burns to Livingston again.. 

The best answer we can give to the likes of those who voted yes to our expulsion is to bounce straight back as they are being relegated. If we go down it's a great chance to regroup and return in good financial health. Relegation by default is preferable to staying up by default imo. We'll deal with it but won't forget how Hibs etc voted. Older fans will remember how Hearts fans played a part in opposing the merger of our two clubs that would have put them out of existence. And historically it was our club that pushed to have them in the league at the very beginning when they were a bunch of Celtic imitating bog trotters. The future's maroon...!

Yes, like every club their first motivation will have been to ensure their own survival. Maybe us going down was more prominent in their minds that for other clubs, but having both of us in the league is mutually beneficial. We are thinking of this from a fans perspective and that is often at odds with the practical reality.

How very accommodating of you. Thankfully your opinion will very much be a minority one if we are shat on and the fallout of this will be a very angry Hearts, hopefully in the Boardroom, on the pitch and definitely in the stands.

7 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

your on the wrong thread mate. This is for fans who feel cheated and are looking for some action. 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Oh come on - still this .. they could pass a resolution releasing the funds for the lowest possibly position the clubs could finish.

this would mean every club with the exception of Celtic would get between 70 and 100% of what they will ultimately receive. Celtic would get more than 50% 

they are not looking for sensible, pragmatic solutions to ensure safety, preserve sporting integrity and buy time.

we have a deeply corrupt SPFL, who as usual have had their arm twisted by Celtic who’s only interest is another bought title.. the clubs have bought into that and done give a **** about fairness for hearts..

**** them all with the small number of exceptions.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Section Q said:

The best answer we can give to the likes of those who voted yes to our expulsion is to bounce straight back as they are being relegated. If we go down it's a great chance to regroup and return in good financial health. Relegation by default is preferable to staying up by default imo. We'll deal with it but won't forget how Hibs etc voted. Older fans will remember how Hearts fans played a part in opposing the merger of our two clubs that would have put them out of existence. And historically it was our club that pushed to have them in the league at the very beginning when they were a bunch of Celtic imitating bog trotters. The future's maroon...!

we are already in great financial health, we probably won’t be if we go down.. it will cost us £3 or £4 million per season. other teams are securing their financial health at our expense.

please stop calling on relegation. It is expulsion. 

NaturalOrder74

Voting for themselves is a load of shite, Aberdeen and hibs both had more money on the cards if they had voted abasing it and looks like budge has been played for an absolute fool by both Aberdeen and hibs. 

Other clubs should be stepping up and saying what’s going on here isn’t right for the greater good of Scottish football, spfl are just as keen to get this wrapped us as the clubs are 

NaturalOrder74
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Oh come on - still this .. they could pass a resolution releasing the funds for the lowest possibly position the clubs could finish.

this would mean every club with the exception of Celtic would get between 70 and 100% of what they will ultimately receive. Celtic would get more than 50% 

they are not looking for sensible, pragmatic solutions to ensure safety, preserve sporting integrity and buy time.

we have a deeply corrupt SPFL, who as usual have had their arm twisted by Celtic who’s only interest is another bought title.. the clubs have bought into that and done give a **** about fairness for hearts..

Exactly celtic don’t give the slightest **** about any of these clubs they just want their silverware. Seems that means more to the people that run this than clubs surviving too. We shouldn’t be made to feel guilty about these clubs when it’s the set up that’s doing the damage. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we are already in great financial health, we probably won’t be if we go down.. it will cost us £3 or £4 million per season. other teams are securing their financial health at our expense.

"""""""""""""""please stop calling on relegation. It is expulsion.""""""""

And please stop saying ""we are already in great financial health""......!!!!!

husref musemic
1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

The club's could vote this down & still release the funds. Unless you believe the propaganda - it's this Celtic proposal or oblivion 😂

Suggesting we pour tens of thousands into their coffers in future & just forget is shameful.

F""" the them if they are poorer. f""" em.  We'll certainly be.

Jambos_1874
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Oh I don't disagree. As I said before, this could and should have been handled differently and there was the possibility for a fairer compromise when we knew more about how things may pan out. I am merely stating that, as things stand, they have voted for number one first and Hearts are unfortunately an afterthought. Also saying that I will probably not boycott away games as I love going to see the JTs.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

And please stop saying ""we are already in great financial health""......!!!!!

we are, our turnover would be north of £16million, last year our profit was £2.9million we have no bank debt. This Before £1.4m in tax free subsidies comes into the equation

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we are, our turnover would be north of £16million, last year our profit was £2.9million we have no bank debt. This Before £1.4m in tax free subsidies comes into the equation

Unfortunately we will have a massive wage bill, paying a squad of players who have let us down and are becoming hated due to their nonsense over wage cuts, and our income will be seriously reduced in The Championship. 

Which means that not going to away games and putting more money into Hearts directly is the better option from a financial standpoint, not just a moral one. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

husref musemic
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Unfortunately we will have a massive wage bill, paying a squad of players who have let us down and are becoming hated due to their nonsense over wage cuts, and our income will be seriously reduced in The Championship 

good point and being lost in this.

that squad refusing pay cuts. 

15 hours ago, Yoda said:

They'll get none of my cash either.  I'll support Edinburgh City or my local junior team when Hearts are away.

Hopefully this also nails Ann cosy pals act with H1b5.  First chance they got and they ****ed us over.  Petrie gets the rivalry, Ann needs to wise up.

#respecttherivalry

Budge taken in again.

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Go to hospitality  for cup games money not shared from that.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

#respecttherivalry

Budge taken in again.

Defining few weeks coming up for Ann. 

Needs to show the required fight here. If not to save us from expulsion but to expose the shady nonsense that has got us to this place. 

And then she needs to show her determination (and petty side) to make sure life is as uncomfortable as we can make it for all our proposal-supporting opponents. And that includes breaking all ties with Dempster. 

I am not really hopeful tbh and think this will be the final nail in the coffin with regards to her relationship with the fans. 

Will there be another vote to expel us and/or vote on reconstruction? If this one is a contrived vote to combine  a tainted championship and the release of cash wont they need another vote. Could be a different result when gun is not being held at the heads of clubs to get their cash payout?

Interesting to see how relegation issue is handled by other , less bent, leagues in Europe.