#boycottawaygrounds

kingantti1874

2 minutes ago, stan said:

That's my take on it. Any idea they would offer reconstruction later is  a non-starter, otherwise they'd offer something tangible now.

A vote for this and we go down.

There’s a couple of months to discuss reconstruction before UEFA give guidelines.  This about here and now for the lower league clubs.  

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• EIEIO

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I think Hibs fans will find themselves positively gutted when Leanne Dempster decides not to vote for it. 

I think this is highly likely given her and Ann have very similar mindsets.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Not on league reconstruction or extending the season and even playing behind closed doors.  No teams are actually voting or probably want HMFC to get relegated. 

Most couldn’t care, as long as they get their money now. 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes top league voting as well so that if they can’t finish they go same way as other three leagues. 

I knew all 42 clubs were voting but they are only voting on terminating the lower leagues. Surely that result cant just be applied to the top league without another vote of the top clubs. Sure it will be a good indicator of how it would pan out if there was a second vote and then if clubs do vote us down in the second vote we’ve got a point, except obviously we won’t be playing any of the offending clubs for at least another season. And surely it would need an 11-1 majority. No way they would get that through.

Edited by JimmyCant

davemclaren
Just now, JimmyCant said:

I knew all 42 clubs were voting but they are only voting on terminating the lower leagues. Surely that result cant just be applied to the top league without another vote of the top clubs. Sure it will be a good indicator of how it would pan out if there was a second vote and then if clubs do vote us down in the second vote we’ve got a point, except obviously we won’t be playing any of the offending clubs for at least another season.

The vote allows the SPFL Board to do it after the Uefa date. 

Livingston v Raith on a cold, wet Wednesday night, with both scrambling near the bottom of the league, would certainly be a money spinner.

Be careful what you wish for.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The vote allows the SPFL Board to do it after the Uefa date. 

Yes I’ve just re-read the statement and the analysis of it. Different kettle of fish to what I thought then. Jesus !! 

I now presume this will be a public vote. I.e we’ll know which clubs voted which way ?

Edited by JimmyCant

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Most couldn’t care, as long as they get their money now. 

There’s a massive difference between caring and actively wanting.  All clubs will look after themselves and it’s not got anything to do with trying to relegate hmfc. 

davemclaren
Just now, Last Laff said:

There’s a massive difference between caring and actively wanting.  All clubs will look after themselves and it’s not got anything to do with trying to relegate hmfc. 

I was agreeing. 😎

Think that Livvy statement is extremely premature, because I don't believe for a second this vote will be passed. We'll find unlikely allies in Hibs and Aberdeen, along with the obvious ally in Rangers, and the SPFL will need to look for another fudge.

Livvy though, they've nailed their colours to the mast. I'm not sure they'll find a bigger customer than Hearts, outwith the old firm at least. Their latest statement and stance is a big F U C K U to Hearts and their supporters. I for one won't forget. I'll be delighted when we take 200 through there, the next time we play them.

Let's not under sell how much we mean to tin pot clubs like Livvy, Hamilton, St Mirren, Hibs 😉 etc.

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

There’s a couple of months to discuss reconstruction before UEFA give guidelines.  This about here and now for the lower league clubs.  

You perhaps have a lot more trust in SPFL administrators than is deserved. They won't seriously revisit these discussions if current standings are final.

30 minutes ago, stan said:

No reason why it would take weeks or months to resolve the money issue. That can be fairly allocated on current positions. 

Its not necessary to tie that in with unwarranted relegation. That part is self interest and on that there is a choice by all who vote.

You can of course continue to fund those clubs who would act against Hearts interests if you wish. I certainly won't.

Well, it will take weeks because they cannot end the season until the 23rd of April and if the proposal is rejected (which it will be) you're talking another week or two of discussions. So yes, weeks or, months. 

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No 15 point deductions because of the pandemic apparently, boycotting the league cup is no more adult than boycotting the clubs who vote against us. One would bring a fine at least, the other would result in more money for our club and looking after our interests, as you say we shouldnt be criticised for that.

The League Cup is the SPFL's tournament, they are the ones to blame for this debacle, so how you come to that conclusion is beyond me. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, stan said:

You perhaps have a lot more trust in SPFL administrators than is deserved. They won't seriously revisit these discussions if current standings are final.

They would need to persuade Sky it won’t affect their viewing figures or the tv deal is gone. That’s the elephant in the room. 

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I knew all 42 clubs were voting but they are only voting on terminating the lower leagues. Surely that result cant just be applied to the top league without another vote of the top clubs. Sure it will be a good indicator of how it would pan out if there was a second vote and then if clubs do vote us down in the second vote we’ve got a point, except obviously we won’t be playing any of the offending clubs for at least another season. And surely it would need an 11-1 majority. No way they would get that through.

No, the top league vote is whether they follow the same process as other three leagues if they can’t play to a finish in time to start next season on time. 11-1 is only required for reconstruction, expulsions etc. 

12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think this is highly likely given her and Ann have very similar mindsets.

Hibs are being ****ed out of money, so I can't see why they would vote for. Also, a Cup Semi is worth half a million to us both and the SPFL concluding the season early means the SFA probably abandon the Cup. 

Aberdeen will no doubt vote against it too considering they are getting screwed out of a potential 3rd place and prize money. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Well, it will take weeks because they cannot end the season until the 23rd of April and if the proposal is rejected (which it will be) you're talking another week or two of discussions. So yes, weeks or, months. 

The League Cup is the SPFL's tournament, they are the ones to blame for this debacle, so how you come to that conclusion is beyond me. 

Do you think we can just refuse to participate in their tournament without some sort of punishment. It would make more sense to refuse to take tickets for the away games and make the teams sell them themselves.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Level 11 is entry point though. 10 promotions, 10 years to get to EPl. Even getting to championship is 9 years away. 

Pretty sure there is a fast track system,  pyramid 

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I don't understand that view. The clubs are being forced to vote in their own interests by the SPFL. They need the money, so they are looking after themselves. I can't blame them. 

We shouldn't even be 12th. This is the fault of the Hearts board that we find ourselves in this position in the first place. 

Let's boycott Tynecastle then!!!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seems ridiculous we have to play a semi final for their financial situation while relegating us. 

This is where you have to make a stand.

If we are getting relegated bin the team,  should be straight forward and start again with a set of balls, not walked over meekly .

SFA SPFL I don't really give a ****,  po tay toes, po tat o's

Edited by Sir Gio

NaturalOrder74

Is it possible with this vote being on ‘lower leagues’ that they might bring out a second vote for the premiership of a reconstruction ? Or you reckon that’s not a possibility and they’re just doing this to cement the same on the spl ? 

Also, when was the deadline for this particular vote was it 12 today ? 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do you think we can just refuse to participate in their tournament without some sort of punishment. It would make more sense to refuse to take tickets for the away games and make the teams sell them themselves.

I don't know. I thought Tournaments were all invitational. 

2 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Is it possible with this vote being on ‘lower leagues’ that they might bring out a second vote for the premiership of a reconstruction ? Or you reckon that’s not a possibility and they’re just doing this to cement the same on the spl ? 

Also, when was the deadline for this particular vote was it 12 today ? 

I think it must be a possibility otherwise there would be no point in Hibs and possibly Aberdeen voting against it for the sake of a league place.

5pm tomorrow. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't know. I thought Tournaments were all invitational. 

It’s mandatory.

8DC9341D-9C3E-498E-98D1-F0FBA7652FD0.jpeg

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I think it must be a possibility otherwise there would be no point in Hibs and possibly Aberdeen voting against it for the sake of a league place.

5pm tomorrow. 

It’s not they will simply roll it out, if it was then to go to another vote why would we vote tomorrow?

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not they will simply roll it out, if it was then to go to another vote why would we vote tomorrow?

To clarify the ruling if there’s no league reconstruction or no chance of extending the league season? If there’s automatically no chance of either happening why would Aberdeen vote against it? Even Hibs?  They both want the season voided against the majority of other clubs for the sake of a league position or two? 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

To clarify the ruling if there’s no league reconstruction or no chance of extending the league season? If there’s automatically no chance of either happening why would Aberdeen vote against it? Even Hibs?  They both want the season voided against the majority of other clubs for the sake of a league position or two? 

The vote tomorrow is the only vote on this that we will be involved in, if it passes the SPFL can relegate us on April 23rd if UEFA confirm European places will not be revoked. Aberdeen might vote against it as they can still get third but the SFA have said if the cup can’t be finished in time Aberdeen will get the European place from the cup. Hibs would lose a placing and two full house away ends which adds up to around £400k.

They want the decision made now, so they can call it and pay out the TV money. 
There is still a slim chance of the season being finished and of reconstruction, but the SPFL don’t believe either is a viable option. If it goes against tomorrow we’re down, no other vote will be taken on it.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Exactly what the huns said when their team died. Didn't seem to last long. I'd still go every now and again as I currently do to support the team but not spend a penny on food, drinks, programmes etc.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Oh well, take the fine. 

It doesn’t say what the punishment is, and I’m not looking at that nonsense again 🙈. It would be better for us to boycott the away games and give the money to Hearts in some form instead don’t you think? Look after our own club first, like they’re doing?

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I don't understand that view. The clubs are being forced to vote in their own interests by the SPFL. They need the money, so they are looking after themselves. I can't blame them. 

We shouldn't even be 12th. This is the fault of the Hearts board that we find ourselves in this position in the first place. 

This for me. Petty nonsense. We deserve to be bottom. 

Only thing that ****s me off is we had those *******s beat at Hampden 100%.

Another Hampden pumping was definitely on the cards.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, oi oi said:

Exactly what the huns said when their team died. Didn't seem to last long. I'd still go every now and again as I currently do to support the team but not spend a penny on food, drinks, programmes etc.

It’s hard to tell, if 10k still don’t go to away games there’s plenty more knuckle draggers to take their place.

His name is

Do folk not realise that we would be voting for this plan of we were sitting in a comfortable league position? And we'd not be giving a toss for the team at the bottom!

Im more pissed off at the mismanagement of our club than other clubs looking out for themselves! 

Edited by His name is

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

There’s a good explanation on the BBC website.

1709D10A-CFEC-4644-A128-FF3B20077824.jpeg

E671579A-73B5-4154-9E03-D83200E20BE4.jpeg

DB44B1A6-1E5A-4FA3-A687-B8591648E7F4.jpeg

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

not if we grow a backbone and get organised.. 4000 can donate £20 to FOH .. thats 80k

Has to be the way.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, His name is said:

Do folk not realise that we would be voting for this plan of we were sitting in a comfortable league position? And we'd not be giving a toss for the team at the bottom!

Im more pissed off at the mismanagement of our club than other clubs looking out for themselves! 

I would like to think the bigger injustice being done to Partick would mean we wouldn’t. 
In any case let’s do what’s right for our club as everyone else is and not worry about others, give any money we would spend at other clubs grounds on our own instead. 
Let’s also not forget why we are in this situation, as you say we should be putting the blame where it lies for that.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

So the lower leagues don’t matter? It’s about fairness and if we were bottom after all games are played then no one would be complaining. Why with about 20% of the season to go should we take a massive financial hit so the other clubs are ok. Partick Thistle who have a game in hand at the bottom of the league are also just supposed to rollover and move on. We will also have a complete rebuild of our club from top to bottom which will affect our chances of promotion in one season. 

What’s the odds that they make it a blind vote so it’s not available who voted what ? 
would not surprise me whatsoever 

we need to all get behind our club like we always have and GTF all others if this is the likely scenario 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, His name is said:

Would we? Not sure about that in truth. Hypothetical that will never be answered 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Partick are in a ridiculous position. To relegate them is an absolute disgrace. Unforgivable 

I can see how they come to our conclusion as unethical as it is,  but anyone taking that decision to Partick down with a game in hand has no shame 

22 minutes ago, His name is said:

certainly not. Doesn’t matter who is bottom it’s absurd to relegate a team with nigh on a quarter of the season to go .

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I can see how they come to our conclusion as unethical as it is,  but anyone taking that decision to Partick down with a game in hand has no shame 

It’s expulsion for them and it’s a disgrace. The SPFL are not fit to even propose it. If I didn’t love my club as I do I would be finished with football given their shite they are proposing. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Partick are in a ridiculous position. To relegate them is an absolute disgrace. Unforgivable 

It’s disgusting, as annoyed as some of us are I can only imagine how bad they must be feeling.

julienbrellier

We should boycott away games. To think this wouldn’t make a difference to the likes of livi and St Johnston is fantasy stuff. We’re shite and still took what 6k to almondvale. They can get to **** as far as I’m concerned. 

agree it’s not much but if nobody else is prepared to take action the fans won’t forget. If we go down and get back up, assuming Hibs vote to send us down, I would ban them from Tynecastle and boycott Easter Road indefinitely 

HardcoreJambo
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

But, why?

It's not their fault they are being forced to vote. 

If we were in Livi's position, we'd probably vote for it. 

This. Ridiculous thread.

buzzbomb1958

Scottish football is now ****ed if they relegate us so be it ,we then boycott every away game in total , unless the spfl are willing to pump millions into the whole league system football will be bankrupt,don't give a shit who voted what or why we look after ourselves any other team suffering are collateral damage ,at the end of the day this could bring about the change that Scottish football has been crying out for and has needed  .Charity begins at home **** everyone else HHGH

Jambo 4 Ever
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

This 

500ClubCraig

Had we actually managed to Win the last game played on Wednesday 11th March 2020 I’m sure we’d all be happily supporting the Club to vote for this proposal.

Would we have been relegated if the season had been played to a finish, I wouldn’t have trusted this squad to finish 10th or better!

12 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Had we actually managed to Win the last game played on Wednesday 11th March 2020 I’m sure we’d all be happily supporting the Club to vote for this proposal.

Would we have been relegated if the season had been played to a finish, I wouldn’t have trusted this squad to finish 10th or better!

You may be right but I seriously doubt it.  Clubs are being ransomed here and I don't think Hearts would stand for it in any circumstances.

If it's possible to play by the end of May then play it out, including the Cup.  Otherwise, null and void.  Pay out the bulk of the money now to help clubs survive and adjust later.

500ClubCraig

If the clubs are all desperate for money then why don’t they simply pay them all the same amount now for finishing bottom and then top it up later to the amount for actual finishing positions, be that as they stand now or if by some miracle we actually complete the fixtures.

This whole vote is a nonsense and the excuse for it is to legitimise the release of prize money 💴