#boycottawaygrounds

kingantti1874

I’ll not be attending any away games involving any of the yes voters. If it’s a day in the piss people after then it may be time they sobered up long enough to remember there are plenty of pubs in Edinburgh.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• EIEIO

ArcticJambo

I'm not going to be holding it against any team for doing what they thought was best for them. I'll be taking my son to watch Hearts whenever possible, wherever they play, plain and simple.

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

I'm not going to be holding it against any team for doing what they thought was best for them. I'll be taking my son to watch Hearts whenever possible, wherever they play, plain and simple.

Here it turns out it won’t be best for them. Who’d have thunk self interest at some stage would bite you in the arse

weekend offender
20 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Wife / Partner - Darling are you coming shopping up town with me on Saturday, I know you mumbled something about you were going to boycott away games or are you just heading up to Arbroath (insert other options where applicable) for a day out with your best mates on the train, a few beers, a wee sing song, a few more beers and a fish supper on the way home as usual?

Husband / Partner - Just give me a few seconds to mull that over love.

Aye cause you go shopping with her in the summer every sat eh

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

Yep. Some people need to get a life. 

jamtartally
21 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Wife / Partner - Darling are you coming shopping up town with me on Saturday, I know you mumbled something about you were going to boycott away games or are you just heading up to Arbroath (insert other options where applicable) for a day out with your best mates on the train, a few beers, a wee sing song, a few more beers and a fish supper on the way home as usual?

Spot on as soon as football resumes (whenever that will be is anyone’s guess given current circumstances) fans will want to go to football regardless of what division Hearts are in. Best season I ever followed Hearts especially from an away perspective was the championship season under Neilson. Great supports and plenty of goals; and new grounds. The Auld Firm (especially Celtic) dominate the SPL and I for one won’t miss the back of them. Will miss the derby but at the end of the day this will all rest with when the season can start which in turn will determine our fate e.g. league might have to restructure but who knows. No point going on about boycotts etc. as just hot air IMO. Let’s say first game in 6 months that fans can go to is Raith Rovers. Guarantee Hearts end will be sold out and people will be singing in the pubs and the stadium just out of sheer relief. I am peeved off about the situation and position Hearts got themselves into but we need to move forward and take what medicine is given to us. HHGH 

joondalupjambo
43 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

Nah you play golf on a Saturday in the summer 😃

maroonsgotop
45 minutes ago, jamtartally said:

Spot on as soon as football resumes (whenever that will be is anyone’s guess given current circumstances) fans will want to go to football regardless of what division Hearts are in. Best season I ever followed Hearts especially from an away perspective was the championship season under Neilson. Great supports and plenty of goals; and new grounds. The Auld Firm (especially Celtic) dominate the SPL and I for one won’t miss the back of them. Will miss the derby but at the end of the day this will all rest with when the season can start which in turn will determine our fate e.g. league might have to restructure but who knows. No point going on about boycotts etc. as just hot air IMO. Let’s say first game in 6 months that fans can go to is Raith Rovers. Guarantee Hearts end will be sold out and people will be singing in the pubs and the stadium just out of sheer relief. I am peeved off about the situation and position Hearts got themselves into but we need to move forward and take what medicine is given to us. HHGH 

as someone who goes away regularly there is no chance I will give any of my maroon pounds to any of those clubs except ICT. To do that as a fan would be like rolling over completely watching those snake clubs counting our money to use against us whilst laughing at us all the way to bank maroon cash. Giving them my cash would make me feel that I was complicit in supporting their scummy clubs. Anyway, individuals will make their own choices

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

as someone who goes away regularly there is no chance I will give any of my maroon pounds to any of those clubs except ICT. To do that as a fan would be like rolling over completely watching those snake clubs counting our money to use against us whilst laughing at us all the way to bank maroon cash. Giving them my cash would make me feel that I was complicit in supporting their scummy clubs. Anyway, individuals will make their own choices

ICT is the only one I'll be at now. That's if I fancy the 7.45pm Tuesday night kick off time which is a nap to happen.

Other clubs who voted in the Championship with one eye on this season's money, and the other eye on a wee windfall from a large traveling Hearts support twice a season can swing for it as far as I'm concerned.

Not a hope in hell that I'll be there to help fill their coffers.

I'd rather visit the club shop every second week and spend the equivalent amount of ticket/travel money there.

12 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

ICT is the only one I'll be at now. That's if I fancy the 7.45pm Tuesday night kick off time which is a nap to happen.

Other clubs who voted in the Championship with one eye on this season's money, and the other eye on a wee windfall from a large traveling Hearts support twice a season can swing for it as far as I'm concerned.

I'd rather visit the club shop every second week and spend the equivalent amount of ticket/travel money there.

This.

22games nro
4 hours ago, Busby8 said:

100% this

On 16/04/2020 at 15:23, joondalupjambo said:

I’m angry and disgusted at all these clubs for the way this scandal has evolved, we have been royally shafted, at this point 

we want clubs to suffer...but who are we kidding, after no football for a number of months, if that first game is away at Ayr or Arbroath, there will be 3-4 thousand Jambos in attendance...it’s what we do

I would never question any Jambos who choose to boycott these clubs, I completely understand.. it’s an individual choice, but when the football comes back you will be in a tiny minority 

6 hours ago, Busby8 said:

👍

I see all the people rushing back to the snake pits already. 

I hope these clubs go bust.

dont come crying on here when they are laughing at you for being mugs. 

away day tickets should go to FOH. 

Haven't read the thread and I don't get to many away games anyway. 

Boycott's never last for long in Scottish football, aren't Rangers fans meant to be boycotting half the grounds in the SPFL? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not accepting tickets for the semifinal would be a message. 

SFA SPFL who cares, some sort of statement 

East Lothian Jambo

I think if we all survive this and emerge on the other side we'll all be glad to be able to watch our team wherever and who ever they play 

As has been said already, the blame for this doesn't lie with teams who voted to bring the season to a conclusion.  Responsibility lies with those who've overseen Hearts sat bottom of the league after 30 games on 10 March

These are exceptional circumstances that nobody could predict.  Everyone would wish the season to be played to conclusion but clearly that's not possible.  I'm not convinced supporters will gain admission to football stadia this calendar year

Hearts should be sat back indifferent to all this commotion.  Instead we're in shit street because our owner backed a perennial loser and is paying a heavy price 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

Well said, let’s wait and see how it goes. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, jbee647 said:

I’m angry and disgusted at all these clubs for the way this scandal has evolved, we have been royally shafted, at this point 

we want clubs to suffer...but who are we kidding, after no football for a number of months, if that first game is away at Ayr or Arbroath, there will be 3-4 thousand Jambos in attendance...it’s what we do

I would never question any Jambos who choose to boycott these clubs, I completely understand.. it’s an individual choice, but when the football comes back you will be in a tiny minority 

Ive not seen one post saying they’re missing games.

Ive seen people they’re going to boycott, more than say they will go.

Ive seen many posts slating the players for putting us in this position, and not taking a wage cut, if most are still here they won’t be welcomed by most.

If we do get relegated the anger will only get worse.

Our owner has a lot to do in the next few weeks to save us and galvanise the support. 
We still aren’t free from Levein and Macphee, any attempt to extend their time will be met with more anger.

If Stendel leaves another manager will need to be found, her track record hasn’t been great.

We need a new sporting director, again her choice will need to be good.

Even Budge said she will remember those that wronged us.

A tiny minority, I doubt that.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Haven't read the thread and I don't get to many away games anyway. 

Boycott's never last for long in Scottish football, aren't Rangers fans meant to be boycotting half the grounds in the SPFL? 

They might well be, there’s another 5-10k Bigoted Neanderthals to take their place.

spanner man

Hope you don't mind a visitor throwing his tuppence worth in (1) a complete boycott wont work fans will want to see their team wherever they play (2) Support hearts at home and cut allocations to away teams who back stabbed you fill the place with Jambos hearts will benefit by your support it worked at Ibrox and will again at Tynecastle. (3) Ann Budge has been taken to the cleaners by the cabal at Hamdump with hindsight she never saw this deception coming coming she thought wrongly that she was dealing with honest people. (4) I never heard the fat lady singing.

Other than ICT & Partick... nobody's get even the steam off my ****. Matter of principle. Boycott and **** em.

If my money isn't going to hmfc, it stays in my pocket or the local pubs that serve us

Hot since 86

I’ve went home and away supporting this club for years. Fat chance this is going to change that. Budge had a chance to make a stand and backed down. She’s about to get ridden and we are going down. Fine.

We’ve been shit and that’s what we get.

Chance for a clean break. New ownership and proper Hearts boys sticking by their club home and away. As it’s always been.

Same folk on here saying they won’t go to away games who never go. 

Hot since 86
On 16/04/2020 at 16:47, kylelauren01 said:

Nail on head, close thread.

Even the Rangers fans realise that any suggestion of boycotting is futile. They promised it in 2012 but couldn’t manage it, as the draw of an away day on the bevvy and getting to go through their song book was just too tempting. 

Hi K, didn’t know you were back posting. Hope the buses will be frequent.

4 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

I’ve went home and away supporting this club for years. Fat chance this is going to change that. Budge had a chance to make a stand and backed down. She’s about to get ridden and we are going down. Fine.

Chance for a clean break. New ownership and proper Hearts boys sticking by their club home and away. As it’s always been.

I’m sure some will go to away games. Your / their choice. 
Suppose I’m not a proper hearts boy then by refusing to fund clubs that stuck the boot in to certain clubs as well as us. I will continue to buy a ST and my FOH subs will always continue as well. 

Hot since 86
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m sure some will go to away games. Your / their choice. 
Suppose I’m not a proper hearts boy then by refusing to fund clubs that stuck the boot in to certain clubs as well as us. I will continue to buy a ST and my FOH subs will always continue as well. 

Guess not.

maroonsgotop
7 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

like who

kylelauren01
9 hours ago, Hot since 86 said:

Hi K, didn’t know you were back posting. Hope the buses will be frequent.

Drawn back in after a significant absence and can’t help myself. Still annnoys the living bejeesus out of me though 😂😂 I thought I was mellow and mature enough to come back but clearly not!!

Question for the people who are looking forward to Dundee away next year.

Will you purchase your Dundee/Celtic half and half scarf before or after the game? 

Every pound handed over to these yes voting clubs is a pound in agreement with their actions, actions that demoted Heart of Midlothian FC.

Hot since 86
20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Every pound handed over to these yes voting clubs is a pound in agreement with their actions, actions that demoted Heart of Midlothian FC.

I like watching football, I like away days. What these clubs have done isn’t going to ruin that.

Im paying the money to watch Hearts, it would just be spent on some other meaningless shite anyway.

Interesting to see how many stay away if it’s an end of season decider between us and them at dens how many people keep these weird principals.

I won’t care though because what other people do is entirely up to them.

Hot since 86
25 minutes ago, Rods said:

Will you purchase your Dundee/Celtic half and half scarf before or after the game? 

Be in the Hearts end cheering on my team mate.

Cant imagine shite like Dundee influencing whether I support my team or not but you do what you want.

36 minutes ago, Rods said:

Give it a rest. Some people really struggle to handle the fact that not everyone agrees with them. 

24 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Give it a rest. Some people really struggle to handle the fact that not everyone agrees with them. 

This is not about agreeing or disagreeing. They shafted us we have no redress except to hit them what they value most. That’s money it’s fairly simple.

1 minute ago, Rods said:

This is not about agreeing or disagreeing. They shafted us we have no redress except to hit them what they value most. That’s money it’s fairly simple.

It’s a no-win situation. They could just do the same to us and boycott Tynecastle. 

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

It’s a no-win situation. They could just do the same to us and boycott Tynecastle. 

I hope they do. 

We will fill Tynecastle and give these rats the welcome they deserve.

weekend offender
On 17/04/2020 at 13:09, joondalupjambo said:

Nah you play golf on a Saturday in the summer 😃

Golf !!!! no really a mans game but everybody to their own eh

52 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Id hope we were offering them zero tickets for Tynecastle.

I also hope we, the fans, give Dundee/Raith etc a Liverpool european style of welcome and the club turn off the heating/hot water in away changing rooms.

Edited by Gambo