Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

37 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

you seem like you are the same person

I'm always open to be wrong if you have anything to support your assessment. If i'm wrong about something and someone points that out then I learned something. I'm definitely open to learning.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You talking about Trump and Johnson 😜?

I would deem Trump to be King of the ludicrous comment/claim. A man so stupid he doesn't have sufficient intellect to grasp his own stupidity.

16 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I would deem Trump to be King of the ludicrous comment/claim. A man so stupid he doesn't have sufficient intellect to grasp his own stupidity.

Trump perfectly illustrates the Dunning Kruger effect.

7 hours ago, newbie said:

Sorry, but you're indulging in semantics, they are converse in that they produce the polar opposite effect, relegation versus title-winners. 

adjective
opposite or contrary in direction, action, sequence, etc.; turned around.
noun
something opposite or contrary.

I'm not advocating we should be declared 'relegation-exempt', nor that Celtic should be crowned champions, only that people who hanker after the former should also acknowledge the latter.

I know you're using lots of big words but, if your argument is 100% wrong, Big words don't help

4 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

Fellow Kickbackers, this is how quickly things can escalate......

I work in a military facility in Adelaide (Air Force) . I've just received a text from my boss (a squadron leader) advising that that the Office Commanding (OC) of the Wing has been tested positive for Covid-19 following a 2-week trip to the US.

Him (the OC) being an Englishman, we often have 'tea cosy' chats about our respective football teams (him, Arsenal and me, Hearts). We've had a few of them since he returned from the States.

So now, I'm in a state of 14-day quarantine, like it or not. I'm asymtomatic, but........

No idea whether this comes off my sick leave, annual leave or even long service leave.

TBH, I just feel like getting pished.

Son I believe you will now be facing a Court Martial for disclosing military secrets, your Squadron is clearly rudderless given your OC is choked wi the cauld & you have given the enemy the upper hand in the war down under.

Get back on that fence & man your Station son.

Col, Nathan R Jessop.

ScandinavianJambo
5 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

Fellow Kickbackers, this is how quickly things can escalate......

I work in a military facility in Adelaide (Air Force) . I've just received a text from my boss (a squadron leader) advising that that the Office Commanding (OC) of the Wing has been tested positive for Covid-19 following a 2-week trip to the US.

Him (the OC) being an Englishman, we often have 'tea cosy' chats about our respective football teams (him, Arsenal and me, Hearts). We've had a few of them since he returned from the States.

So now, I'm in a state of 14-day quarantine, like it or not. I'm asymtomatic, but........

No idea whether this comes off my sick leave, annual leave or even long service leave.

TBH, I just feel like getting pished.

Hang in there bud. Hopefully you can have a drink soon!

John Gentleman
28 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Hang in there bud. Hopefully you can have a drink soon!

Already had three (Glengoyne 12yo), plus a beer chaser.

Symptomymes? What Symptomymes?? Nane sae far! 😀

8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Fair. None of what I said was aimed at Tom. Just a general lack of trust inpeople saying they know stuff.

8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Fair dues mate - hardly anyone on here is identifiable.

Interested to hear what else THD says about this if anything - we don’t have anything else to talk about.....

Indeed, guys. 
It’s a very fluid situation. Hard to keep up with events and possible outcomes.

The Easter school thing mentioned above is a good example. I heard of those proposals at the start of the week. I’m no “ insider “, just another Joe !

Would be very unfair of Celtic to win the title because of the virus when our very own 1914-15 team lost out because they went to fight for their country. 

Just cancel the season and start again next year with 14. That's the right thing to do and the only sensible option available. 

3fingersreid
6 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Would be very unfair of Celtic to win the title because of the virus when our very own 1914-15 team lost out because they went to fight for their country. 

It’s the celtic way though , let them have it , the tainted coronavirus title .

CCDA7409-9BCF-49DC-BD96-4BDFE6F55732.pngIt’s not allowing me to upload another image. Sutton says in our national press the above but the polar opposite in the English press about Liverpool haha. 

Edited by busby1985

10 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

I am fine Norrie lol I stay in Spain now but hope to move back to Fife later this year for good having suffered 15 yrs of this warm climate lol.

10 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

I am fine Norrie lol I stay in Spain now but hope to move back to Fife later this year for good having suffered 15 yrs of this warm climate lol.

That's good.Its still just as cold here haha

17 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just cancel the season and start again next year with 14. That's the right thing to do and the only sensible option available. 

Which 2 teams would you promote from the championship ?

Japan Jambo
15 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Neil Lennon will always be a complete wank.

I’ll buy a shirt with COVID-19 on the back if we stay up.

And will then go back to abusing Budge and all the losers around her.

Given that by the time the next season starts everyone will probably at least know someone who has passed as a result of the virus you may not be entirely well recieved...

26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Which 2 teams would you promote from the championship ?

United and one from a play off

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just what Nicola Sturgeon said 

Thanks Mikey so not a change in policy just what had been stated anyway.

10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Expect announcement about schools soon around Easter hols.

That was a forgone conclusion. the idiots up here who are running a bodybuilding comp have stated its going ahead no matter what because it will be less than 500 people. Its due for early April. Not even a its a fluid situation and may change , just NS said 500 so we will make sure we stay under 500. 

Nothing like taking a risk with people in that condition , who pick up lots of little bugs , will be plenty of carriers there in theory. Add to that gyms , will be a hive for this as peoples comprehension for gym etiquette is limited and 🤯

Edited by sadj

AlphonseCapone
14 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

If the season is to be stopped and declared null and void, it’s not the only fair way to decide the dishing out of prizes but this definitely did cross my mind. One home and one away would certainly be fairer than simply deciding things when there are numerous different arithmetical outcomes still possible. I knew we’d still go down but I could live with the above rather than the inequality of stopping now and going with that. It’s almost worth going down to see the look on Lennon/Brown’s faces as Rangers are handed another tainted title to stop 9 in a row!

Have a word with yourself. No idea why no one else picked you up on an absolute shan comment. 

AlphonseCapone
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

That was a forgone conclusion. the idiots up here who are running a bodybuilding comp have stated its going ahead no matter what because it will be less than 500 people. Its due for early April. Not even a its a fluid situation and may change , just NS said 500 so we will make sure we stay under 500. 

Nothing like taking a risk with people in that condition , who pick up lots of little bugs , will be plenty of carriers there in theory. Add to that gyms , will be a hive for this as peoples comprehension for gym etiquette is limited and 🤯

Shite from the organisers but personal responsibility has to come into it too, if you are a competitor or spectator you shouldn't be going. 

38 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Given that by the time the next season starts everyone will probably at least know someone who has passed as a result of the virus you may not be entirely well recieved...

Yep,

Have an elderly relative, know someone with respiratory problems or anyone in high risk category and so across the whole population.

Ireland PM and most of the rest of the world 'think of the vulnerable' ours 'some will die sooner rather than later' collateral damage.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

CCDA7409-9BCF-49DC-BD96-4BDFE6F55732.pngIt’s not allowing me to upload another image. Sutton says in our national press the above but the polar opposite in the English press about Liverpool haha. 

He does think Norwich should go down too so it's not just him taking a dig at Hearts

Screenshot_20200314-112654.png

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

He does think Norwich should go down too so it's not just him taking a dig at Hearts

Aye?

IMG_20200314_113046.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Yeah but his other column in the mail in England he’s basically saying that you can’t hand Liverpool the title but we have to give the title to celtic haha. He is correct about us tho. And i would prefer us to either play the remainder of the games and try avoid the drop or I’d accept us going down as we deserve it and have been the worst side in the league. I don’t want any stupid Aberdeen style “drop” avoids hoovering over us. 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

A wonderful description of him, suits him down to a tee, no pun intended.

Just now, busby1985 said:

Yeah but his other column in the mail in England he’s basically saying that you can’t hand Liverpool the title but we have to give the title to celtic haha. He is correct about us tho. And i would prefer us to either play the remainder of the games and try avoid the drop or I’d accept us going down as we deserve it and have been the worst side in the league. I don’t want any stupid Aberdeen style “drop” avoids hoovering over us. 

Sutton loves getting a reaction from people so not surprised he contradicts himself. Anyway what he says is simply an opinion and has no say in what actually happens, thankfully.

1 minute ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Sutton loves getting a reaction from people so not surprised he contradicts himself. Anyway what he says is simply an opinion and has no say in what actually happens, thankfully.

Yeah that is true. The worry is, the people that do make the decisions thought that we could play two semi finals in one day, at the same stadium, 3 hours apart from each other. 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

As I’ve said before, this is where I am at, a very sensible idea..................that’s why It won’t be considered

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Who are the two teams that come up?  Nothing is settled in the championship so interested who you think it is. 

davemclaren
49 minutes ago, sadj said:

Never seen so many spaces on a Saturday when I look online at the gym I use. I cancelled my spin class for today last night after googling the risks. 🤷🏼‍♂️

One minute its "no one should suffer alone" for mental health, the next its "self isolation" for physical health.

Anyone over 50 must be disgusted with todays world.

2 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Who are the two teams that come up?  Nothing is settled in the championship so interested who you think it is. 

You could always start with 13 teams including United. When bury went bust it left an uneven number of teams 

After The Watershed

This isn't just about relegation, promotion and champions. Looking at the championship you have seven clubs who could have a chance of the play offs. How could you pick one? When would a play -off happen? Clubs can sign players in the summer and have better teams than they do now prior to the play-off. 

A lot of Scottish clubs will be hit hard financially and may not survive if the status quo is in place next season. As a measure to minimise the effects on clubs the leagues should be increased in size. Premier becomes a 22 league division and the second tier a 20. This would provide security to clubs knowing they may not have to spend as much on wages as they normally would in the top flight to stay up. Cloths can be cut to keep clubs alive. 

The league can then put further plans to restructure back to how it is or something different in 3-4 years time. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

You could always start with 13 teams including United. When bury went bust it left an uneven number of teams 

you could also take the teams in the playoff positions and take their first two home and away ties in a mini league and promote the team that is top

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why dundee United, they haven't won the league. 

If they cancel the season how will they award prize money. Surely every team gets an equal share. This would help all the smaller clubs get through a difficult time. 

8 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

One minute its "no one should suffer alone" for mental health, the next its "self isolation" for physical health.

Anyone over 50 must be disgusted with todays world.

Why? 

Enzo Chiefo
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Never seen so many spaces on a Saturday when I look online at the gym I use. I cancelled my spin class for today last night after googling the risks. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I went to the gym last night and yes, it was quieter than normal.  But again, if you wash your hands and don't touch your face you will not be at risk. There is a mass over reaction imo, fuelled by  those in authority. I prefer to temper official statements from govts with other views  such as the patient on the BBC Scotland website.who outlined his swift recovery or those of leading German virologists who contradict Merkel's mad predictions of 53m infections there.  They predict 45k to be nearer the final total  if the maxinum 80% are going to be infected then why sanitise and hand wash? Everyone needs to keep calm and carry on pretty much as normal.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I went to the gym last night and yes, it was quieter than normal.  But again, if you wash your hands and don't touch your face you will not be at risk. There is a mass over reaction imo, fuelled by  those in authority. I prefer to temper official statements from govts with other views  such as the patient on the BBC Scotland website.who outlined his swift recovery or those of leading German virologists who contradict Merkel's mad predictions of 53m infections there.  They predict 45k to be nearer the final total  if the maxinum 80% are going to be infected then why sanitise and hand wash? Everyone needs to keep calm and carry on pretty much as normal.

Don’t try to sound positive.

The grim reaper poster will be along shortly.

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Don’t try to sound positive.

The grim reaper poster will be along shortly.

Yes, apologies for that Real Maroon. Wir dooooomed!!!

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The published daily figures don’t help either. The advice is to self isolate by staying at home if you get symptoms and only seek medical attention if symptoms worsen. So you stay at home then get better after 5-7 days and nobody knows you’ve had it. Going to make the death rate way higher as time goes on and worry people even more. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The published daily figures don’t help either. The advice is to self isolate by staying at home if you get symptoms and only seek medical attention if symptoms worsen. So you stay at home then get better after 5-7 days and nobody knows you’ve had it. Going to make the death rate way higher as time goes on and worry people even more. 

Yes, i agree. I think they are only testing those in hospital but what happens at the stage before that?

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Shite from the organisers but personal responsibility has to come into it too, if you are a competitor or spectator you shouldn't be going. 

Absolutely , only interested in the money , that is not looking out for people’s health , i know the people involved and it will 💯 be self indulgent the reasons for continuing. I have no doubt it will get cancelled beforehand but won’t be by their hands

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed , my neighbour came round to train today hes a 21year old with major mental health issues going on and even just that one person coming in here i was taking no chances. It may be a blessing in disguise to the industry as those who are focussed on money and not peoples health and mental well being as reason for pt’ing may not hang about.

Spot on cancelling , Don’t take any unnecessary risks Dave it is absolutely not worth it.  

48 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You don’t gym 😝 

39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Very few people are actually getting tested. Most including those self isolating currently won't be.

So infection figures need to be taken with caution. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I bet you are under 60 with no underlying health or immune issues. 😎

To be fair, I’ve been getting weird looks for years as the only person in the class that wipes down the bike with disinfectant wipes prior to the class. I wasn’t the only one doing that last week. 😎

davemclaren
55 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Correct. And you won’t know if you have any immunity going forward either. You could think you have by mistake. 🤔

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think we are lucky on this occasion that the highest “order” of society in Scotland has a Rangers bias.

In Scotland, Celtic will not be crowned champions without the completing the league games.

Sutton’s wet dream won’t become reality.